the weirdo from Kabul!

godisgoneonhoneymoon
godisgoneonhoneymoon's picture
User is offlineOffline
the weirdo from Kabul!

Hey everyone, as some of you know, this is me from Kabul. Eye-wink

Just wanted to show my presence. But few words about my previous month, The Holly Ramadan.

It was so awful. i had to starve many days because there was no food in the city or there was no privacy for me to eat. this sounds crazy to most of you, isn't it?

Anyway, i could and did smoke in the office compound, where they can not touch me but to hate me in their heart, as they do. Because its an international place and stuff like that, but mainly its because they dont want to raise their voices because the heads of the organization are all internationals, though most of them are Christians. but atleast they dont care about who fasts or who doesnt.

So i just passed a very bad month. And everyone hates me in the office. lol

A nice part of it: a cute girl in the office didn't mind me not fasting at all! Instead we had an Amazing LUNCH DATE in RAMADAN in KABUL. That was a wow!

Cheers!

Religion makes me suffer everyday!

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 I've been hearing a lot of

I've been hearing a lot of negative talk about Islam lately.  On average do you think that Islam is worse then Christianity?  

Edit:  Sorry, I guess it's a stupid question.   Congratulations on your lunch with a cute girl!

godisgoneonhoneymoon
User is offlineOffline
Aren't they (islam and

Aren't they (islam and christianity) worse than each other?!

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
godisgoneonhoneymoon

godisgoneonhoneymoon wrote:

Aren't they (islam and christianity) worse than each other?!

I suppose that christian people feel Islam is bad, and Islamic people feel Christianity is bad.  I think that they are both bad.  From things you have said you live in a country that has very little freedom.  I wonder if you would live in a country like that if fanatical Christians controlled the government.  

godisgoneonhoneymoon
User is offlineOffline
They are both bad, agreed.

They are both bad, agreed. But the long beards and dirty cloths of Muslims can be wors.

I don't call it a living, I prefer calling it surviving, with little fun at times which can have real serious consequences.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi from Australia

Godisgone. Yeah I think both these religions are worse than each other though at least we can criticise christianity without fear of death. I think the lesson of the past 10 years is that a lot of people are looking religion in the eye and not liking what they see. Vocal atheism is growing.

Take care of yourself and try to get a second date with that girl.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Yeah mate

What's with the public starving thing? I'd be going to maccas and eating chips and sauce on the cathedral steps.

Humans are sheep.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

cygo
Science Freak
cygo's picture
User is offlineOffline
godisgoneonhoneymoon

Hey everyone, as some of you know, this is me from Kabul. Eye-wink

Just wanted to show my presence. But few words about my previous month, The Holly Ramadan.

It was so awful. i had to starve many days because there was no food in the city or there was no privacy for me to eat. this sounds crazy to most of you, isn't it?

Anyway, i could and did smoke in the office compound, where they can not touch me but to hate me in their heart, as they do. Because its an international place and stuff like that, but mainly its because they dont want to raise their voices because the heads of the organization are all internationals, though most of them are Christians. but atleast they dont care about who fasts or who doesnt.

So i just passed a very bad month. And everyone hates me in the office. lol

A nice part of it: a cute girl in the office didn't mind me not fasting at all! Instead we had an Amazing LUNCH DATE in RAMADAN in KABUL. That was a wow!

Cheers!

A recent experiment with monkeys added more evidence that calorie restriction prolongs life, but even after being years on a calorie restricted diet, the monkeys were still hungry.  They didn't get use to it .. they (surprise) didn't keep it up on their own, independently.

- -

And that explains why I'm still fat even having known this for some time now.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:
What's with the public starving thing? I'd be going to maccas and eating chips and sauce on the cathedral steps.

Humans are sheep.

You are missing an important detail here.

He gets to act like a gluttonous fool at breakfast and dinner. He must not have lunch. In Islam, fasting means skipping one meal every day but taking credit for having not eaten at all.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I see now.

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

Humans are sheep.

You are missing an important detail here.

He gets to act like a gluttonous fool at breakfast and dinner. He must not have lunch. In Islam, fasting means skipping one meal every day but taking credit for having not eaten at all.

So it's actually just a symbolic fast with no real long term suffering at all?

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is there any particular

Is there any particular reason you're staying in that part of the world?

godisgoneonhoneymoon
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

'

godisgoneonhoneymoon
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote: So

Atheistextremist wrote:

So it's actually just a symbolic fast with no real long term suffering at all?

Ok this is how it is: The fasting starts late at night. YOu need to have a meal like between 2 to 3 am. That is the most irritating part, because you get up from deap sleep, you cant keep your eyes open but you keep eating. Then you go back to sleep, some ( most people actually) dont go to sleep, they keep praying untill it's morning and they go out for their daily businesses. So you do not eat, drink, smoke ... at all during the day. I can avoid food but avoiding taking water is really bad specially if it is sunny. Then you eat in the evening. and this goes on for one month.

I stay here because this where i am from. But probably next year, I will be in Europe for studies. and I hope i dont come back. Eye-wink

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
Hi godisgoneonhoneymoon, 

Hi godisgoneonhoneymoon,  welcome to RRS!

Most of the best atheists I've met have been from the middle east- I think it's particularly admirable to be able to come from such a place and express that kind of critical thinking.

An atheist from China, for example?  Not very impressive in itself- it just doesn't take as much effort and personal conviction for rationality.

I stay here because this where i am from. But probably next year, I will be in Europe for studies. and I hope i dont come back. Eye-wink

Best of luck!  I hope you can get citizenship in a more sane country Smiling