Let me start by first Stating my beliefs.

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
Let me start by first Stating my beliefs.

I would like to start off by saying, I am of course an atheist, I have been one my whole life, I NEVER ONCE believed that there was a supernatural being that created or cares about interpersonal lives of human beings and keeps a check list of right and wrong doings. Now if you want to add in what was written by previous civilizations, we were on an evolutionary path, until an alien intervention, recorded by the first people to create writing and first recorded history as well as many other things we still use today.

I think that is where atheists fall short in debunking religious criteria. Why, if you going to use historical accounts to debunk Jesus and the non-existence of a supernatural all powerful being, don't you bring into account the intervention of the Anunnaki to the Sumerian civilization? They TELL us how the world was created, which is substantiated by scientific proof.

I just got done watching the debate between this websites organization and the Way of the Master, seen on, I am assuming, ABC sometime in the recent past, which is a direct result of how I came to this site. I noticed that NOTHING was brought up about the Sumerians. Why is this? I would think, if your going to debunk the bible, you HAVE to challenge religious people to where (other than god) this information originated. I mean, why for instance is god vengeful? Why is he many things that can be attributed to human characteristics? An all powerful being, would NOT have these attributes, BUT, an alien race, thought to be god or gods by primitive man, WOULD. They possibly have these attributes and may have passed them on to us. A being with power of time, space, immortality, evolved past the point of human morality. Furthermore, if creating us, why would he instill that into human beings. But. if we were genetically created from an evolving huminoid species on the planet by ET's, that would certainly explain why we have stories of a god that DOES have these characteristics and also why we ourselves have them as well. Do you think pre-humans were walking around concerned about killing and raping before the intervention of thinking man? Do you think lions or other animals on the planet, that do not have this capacity for morality, think they are doing wrong when they kill for food, or kill for territory, or kill for dominence? Of course they don't.

If we take what the Sumerians say as fact, which I DO, then it explains most everything in the process of our evolution and how thinking man came to be on this planet. Do you know why you don't bring this information up when debating? I will tell you why, religious people already think we are nuts, and the skeptics on both sides, will shun away from anything that is outside the norm of conversation. But to get to the truth, WE MUST start to put this information about previous cultures which state alien intervention into our discussions. I mean think about it, where did ancient peoples notions of beliefs in many gods come from? It came from Sumer, at least until we find historical proof of an earlier civilizations recording accounts of the same stories. 

I also just listened to a radio broadcast of a debate ( if you want to call it that ) between Kelly and Matt Slick, I would have to say darling, as much as you tried, you got your ass kicked. You did not debate that well and I don't think after listening to it yourself, would disagree. Not once, and I haven't gotten done listening to the whole show, did you say anything about the apostes NOT writing the gospels, which they didn't. Noone who was alive or who knew Jesus, put one word in the New Testament. Yet you never said anything about this too him. WHY? I would think that would have been the first thing to say. I mean, I think thats pretty important that at least one generation past the time of Jesus, were the authors of his teachings. Especially knowing that humans cannot pass one story to another without changing it slightly. Also you didn't mention anything about how the bible has changed MANY times over 2000 years. Nor did you mention this when discussing this topic on ABC with Kirk and Ray. I believe in what you are doing and I support it, but how you come across, comes out in an argumentitive way, without using knowledge to back up what you are saying, or at least NOT ENOUGH knowledge. I mean simple question to ask a religious person, WHY WOULD A BEING OF ENORMOUS POWER care about one planet among an infinite amount of planets? Are humans the only intelligent existing life in the universe? If not, does that mean we will be sharing heaven/hell with other alien beings? Another simple question to ask, if they believe that this life is temporary, and heaven is everlasting bliss, why doesn't every religious person kill themselves so they can be in heaven with god?

I have asked very good questions and made some comments of my own, hopefully I can get some feed back from people on this site as I am new.

A refresher for people not in the know:

Old Testament: Stories that were written by Ancient Sumerians, Babylonians, Akkadians, at least 2000 years before the bible.

Adam

Noah's ark story

Creation

The bible says god created everything approx. 6 thousand years ago, SAME TIME THE SUMERIANS wrote down all of this. Coincidence?

New Testament: Stories written by people of a generation past when Jesus lived. Do you think these stories were not changed to make him divine? Did he exist as a man? Most likely. But he wasn't divine. He was a man, plain and simple. Only after the council of nicea was he depicted in the bible as the son of god. Btw, the stuff that was not accepted in the bible, were stories of alien intervention, thought to be to heretic to be kept in the bible.

Example: The Book of Enoch

Aiden

100percentAtheist
atheist
100percentAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ok, Aiden,I give up.  You

Ok, Aiden,

I give up.  You are right.  I am totally wrong.  Please send this my message to your friends and get your 10 more points of karma.  Sumerians knew of DNA, made cloning, had been visited by aliens, etc.  Good for you.  

Good night.

P.S.: actually, I might be wrong about the topology of DNA and sumerian snakes. Smiling  You couldn't figure it out anyway. Smiling 

Of course Obama is an alien.  He is black, so he is from Africa, the human life was started in Africa, so there must be something that caused this beginning of human life.   No doubt, it's aliens. Please disprove my truth.  Oh, you can't?  Do you believe that Obama is an alien? Smiling

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote: EVERYTIME I

Aidenkai wrote:

EVERYTIME I learn something new, I get more interested because it re affirms what I have already read.

Sorry to tell you this, this might be a mild form of paranoia. 

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
FUCK do you not read, I

FUCK do you not read, I NEVER ONCE CLAIMED OR SAID Obama was an alien. NOR DID THE VIDEO. And you talk about me being ignorant. Your just as dense. You think that I am going to concede to your way of thinking simply because you write stuff in these posts that MAY OR MAY NOT be true. How do I know for a fact what your saying is real researched information? Because you said it? YOu have not proven your side either, all you have done is prove that someone on your side thinks differently from the people I have read stuff from. THATS IT. I actually linked stuff that proves my point, which is not that this stuff is fact, but that it is possible. Everything is just conjecture and you all trying to make either other say, " look at this guy, he actually believes this stuff". Like I care how you feel, bring me the facts in dispute of something I have said, without quoting a debunker or someone that works for a skeptical site.

Aiden

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
BTW, PAGE 6! Nice how

BTW, PAGE 6! Nice how everyone feels the need to disprove something so vigorously on a topic that supposedly doesn't exist. Not too mention the knowledge, however slight and disproved you may belief it is, you have gained as a result of this post.

Aiden

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Once again Aden you fail to

Once again Aden you fail to recognize sarcasm with the Obama comment.

You might as well be a "birther", is what the poster was saying about Obama  because of the claim you came to this site with. If you don't know what a "birther" is it is someone who hates the fact Obama won so much that they want so badly for him to have been born in another country, just like you want so badly for our species to be planted her by little green men.

Both you/they want something to be true so badly you will look for anything to justify your position. That was the point of the sarcasm. The "birthers" merely have a different form of conspiracy on a different topic that they want to believe.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:BTW, PAGE 6!

Aidenkai wrote:

BTW, PAGE 6! Nice how everyone feels the need to disprove something so vigorously on a topic that supposedly doesn't exist. Not too mention the knowledge, however slight and disproved you may belief it is, you have gained as a result of this post.

Aiden

You're being allowed to continue to make your case at this forum instead of being shown the door.  That courtesy has been extended to other, mostly theistic, posters who have put forth far more specious arguments regarding even more tentative claims than yours. Would you feel that we were being more open-minded if we ignored you ?  As long as you keep posting someone will likely answer...

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
NoMoreCrazyPeople

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

BobSpence1 wrote:

I think this is a good case to apply Ockham's Razor.

We can't completely exclude the possibility of things which would make long-haul space-flight possible, allowing aliens to visit our ancestors and redesign their DNA, etc. but since we have a bunch of reasonably well-established science which quite plausibly explains all the raw evidence Aiden points to, it is far more reasonable to go with current science than assume that a whole bunch of remotely possible, currently completely unobserved things might be an 'explanation' worth considering outside the pages of a sci-fi novel.

Some of his ideas may be POSSIBLE, but the regular history is at least as possible, arguably much more.

All too true.

Bob..... you take most of the fun out of posting with your well thought-out and sensibly written ideas. Leaves a lot less room for me to poke holes in other's arguments...

Yes posting after bob can sometimes feel like going on stage after metalica, with an acoustic guitar.

DARKNESS IMPRISONING ME

ALL THAT I SEE

ABSOLUTE HORROR

Where have all the children gone?

Every Malcolm X needs a Martin Luther King. Every Dirty Harry needs a Clolumbo.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
AdenIf you are going to be

Aden

If you are going to be happy posting at this site you have to do something for yourself, not us. You have to accept that this is not about you. We knock around all sorts of claims. We put all sorts of claims through the ringer. Skeptics do this all over the net, not just here, and not just with your Mayan/Sumerian claim.

If you are going to spend your time taking it personally at a website you chose to come to, and torture yourself falsely with "why don't they like me", you are not going to be happy here. If it upsets you that much then FOR YOURSELF, at least take a break.

What is unreasonable for anyone AND I HAVE SEEN ATHEISTS do this too, is to go onto someone else's turf and expect them to behave the way you want.

The point of this website first and foremost for atheists to hang out together. It also allows ANYONE to bring their claims, religious or otherwise, here to be presented. This site has never banned someone for merely making a claim.

We are skeptics, we knock people's claims around, that is what we do. We don't care if it is your claim, or claims of Scientology or ghosts or Allah, or whatever. If you bring a claim here ON ANY SUBJECT, for any reason, you have to expect it to be knocked around.

There really is a difference between, "That is an absurd claim" and

"I hate you".

All of us here can like people and not like everything they say. So get it out of your head that we are out to get you. We are no more "out to get you" anymore than we are "out to get you" if you were claiming Santa was real. This is merely about what you claim, nothing more.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:DARKNESS

Brian37 wrote:

DARKNESS IMPRISONING ME

ALL THAT I SEE

ABSOLUTE HORROR

Where have all the children gone?

Every Malcolm X needs a Martin Luther King. Every Dirty Harry needs a Clolumbo.

I'm being compared to Malcolm X now...

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:AdenIf you are

Brian37 wrote:

Aden

If you are going to be happy posting at this site you have to do something for yourself, not us. You have to accept that this is not about you. We knock around all sorts of claims. We put all sorts of claims through the ringer. Skeptics do this all over the net, not just here, and not just with your Mayan/Sumerian claim.

If you are going to spend your time taking it personally at a website you chose to come to, and torture yourself falsely with "why don't they like me", you are not going to be happy here. If it upsets you that much then FOR YOURSELF, at least take a break.

What is unreasonable for anyone AND I HAVE SEEN ATHEISTS do this too, is to go onto someone else's turf and expect them to behave the way you want.

The point of this website first and foremost for atheists to hang out together. It also allows ANYONE to bring their claims, religious or otherwise, here to be presented. This site has never banned someone for merely making a claim.

We are skeptics, we knock people's claims around, that is what we do. We don't care if it is your claim, or claims of Scientology or ghosts or Allah, or whatever. If you bring a claim here ON ANY SUBJECT, for any reason, you have to expect it to be knocked around.

There really is a difference between, "That is an absurd claim" and

"I hate you".

All of us here can like people and not like everything they say. So get it out of your head that we are out to get you. We are no more "out to get you" anymore than we are "out to get you" if you were claiming Santa was real. This is merely about what you claim, nothing more.

Oh I am not taking it personal by any means, I don't see you attacking me, just what I bring to this discussion. I just want you all to admit from the evidence around the world from many different early cultures that it could be possible that an alien intelligent race came here in our past. That's all, just admit it's possible, LOL. You can even say its not very likely, I could accept that, but that's its NOT impossible. I like your posts, its given me new ways to look at things, but I still and will believe that it is very possible. I would contend on the same effort that religion is possible too, it is also not likely but it is not impossible. I know, you are not going to believe anything you can't see or prove with a good percentage of certainty. While I believe that anything supernatural is not impossible (God, ghosts, the devil, angels, demons and so on) I don't believe in them because I feel that faith or fear that most religious people do. I do believe that our solar system is so vast that we cannot be alone, if our earth is 4.6 billion years old, and our species is only 150k years old, the it is possible that aliens have been here. We just don't know, I feel we have to look at our past and what was written down by early man, when we do, we see them writing of ancient gods decending from the sky, did they do this just to believe in something ( very possible ),  Did they do this because they witnessed something they could not understand ( Also very possible ). Why is it that I conceded to your point, but you cannot concede too mine. Like I said, just admit it might have been possible and we can end this thread and I will start over with a new thread.

Aiden

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
I guess one thing atheists

I guess one thing atheists can't realize, and I am starting to wonder this about myself, is that not everyone is gonna believe in the same thing. While your points on religion and AAT are very informative, like you, there is always someone on the other side that can explain it in a different way. And this is proven by history. We have been fighting and killing in the same of our different beliefs for centuries. You have to realize something about me, if I would have been born in the 70's I would have been a hippie, I would have been out there protesting and getting high, fighting the power of the government. The Vietnam War created dissention in our country, it made people disbelieve what the country was telling us. This still goes on today, whether you want to believe it or not. And we are close to re-living the past. We have been at war for 10 years now, economy sucks, and News stations lie to us all the time. We never get the truth, so why is it so different to believe that our scientists and archeologists and Nasa wouldn't lie to us as well. Don't you think that is possible too? I do. 

On a side note, because I didn't mention it before now, but did you know that Buzz Aldren says he witnessed a UFO while up in space, and advocates for AAT? Now here is someone I would tend to believe, would be a credible source. Maybe he is lying to make money who knows, but I would like to hear what you have to say about it.

Aiden

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote: I just want

Aidenkai wrote:

I just want you all to admit from the evidence around the world from many different early cultures that it could be possible that an alien intelligent race came here in our past. That's all, just admit it's possible, LOL. 

It is possible even though there is no any evidence.  I admit it and I think some of us have already admitted this.

Anything else?

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:On a side

Aidenkai wrote:

On a side note, because I didn't mention it before now, but did you know that Buzz Aldren says he witnessed a UFO while up in space, and advocates for AAT? Now here is someone I would tend to believe, would be a credible source. Maybe he is lying to make money who knows, but I would like to hear what you have to say about it.

Aiden,

Please stop jumping from one claim to another one.  Let's look at your claims one-by-one. 

I am still waiting on your extra information about the claimed link between the alley of dead and our solar system.   Please show me the "correct" diagram or admit that there are no facts that would justify your claims.

100%

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bad analogy.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Yes posting after bob can sometimes feel like going on stage after metalica, with an acoustic guitar.

More like jumping on stage after Jimi Hindrix with a keytar ready in hand. Nobody's going to listen to it...

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Quote:I guess one thing

Quote:
I guess one thing atheists can't realize, and I am starting to wonder this about myself, is that not everyone is gonna believe in the same thing. While your points on religion and AAT are very informative, like you, there is always someone on the other side that can explain it in a different way.

Aden, there are 6 billion people on this planet, so to say that people will disagree is not a shocker.

What you don't get is that there IS a universal tool to settle disagreements. Scientific method. It is the only tool that has gotten Muslims/Jews/ Hindus/Christians ect ect ect ect, to have the ability to KNOW what DNA is or mitosis.

What you don't want to face and we have seen this from others prior to your visit here, is the mundane human behavior of wanting something to be true so badly that people will look for ways to justify a claim. Looking for justification is not valid. TESTING something based on prior data is what is needed. "Justifying" is not the same as kicking the tires. You are nothing but an apologist with a different claim.

You fall in the same boat as believers of gods in that you make the mistake of "If it sounds good, it must be true".

Humans are notorious in allowing themselves to fall for woo because they like the claim they make. The only way to filter out bias is to TEST it and then put it out there for others to knock the claim around. We apply this standard to ALL CLAIMS, not just your claim here in this thread, on this board.

If someone came to you and claimed unicorns existed, because they were mentioned in the bible, and since the bible was based on the Sumerians, what would stop me from saying that Unicorn aliens planted us here?

Your mistake is dwelling in the past. But Christians and Muslims do it too. They also try to incorporate modern science to prop up their claims. Saying "The Sumerians were first" doesn't make your claims valid. It merely means that you picked an arbitrary point to start your proposition from. But ALL these claims, theirs and yours, don't start with OUR modern knowledge. The logic you and they use falsely works backwards.

GOOD LOGIC GOES LIKE THIS

Tested universal Data>claim=formula=projected outcome

Bad logic

Claim<data<desired outcome.

The problem I have with your claim is the same I have with Scientology and Muslims and ghost hunters. It starts without established independent data, and then works to retrofit current knowledge to prop up a naked assertion.

A history of making claims is not the same as having a history of establishing credibility of a claim.

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
100percentAtheist wrote:Here

100percentAtheist wrote:

Here is basically the same post as #167.

Aiden,

I have watched one of the videos that you posted as an evidence that ancient people knew the structure of our solar system.  What I see in that video is that a guy tells us that "The pyramids there are lined a perfect distance of each of the orbits of planets of our solar system".  Then, on 45th sec. of the video, there is a diagram of the orbits.  I am not sure what pyramids were taken for the first four orbits since ALL FOUR ARE WITHIN THE SAME PYRAMID.  But O.K., let's go with what we are shown. 

The radii of the shown orbits are:

4-3/4, 7-1/2, 9-1/2, 12-1/2, 37, 57, 91, 140

Now, the actual radii of the orbits of planets of OUR SOLAR SYSTEM are:

0.4, 0.7, 1.0, 1.5, 5.2, 9.5, 19.6, 30

If the first four orbits (somehow happened to be within the same pyramid!!!) might be a relatively O.K. fit to the reality, the rest of the SHOWN orbits .... anyone who knows how to use a calculator can see that they do NOT fit the claim "lined a perfect distance of each of the orbit of planets of our solar system".

Unless you believe that 1.59 (91/57) = 2.06 (19.6/9.5), you should question the validity of the claim in that video. 

Aiden, if you think that in that video it was just an "artistic" representation of orbits, please find the reference to the original diagram.   I do not think it is very difficult to find the actual "in scale" map of the place (we even can use google maps) and show which object in the area are "lined a perfect distance of the orbits".  Since I am not as knowledgeable in this question as you are, I would not try to pick up the pyramids myself.  Please help me to do this.

Best,

100%

I am not sure, but I think your trying to beat me with figures, I frankly don't understand, whatever the guy in the video says, I am not claiming that, I am claiming that it is a representation of our solar system. Those numbers mean nothing too me. When you say radii, I understand what a radius is,

a radius of a circle or sphere is any line segment from its center to its perimeter." WOOT I know how to copy and past.

But that doesnt mean I know what figures you are given here. Is this in meters, yards, feet, inches, I don't understand ? Obviously I don't believe that 1.59 (91/57) = 2.06 (19.6/9.5). But how did you come up with these numbers? I can't answer the question because I am oblivious to the question. MY claim is that its simply a representation of the planets in our solar system. Which has been documented to be true. So stop being a fucking jerk. Why is it you didn't use Stonehenge? You must have done some research about it and read that it is also a representation of our solar system. Now stop fucking bugging me about this question being answered, I just did to the best of my ability. If you truly wanted it answered and didn't just do this to make me look inferior to you, then you would try and find out why this claim is being represented falsely, but I don't think you are, your just a fucking jerk using math to confuse me. Sorry, but I can't answer the mathematical questions sir. My original claim still stands, there are 2 sites which represent the planets in our solar system, are they accurate in the dimensions, WHO CARES, its like someone pointing out 1000 things about something, and one skeptical person picking out ONE thing, and claiming because that ONE thing is off by a small margin, the rest is bullshit. Sorry but in my world, one thing out of 1000 doesn't mean it isn't substantial. DID I EVER CLAIM TO KNOW EVERYTHING? NO. I said I had some knowledge of these topics, and what I have read and seen influenced me to research further, I am still on this quest for more knowledge, simply because its interesting to speculate about our human evolution.

Aiden

Zanarkand
Zanarkand's picture
User is offlineOffline
I do not have any knowledge

I do not have any knowledge regarding the sumerians because i havent read much about it.  But i guess i can post a thing or two. the sumerians have something in common in my point of interest; chinese history. regarding this image;

Aidenkai wrote:

Here is another depiction of a Mayan God named Pacal. You can clearly see this is person in a space rocket.

These are just 2 of thousands of depictions around the world that is clear evidence of ancient aliens.

I was reading a book on Chinese Mythology and there if i recall said that the Gods came out of the belly of flying Dragons. It implies that dragons are some form of flying vehicle or spacecraft not some typical image of a fire breathing creature. I have always thought that the beginnings were more advanced than the later periods.

I think there is some kind of de-evolution going on. a clear example of which is how the ancient Greeks knew the earth was round wheras middle age doctrine said the earth is flat.

back to the chinese Of course everything involving space-travel is considered mythical by modern scholars. The Yellow Emperor or Huang Di, is considered to be the first emperor of China and the ancestor of all Chinese. there are debates as to whether huang di is mythical or real. I would like to suggest that the solution may lie somewhere in between: He was real but not human. lol but anyway as for the source, yes it is just a mythical book. but it always give me chance to be skeptical about the real beginnings of life that is. i still prefer evolution tho'.

Not only can water float a boat, It can sink it also.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Aiden, I read your

Aiden,

I read your request email to be removed from this site in which you stated, "I don't have the same or similar beliefs as others on this site. I want taken off so I can go about my pathetic life without getting tons of E-mails everyday from your so called open minded users."

I concur if you need me to remove you from the site so you don't get emails you are rather pathetic.  You could simply block emails from our site but instead chose to whine and cry out for attention.  You could simply delete the emails when you see them.  You could also have changed your email address on the account.  You are running away, I find that pathetic.  I also found your social skills pathetic, from your opening remark.  It is obvious you don't have the same beliefs as users here as evidenced in your first post, so why use it as an excuse to leave?  It was originally your excuse to open an account here.  

You have had a conversation here with many users.  Many users who took a lot of time to talk to you here, and you would just like me to scratch the record by removing evidence of your existence here.  How extremely fucking pathetic of you.  I will not diminish the efforts of everyone here by removing you.  If you want to be gone from the site, show some self restraint, and don't come here.  As soon as the threads you've participated in die down, you will no longer receive emails stating there was a new post.  You can also remove your subscription to this thread in your account here.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Quote:Oh I am not taking it

Quote:
Oh I am not taking it personal by any means, I don't see you attacking me, just what I bring to this discussion. I just want you all to admit from the evidence around the world from many different early cultures that it could be possible that an alien intelligent race came here in our past.

Nope, cant do it. I wouldn't do it for anyone.

What modern science says about the likelihood of life existing elsewhere is not myth based. You failed as soon as you mentioned ancient myth. I treat you no differently than people with other claims of other labels.

The ancients, from all these cultures and even prior to the Sumerians built whatever objects, not because of little green men, but because they thought god/s were looking down on them. The size of the object wouldn't change that.

Flood stories, for example in all of myth exist, not because of gods or little green men or gods.T hey exist because the people who write them mistook their limited view of a local flood at the time as being the world. No different to me than humans in the past mistaking volcanos as being gods.

Are volcanos gods because humans have taken note of them?

The mistake is much the same as the eye being fooled by flawed perception. Ever see the video of the guy in the hallway that seems big, then he walks to the back of the set and the hallway shrinks? Our emotions can cause us to falsely fill in the gaps much the same way our eyes can bee fooled by false perception.

What does make sense to me is that humans can and still do, take bad information and look for something to be there and falsely fill in a gap because the answer they make up sounds good. Making it elaborate doesn't make it testable or credible.

The only thing remotely that I can agree on regarding "aliens" has nothing to do with ancient myth or area 51 claims. I can only say that from a statistical numbers perspective it should not shock us to find some sort of biological life IF we could go to every planet in the universe. But that is not based on any myth. That is based on the fact that we know atoms exist and amino acids exist. That is as close to "aliens" as I will get with our current knowledge.

The problems of distance and speed would be a problem for all life, even if we confirmed it's existence.

I wouldn't say, "We are not alone"

I would say, "It shouldn't shock us if we find out we are not alone"

I would not however, base that statement on claims that are not confirmed by the scientific community.

When Christians or Muslims try to prop up their claims with science, even without claims of little green men, I treat them the same.

Logic doesn't work backwards. You don't pick a naked assertion from an arbitrary point and then take lagit science  and twist it to prop up something that was claimed during a non-modern era.

ANOTHER EXAMPLE: Not even talking about you here.

I got into a debate with a guy who claimed that the god of Jesus was the one true god. I asked him why. He said Aquinas was a smart man and knew about quantum mechanics. I asked him for proof of Aquinas's knowledge of modern quantum mechanics. All I got from him was an ambiguous quote . He merely took that quote and read into it what he wanted to read. Nothing he said had to do with formulas or science. He just kept claiming Aquinas was smart.

Look at the following example strictly from a semantic view. What do the actual words say?

"The sky is blue"

In a literal sense it only says what I am observing.

It says nothing about my knowledge of the science WHY we observe the sky as being blue.

What theism does is this:

"The sky is blue because Allah made it blue<=<insert pseudo science here"

I am sure that the Sumerians "observed" and took notation of the stars. So did many cultures throughout history. But if your best evidence is that they built really big objects and took notes on the stars. Is really weak.

We have pointed out that their "observations" were flawed. We have pointed out that their calender was flawed. And we have also pointed out that building objects back then were not for the benefit of "visitors" but for the god/s they believed in. Which ALL cultures did. How you conflate "size" to "visitors" is absurd, when the obvious explanation would be that they built those objects for their mythological gods.

It is not a shock to me that people back then wanted to build things to gods so big as to curry favor to them.

My bluntness and criticism is aimed at HOW you use logic to come to the conclusions you make. Popularity of belief ANY BELIEF does not constitute a history of credibility, otherwise the earth would be flat because a majority of humans once held that popular belief.

If your claims were credible the scientific community wouldn't have passed the originators of your myth by and it would be widely accepted.

You are being poo poo'ed by me for the same reason I once poo poo'ed a Muslim who quoted the Koran "mountains moving" proved that Mohammad knew about plate tectonics. Lots of cultures throughout history talk of "mountains moving" because they "observe" earthquake. But that doesn't mean they knew what caused an earthquake.

I hope that gives you insight as to the approach we take here and it seriously has nothing to do with any individual, but the claims they make. We really don't treat you any differently than anyone else.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
I also reject claims of

I also reject claims of Moses. Why?

Because in ancient Egypt and in all cultures back then, IN REALITY, for a slave or prisoner to even look at, much less set foot on our touch a monument to their gods or leaders. That would be an act of blasphemy. Even today when you look at human behavior even in something as modern as sports, apposing fans who visit a rival's stadium can be subject to ridicule all the way up to assault.

In addition there is absolutely NO evidence of Jews being slaves as the bible describes. The people who build the pyramids were citizens and laborers, not enemies of the Egyptians.

In your case, or in any case of claims of UFOs, Sumerian based or not, as smart as our species is NOW with all the observation tools we have if real visitors had been here, it would not be a well kept secret. Scientists WANT to prove the ability of life to exist elsewhere. They simply wont go about it with claims made by fans of myth.

That is vastly different than the mundane human behavior and real behavior in human history of seeing what one wants to see without question. The emotional appeal of "it sounds good, so it must be true" is a common human error, and even in modern media is used quite effectively to sell people things they don't really need.

Ever notice in a carpet stain remover commercial that the stain is still wet when the vacuum picks it up? What the company wont do is let the stain bake under the hot sun for a week and then attempt the same thing. The reality with most stains is if you hit it quickly with soap and water and a rag, it will do the same thing.

My point is humans are easily fooled by emotional appeal and it is quite a common flaw.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Sapient wrote: Aiden, I

Sapient wrote:

Aiden,

I read your request email to be removed from this site in which you stated, "I don't have the same or similar beliefs as others on this site. I want taken off so I can go about my pathetic life without getting tons of E-mails everyday from your so called open minded users."

I concur if you need me to remove you from the site so you don't get emails you are rather pathetic.  You could simply block emails from our site but instead chose to whine and cry out for attention.  You could simply delete the emails when you see them.  You could also have changed your email address on the account.  You are running away, I find that pathetic.  I also found your social skills pathetic, from your opening remark.  It is obvious you don't have the same beliefs as users here as evidenced in your first post, so why use it as an excuse to leave?  It was originally your excuse to open an account here.  

You have had a conversation here with many users.  Many users who took a lot of time to talk to you here, and you would just like me to scratch the record by removing evidence of your existence here.  How extremely fucking pathetic of you.  I will not diminish the efforts of everyone here by removing you.  If you want to be gone from the site, show some self restraint, and don't come here.  As soon as the threads you've participated in die down, you will no longer receive emails stating there was a new post.  You can also remove your subscription to this thread in your account here.

Quote:
"I don't have the same or similar beliefs as others on this site. I want taken off so I can go about my pathetic life without getting tons of E-mails everyday from your so called open minded users."

Way to play martyr just like a Muslim or Christian.

Adien

No one is telling you to go away. If Sapient or any of the members here were "closed minded" this site would preclude anyone but atheists from posting here in the first place. But complaining about something you chose to do is irritating.

If you are going to post here, expect your claims to be knocked around. That is what atheists do. For someone who just said in a post to me, they aren't taking it personally, you certainly defy yourself with your communication with Sapient, the website owner.

If I am a boxer and chose to get in the ring with Evander Holyfield why would I complain about getting hit? Don't torture yourself if this is not your thing. But do not falsely call us closed minded because you are insecure about your own claims.

That would be like knowing you have motion sickness and then trying to sue a roller coaster owner for getting sick.

It is OK to be sensitive and it is normal to have a comfort level you don't want to go beyond. It is NOT ok to project your comfort level on others. I have the same beef with atheists who do this too.

Stay or go, that is your choice. But if you continue to post please stop complaining about how your claims get treated.

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Really? Middle school math

Really? Middle school math is confusing you? No wonder you fall for pseudoscience.

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:I am not

Aidenkai wrote:

I am not sure, but I think your trying to beat me with figures, I frankly don't understand, whatever the guy in the video says, I am not claiming that, I am claiming that it is a representation of our solar system. Those numbers mean nothing too me. When you say radii, I understand what a radius is,

a radius of a circle or sphere is any line segment from its center to its perimeter." WOOT I know how to copy and past.

But that doesnt mean I know what figures you are given here. Is this in meters, yards, feet, inches, I don't understand ? Obviously I don't believe that 1.59 (91/57) = 2.06 (19.6/9.5). But how did you come up with these numbers? I can't answer the question because I am oblivious to the question. MY claim is that its simply a representation of the planets in our solar system. Which has been documented to be true. So stop being a fucking jerk. Why is it you didn't use Stonehenge? You must have done some research about it and read that it is also a representation of our solar system. Now stop fucking bugging me about this question being answered, I just did to the best of my ability. If you truly wanted it answered and didn't just do this to make me look inferior to you, then you would try and find out why this claim is being represented falsely, but I don't think you are, your just a fucking jerk using math to confuse me. Sorry, but I can't answer the mathematical questions sir. My original claim still stands, there are 2 sites which represent the planets in our solar system, are they accurate in the dimensions, WHO CARES, its like someone pointing out 1000 things about something, and one skeptical person picking out ONE thing, and claiming because that ONE thing is off by a small margin, the rest is bullshit. Sorry but in my world, one thing out of 1000 doesn't mean it isn't substantial. DID I EVER CLAIM TO KNOW EVERYTHING? NO. I said I had some knowledge of these topics, and what I have read and seen influenced me to research further, I am still on this quest for more knowledge, simply because its interesting to speculate about our human evolution.

Aiden

Aiden,

If you understand that 1.59 is not equal to 2.06, then you know all you need to know to understand "math" that I am talking about.  Take a ruler, any one, find an image of the avenue of dead (you can use google maps for example, search for Teotihuacan there), then find the pyramids which represent the objects in our solar system and measure the distances between them.  If your claim that those pyramids represent our solar system is correct, then the distances between the pyramids measured in WHATEVER units you prefer to use should match more or less accurately the distances between the planets as we know them now (you can google "solar system" or simply use the numbers from my post.  In my post, the numbers are in astronomical units.)  I would agree with you that the relative distances between the pyramids should not be a necessary factor that would solely determine their relationship to our solar system, but then there MUST be something else that would support your claim.  So far, we have seen no evidence that would even remotely support your claim.

I am not going to switch to anything else before we resolve this claim.  Even if we find a spaceship full of green guys under Stonehedge, this will tell us absolutely NOTHING about Teotihuacan.

100%

P.S.: Also, as to your multiple reference to me as to a "[something] jerk", I would like to ask you to exercise a better control of your written words.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
I started to write a post

I started to write a post about everything wrong with this thread, but it won't matter, will it?  Aiden just wants to believe.  He can't defend his belief, he doesn't even understand his belief and yet everything he reads reaffirms his belief.  

The posted article that turned out to be a debunking site is the final straw.  When you can take an article designed to debunk your belief, read it, and not only miss the point but think the article is *supporting your belief* you've gone so far down the rabbit hole that you've created a reality distortion field that cannot be penetrated.  You've reached the point where your belief is based on blind faith and willful ignorance.

Good luck Aiden.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Aiden,I read

Sapient wrote:
Aiden,

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:He can't

mellestad wrote:

He can't defend his belief, he doesn't even understand his belief and yet everything he reads reaffirms his belief.