God's Oil Spill

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
God's Oil Spill

When I read this ,I thought to myself,REALLY ? Anyway this is the short paragraph -Texas Governor Rick Perry said at a Chamber of Commerce meeting that the BP oil spill may have been God's handiwork,reports Politico."From time to time,there are going to be things that occur that are acts of God that cannot be prevented,"Perry said."I hope we don't see a knee-jerk reaction across this country that says we're going to shut down drilling in the Gulf of Mexico because the cost to this country will be staggering."

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow.... That is some serious

Wow.... That is some serious douchebaggery right there...

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
LIKE B.S. BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken G. wrote:

When I read this ,I thought to myself,REALLY ? Anyway this is the short paragraph -Texas Governor Rick Perry said at a Chamber of Commerce meeting that the BP oil spill may have been God's handiwork,reports Politico."From time to time,there are going to be things that occur that are acts of God that cannot be prevented,"Perry said."I hope we don't see a knee-jerk reaction across this country that says we're going to shut down drilling in the Gulf of Mexico because the cost to this country will be staggering."

MAYBE!!!!!!!!!!  I can buy into hurricanes, tornados and earthquakes has an "act of god" but sure has hell not engineers building an oil-platform in the Gulf of Mexico.  No way!!!!!! No how!!!!!!!  The current disaster WAS and IS man-made.   B P  is ducking liability.  They screwed-up and they will pay $$$ for it.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Then God should be arrested

Then God should be arrested for cruelty to animals. I just saw a clip on the news of a while breaching the oil slicked surface of the ocean.

God can get his jollies all he wants torturing humans, or allowing us to torture each other. BUT what the fuck would a whale deserve?

This is the fucked up logic of theism.

Here is what happened you dip shits. Humans are out to get resources. Without the balance of oversight, big business will try to get away with doing things as cheaply as possible. Because of this zeitgeist back up safety procedures were not thoroughly implemented or even thought of as part of the plan when that rig was first built.

There is no God watching, or allowing this. There is no cosmic battle between invisible super heros vs super villians. God is not punishing humans or testing humans because he doesn't exist. This happened because of human error in a corporate climate that cares about only making money.

That whale is suffering because of HUMANS, not some choice a fictional being made.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Same shit when the tsunami hit

and indonesian islamic mullahs told the people it was all because they had sinned. The great ad hom against our species lives on.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ken G. wrote:   When I

Ken G. wrote:

LOL. God blows up oil rigs? God, you terrorist! What about spending billion of dollars on war against God? After all, he has a beard and weapons of mass destruction (hurricane, tsunami) just like Saddam Hussein, another reason to drive him out.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Most of the theists at the

Most of the theists at the right-of-wing politics forum I post at came to the conclusion that an act-of-god oil spill was comparable to a dog breaking an inkjet cartridge and spilling ink across a carpeted floor.

Logically, an oil spill would not be the most... "wrathful" act a (purely) hypothetical omnipotent being would be capable of unleashing against human civilization.

And of course, any theist familiar with the entire OT would likely agree with the right-wingers I post with elsewhere on the internet.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)