I found a really funny site of answers to common theist "arguments" against atheism.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
I found a really funny site of answers to common theist "arguments" against atheism.

This would go under the comedy heading.

http://www.iamanatheist.com/arguments.html

If any of you haven't seen this, I just stumbled onto it and got some good laughs out of the deal. My favorite of the list are the following:

Without God there is no morality.

"Are we talking about the God that ordered Moses to kill babies and asked people to set animals on fire because he liked the smell?"

There were eye witnesses that Jesus worked miracles.

"There are eye witnesses that Bigfoot exists, Uri Geller works miracles, and aliens abduct people."

God wants you to believe in him without rational proof.

"Then he's certainly doing a fine job of not tempting me with evidence."

Hitler was an atheist.

"I don't know about Hitler's religion, but I do know that he was heterosexual, so can I assume you're against that, too?"

The founding fathers intended the United States to be a Christian nation. Atheists aren't welcome.

"Are you sticking with the whole 'slavery' thing, too?"

That's not all of them, the list only takes a minute or two to read, and many of you will get a good laugh at them for sure. Probably get  a little angry too, remembering all those who people who have used some of these arguments like they were serious attacks on atheism in general or somehow proof for a cosmic deity! My favorite one is the Hitler one. Next time someone tries to give me the "Hitler was an atheist" bit, I'm totally going to lay that one down. I'm wondering what kind of a reaction I'll get...

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
User is offlineOffline
The universe is so complex

The universe is so complex that someone must have designed it.

"I don't know -- that sentence was fairly complex but there was obviously not much thought behind it."

There is so much beauty in the world that only God could have created it.

"My wife's beautiful, and my mother-in-law made her."

My favorites.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
  Atheists believe in

Atheists believe in evolution, but if we teach our children evolution in public school they will believe that they are no better than animals and will grow up immoral.

"I've met public school children. Most of them aren't any better than animals."

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
YAY!

I'm glad at least a couple of other people got a kick out of the site like I did. Now I'm happy that I posted it!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!