Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
?

sinewaav... wrote:
theism: ?
                                      Dost thouist havith a questionith?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Whatthedeuce
atheist
Whatthedeuce's picture
User is offlineOffline
sinewaav... wrote:theism: ?

sinewaav... wrote:
theism: ?

sinewaav...
sinewaav...'s picture
User is offlineOffline

!

so i see that information personified is theism..

!!

its all true .. every last word.

information is purity. we all live inside of chi. (living energy.

this is all i believe in ..

thank you all ---_-)

oh .. and i believe in all living things.

Smiling

~j10

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am sure there is a point

I am sure there is a point trying to be made here... 

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think perhaps Sinwaav

is a pantheist who believes energy is a higher power. I guess atheists would agree energy is a core power. Perhaps he's from a planet far, far way. I'm waiting for a hologram to burst out of my screen and a little female figure to appear, reaching toward me pleadingly and saying: "Help me Atheist Extremist, you're my only hope..."

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
sinewaav... wrote:! .. so i

sinewaav... wrote:
! .. so i see that information personified is theism.. !! its all true .. every last word. information is purity. we all live inside of chi. (living energy. this is all i believe in .. thank you all ---_-) oh .. and i believe in all living things. Smiling
Who does your hair? Nickelback?

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Irrational PreceptsBeliefs

Irrational Precepts
Beliefs that are so irrational they need to be eradicated off the Earth. If it has anything to do with an IRRATIONAL PRECEPT please put it in here.

Topic: theism

If you think this is so... you are being bigots... It's one step away from concentration camps. If there are beliefs that should be banned, are satanic cults, racist and xenophobic ones... they are... unethical (morals again... I must have a fixation)

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
What is a satanic cult, Teralek?

Aren't they just worshipping satan same as everyone else worships some one or do they really sacrifice people? I never understood waht was so different about satanists.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Aren't they just worshipping satan same as everyone else worships some one or do they really sacrifice people? I never understood waht was so different about satanists.

Example:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3424301.stm

I am against any belief that commits crimes against humanity.

Kavis
atheist
Kavis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Do you really stand by that

Do you really stand by that statement?  By body count, you really think the hypothetical devil-worshippers are worse than Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, et cetera?

Religion is a virus.
Fight the infection.

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
No. Historically all those

No. Historically all those faiths were and some still are mass murderers. "Body count" cannot even be compared... Fortunately, at least, the catholic church is not that anymore. The Vatican is no more a murderer that Lehman brothers. 

If radical Islam continues it's extreme radicalism by intolerant killing it should be banned. Not it's moderate supporters but the radicals with no respect for freedom of expression and life. 

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Catholic Church has on

The Catholic Church has on its hands the deaths of those who died from AIDS related diseases, whenever it was due to someone who did not use a condom when having sex because of Vatican pronouncements. This includes their wives, partners and children who got the infection passed on from them, and had not indulged in any 'illicit' sex.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
 You have a point, however,

You have a point, however, what the Vatican says is not compulsory. If I say you have to jump of a bridge to be happy you don't have to do it.

I know that there's a big difference between me and the Vatican. The Vatican should abstain of messing with people private lives and just say: "This is our opinion, you do as you see fit." They already do this in some sense, but it's still behind some hypocrisy I admit... aside from this many corporations pollute the environment and cause people cancer, one could argue, in a sense, it's the same as the Vatican. Vatican pollutes minds and corporations pollutes air.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Teralek wrote: You have a

Teralek wrote:

You have a point, however, what the Vatican says is not compulsory. If I say you have to jump of a bridge to be happy you don't have to do it.

Not a good analogy. They have actually said something closer to "if you want to jump of that bridge, don't wear a parachute, because we believe it is wrong and may even increase your chances of dying."

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's their opinion.

That's their opinion. Opinions are like hats. I don't agree with the Vatican and they should say it's merely their opinion. Not threaten people as they do since they consider themselves a moral institution. Look, I don't defend the Vatican but I wont go as far as "ban theism"