So depressing: teachers going Catholic just to get a "teaching" job

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
So depressing: teachers going Catholic just to get a "teaching" job

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/100509/national/teachers_converting_catholic

This story is so fucking depressing... Converting just so you can get a job? I can't imagine that...

It's too bad that good people can't find REAL teaching positions elsewhere...

The question must be asked. Would you?

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know, I know...

I know, I know, the video is on the American situation and the article is Canadian.

I just love Eugenie Scott!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
That is actually tough.  I

That is actually tough.  I wouldn't have any issues pretending to be a theist to avoid living in a cardboard box, but teaching kids creationism...yuck.  I really don't know.

I'd like to say I wouldn't, but I've never been in deep financial doo-doo either.  I bet I could rationalize it by saying,  "If I don't do it someone else will" and then try and weasel around teaching it if I could.

Hopefully I'll never have to find out.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.