Theist here

Meaning_Of_Life
TheistTroll
Meaning_Of_Life's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theist here

Hello.

I'm 28 years old and I love Christian apologetics, natural theology, and philosophy of religion.  I'm also trying to teach myself physics. 

I have a bachelors degree in philosophy, but I received in 2005.  My profession has very little to do with my degree, but I still study this stuff on my own. 

I'm a huge fan of classic rock (Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Bruce Springsteen, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC). 

Banned for personal attacks. The explanation is here.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

Now jump right in, I'm not into philosophy myself but others on site do. btw you do know of course that jesus was a fictional charactor. Made up of several legions and itinerate preachers.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Meaning_Of_Life wrote:I'm a

Meaning_Of_Life wrote:

I'm a huge fan of classic rock (Pink Floyd, Van Halen, Bruce Springsteen, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC). 

Why don't you believe they are worldly and evil?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Meaning_Of_Life

Meaning_Of_Life wrote:
Hello.

Hi ! Welcome !

Meaning_Of_Life wrote:
I'm 28 years old

Yikes, you're old.

Meaning_Of_Life wrote:
and I love Christian apologetics, natural theology, and philosophy of religion.

You can check those at the door. Not much use here. Kind of like bringing an imaginary set of steak-knives to a gunfight.

Meaning_Of_Life wrote:
I have a bachelors degree in philosophy, but I received in 2005.  My profession has very little to do with my degree,

I hear that happens a lot to people with philosophy degrees. My brother just got one as well, and he's had to take a job at Pizza Hut. He's quite depressed about it.

Anyway, have fun here !

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

Meaning_Of_Life wrote:
I'm 28 years old

Yikes, you're old.

Nah, I'm old, I'm 59.  He's young, you are a baby.

Anonymouse wrote:

Meaning_Of_Life wrote:
and I love Christian apologetics, natural theology, and philosophy of religion.

You can check those at the door. Not much use here. Kind of like bringing an imaginary set of steak-knives to a gunfight.

Meaning_Of_Life wrote:
I have a bachelors degree in philosophy, but I received in 2005.  My profession has very little to do with my degree,

I hear that happens a lot to people with philosophy degrees. My brother just got one as well, and he's had to take a job at Pizza Hut. He's quite depressed about it.

Anyway, have fun here !

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Higgins
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum. I also

Welcome to the forum. I also just got my B.A. in Philosophy as well. I am a student mostly of the existentialists, predominantly the atheist side but I do also enjoy reading Kierkegaard, Buber, and Tillich. But you are more than welcome to offer your ideas here.

"Lycurgus, Numa, Moses, Jesus Christ, Mohammed, all these great rogues, all these great thought-tyrants, knew how to associate the divinities they fabricated with their own boundless ambition."

-Marquis de Sade

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Meaning_Of_Life

Meaning_Of_Life wrote:

Hello.

I'm 28 years old and I love Christian apologetics, natural theology, and philosophy of religion.  I'm also trying to teach myself physics. 

I have a bachelors degree in philosophy, but I received in 2005.  My profession has very little to do with my degree, but I still study this stuff on my own. 

Well, your taste in music redeems you somewhat. Now instead of burning you at the stake, I'll have to do something more human, like lethal injection. Besides, my good friend Hannibal Lector gave me a recipe for human liver and you cant burn the heck out of that and expect it to taste good.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
Meaning_Of_Life

Meaning_Of_Life wrote:

Hello.

What on Earth do you want to study physics and all that other stuff for, when the answers are all in God's Word, the KJV1611?

How can you stand all that perverse, atheistic noise? Don't you worry that Jesus will damn you for endorsing Satanism? All of those bands hate Jesus. Do you hate Jesus too?

Give up all that sinful nonsense and let Jesus back into your heart.

Have you been baptised? God wants you to be baptised.  

Mark 16:16 (King James Version) 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.

Meaning_Of_Life
TheistTroll
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

Meaning_Of_Life wrote:

Hello.

What on Earth do you want to study physics and all that other stuff for, when the answers are all in God's Word, the KJV1611?

How can you stand all that perverse, atheistic noise? Don't you worry that Jesus will damn you for endorsing Satanism? All of those bands hate Jesus. Do you hate Jesus too?

Mark 16:16 (King James Version) 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Did you graduate from elementary school?

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Meaning_Of_Life wrote:Billy

Meaning_Of_Life wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

Meaning_Of_Life wrote:

Hello.

No. My parents love me and care about the destiny of my immortal soul, so they taught me straight out of the KJV1611. If your parents cared about you they would have homeschooled you as well, and kept you as far away as possible from secular institutions where they teach lies and hate the Lord.

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.

Meaning_Of_Life
TheistTroll
User is offlineOffline
Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:No.

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

No. My parents love me and care about the destiny of my immortal soul, so they taught me straight out of the KJV1611. If your parents cared about you they would have homeschooled you as well, and kept you as far away as possible from secular institutions where they teach lies and hate the Lord.

To clarify, I recognize that this discussion board does have some intelligent posters and I've spoken with a few of them in the thread re: the ontological argument. 

Unfortunately, for every Quentin Smith, there's someone rude, uneducated, and closed minded like Billy Bob Jenkins. 

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
User is offlineOffline

Meaning_Of_Life wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

To clarify, I recognize that this discussion board does have some intelligent posters and I've spoken with a few of them in the thread re: the ontological argument. 

Unfortunately, for every Quentin Smith, there's someone rude, uneducated, and closed minded like Billy Bob Jenkins. 

Why do you hate Christians? Don't you want to go to Heaven with me?

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline

Meaning_Of_Life wrote:

Billy Bob Jenkins wrote:

Meaning_Of_Life wrote:

Hello.

I did lol at that 

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

kakucis
kakucis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hy old one! I am new here

Hy old one! Smiling

I am new here as well but I am way younger than you! Laughing out loud

I am just joking, it is good to know some experienced persons here as well!

Check out my best acne products and provillus website!

bes1966
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:You can

Anonymouse wrote:

...bringing an imaginary knife to a gun-fight.  I like that; may I use it?

My head is neither in the clouds, nor in the sand. I hold it high and make good use of it to sense, wonder about, consider, treasure, and attempt to understand my reality.