Hello.

OGM721
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hello.

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Oscar and I'm 28. I have a congenital heart defect. I love many types of music from classical and some jazz, to death metal and black metal. I grew up in a Catholic household and pretty much believed everything in Christian mythology until about 6 years ago. One night I just couldn't sleep and I started having conversations with myself about what I believed and what I've been told. Turns out I never really questioned anything I was told until that night. Now all the stories in bible just seem silly to me. One thing that I remember thinking about was that how could these people that wrote the bible; who lived thousands of years ago; who believed that the earth was the center of the universe; who got all this fundamental stuff about nature and physics so wrong, and yet they claim to know the inner workings of the universe, its creator, and why everything exists. It's like I woke up the next morning with a fresh pair of eyes and a new mind. I think the really cool part was finding out that my younger brother was also an Atheist which made it better for both of us because neither of us had anyone to talk to about this stuff.

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Just curious because my son had a heart problem, what kind of heart defect?

If all the Christians who have called other Christians " not really a Christian " were to vanish, there'd be no Christians left.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
OGM721 wrote: I love many types of music ..........

I to dig many types of music,but I really dig Hendrix and Miles Davis the most. I was also wondering what part of the USA are you from ? Those same things made me think,"Why would grown-ups beleive this crap ? " Anyway WELCOME TO THE  MACHINE !!!

Signature ? How ?

OGM721
atheist
User is offlineOffline
rebecca.williamson wrote:Hi

rebecca.williamson wrote:
Hi and welcome to the forum. Just curious because my son had a heart problem, what kind of heart defect?

I was born with Tricuspid Atresia.

Ken G. wrote:

I to dig many types of music,but I really dig Hendrix and Miles Davis the most. I was also wondering what part of the USA are you from ? Those same things made me think,"Why would grown-ups beleive this crap ? " Anyway WELCOME TO THE  MACHINE !!!

Great taste in music . I'm from Southern California.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome OGM

Pleased to meet you.

rebecca.williamson
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I've heard of that but I'll

I've heard of that but I'll have to google it and see what exactly it is. I'm not being nosy, I'm just really interested when it comes to the medical field. I've wanted to be an E.R. nurse since I was 14 but never got the chance to do it. My son was born with Jarcho-Levin syndrome and a side effect was a VSD which is a hole in his heart. So I have been pretty educated in the medical field with all his stuff so I kinda have a head start if I ever decided to do it.

Anyway I look forward to debating with you against some of these trolls on here and I hope you enjoy it and stick around.

If all the Christians who have called other Christians " not really a Christian " were to vanish, there'd be no Christians left.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
You have a heart defect and

You have a heart defect and you aren't praying to a fictional being who could have made you without it?

And don't go looking up medical stuff, that's just useless. I mean, what's wrong with faith healing?

Welcome btw. Just my silly way of welcoming you.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome OGM.... Hope you

Welcome OGM.... Hope you enjoy the message board... and I hope more that your ticker manages to keep on ticking without too much fanfair...

btw Ken... excellent calls.....

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! 

Welcome!

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

billyy2288 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Hi, I am a new member of

Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Edited by butterbattle: No advertising.

100percentAtheist
atheist
100percentAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
billyy2288 wrote:Hi, I am a

billyy2288 wrote:

Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Mod edit: spam removed.  AIGS

Of course, you will be welcomed presuming you show a relatively low degree of ignorance and intolerance.

Unless you are born again, all we are newcomers at this strange place. 

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
billyy2288 wrote:Hi, I am a

billyy2288 wrote:

Mod edit: spam removed.  AIGS

Sure, but please drop the spam.  Thanks.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.