Israel FINALLY gets treated the way it deserves to be.

Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10688
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Israel FINALLY gets treated the way it deserves to be.

Americans: Fuck your nukes. No more hypocrisy. (Obama is now officially the greatest US president in US history, bar none).

Greece has withdrawn from joint military exercises with Israel in protest at the attack on the Gaza flotilla. Athens has also barred the head of the Israeli airforce from flying to Greece.

French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner says he is "deeply shocked" by the Israeli action and calls for an inquiry

Turkish foreign ministry warns Israel of irreparable damage to bilateral ties. "This deplorable incident, which took place in open seas and constitutes a fragrant breach of international law, may lead to irreparable consequences in our bilateral relations," a statement read.

Sweden summons the Israeli ambassador to Stockholm over the "unacceptable" action

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13768
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:How is it not

Vastet wrote:
How is it not rational? Taking out the most aggressive, secretive, and hypocritical nation on Earth is very rational.

The instigator  is always the other guy.

Again, you see them as that. But they don't see themselves that way. To call them the "evil" is to place them in a sub human catigory. You cannot tell me that all people of any label by proxy of geographics are all the same. Anymore than all atheists are the same. It is a zeitgeist that causes their policies based upon the fear of being attacked.

No different than if your neighborhood suffers a rash of home robberies, ,many will buy guns to defend themselves. Israel's population is  supporting the iron fist policies, not because they should, but because they don't like being attacked. They see it as much easier to hit back harder than they were hit, to send the message. That is not a conspiracy, it is merely a bad policy that does not take into account the cycle of human suffering it causes on both sides.

There is no conspiracy on either side. There are simply humans reacting to the suffering of those close to them. Bot sides see themselves as the victim and both sides see themselves as the good guy while the other is the bad guy. Once humans get to that point in any conflict in human history, it is very easy to treat the other as a separate species, thus making it easier to kill.

Vaset, the closest I can come to agreeing with you is to say that their policies are not working anymore than suicide bombing and lobbing rockets at Israel is working for Palestine. I refuse to see either side as the victim considering how long this religious gang "tit for tat" mentality has victimized the brains of both sides. Humans are doing this to each other.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
Posts: 562
Joined: 2009-02-22
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:How is it not

Vastet wrote:
How is it not rational? Taking out the most aggressive, secretive, and hypocritical nation on Earth is very rational.

It violates at least three types or layers of rationality:

1) logical: logical conclusion of the principle is "taking out" all nations on Earth, since there will always be "the most x, y and z nation" available, as long as there are any.

2) pragmatical: result is a huge uncertainty in the area and consequently globally. As human pragmatism goes, not many things are considered good that come out of huge uncontrolable happenings, so tossing dice in that manner is highly irrational. In short - you have no idea what happens next and its probably not going to be good.

3) relevance: holding a position that is both logically untenable and pragmatically ludicrous makes your engagement hastily irrelevant in all but the most fringe of debates and activities. It is not rational to minimize one's ability to be taken seriously.

 

 

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10688
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:The

Brian37 wrote:
The instigator  is always the other guy.

Don't think I won't condemn all sides of the middle eastern conflicts equally. The difference here is about 70 years of hypocrisy and bullshit that needs to end.

Brian37 wrote:
~To call them the "evil" is to place them in a sub human catigory.~

You are presenting a straw man. Israel has the power. Cliche it may be, but with power comes responsibility. As things stand, the Palestinians are freedom fighters, trying to protect their people, property, and land from an oppressor who has never relented since they first won. History is repeating itself. RECENT HISTORY. Think what happened after WWI. What was happening to Germany? Germany rose up overnight and practically took the whole world because outsiders forced conditions that were intolerable. It wasn't the only reason for WWII, but it was those circumstances that led so many people to join and collaberate with a reprisal.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10688
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:It violates at

ZuS wrote:
It violates at least three types or layers of rationality:

You are presenting as my argument a false dichotomy based on an offhand comment and ignoring everything I've said on the subject in the past. You fail.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10688
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Vastet

Kapkao wrote:

Vastet wrote:
How is it not rational? Taking out the most aggressive, secretive, and hypocritical nation on Earth is very rational.

Nobody is going to do it........

 

It's the Judeo-Christian holyland. America is going to be Israel's ally for the moment.

 

And Obama, like Dogma Dubya... is struggling with approval ratings (regardless of which polling news network you inquire into.)

Americans don't care for him, all-of-the-sudden!

I actually had missed your suggestion that I'd be for nuking them all in the mess you call a post. > >

Simply said, that is not something I'd advocate at this time.

Jormungander wrote:
You could say the same thing about the Soviets.

And the Americans too.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10688
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
But that's not the point.

But that's not the point. I've mentioned hypocrisy a number of times. Allowing Israel nuclear technology, in fact giving it to them, but denying everyone else in the area is ridiculous.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:But that's not

Vastet wrote:
But that's not the point. I've mentioned hypocrisy a number of times. Allowing Israel nuclear technology, in fact giving it to them, but denying everyone else in the area is ridiculous.

And yet everyone but you fails to see the ridicule...

... save for maybe A_Nony_Mouse.

 

Reality>Ideology

Realism>Idealism

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10688
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Vastet

Kapkao wrote:

Vastet wrote:
But that's not the point. I've mentioned hypocrisy a number of times. Allowing Israel nuclear technology, in fact giving it to them, but denying everyone else in the area is ridiculous.

And yet everyone but you fails to see the ridicule...

... save for maybe A_Nony_Mouse.

 

Reality>Ideology

Realism>Idealism

I'd troll you back but you aren't good enough at it to be a challenge. You just bore me.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
I trolled you? Sure.

I trolled you? Sure.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Cesar Portillo
Posts: 3
Joined: 2010-06-23
User is offlineOffline
Obadouchbagma

Obama? That dude's not even a freaking president dude, he's a douchebag and a joke and a phony.  And you're too worshipping of a man to call yourself an atheist (you must be if you're in this page.) Israel is right, Islamic fascists are wrong.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3442
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Cesar Portillo wrote:Obama?

Cesar Portillo wrote:

Obama? That dude's not even a freaking president dude, he's a douchebag and a joke and a phony.  And you're too worshipping of a man to call yourself an atheist (you must be if you're in this page.) Israel is right, Islamic fascists are wrong.

wow...debate much?

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
*whistle*

iwbiek wrote:

Cesar Portillo wrote:

Obama? That dude's not even a freaking president dude, he's a douchebag and a joke and a phony.  And you're too worshipping of a man to call yourself an atheist (you must be if you're in this page.) Israel is right, Islamic fascists are wrong.

wow...debate much?

I feel compelled to bite my tongue, all of the sudden.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3442
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:iwbiek

Kapkao wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Cesar Portillo wrote:

Obama? That dude's not even a freaking president dude, he's a douchebag and a joke and a phony.  And you're too worshipping of a man to call yourself an atheist (you must be if you're in this page.) Israel is right, Islamic fascists are wrong.

wow...debate much?

I feel compelled to bite my tongue, all of the sudden.

why on earth would you do that?  by all means, let loose.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
I prefer my Iwbiek

I prefer my Iwbiek booze-battered; easier to tease, bully, provoke, 'verbally rape', and generally... inflict pain/anguish upon for my sick amusement.


What I was hinting at, was that you don't appear willing to have the foundations of your philosophy, outlook on life, and general worldview directly challenged/attacked/brutalized.

 

I suppose I keep mine own fluid most of the time for that very reason.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10688
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:I trolled you?

Kapkao wrote:

I trolled you? Sure.

Trolling is the only thing you've done here.

Cesar Portillo wrote:

Obama? That dude's not even a freaking president dude, he's a douchebag and a joke and a phony.  And you're too worshipping of a man to call yourself an atheist (you must be if you're in this page.) Israel is right, Islamic fascists are wrong.

A glorious example of stupidity.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Kapkao wrote:I

Vastet wrote:
Kapkao wrote:

I trolled you? Sure.

Trolling is the only thing you've done here.

And believe me, I kind of wish they would give me credit for it, already. That way I could claim to... well, I'll let everyone figure it out, eventually. 

 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3442
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:I prefer my

Kapkao wrote:

I prefer my Iwbiek booze-battered; easier to tease, bully, provoke, 'verbally rape', and generally... inflict pain/anguish upon for my sick amusement.


What I was hinting at, was that you don't appear willing to have the foundations of your philosophy, outlook on life, and general worldview directly challenged/attacked/brutalized.

 

I suppose I keep mine own fluid most of the time for that very reason.

i figured that's what you were hinting at, and i'm still waiting for a concrete example.

at the moment, i'm debating whether or not hebrew developed organically.  if you really think that constitutes my "philosophy, outlook on life, and general worldview," you're welcome to it.

booze never battered me, btw.  i love booze.  and if you think you can "inflict pain/anguish" on a man after a fifth of rum, you really are delusional.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:i figured

iwbiek wrote:
i figured that's what you were hinting at, and i'm still waiting for a concrete example.

at the moment, i'm debating whether or not hebrew developed organically.  if you really think that constitutes my "philosophy, outlook on life, and general worldview," you're welcome to it.

booze never battered me, btw.  i love booze.  and if you think you can "inflict pain/anguish" on a man after a fifth of rum, you really are delusional.

There he goes again... knowing only what's readily apparent and in front of his nose, while missing the bigger picture.

I've discovered far too many RRS'ers are like that, actually.

But at least there are a good dozen-and-a-half* that have Keirsey's Perception and Intuition characteristics down pat... while still keeping their heads firmly planted in reality.


Back to my original point:

Iwbiek, I've noticed it's pretty easy to 'burn' you when someone challengs/mocks your core values and beliefs (as well as some of your heroes -none the least of which is Trotsky.) It may be alcohol/diminished inhibition-related, I can't verify that on any level -nor do I care all that much. All I know is the ease in which one person can send you into a hissy fit -something that's becoming one of my favorite past times, and... or so it could be argued... doing so excites me in a rather perverse manner. My first thoughts when clicking on the "RRS" bookmark: "time to spank that cute little Iwbiek and listen to him ssqqquueeeaaallll... as I 'pull the wings off of' him!"

In any case, you're quite a bit more emotional and easily provoked as a person than you'll readily admit... I'm not sure why you even bother denying it.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
And I've proven, yet again,

And I've proven, yet again, that I'm sometimes better off not saying anything about my motives. Oh well

 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3442
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Iwbiek, I've

Kapkao wrote:

Iwbiek, I've noticed it's pretty easy to 'burn' you when someone challengs/mocks your core values and beliefs (as well as some of your heroes -none the least of which is Trotsky.)

ho-hum.  still waiting for examples...

btw, no one on this site in my memory has ever "mocked" trotsky, nor have i ever reacted in a "burnt" way to such hypothetical mocking.  fact is, i haven't so much as mentioned trotsky in over a year, except to acknowledge one of kevin's posts where he quotes him, and to address this same tired accusation you keep making.

but the invitation is always open to prove me wrong.  otherwise, you remain a delusional mediocrity who, like all mediocrities, is a legend in his own mind.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Kapkao

iwbiek wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

Iwbiek, I've noticed it's pretty easy to 'burn' you when someone challengs/mocks your core values and beliefs (as well as some of your heroes -none the least of which is Trotsky.)

ho-hum.  still waiting for examples...

btw, no one on this site in my memory has ever "mocked" trotsky, nor have i ever reacted in a "burnt" way to such hypothetical mocking.  fact is, i haven't so much as mentioned trotsky in over a year, except to acknowledge one of kevin's posts where he quotes him, and to address this same tired accusation you keep making.

but the invitation is always open to prove me wrong.  otherwise, you remain a delusional mediocrity who, like all mediocrities, is a legend in his own mind.

I never mocked Trotsky? (ha! Holy creamed shit man!)

Quote:
There he goes again... knowing only what's readily apparent and in front of his nose, while missing the bigger picture.

Re-read it until it makes sense, numbnuts.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3442
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:I never mocked

Kapkao wrote:

I never mocked Trotsky? (ha! Holy creamed shit man!)

evidently not effectively enough to stick in my mind.  i mean, to mock something effectively you have to know something about it.

i do remember you calling me a "trotsky cheerleader" once, which technically was mocking me, though also ineffectively.  i'm still waiting for a concrete example of me talking about trotsky in any significant way since you joined this site, much less "cheering" him.

 

Kapkao wrote:

Re-read it until it makes sense, numbnuts.

yeah, that's what they told us about finnegan's wake.  some things just make no sense in the first place.  the problem is, some people mistake their own inability to make sense for others' inability to understand how much of genius they are.  that would be you, fucktard.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
So... huhmmm. You portray

So... huhmmm. You portray someone who upsets easily but when called on it, you simply play a game of "PROOVE IT!", instead??? Too cute...

 

Quote:
did you even know who the fuck trotsky was before you ran into me?

(Yes, I did)

Quote:
you know what, kapkao, you are full of fucking shit.

Full of shit... is having a bruised ego and being to proud to admit it; now or in the past.

Quote:
if you leave this site forever, i guarantee i for one will not follow you.

You first, chumley...

Quote:
yes, i would fucking love it.  not because you "challenge" me on some deep personal level, which you vaguely claim to do from time to time, but for the simple fact that you annoy the shit out of me.

"Challenging" is knowing someone who's ego tends to bruise easily and yet is too proud to admit it -all the while having emotional maturity of an 8-year-old, and yet behaving like everyone else has the 'attitude problem'.

You ask me for proof of your constant emotional excitability;

I am going to now ask you for proof of your Rationality*!

Because that is something even an "ultra-leftist" like Vastet has in abundance. You on the other hand, seem to have a tremendous vacuum where everyone else has their ability to reason; it is almost as if you let your emotions think for you!!!

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
What we know four weeks after the massacre

* Five of the nine dead died of close range head shots. They were executed. MURDERED if that is not clear enough.

* The Marmara was attacked outside of the exclusion zone Israel declared. The attack would have been lawful inside the exclusion zone. The passengers acted lawfully in attempting to repel boarders.

* The Marmara had been inspected for weapons in Cyprus. Israel knew there were no weapons on the Marmara. Israel knows what is going on in strictest secrecy hundreds of feet underground in Iran. The flotilla ships were loaded in daylight with news coverage invited. Israel knew there were no weapons.

* While claiming to embargo only weapons, only 114 different items were allowed into Gaza in limited quantities. In this list are all foods and medicines and medical equipment.

* Clothing is prohibited. Construction materials are prohibited. Exports are prohibited.

* Toys are prohibited entry as collective punishment of children as are school books and school supplies.

* We have learned for a fact the claim of weapons embargo is a lie.

* In March 2009 Israel announced the blockade would be eased using almost the same words as the announcement this week. It is reasonable to assume this year's announcement is as much a lie as last year's announcement. We also know the announcement the blockade would be eased was only made in English. The Hebrew version said no such thing. This also indicates they are lying again.

* Sunday, 27 June 2010, Israel confiscated six oxygen concentrators destined for West Bank hospitals which extended the medical blockade to the West Bank.

* Israel has officially withdrawn the first two tapes which were played on the world news after they were shown to be deliberate forgeries.

* Mocking the murdered "We con the World" was disavowed after being released by Israel.

* The one broadcast from the victims on the Marmara shows they were fired upon by Israel before any boarding was attempted.

* No claim of a terrorist connection goes deeper than Israeli propaganda. Hasbara == Isreality

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:MURDERED

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

MURDERED if that is not clear enough.


Tell me this much Nony; do you see it as a positive sign that President Obama  has called for an "independent investigation" into the Gaza Flotilla incident? (disregarding Netanyahu's refusal for the moment...)

Meaning, specifically: he wants there to be an Israeli probe with a US observer.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
Posts: 837
Joined: 2007-03-03
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:jmm

Jeffrick wrote:

jmm wrote:

Vastet wrote:
(Obama is now officially the greatest US president in US history, bar none)

HA!

 

I was just thinking:  many of you would make excellent Muslims, as blind anti-Semitism is a fundamental prerequisite for both Islam and atheism.

 

 

                 They would make lousy Muslims, WHY? Muslims are NOT anti-semitic.   WHY?  Arabs and a few other tribal groups ARE SEMITES just like their brother JEWS.   

Please stop splitting hairs.  "Anti-Semite" is widely known to mean "anti-Jewish".  You know that, I know that, everyone knows that.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3442
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:and yet

Kapkao wrote:

and yet behaving like everyone else has the 'attitude problem'.

no, just you and a couple other irritating trolls like mind over matter and epistemologist.  with the majority of people on this site, i'm perfectly civil, or a bit testy at most on my worst days.  you know it and you omit it.  score for me.

and it is you who have the attitude problem, among myriad others

Kapkao wrote:

You ask me for proof of your constant emotional excitability;

well, really i ask you for proof that you have challenged my "general outlook," that i have gone to pieces in the face of that challenge, and specifically that i have rabidly defended trotsky.

but fine, we'll go your addled way: you haven't even proved this.  you've only proved that i have little patience with pesky twerps who have delusions of intellectual superiority.  in my opinion, that is a perfectly rational reaction.

still, if your definition of "rational" is "not getting pissed off at self-important idiots," i gladly admit i'm irrational.

there.  you have your victory.  you can go in the corner and play with it.

Kapkao wrote:

I am going to now ask you for proof of your Rationality*!

no, you win.  have fun.  don't forget to use caps lock, bold face, underline, and italics liberally.

 

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 3686
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
jmm wrote: .....blind

jmm wrote:

 

.....blind anti-Semitism is a fundamental prerequisite for both Islam and atheism.

 

   I don't think so.....         

                                          http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3809043,00.html

                                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jewish_atheists

 

jmm wrote:

Please stop splitting hairs.  "Anti-Semite" is widely known to mean "anti-Jewish". 

 

 

     anti-jewish ?   ...you mean like Martin Luther and his religious progeny ?  ..or perhaps just the Catholic Church ?  

             http://www.ushmm.org/research/center/church/persecution/

             http://www.racematters.org/papalapology.htm

"Most people are ass holes." Jesus of Nazareth


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

Kapkao wrote:

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

MURDERED if that is not clear enough.

Tell me this much Nony; do you see it as a positive sign that President Obama  has called for an "independent investigation" into the Gaza Flotilla incident? (disregarding Netanyahu's refusal for the moment...)

Meaning, specifically: he wants there to be an Israeli probe with a US observer.

At first Obama made noises about independent but not a word in weeks.

Israel has started an internal investigation with out authority and without a US observer. It is unclear why there would be an observer. What are they going to do but waste their time? The two powerless observers are from Ireland and Canada. I have found no objection to this official whitewash from the US at any level.

The first meeting was Monday. The head of it apparently demanded the power to compel testimony from anyone, require oaths with penalty of perjury, and to look into subjects other than why Israel was lily white and pure else he would resign. No changes have been announced.

Netanyahu will be in the US to meet with Obama on Tues 6 July for what that is worth. 

 

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
.

jmm wrote:

...

 

Please stop splitting hairs.  "Anti-Semite" is widely known to mean "anti-Jewish".  You know that, I know that, everyone knows that.

It has long been my observation that a word's meaning is derived from its use in context not by  either its plain reading or by its dictionary meaning.

Thus the word antisemite refers to someone Jews hate as the context of usage does not differ from MuthaF or bastard.

There is no question its meaning has come to apply to anyone who is not both a Jew and does not bury criticism of Israel in a heap of praise. In practice it means no matter what Israel does it must be understood in context of the mythical persecution of Jews for the last six million years.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


A_Nony_Mouse
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
Posts: 2880
Joined: 2008-04-23
User is offlineOffline
Trotsky is a good communist

Kapkao wrote:
I never mocked Trotsky? (ha! Holy creamed shit man!)


Trotsky is dead. Therefore he is the only kind of good communist there is.

 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:Kapkao

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Kapkao wrote:
I never mocked Trotsky? (ha! Holy creamed shit man!)

 

Trotsky is dead. Therefore he is the only kind of good communist there is.

Be sure to edit that post before Iwbiek sees it.

Now I need to dig up the old video of Muammar al-Qaddafi publicly scoffing at Mein Kampf.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3442
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:Kapkao

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

Kapkao wrote:
I never mocked Trotsky? (ha! Holy creamed shit man!)


 

Trotsky is dead. Therefore he is the only kind of good communist there is.

 

i see it.  yawn...

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen