I'm no good at intros, but...

Sirrah
User is offlineOffline
I'm no good at intros, but...

Hello, all. I'm here, I guess. Stumbled across this site today and it looks like a decent place for discussion, so I'll probably hang around for a while, at least. I'm not what you'd call an activist atheist, but I like a good debate. So. Hi.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey! Welcome to the site!

Welcome to the site! If you enjoy good conversations AND the occasional bat shit crazy religious nuts, you'll probably like your time here.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Sirrah wrote:I'm no good at intro's,but...

Let me start off with a big, Welcome to the Machine ! Enjoy  

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Try not to mention

Try not to mention psychiatric problems; the others will stigmatize you for it if they disagree with what you say.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Sirrah! Take your

Welcome Sirrah! Take your shoes off and get comfortable ~ stay awhile  Smiling

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello Sirrah

Welcome to the forums;  post early and often.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, welcome, and feel free

Hey, welcome, and feel free to participate in any interesting debate/discussion.

Or start up a thread yourself on something that is bugging or fascinating you.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare