Steve Irwin's baby gate has nothing on these nut cases.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Steve Irwin's baby gate has nothing on these nut cases.

At least when he pulled his stupid stunt, dangling the baby in the alligator pen, he was a trained professional, and the camera always makes things look closer and bigger than they actually are.

OK, having said that, certainly Steve was stupid and admitted it. But what if your religion tells you to dangle your baby DIRECTLY over the mouth of an alligator FOR LUCK?

Thats right folks, I just saw this on CNN, no link, just watched it on TV. I believe it was out of India. These idiots to right up to the river's edge and dangle their babies over the open mouths of alligators because it is believed to bring the family luck.

What fucking pissed me off is that the black anchor was like "they would get arrested here in the states, but whatever floats their boats"(not literally what he said but conveys his meaning). Hey why not let a 2 year old smoke cigs while we are at it too?

If this is not evidence of the capability of humans allowing credulity and superstition leading them to do stupid things, I don't know what is. Why the fuck should a belief like this deserve any respect?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Social Darwinism in action

Social Darwinism in action

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
So India has three times the

So India has three times the population of the US. The US has three times the land area.

If there is any concern here, it should be why they have not heard about the much greater luck that will befall them if men put their dangly parts in the mouth of a crocodile.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually the story was out

Actually the story was out of Pakistan.  Sorry for the miss information. But still. If you are going to blast Steve Irwin for his stupidity, then why should being a Hindu get any more of a pass?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Mr. XC
High Level DonorSpecial AgentWebsite AdminPlatinum Member
User is offlineOffline
Two-year-old with a 40-a-day smoking habit

Brian37 wrote:
What fucking pissed me off is that the black anchor was like "they would get arrested here in the states, but whatever floats their boats"(not literally what he said but conveys his meaning). Hey why not let a 2 year old smoke cigs while we are at it too?

I am going to guess that this is your 2-year old reference:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1281538/Smoking-year-old-Ardi-Rizal-40-cigarettes-day.html

http://www.3news.co.nz/Two-year-old-has-a-40-a-day-smoking-habit/tabid/313/articleID/157730/Default.aspx

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. ..." -- Thomas Jefferson

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Actually the

Brian37 wrote:

Actually the story was out of Pakistan.  Sorry for the miss information. But still. If you are going to blast Steve Irwin for his stupidity, then why should being a Hindu get any more of a pass?

I didn't blast Irwin at all.

Hindus get a pass for being... swarm-ish.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

So India has three times the population of the US. The US has three times the land area.

If there is any concern here, it should be why they have not heard about the much greater luck that will befall them if men put their dangly parts in the mouth of a crocodile.

Answers, do you know how boring it is when you agree with everything I think? Shit man... I'm getting drowsy typing this.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Love this  Smiling

I wonder when this tradition began ~ not that it matters as it is completely effed up.

Brian did they say if this was a specific religious tradition or a 'indian' tradition?

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:

Love this  Smiling

I wonder when this tradition began ~ not that it matters as it is completely effed up.

Brian did they say if this was a specific religious tradition or a 'indian' tradition?

I made a mistake in saying it was India. It was a story out of Pakistan, and the tradition is Hindu. I am sure there are dip shits in India who do it as well.