Oil, Gas Companies Backing Effort to Block U.S. EPA

cygo
Science Freak
cygo's picture
User is offlineOffline

The head of the American Petroleum Institute, the largest U.S. oil and gas industry trade group, is pushing a proposal in Congress to block the Environmental Protection Agency from capping carbon dioxide emissions.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-14/oil-gas-companies-back-effort-to-bar-u-s-epa-from-imposing-carbon-limits.html

KillerCroc
KillerCroc's picture
User is offlineOffline
Idiots! Well intentioned,

Idiots! Well intentioned, uninformed idiots!

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
KillerCroc wrote:Idiots!

KillerCroc wrote:

Idiots! Well intentioned, uninformed idiots!

Yep, that about sums up the whole green movement.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:“We can clean

Quote:
“We can clean the environment, grow the economy and generate next generation pollution control technologies that we can sell across the globe,” Mendelson said in an interview.

OK, is he just saying that or does he have a proposal for how to go about it?  Seriously, if he has a proposal, then it should not be rejected out of hand.  If he really thinks that he can pull that off, then we should look over the idea(s) and consider what response they deserve.  If they are batshit crazy, then we reject them.

Come on!  Waiting a few more decades on this doesn't sound like all that smart of an idea but if he has something ready to go on the table, then six months of study work is hardly a make or break deal.

And yes, I am well aware that old thread is old.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=