What do Christians Believe in?

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
What do Christians Believe in?

What do christians actually believe in? Time and again our friend Meaning of Life insists he believes in god but says god cannot be known.

What I wonder is whether it's possible to believe in something that you cannot conceptualize?

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

100percentAtheist
atheist
100percentAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

What do christians actually believe in? Time and again our friend Meaning of Life insists he believes in god but says god cannot be known.

What I wonder is whether it's possible to believe in something that you cannot conceptualize?

One Christian who I know believes that if a big meteor will come to hit the Earth head on, then most of atheists will start to pray.  ... I laughed for a few minutes.

So, my feeling is that Christians believe in all different b.s. that they call Christ, God or their derivatives no matter what is b.s.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Furthermore

I think christians do conceptualize god as something he is not in order to relate to him in their actual lives. This suggests to me that christians believe in something that cannot be their definition of god.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck