Not sure...

Inver Stone
Inver Stone's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not sure...

Not sure if this belongs in the "news and activism" section, but this is a blog that I have been reading for some time.  The blogger is extremely entertaining and is doing his best to combat the whole intelligent design = creationism = the magic man did it versus evolution debate that is becoming increasingly common in the U.S.  The site is here: http://darwin-killed-god.blogspot.com/  I have nothing to do with the site - just a fan.

I became really interested in this ceationism insanity when it started happeniing here in Canada... for example: http://www.canadianchristianity.com/cgi-bin/na.cgi?nationalupdates/060413id

Anyways, not sure if this was the place to post this (I am new to the site) but the blog is entertaining and I thought some rational responders might enjoy it.

Inver

Time and I against any other two. - Beltazar Gracian
Beware the fury of a patient man. - John Dryden
It requires ages to destroy a popular opinion. - Voltaire
There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world: and that is an idea whose time has come. - V. Hugo
When in doubt, squat and run hills. - Jim Wendler

Inver Stone
Inver Stone's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just to clarify

Another member made a comment that the Darwin Killed God site I listed is written by a bit of an extremist and could be considered offensive.

I certainly don't want to promote extremist atheistic views, but I took the blog site to be the humorous satirical rants of a frustrated atheist who is tired of having religion forcing it's pseudo science onto our culture.  I took most of it as tongue in cheek with some interesting science thrown in the mix.  I apologize if it wasn't appropriate to post here.

Inver

There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world: and that is an idea whose time has come. - V. Hugo

Abu_Lahab
User is offlineOffline

Hey Inver,

Nothing too radical there as far as I was concerned.

Welcome to the RR forum.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Abu_Lahab wrote:Hey

Abu_Lahab wrote:

Hey Inver, 

Nothing too radical there as far as I was concerned.

Welcome to the RR forum.

I too have no real problem with that site, the profanity is at a level I am comfortable with, in view of the stupidity he is pointing out.

Welcome Inver.

Some people, even Atheists, are more sensitive than others to such language, so don't worry too much about that.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Inver Stone wrote:Another

Inver Stone wrote:

Another member made a comment that the Darwin Killed God site I listed is written by a bit of an extremist and could be considered offensive.

I certainly don't want to promote extremist atheistic views, but I took the blog site to be the humorous satirical rants of a frustrated atheist who is tired of having religion forcing it's pseudo science onto our culture.  I took most of it as tongue in cheek with some interesting science thrown in the mix.  I apologize if it wasn't appropriate to post here.

Inver

DAMN, this is where I part company with my atheist AND believing friends who think the only solution is political correctness. A glass jaw is the formula for fascism. And fascism is not atheist. It is the idea that any challenge to your claim should be squashed.

Simply saying "YOU ARE FULL OF SHIT" is not extremist.

On the other hand when any atheist or Jew or Muslim or Christian SHOUTS, " DON'T PICK ON ME" and then when others don't comply, they threaten violence, that to me is extreme.

The suggestion that the earth was a globe, and rotated around the sun, once pissed of a sensitive majority who thought it was flat. I am damned happy someone decided to piss them off. Our species is better off knowing the truth now.

I will not apologize for saying that the claim that brains with no brains with no location that have super powers and reside everywhere and nowhere at the same time and care about us, WHEN ANYONE CLAIMS THAT THEY ARE FULL OF SHIT!

THAT does not mean I want to kill them. It does not mean I want to take away their right to claim such an absurdity. It does not mean if they were in need of aid I wouldn't help them. It merely means they are full of shit.

Quote:
I certainly don't want to promote extremist atheistic views

Then when someone falsely equates you to Hitler, don't demand a law saying they cant spew such absurdities. Simply tell them they got it wrong and explain to them why they are dip shits.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Inver Stone
Inver Stone's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks gang

I addressed this in another thread, but thanks guys.  I am coming to realize (in my atheism infancy) that there seems to be a lot of variation among atheist viewpoints as well.  Some prefer the soft approach, and some are just real tired of that it seems.  I think it depends on who you are dealing with - a discussion with an arrogant, belligerent believer as opposed to a science minded individual who throws out rationality for that little bit of his/her brain when it comes to religion...I have had both kinds of interactions.

I just thought this site was hilarious, especially the writers unabashedly vigorous writing style - every time he calls someone a "god soaked idiot" I get a good chuckle, regardless of whether I agree it should have been said.  If you read a lot of his (I assume he) posts you will soon see that he cares passionately about the encroachment of creationism into the public forum.  You can't fault him for fighting that war.

Anyways, I hope some members enjoy the link.

Cheers fellas.

Inver