Anthropomorphic God

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anthropomorphic God

Kindly, tell me if this is an acceptable definition of God:
God is an anthropomorphic object capable of destroying best friendships.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
It is exactly!

I have never had the ability to bite my tongue, so I have pissed off my fair share of the deluded. If I ever had good friendships with religious people, I would have pissed them off and lost them from my life. Though I have never had the ability to form friendships with any other types of people besides atheists/agnostics/skeptics, since religious people tend to not like my questions.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Where you been Julio?

julio wrote:
Kindly, tell me if this is an acceptable definition of God: God is an anthropomorphic object capable of destroying best friendships.
                   When ever a theist and atheist are trying to have some kind of relationship  --  any kind  --  sooner or later that fairly tale will rears it's ugly head.  God puts the ug in ugly,   also the ly.   Trying to have a rational conversation with a theist without god popping up is like trying to have a rational conversation with a drug addict who's only interest is their next fix.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:julio wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

julio wrote:
Kindly, tell me if this is an acceptable definition of God: God is an anthropomorphic object capable of destroying best friendships.
                   When ever a theist and atheist are trying to have some kind of relationship  --  any kind  --  sooner or later that fairly tale will rears it's ugly head.  God puts the ug in ugly,   also the ly.   Trying to have a rational conversation with a theist without god popping up is like trying to have a rational conversation with a drug addict who's only interest is their next fix.

They are worse than drug addicts. I know a couple of those and they could make you think they are nice normal people. It's as if they can partition their mind, if they know you are not a drug head they can say what you want to hear, and usually make it sound good. In reality they don't give a shit about what you think, they wants their dopes. But I had a couple of them fool me for a time...

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Jeffrick

robj101 wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

julio wrote:

They are worse than drug addicts. I know a couple of those and they could make you think they are nice normal people. It's as if they can partition their mind, if they know you are not a drug head they can say what you want to hear, and usually make it sound good. In reality they don't give a shit about what you think, they wants their dopes. But I had a couple of them fool me for a time...

A die hard theist like my mom CAN'T have a reasonable conversation about anything pertaining to religion.  The reason is she CAN"T allow the 0.01% of reasonable doubt to exist in her mind for rational discourse to ensue.  Her position is "I am %100 correct, I must be, or else I die."  Pointing out flaws in her beliefs is exactly like pointing out to a crackhead the risks of crack.  They already know the risks and don't care.  My mom knows she doesn't stand a chance of explaining or trying to make any sense of her religion to enyone with a brain, so she just "forgets" that, which makes her loopy, vvvvery loopy.  The amount of cognitive dissonance in her mind is astounding, but she has learned to live with it, and ignore it, and make it so all the internal contradictions have no "little voices."  This is what I mean when I say "had" people.  My mom is "had," there is absolutely no point in reasoning with these types, they are WAY to far gone.  Her brain is simply not capable of addressing such issues, she just smiles and acts loopy.  

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quite true. Religion is one

Quite true.
Religion is one brain attempting to overpower another.
Religion is simply fear of the dark.
Religion is a manmade idol pretending to be some Almighty God.
Religion was to be an inoffensive pastime between meals if nobody got hurt.