sinewaav...
sinewaav...'s picture
User is offlineOffline
creation science is ..

creation is scientific. this is everything

creation is why we live.

science is how we explain this

these should always be used together ~

..how do you feel about creation, and science?

..do you, and does it feel rational?

i want everyone to feel that way...

~

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
creationism is magic

And last time I checked, only kooks, children and insane people believe in magic. So which are you?

Oh, and if you think science backs up your illogical story of birth without copulation and zombie deities, you need to stop reading "Dr." (forever in quotes) Kent Hovind and Ken Ham for their "science".

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
If this is your position, Sinewaav

sinewaav... wrote:
creation is scientific. this is everything creation is why we live. science is how we explain this these should always be used together ~ ..how do you feel about creation, and science? ..do you, and does it feel rational? i want everyone to feel that way... ~

You should know that ultimately your 2 belief systems are going to come into conflict. Now, if I was a rational christian, I would want science to reflect god. I would need that to be so. Trouble is, science does not indicate a god that reflects any of the anthropomorphic versions human history has thrown up. I think i can fairly say, that most the science loving folks here - which is pretty much everyone - would be obligated to alter their position if scientific evidence suggested a knowable first cause that could be defined as a deity of any sort. How science would reveal a god who is generally described by the godly as being beyond human comprehension, I'm not sure.

In any case, Sinewaav, yours is a more interesting position that the usual bible thumping horsescrap we are exposed to and the involvement of a science-oriented believer would be a curious and interesting thing. The only other science nut who keeps a foot in the theistic door is Eloise and I'm not sure she counts as a theist in the way most people understand it.

What I am interested to know is where you stand on some key clashes such as evolution, the fossil record, the age of the earth, the maintenance of a floating position on 'facts' that allows a shift in the face of new evidence, regardless of how it challenges the dogma of a religion that as a science buff, you must be interpreting in your own way. It seems like you might ascribe abiogenesis and perhaps a concept of soul to god and much of the rest to natural processes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway, welcome to the site. There are plenty of people here who be interested to hear more about your statement that 'science and creation should always be used together'.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline
sinewaav... wrote:creation

sinewaav... wrote:
creation science is..

Oh! Oh! I know this one!

Uhm . . . An oxymoron! No, no, wait. A self-contradictory epistemology! Hold on, I'll get it, I really do know this. It's a political tool used to force religion into science class! Listen, I really do know this. Drat. It's an excuse for people who don't understand science to call themselves scientists! It's a method of declaring actual science, which happens to disagree with most religious assertions, completely incorrect!

It's a chocolaty-coated ramchip! A dessert topping! A refreshing breakfast treat! An injector-cleaning fuel additive!

Oh, fiddlesticks. I guess I don't know what creation science is. I guess it could be all of the above.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
@op

Any time you say, "and then a miracle occurred", it ain't science.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline

sinewaav... wrote:
creation is scientific. this is everything

Would you please expand on that idea.  What exactly do you mean by creation?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold

nigelTheBold wrote:

sinewaav... wrote:
creation science is..

Oh! Oh! I know this one!

Uhm . . . An oxymoron! No, no, wait. A self-contradictory epistemology! Hold on, I'll get it, I really do know this. It's a political tool used to force religion into science class! Listen, I really do know this. Drat. It's an excuse for people who don't understand science to call themselves scientists! It's a method of declaring actual science, which happens to disagree with most religious assertions, completely incorrect!

It's a chocolaty-coated ramchip! A dessert topping! A refreshing breakfast treat! An injector-cleaning fuel additive!

Oh, fiddlesticks. I guess I don't know what creation science is. I guess it could be all of the above.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Billy Bob Jenkins
Theist
Billy Bob Jenkins's picture
User is offlineOffline

sinewaav... wrote:
creation is scientific. this is everything creation is why we live. science is how we explain this these should always be used together ~ ..how do you feel about creation, and science? ..do you, and does it feel rational? i want everyone to feel that way... ~
Amen! Livin' for God is what life's all about. If you don't believe in creation, then where'd all this stuff come from then? It's good to see that someone on here knows the truth. I just hope you're not one of those Christian moderates who cherry picks which parts of the Bible to believe and which parts not to. That sort of thing will land you straight in Hell! You might as well worship monkeys like charles darwin if you're going to do that.

The Truest Christian these atheists will ever meet. I worship the only Lord at the Church with the Truest Christians: Landover Baptist.

Whatthedeuce
atheist
Whatthedeuce's picture
User is offlineOffline
The scientific method was

The scientific method was not used to determine the information stated in Creation Science. This means that by definition, Creation Science is not science.

sinewaav wrote:
creation is scientific.

In order to be scientific, it has to utilize the scientific method. Creationism does not do this; so it is not scientific.

I don't understand why the Christians I meet find it so confusing that I care about the fact that they are wasting huge amounts of time and resources playing with their imaginary friend. Even non-confrontational religion hurts atheists because we live in a society which is constantly wasting resources and rejecting rational thinking.

sinewaav...
sinewaav...'s picture
User is offlineOffline
thank you

creation science:

(creationism) .. was never mentioned...

until:

else

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Haiku is fun

But you generally get some fundamental sense of meaning.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't think it was science

I don't think it was science 2000 years ago and it's not science today.

Nature has granted us a superstitious streak in order to help overcome our foreknowledge of death. I personally would contend it is an inherant trait passed down by our ancestors fear of death. The bible was written by men in the grip of fear and ignorance, it is not science but science can explain why it was written in the first place. Cool huh.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Agree

And I also wonder about the nature of the sacrifices that had to be bought to the temple for 'god'. Lamb, beef, grain, olive oil, fresh fruit, dates, bread. All being 'without blemish'.

This, my friends, is a shopping list. It gives me a deep satisfaction to consider that jesus himself is the glorification of a lamb kebab dreamed up one hungry winter day by a priest who's

squeaking stomach rode roughshod over the top of his mystical persuasions. The 'ultimate sacrifice' was no more than some one's lunch.

It's a possible truth that shouts to me of the humanity of religion, coloured, just as we would expect it to be, by the basic need for food and shelter.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

sinewaav...
sinewaav...'s picture
User is offlineOffline
thank you

creative people are science personified .. you are definately 01.

living with the understanding that energy (chi) .. is all we need to learn to live with.

balance is underrated .. freedom from self-slavery is better

so i believe...

theism .... the 'ism, .. why ism anything pure?

purity is:

?

~j10

Whatthedeuce
atheist
Whatthedeuce's picture
User is offlineOffline
sinewaav...

sinewaav... wrote:

yes it was. You said the words Creation Science, and Creation Science is a subset of Creationism.

I don't understand why the Christians I meet find it so confusing that I care about the fact that they are wasting huge amounts of time and resources playing with their imaginary friend. Even non-confrontational religion hurts atheists because we live in a society which is constantly wasting resources and rejecting rational thinking.

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Creation science is...

Creation science is... bollocks.

sinewaav...
sinewaav...'s picture
User is offlineOffline
creative :)

Whatthedeuce wrote:

sinewaav... wrote:

yes it was. You said the words Creation Science, and Creation Science is a subset of Creationism.

i was trying to define creation" and science' individually and deem creations as scientific.

isms' frighten me.

~j10

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
The word 'creation' has an

The word 'creation' has an implication of a purposive 'creator', which is not scientific.

You may be choosing to say that the physical emergence of our universe from whatever preceded it, if anything, could be (poetically) described as a 'creation' event, I guess. But such usage can be misleading or confusing.

"Chi' has nor real evidence to support it as a scientifically meaningful concept.

Just some comments.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology