1 out of 5 Americans think Obama is a Muslim

ubuntuAnyone
Theist
ubuntuAnyone's picture
Posts: 862
Joined: 2009-08-06
User is offlineOffline
1 out of 5 Americans think Obama is a Muslim

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”


ubuntuAnyone
Theist
ubuntuAnyone's picture
Posts: 862
Joined: 2009-08-06
User is offlineOffline
Link trimmed....try again

Link trimmed....try again here.

 

 


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5095
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Meh.

 

Can't help suspecting he's an agnostic atheist, myself.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13545
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
1 in 5 people are morons.I

1 in 5 people are morons.

I would suggest these idiots go read the United States Constitution.

I am sick of this fucking issue because it shouldn't be. There is no religious test to holding public office nor is there a religious test to be a citizen. His actions are what people should judge, not what god he claims to believe in. It is nothing but conspiracy crap on the part of those who cant stand the fact that their party lost the last election.

The United States is full of people with ethic and religious backgrounds from all over the world, and it has always been that way. It is sick to me that people still today want to try to link Obama to nuts like Bin Ladin because they lost an election.

Fortunately none of these conspiracy nuts had anything to do with the writing of our Constitution.

Even if he came out tomorrow and said, "I am a Muslim", that would not make him a terrorist or a criminal, nor would that disqualify him from the Presidency.

1 in 5 people believe he is a Muslim? SO THE FUCK WHAT, he isn't, not that anyone should care. Again, this is nothing but sour grapes on the part of the right wing because they didn't get the outcome of the election they wanted.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13545
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
1 in 5 people are morons. I

Double post.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:1 in 5 people

Brian37 wrote:

1 in 5 people are morons.

 

Oh..... I think you're giving the populace a lil' too much credit there, Bri.....


jimmy.williamson
Superfan
jimmy.williamson's picture
Posts: 249
Joined: 2010-08-07
User is offlineOffline
Muslim, Christian what ever

Muslim, Christian what ever there all equally bat shit to me. What does it fucking mater.


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
From what I understand

From what I understand without reading this article is that he was raised from 6-10 or something in a muslim community but I don't think that makes one a muslim.

It's just straw grabbing coupled with the general dislike of muslims in this country.

Personally I don't like Obama, I really don't like any politicians though some are just worse than others. It doesn't matter who we elect because they will have their party strings attached and we just have to watch them do the stupid puppet dance.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:From what I

robj101 wrote:

From what I understand without reading this article is that he was raised from 6-10 or something in a muslim community but I don't think that makes one a muslim.

It's just straw grabbing coupled with the general dislike of muslims in this country.

Personally I don't like Obama, I really don't like any politicians though some are just worse than others. It doesn't matter who we elect because they will have their party strings attached and we just have to watch them do the stupid puppet dance.

 

Agreed Rob...

 

This , to me, amounts to nothing more than the average imbecile's inability to articulate a point... Rather than deal with facts, like President Obama's Father, and stepFather being Muslim, or that he went to an Islamic school for 2 years (I went to Catholic school for 11 years...see how that turned out?).... They simply claim he *IS* Muslim because they don't have the rationalle to engage in discussion...

While it is fair to claim that President Obama has Islamic ties from his upbringing... it would be irresponsible to also not acknowledge that his history gives him an insight that no other president has ever had...

 

I am not happy with this Presidency either.... I disagree with much of the legislation that has been implimented... But I will reserve my critisism to *policy*...and not rumor, unnuendo and fear mongering... 


ubuntuAnyone
Theist
ubuntuAnyone's picture
Posts: 862
Joined: 2009-08-06
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:It's just

robj101 wrote:
It's just straw grabbing coupled with the general dislike of muslims in this country.

Yeah...seems like someone's always gotta be the bad guys...Before it was the Muslims, it was the Iraqis, then the Commies, then the Nazis and Japanese...

 

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”


ubuntuAnyone
Theist
ubuntuAnyone's picture
Posts: 862
Joined: 2009-08-06
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:I am not

Rich Woods wrote:

I am not happy with this Presidency either.... I disagree with much of the legislation that has been implimented... But I will reserve my critisism to *policy*...and not rumor, unnuendo and fear mongering... 

Ad hominem attacks and fear mongering have a long history together: make a bad guy out of someone, and everyone will fear him.

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”


Pillowpants
atheist
Pillowpants's picture
Posts: 30
Joined: 2010-01-20
User is offlineOffline
1 in 5 Americans also

1 in 5 Americans also believe that the Sun rotates around the Earth.


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
Pillowpants wrote:1 in 5

Pillowpants wrote:

1 in 5 Americans also believe that the Sun rotates around the Earth.

 

Excellent point...........


mellestad
Moderator
Posts: 2927
Joined: 2009-08-19
User is offlineOffline
Most of these people will

Most of these people will think he is not an American citizen.  Whenever they say his name they'll always say, Barack Hussein Obama, because you know, Hussein means he's an evil Muslimist who wants to eat our babies don'tcha know!

Seriously, most of these people are willfully ignorant bigots.

 

I wouldn't be shocked if he was a closeted atheist/agnostic.  If he is a theist, he's a very liberal one.

 

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2376
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is onlineOnline
Repeat!!!!!!!

mellestad wrote:

Most of these people will think he is not an American citizen.  Whenever they say his name they'll always say, Barack Hussein Obama, because you know, Hussein means he's an evil Muslimist who wants to eat our babies don'tcha know!

Seriously, most of these people are willfully ignorant bigots.

 

I wouldn't be shocked if he was a closeted atheist/agnostic.  If he is a theist, he's a very liberal one.

 

 

 

 

                     I have said this before on this site so I will say it again.  I sincerly  believe that Barak Hussein Obama became a christian on the exact same day he decided to run for elective office.  He joined a church headed big a black bigot because he needed a church then spent the next 20 years eather ignoring or just not listening to what the preacher said.

 

 

                    18 months ago the white house made a big deal about how he chose a nearby church to attend while he and the family lived in D.C..  But he has so far been too too busy to actually attend.  Bless his atheistic heart!  I believe Obama is the latest in a long line  of un-believing Presidents,  Jefferson, Washington, Buchanon, Lincoln, Grant  "both" Roosevelts , Harding, Hoover, Truman, Nixon, Regan;..... all these  politicians found time to pay lip service to religion but never found time to attend a church.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
Holy shit that's like

Holy shit that's like 15%

 

 

 


Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
Posts: 2376
Joined: 2008-03-25
User is onlineOnline
More???

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Holy shit that's like 15%

 

 

 

 

 

 

                         There may be others but those few I am sure of.  Even the deeply religous Presidents like Adams and Jackson deliberately kept their religion OUT of their politics.    Carter and Clinton looked like asses when ever they reverted to religion;  Dubbyah just looked like an ass.

 

 

                         Has an interesting side note. IF  Hoover & Nixon carried any religous convictions they could not for religious reasons run for high office,  A govenor & president would be IN COMMAND of armed forces and Hoover & Nixon had Quacker backgrounds. 

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Fact: 13 out of 14 RRS'ers

Fact: 13 out of 14 RRS'ers believe that surveys collected and presented by corporate press agencies actually mean precisely what said agency claims they do

I don't know, but I think considering that the SCOTUS ruled earlier this year that Fox News Channel wasn't actually news but entertainment, it doesn't hurt to look at mass media with a skeptical eye...

 

 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Fact: 13 out of

Kapkao wrote:

Fact: 13 out of 14 RRS'ers believe that surveys collected and presented by corporate press agencies actually mean precisely what said agency claims they do

I don't know, but I think considering that the SCOTUS ruled earlier this year that Fox News Channel wasn't actually news but entertainment, it doesn't hurt to look at mass media with a skeptical eye...

 

 

As my mother is one that believes Obama is a Muslim, I'm not sure if it is all corporate spin.

Believe me, I've been trying to find nice ways to tell my mom that if she really believes that, she and a sackful of doorknobs have a lot in common.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:
                         There may be others but those few I am sure of.  Even the deeply religous Presidents like Adams and Jackson deliberately kept their religion OUT of their politics.    Carter and Clinton looked like asses when ever they reverted to religion;  Dubbyah just looked like an ass.

 

 

                         Has an interesting side note. IF  Hoover & Nixon carried any religous convictions they could not for religious reasons run for high office,  A govenor & president would be IN COMMAND of armed forces and Hoover & Nixon had Quacker backgrounds. 

Shut up Kyle and give me your Jew gold...

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:I don't know,

Kapkao wrote:
I don't know, but I think considering that the SCOTUS ruled earlier this year that Fox News Channel wasn't actually news but entertainment, it doesn't hurt to look at mass media with a skeptical eye...

 

OK, I checked the records and that does not exist. At least as far as I can tell.

 

Do you have a link on your assertion?

 

Or are you going off of what your sister's hairdresser's cousin's lesbian lover has to say on the matter?

 

 

 

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Maybe he meant the 2003

Maybe he meant the 2003 Florida Court of Appeals ruling that said Fox News had the right to lie during its "news" coverage?

http://ceasespin.org/ceasespin_blog/ceasespin_blogger_files/fox_news_gets_okay_to_misinform_public.html

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Do you have a link on your assertion? 

Shit!

No, I don't.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Maybe he

jcgadfly wrote:

Maybe he meant the 2003 Florida Court of Appeals ruling that said Fox News had the right to lie during its "news" coverage?

http://ceasespin.org/ceasespin_blog/ceasespin_blogger_files/fox_news_gets_okay_to_misinform_public.html

 

I made the assertion that it reached the Supreme Court (SCoTUS), though...

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


rebecca.williamson
atheist
Posts: 459
Joined: 2010-08-09
User is offlineOffline
What does it even matter?

What does it even matter? I'm so sick of hearing people bash him because his ma was Muslim and because of his skin color.. So far he's been a kickass prez in my book.

If all the Christians who have called other Christians " not really a Christian " were to vanish, there'd be no Christians left.


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
rebecca.williamson

rebecca.williamson wrote:

What does it even matter?

 

Exactly Rebecca.... I believe this is all put out there to distract us from the larger Socio/political issues..... Like *who* is going to replace Danielle on Real NJ Housewives?......and Will Snookie ever find true Love?


ubuntuAnyone
Theist
ubuntuAnyone's picture
Posts: 862
Joined: 2009-08-06
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:As my mother

jcgadfly wrote:
As my mother is one that believes Obama is a Muslim, I'm not sure if it is all corporate spin.

Believe me, I've been trying to find nice ways to tell my mom that if she really believes that, she and a sackful of doorknobs have a lot in common.

I think a lot of people in my family think his a Muslim. They are fundies, and someone that is a political liberal certainly can't be a Christian....I mean, that would be apostasy. 

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
ubuntuAnyone wrote:jcgadfly

ubuntuAnyone wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:
As my mother is one that believes Obama is a Muslim, I'm not sure if it is all corporate spin.

Believe me, I've been trying to find nice ways to tell my mom that if she really believes that, she and a sackful of doorknobs have a lot in common.

I think a lot of people in my family think his a Muslim. They are fundies, and someone that is a political liberal certainly can't be a Christian....I mean, that would be apostasy. 

The church I used to attend has some people who don't think he's a Muslim. they're all solid Fox News Christians, though.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13545
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
rebecca.williamson

rebecca.williamson wrote:

What does it even matter? I'm so sick of hearing people bash him because his ma was Muslim and because of his skin color.. So far he's been a kickass prez in my book.

I think he is doing the best he can considering Bush took a huge dump on the country. But I am not happy with everything. We had the Republicans by the balls with health care, but allowed big insurance and big pharma special interest water it down so much I don't know how affective it will be.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


mellestad
Moderator
Posts: 2927
Joined: 2009-08-19
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

rebecca.williamson wrote:

What does it even matter? I'm so sick of hearing people bash him because his ma was Muslim and because of his skin color.. So far he's been a kickass prez in my book.

I think he is doing the best he can considering Bush took a huge dump on the country. But I am not happy with everything. We had the Republicans by the balls with health care, but allowed big insurance and big pharma special interest water it down so much I don't know how affective it will be.

 

Watching his presidency has, for me, been an exercise in good intentions being slowly ground to dust by idiots.  American's really do deserve the government they get.  Ever since he was elected it seems like a great many people have been hell bent on slitting their own throats just for spite, and showing the rest of the world how stupid we, as a people, can be.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Must... refrain... from...

Must... refrain... from... comment!!!

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


PimpingWolfwood
atheist
PimpingWolfwood's picture
Posts: 45
Joined: 2010-08-24
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

rebecca.williamson wrote:

What does it even matter? I'm so sick of hearing people bash him because his ma was Muslim and because of his skin color.. So far he's been a kickass prez in my book.

I think he is doing the best he can considering Bush took a huge dump on the country. But I am not happy with everything. We had the Republicans by the balls with health care, but allowed big insurance and big pharma special interest water it down so much I don't know how affective it will be.

 

Agreed... But we tried to be bipartisan and the GOP took advantage all the way. And now they're in a great position because of these attempts at bipartisanship.

Bridge breeding proves evolution false.


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1474
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
I cannot help but wonder if

I cannot help but wonder if they have taken the retard factor into account. Let me give you a poll.

 

obama is

a. a christian

b. a muslim

c. an atheist

d. a robot sent back through the space time continum to take over the human race.

now what is the bet that the last one gets a reasonable amount of votes if it is anonmous?

 

Quite simply people often vote for something because it is funny, not what they believe is the correct choice, add in the fact that people don't like obama they might simply choose the one that makes him look the worst. Its how mr splashy pants got chosen as the name of a green peace operation etc. read up about that its quite funny. People are retards and often don't vote in situations that don't really matter along what they truely believe. I highly doubt 15% of americans really think obama is a muslim unless I have been over esitamting your country for a long time.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

This is a fairly well known phenomenon. Our minds do not behave the way we think they do. They are evolved for simple survival before all else. That means we have many mechanisms for accepting a thing as true. One of them is to accept what is commonly repeated as fact. However it extends to repeated connections also.

It works fine when everyone says, "Don't pet the lions." It works when all mentions of people and lions in the same breath imply danger. Lions and danger are quickly associated.

If the most commonly heard statements are to the effect Obama is a Muslim or if the most commonly heard statements are with Obama and Muslim in the same breath even if it is a denial is taken as fact.

In a news report about the subject there will be several mentions of his name and muslim but likely only one usage of Christian. A lead-in describing the misapprehension with muslim and Hussein said several times with only one statement that he is a Christian.

There is another aspect to it. The more aggressive the "correction" the more likley a person is to hold more strongly to the misconception. The attempt at correction appears to emphasize the ratio of many incorrect to one correction.

It is the same problem with dislodging religious beliefs.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
Well, I think that we should

Well, I think that we should all remember that it was a choice between a moslem and a nose picker.  I think we got the better of the two.

 

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


KPO89
Theist
Posts: 32
Joined: 2010-09-07
User is offlineOffline
Muslim Prezzz

I believe that with the attacks on Sep. 11th getting so much anti-muslim flack from the media, the general public are skiddish of anything Islamic. It is simple herd instinct. The media controls the uneducated mind. The hijackers were no more Muslim than the crusaders Christian.


mellestad
Moderator
Posts: 2927
Joined: 2009-08-19
User is offlineOffline
KPO89 wrote:I believe that

KPO89 wrote:

I believe that with the attacks on Sep. 11th getting so much anti-muslim flack from the media, the general public are skiddish of anything Islamic. It is simple herd instinct. The media controls the uneducated mind. The hijackers were no more Muslim than the crusaders Christian.

I'm stumped, how were the hijackers not Muslim, and how were the Crusaders not Christian?

 

Have you ever heard of http://atheism.about.com/od/logicalfallacies/a/notruescotsman.htm ?

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
..

KPO89 wrote:

I believe that with the attacks on Sep. 11th getting so much anti-muslim flack from the media, the general public are skiddish of anything Islamic. It is simple herd instinct. The media controls the uneducated mind. The hijackers were no more Muslim than the crusaders Christian.

If you should look into it you will find the claim of being religions of peace are frauds for both. It lets the members of one side claim to be the victims of the other.

Fact is religion has almost no effect upon behavior. The basics of religion are identical to the behavior required for social animals. One does not kill because it makes it dangerous to have such a person within a community. 

 

 

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml