Hello

cygo
Science Freak
cygo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello

I'm happy I found this place and very sure I'm in the company of some very brilliant people.

I'm the webmaster of cygo.com, around since 1999, focused on science, astronomy, space development (yes, like land development except it's space), mining asteroids, and assisting entreprenuers and going industrialists in setting up businesses in space.   This also addresses the concerns of environmentalists, U.N. space law, etc. 

There are many challenges ahead.

The ignorance displayed by so many adherents to religion alarms me and I have to wonder how we protect the hull of the ship from these people. 

Some technocracy seems to be an essential requirement for future survival.

Anyway, thanks for letting me in and I hope can contribute more than a sermon.

LOL

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome aboard.  You are

Welcome aboard.  You are exactly the type of person I would like us to have more of around here.  Please feel free to link to cygo.com in your signature, and repost any of your content on our site with a link to yours.  As long as you hang around for any discussion that ensues as a result of your posts.  

Glad to have another science minded person around here.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
from Canada

Hi and welcome to the forums, where are you posting from. Post early and often.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome.It's you science

Welcome.

It's you science guys that make self indulgent asshats like me look good. So snap to it and post something "sciencey" so I can regurgitate it on facebook and coerce easily led, morally casual women with daddy issues to show their admiration in that special way that only a gal with bullemia and low self esteem can.

I'll hop over to your site now... The truth is i wished my brain worked like that... I suffer from science envy. It may be true that the site needs more people like you... but it's also true that the world does too...

cygo
Science Freak
cygo's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm posting from the

I'm posting from the beautiful Fingerlakes in upstate New York.  The Sci-fi writer, Rod Serling, often used the names of the towns around here in his stories. 

cygo
Science Freak
cygo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods

Rich Woods wrote:

Welcome.

It's you science guys that make self indulgent asshats like me look good. So snap to it and post something "sciencey" so I can regurgitate it on facebook and coerce easily led, morally casual women with daddy issues to show their admiration in that special way that only a gal with bullemia and low self esteem can.

I'll hop over to your site now... The truth is i wished my brain worked like that... I suffer from science envy. It may be true that the site needs more people like you... but it's also true that the world does too...

So true and will do.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi, welcome.  So nice to

Hi, welcome.  So nice to have someone around who can correct me when I'm wrong.  LOL

I'm in Portland, OR and my avatar is a close approximation.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

jimmy.williamson
Superfan
jimmy.williamson's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi and welcome: you used a

Hi and welcome: you used a reference to the "hull of a ship" Navy?

cygo
Science Freak
cygo's picture
User is offlineOffline
jimmy.williamson wrote:Hi

jimmy.williamson wrote:
Hi and welcome: you used a reference to the "hull of a ship" Navy?

No.

Just that a spacecraft's hull, although likely to be meters thick (not like the aluminum cans of today), is subject to internal forces (ie. human) that could compromise its integrity, similar to a submarine except the inside is pushing out rather than the outside pushing in.

If a religious leader decides to have a march around the corner lamp post ........................

POOF.

There goes the SS Princess Diana.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcom cygo.  Good to have

Welcom cygo.  Good to have you here.  The more science freaks we have, the better.

Perhaps you would do me a favor?

I signed up for your forum but it seems that my user name is large enough that it flows over the first line of any post.  Would you please change it to AIGS   ?

Thanks in advance,

AIGS

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pleased to meet you, Cygo.

Look forward to seeing you on the boards.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
cygo wrote: The beautiful Fingerlakes

Yes ,that area is very nice,my sister lives up there next to Cayuga Lake,where she works at a group home for mentally challenged adults.

Signature ? How ?

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Hello

and "Welcome to the Machine",we the people need more scientist.Now,as far as a business in space,mining etc. I think that since we have evolved here on earth,I believe that we can not function in space,in a any real sense.But, hey that's only my opinion.

Signature ? How ?

cygo
Science Freak
cygo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:    Yes

Ken G. wrote:

Yes ,that area is very nice,my sister lives up there next to Cayuga Lake,where she works at a group home for mentally challenged adults.

Sally?

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
cygo wrote: Sally ?

Nope,her name is Jodi .

cygo
Science Freak
cygo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Welcom cygo.  Good to have you here.  The more science freaks we have, the better.

Perhaps you would do me a favor?

I signed up for your forum but it seems that my user name is large enough that it flows over the first line of any post.  Would you please change it to AIGS   ?

Thanks in advance,

AIGS

Wow.   

I changed it to GeneSim 

cygo
Science Freak
cygo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:    

Ken G. wrote:

Nope,her name is Jodi .

Yea, she brags about how big the hole is

(in her most recent lobotomy, of course).

http://www.tribute.ca/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/jodie_foster2.jpg

cygo
Science Freak
cygo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:   and

Ken G. wrote:

and "Welcome to the Machine",we the people need more scientist.Now,as far as a business in space,mining etc. I think that since we have evolved here on earth,I believe that we can not function in space,in a any real sense.But, hey that's only my opinion.

From Africa, humans have spread out across the earth.  The "natural habitat" has become, simply, any place you can make live-able.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
cygo wrote:Ken G. wrote: 

cygo wrote:

Ken G. wrote:

From Africa, humans have spread out across the earth.  The "natural habitat" has become, simply, any place you can make live-able.

That was very well said.  In many ways, Space is actually a much better habitat than a planet- more controlled conditions, more readily available energy (from solar, and environmental protester free fission)- if we can just get the resources up there to build without gravitational drag.

Welcome to RRS!