Hello Fellow Humans

cvd316
cvd316's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello Fellow Humans

Hello fellow humans. I am new to the Rational Response Squad. My name is Christopher. I am a high school math teacher in Ohio in America, where in reason, not god, we trust. I was a long non-practicing christian and then actually started reading all of the bible, opening my mind, acquiring as much knowledge as possible, and before I or my wife knew it, BLAM! I was an atheist. I don't really like labels, but if you needed to label me according to how I believe the universe works, then go ahead.  By the way my young blog is http://logicandreason-dibattista.blogspot.com/.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nice to meet you.  I'm a

Nice to meet you.  I'm a currently unemployed IT system administrator, a grandma, and living in Portland, OR.  Have fun.

Did you see today's political cartoon by Pat Oliphant?  It's a little close to my home.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Beyond Saving
Silver Member
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
cvd316 wrote:Hello fellow

cvd316 wrote:

Hello fellow humans. I am new to the Rational Response Squad. My name is Christopher. I am a high school math teacher in Ohio in America, where in reason, not god, we trust. I was a long non-practicing christian and then actually started reading all of the bible, opening my mind, acquiring as much knowledge as possible, and before I or my wife knew it, BLAM! I was an atheist. I don't really like labels, but if you needed to label me according to how I believe the universe works, then go ahead.  By the way my young blog is http://logicandreason-dibattista.blogspot.com/.

Welcome to the forum. I'm from Ohio most of the time (travel a bit for work). Great to hear we have at least one rational teacher in the state. 

It was morality that burned the books of the ancient sages, and morality that halted the free inquiry of the Golden Age and substituted for it the credulous imbecility of the Age of Faith. It was a fixed moral code and a fixed theology which robbed the human race of a thousand years by wasting them upon alchemy, heretic-burning, witchcraft and sacerdotalism.-H.L. Mencken