The other oil catastrophe

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
The other oil catastrophe

Man o man is this a nightmare.  www.brasschecktv.com/page/863.html ,Tearing up the forest.

adams.v
atheist
adams.v's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow that is horribe... It

Wow that is horribe... It makes me wonder how much longer we will be able to survive on this planet, because at the rate we are destroying it, its not much.

This also makes me think of another unheard of catastrophe I read about. It took place in the Niger Delta in Nigeria, were they do tons and tons of off-shore drilling for oil and it is terribly un-regulated. The numbers came around to being something of the equivalent of 1 Exxon Valdez wreck every year for like the past decade, it was horrible. Basically everything there was contaminated. I don't have the link at the moment, but if I find I'll post it if anyone is interested.

Science flies people to the moon, Religion flies people into buildings.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Looks similar to strip

Looks similar to strip mining.  See Arizona copper mines.  Mountain top coal mining in Kentucky.  One of my ecology professors said we would die in our own waste and go extinct one of these days.  And then the ecology will repair itself - eventually.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
adams.v wrote: It makes me wonder.Niger Delta in Nigeria

Yes,I've been watching "Democracy Now"the war and Peace report .And they have been doing a great job,reporting from the Niger Delta,they had Ken Saro-Wiwa's son on,a private army that work for Shell Oil hung his father from a Shell sign.It's just so crazy,all of this destruction.Here's a link to the show -- www.democracynow.org/2009/5/21/nigeria   ,and here's the link about Ken Saro-Wiwa and shell   www.democracynow.org/2009/5/26/shell_on_trial_landmark_trial_set

Signature ? How ?

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bloody awful, isn't it?

And yet tonight, like most of us, I will drive home from work in my car.