Let me start by first Stating my beliefs.

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
Let me start by first Stating my beliefs.

I would like to start off by saying, I am of course an atheist, I have been one my whole life, I NEVER ONCE believed that there was a supernatural being that created or cares about interpersonal lives of human beings and keeps a check list of right and wrong doings. Now if you want to add in what was written by previous civilizations, we were on an evolutionary path, until an alien intervention, recorded by the first people to create writing and first recorded history as well as many other things we still use today.

I think that is where atheists fall short in debunking religious criteria. Why, if you going to use historical accounts to debunk Jesus and the non-existence of a supernatural all powerful being, don't you bring into account the intervention of the Anunnaki to the Sumerian civilization? They TELL us how the world was created, which is substantiated by scientific proof.

I just got done watching the debate between this websites organization and the Way of the Master, seen on, I am assuming, ABC sometime in the recent past, which is a direct result of how I came to this site. I noticed that NOTHING was brought up about the Sumerians. Why is this? I would think, if your going to debunk the bible, you HAVE to challenge religious people to where (other than god) this information originated. I mean, why for instance is god vengeful? Why is he many things that can be attributed to human characteristics? An all powerful being, would NOT have these attributes, BUT, an alien race, thought to be god or gods by primitive man, WOULD. They possibly have these attributes and may have passed them on to us. A being with power of time, space, immortality, evolved past the point of human morality. Furthermore, if creating us, why would he instill that into human beings. But. if we were genetically created from an evolving huminoid species on the planet by ET's, that would certainly explain why we have stories of a god that DOES have these characteristics and also why we ourselves have them as well. Do you think pre-humans were walking around concerned about killing and raping before the intervention of thinking man? Do you think lions or other animals on the planet, that do not have this capacity for morality, think they are doing wrong when they kill for food, or kill for territory, or kill for dominence? Of course they don't.

If we take what the Sumerians say as fact, which I DO, then it explains most everything in the process of our evolution and how thinking man came to be on this planet. Do you know why you don't bring this information up when debating? I will tell you why, religious people already think we are nuts, and the skeptics on both sides, will shun away from anything that is outside the norm of conversation. But to get to the truth, WE MUST start to put this information about previous cultures which state alien intervention into our discussions. I mean think about it, where did ancient peoples notions of beliefs in many gods come from? It came from Sumer, at least until we find historical proof of an earlier civilizations recording accounts of the same stories. 

I also just listened to a radio broadcast of a debate ( if you want to call it that ) between Kelly and Matt Slick, I would have to say darling, as much as you tried, you got your ass kicked. You did not debate that well and I don't think after listening to it yourself, would disagree. Not once, and I haven't gotten done listening to the whole show, did you say anything about the apostes NOT writing the gospels, which they didn't. Noone who was alive or who knew Jesus, put one word in the New Testament. Yet you never said anything about this too him. WHY? I would think that would have been the first thing to say. I mean, I think thats pretty important that at least one generation past the time of Jesus, were the authors of his teachings. Especially knowing that humans cannot pass one story to another without changing it slightly. Also you didn't mention anything about how the bible has changed MANY times over 2000 years. Nor did you mention this when discussing this topic on ABC with Kirk and Ray. I believe in what you are doing and I support it, but how you come across, comes out in an argumentitive way, without using knowledge to back up what you are saying, or at least NOT ENOUGH knowledge. I mean simple question to ask a religious person, WHY WOULD A BEING OF ENORMOUS POWER care about one planet among an infinite amount of planets? Are humans the only intelligent existing life in the universe? If not, does that mean we will be sharing heaven/hell with other alien beings? Another simple question to ask, if they believe that this life is temporary, and heaven is everlasting bliss, why doesn't every religious person kill themselves so they can be in heaven with god?

I have asked very good questions and made some comments of my own, hopefully I can get some feed back from people on this site as I am new.

A refresher for people not in the know:

Old Testament: Stories that were written by Ancient Sumerians, Babylonians, Akkadians, at least 2000 years before the bible.

Adam

Noah's ark story

Creation

The bible says god created everything approx. 6 thousand years ago, SAME TIME THE SUMERIANS wrote down all of this. Coincidence?

New Testament: Stories written by people of a generation past when Jesus lived. Do you think these stories were not changed to make him divine? Did he exist as a man? Most likely. But he wasn't divine. He was a man, plain and simple. Only after the council of nicea was he depicted in the bible as the son of god. Btw, the stuff that was not accepted in the bible, were stories of alien intervention, thought to be to heretic to be kept in the bible.

Example: The Book of Enoch

Aiden

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:Now if you

Aidenkai wrote:
Now if you want to add in what was written by previous civilizations, we were on an evolutionary path, until an alien intervention, recorded by the first people to create writing and first recorded history as well as many other things we still use today.

The combined circumstances of the environment and genetics of Homonoidea would have resulted in modern Homo sapiens without the intervention of any conscious being, god or otherwise. Any account of human evolution that involves intervention makes assumptions not required by the data and are therefore unparsimonious and inelegant.

Aidenkai wrote:
I think that is where atheists fall short in debunking religious criteria. Why, if you going to use historical accounts to debunk Jesus and the non-existence of a supernatural all powerful being, don't you bring into account the intervention of the Anunnaki to the Sumerian civilization? They TELL us how the world was created, which is substantiated by scientific proof.

The Sumerians have a creation story, but it does not come close to the truth. Many ancient peoples believed the earth was flat and covered by a solid dome made of wood, rock, or metal. The author of Ezekiel believed it to be made of crystal or ice. The author of Job seemed to believe it was made of metal. The Egyptians believed thunder resulted from a pounding against the metal firmament. Native Americans believed a warrior could tie a thread to an arrow and shoot it at the sky and then climb up the thread. The Sumerians were no different in this regard, mostly sharing the beliefs of the Babylonians who believed that Marduk split Tiamat in half like a shellfish, and from one half made the heavens (cf. Enuma Elish, Tablet IV, Lines 137-138). You cannot say the Sumerians knew how the world came about when they believed the atmosphere was surrounded by a hard shell.

Aidenkai wrote:
I just got done watching the debate between this websites organization and the Way of the Master, seen on, I am assuming, ABC sometime in the recent past, which is a direct result of how I came to this site. I noticed that NOTHING was brought up about the Sumerians. Why is this? I would think, if your going to debunk the bible, you HAVE to challenge religious people to where (other than god) this information originated. I mean, why for instance is god vengeful? Why is he many things that can be attributed to human characteristics? An all powerful being, would NOT have these attributes, BUT, an alien race, thought to be god or gods by primitive man, WOULD.

An advanced species of extraterrestrials probably would have such emotions, but so would the concepts that result from plain imagination. A consequence of our evolution by natural selection is that we are hard-wired for survival, not for truth. Truth is tangentially related to survival, so we can have some confidence in our perceptions and what-not, but truth-seeking and survival-assurance are not one and the same. The difference is made most clear in our cognitive bias to see intentionality behind things. When we take a walk at night and we hear the rustling of the leaves, our cognitive bias has us jump to the conclusion that there is an animal behind the leaves with an intention of doing us harm. This cognitive bias can easily lead to animism, polytheism, henotheism, and then monotheism. In addition, the unmistakable fact that the world is both good and bad from a perspective of human wellness would easily lend itself to the cognitive bias to effectively clothe these superstitions with good and bad emotions. This explanation of things is more parsimonious and elegant than what you put forward.

Aidenkai wrote:
They possibly have these attributes and may have passed them on to us.

This assertion is not just inelegant and unparsimonious but a form of anthropocentrism that contradicts established biology. Love, hate, and all of the other basic emotions existed in other animals long before our species came into existence. The only way to avoid the contradiction in what you just said is to have extraterrestrials tinkering with the genetic code of tens of thousands of species to make it appear that animals evolved the basic emotions long before our species came into existence when they actually did not. That would be the New Age equivalent of a fundamentalist Christian trying to undermine the idea of human evolution by arguing that the fossils were planted by Satan. Such an argument cannot be sustained.

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:Aidenkai,

BobSpence1 wrote:

Aidenkai, would it be true to say that most of the posters on your site are generally inclined to accept the AAT position?

Do you get many sceptics on there?

Could it be that you had gotten way too comfortable with your theories, and your reaction here is at least partly due to you not being accustomed to having possible weaknesses pointed out to you?

Looking through what the Sumerians did, and what they left behind, I would honestly have expected far more things to mark them out from other civilizations of the time if they really had had extensive contact with space-travellers.

For example, why didn't their visitors help them set up a more advanced system of agriculture than the irrigation system which eventually lead to their decline, due to the build-up of salinity?

Did they record somewhere the distance to the Sun, an accurate diameter of the Earth, distance to the Moon, IOW some really fundamental data on the Solar System which really would have been hard for them to work out without some outside help? Rather than some dots on a small plate which can be interpreted in many ways.

Response incoming.

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:Do you know

Aidenkai wrote:
Do you know what it takes to claim you are an astronomer? You go out to a store and buy a telescope, memorize the planets names and look at them. THAT'S IT.

I do know what it takes to be an astronomer. That standard is a bit higher than your example. The last telescope I used was the 300 m Arecibo telescope, not exactly something I could go out and buy.

Aidenkai wrote:
Whether or not you are in the field of study is in question. If your not, you shouldn't speak. If you are, then you should know, that ANYONE who finds something "out of the norm of terrestial thinking" would be contacted and silenced so to not let confidential information spread to the public. You do not know, what the governments of the world has kept from us. Yet you all make HUGE claims that this is not factial information in regards to AAT.

So you're skeptical that I am what I claim to be. Good! It's good to be skeptical. Now, if I am not an astronomer, you can overwhelm me with your evidence for your claims, and I would have to confess that I don't know enough to discuss it. If I am an astronomer, I will be able to follow the evidence and you will thus be able to convince me you're right. Either way, actually presenting the scientific evidence will be a win for you. If it's any good of course. Also note that my concerns are about astronomy, not about AAT. The astronomical concerns must be addressed before you can even begin to speculate about AAT.

Aidenkai wrote:
They (Sumerians) described in detail Neptune and Uranus, which was confirmed by our satellites.

Yeah you claimed that already, and I already asked where the evidence for the claim is. So where is it? What tablets? How were they translated? What details were described? What observations confirmed it?

Aidenkai wrote:
Answer to question: "What does "described 2 of our planets in our solar system exactly" mean, exactly?"

Look it up for more detail.

Seriously? That's an answer in your book? It's the even less specific equivalent of some bible thumper saying "It's in the bible! Read it!" when asked to back something up. I expect more. Where is the answer published? Don't be afraid to reference science books and journals, my university library is pretty awesome.

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
Renee Obsidianwords

Renee Obsidianwords wrote:
Blake, you owe me ..something?

I thought he'd come back too; I would have taken you up on a bet if you'd said he'd stay away.  I think our posts got deleted, though, so I never replied.

However, since we had a miscommunication, maybe you do deserve a consolation prize.
Perhaps we can come to something in terms of immortal souls.

Aidenkai wrote:

I will agree that I was overally anxious to claim things that despite some people's opinions, I do know this stuff isnt exact 100% proof, I am sorry I claimed that in some of my posts.

Your apology is accepted, at least by me, and probably most people here.

Aidenkai wrote:

Most of these was defending instead of explaining, so it came off differently then what I would so choose to do.

I understand that.  Try not to take it personally.

Aidenkai wrote:

You know, if I wasn't attacked from the very start, and was come at in a different way, this forum post would have been much different[...]But I believe I am not the only one at fault for getting off to the wrong foot. If you look back at others posts, there is complete denial of what I was talking about, and even called "bullshit" and "not possible" quite a few times.

Yeah, but the thing is that you came out swinging, and attacking several atheists in your first post (namely Brian and Kelly).  Their debate with those nutters wasn't perfect, but it was probably largely because they weren't prepared for the curve ball of repeated and blatant rule-breaking on the part of the opposition (most of it ended up being about those rules, and how the Christians kept breaking them).

You can't blatantly attack some of the core founders of a community and not expect a little bit of hostility.

mellestad wrote:

Why don't you start a new thread and begin again?

This is a good idea.

mellestad wrote:

We've got people on here who make claims about universal consciousness, mind reading, OOB experiences, Jesus,  magic, libertarianism(haha), all manner of woo-woo, etc...you can discuss anything here.

Hey!  That was under the belt, sir!

mellestad wrote:
if your belief isn't a religion, don't defend it like a theist, defend it like a rationalist or scientist.

Very well said.

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
Visual_Paradox

Visual_Paradox wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:
Now if you want to add in what was written by previous civilizations, we were on an evolutionary path, until an alien intervention, recorded by the first people to create writing and first recorded history as well as many other things we still use today.

The combined circumstances of the environment and genetics of Homonoidea would have resulted in modern Homo sapiens without the intervention of any conscious being, god or otherwise. Any account of human evolution that involves intervention makes assumptions not required by the data and are therefore unparsimonious and inelegant.

Aidenkai wrote:

The Sumerians have a creation story, but it does not come close to the truth. Many ancient peoples believed the earth was flat and covered by a solid dome made of wood, rock, or metal. The author of Ezekiel believed it to be made of crystal or ice. The author of Job seemed to believe it was made of metal. The Egyptians believed thunder resulted from a pounding against the metal firmament. Native Americans believed a warrior could tie a thread to an arrow and shoot it at the sky and then climb up the thread. The Sumerians were no different in this regard, mostly sharing the beliefs of the Babylonians who believed that Marduk split Tiamat in half like a shellfish, and from one half made the heavens (cf. Enuma Elish, Tablet IV, Lines 137-138). You cannot say the Sumerians knew how the world came about when they believed the atmosphere was surrounded by a hard shell.

Aidenkai wrote:
I just got done watching the debate between this websites organization and the Way of the Master, seen on, I am assuming, ABC sometime in the recent past, which is a direct result of how I came to this site. I noticed that NOTHING was brought up about the Sumerians. Why is this? I would think, if your going to debunk the bible, you HAVE to challenge religious people to where (other than god) this information originated. I mean, why for instance is god vengeful? Why is he many things that can be attributed to human characteristics? An all powerful being, would NOT have these attributes, BUT, an alien race, thought to be god or gods by primitive man, WOULD.

An advanced species of extraterrestrials probably would have such emotions, but so would the concepts that result from plain imagination. A consequence of our evolution by natural selection is that we are hard-wired for survival, not for truth. Truth is tangentially related to survival, so we can have some confidence in our perceptions and what-not, but truth-seeking and survival-assurance are not one and the same. The difference is made most clear in our cognitive bias to see intentionality behind things. When we take a walk at night and we hear the rustling of the leaves, our cognitive bias has us jump to the conclusion that there is an animal behind the leaves with an intention of doing us harm. This cognitive bias can easily lead to animism, polytheism, henotheism, and then monotheism. In addition, the unmistakable fact that the world is both good and bad from a perspective of human wellness would easily lend itself to the cognitive bias to effectively clothe these superstitions with good and bad emotions. This explanation of things is more parsimonious and elegant than what you put forward.

Aidenkai wrote:

This assertion is not just inelegant and unparsimonious but a form of anthropocentrism that contradicts established biology. Love, hate, and all of the other basic emotions existed in other animals long before our species came into existence. The only way to avoid the contradiction in what you just said is to have extraterrestrials tinkering with the genetic code of tens of thousands of species to make it appear that animals evolved the basic emotions long before our species came into existence when they actually did not. That would be the New Age equivalent of a fundamentalist Christian trying to undermine the idea of human evolution by arguing that the fossils were planted by Satan. Such an argument cannot be sustained.

While I agree with you that many ancient people believed many different things, the Sumerians are set apart from them simply because modern archeology and astronomy and science are now beginning to determine things that the Sumerians told us in there tablets about 6000 years ago. That is what you people are forgetting. I am not claiming this one civilization is right, JUST because they wrote it down (FIRST), they are varifying things today that tell exactly what they knew thousands of years ago. Do you understand what I mean? I hope so. Don't ask, go research it for yourself. I don't have enough time or energy to relay EVERYTHING to you. Knowledge is power, get some. Instead you don't and make fantastic claims. It seems you do know a little bit about the Sumerians, but do you actually know some of the stuff that has been varified and re-learned in today's age that came from them, that I will now say THEY COULD NOT HAVE KNOWN without outside intervention. You put a lot into evolution, but if you look at the neanderthals for instance, they were a much older, and lasted much longer than homo-sapiens, yet in the 400,000 year evolution of the neanderthal did they ever get smart all of the sudden, yet for homo-sapiens, we got smart, in terms of evolution, PRACTICALLY OVERNIGHT! That does not happen, no matter how many theories you want to come up with. Scientists try and come up with and are PAID to come up with theories to justify a terrestrial explanation, because its the norm and people can deal with it, anything outside the box, would never be supported because it doesn't fit the norm of society. People aren't ready to hear that "god" was an alien, that the earth was created because of an alien planet being pulled into our system. This would throw the world into chaos. So it is kept a secret. Wake up.

I bet you people don't know this. What was the first thing our military force did when we entered Iraq when this war began? Don't know? I will tell you. We went the Iraq historical museum and stole all of there Sumerian artifacts, and I am not talking about the ones on display, I am talking about the ones that they had under lock and key, with guards. Now why would we do that? Answer that question for yourself, but too me, I think its pretty self explanatory.

To compare the Sumerians with any other culture of that time, is like comparing our modern technology with those of the tribes around the world that are disconnected from us, people who still live in huts and live like our indian ancestors of 700 years ago. There is no comparison. Sumerians, invented the Wheel. Invented Astronomy. Astrology. Agriculture. Government. Religion. Science. Schools. Roads. The first writing system. The first people to record history. How do you compare them to other cultures? That is idiotic. Nice try though. Much better than " Its All Bullshit" theory that others tried.

Aiden

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:I will agree

Aidenkai wrote:

I will agree that I was overally anxious to claim things that despite some people's opinions, I do know this stuff isnt exact 100% proof, I am sorry I claimed that in some of my posts.

Finally!!!  Ok now a real conversation can be had.

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:I bet you

Aidenkai wrote:

I bet you people don't know this. What was the first thing our military force did when we entered Iraq when this war began? Don't know? I will tell you. We went the Iraq historical museum and stole all of there Sumerian artifacts, and I am not talking about the ones on display, I am talking about the ones that they had under lock and key, with guards. Now why would we do that? Answer that question for yourself, but too me, I think its pretty self explanatory.

Hmmm.  Interesting, is there any record of this?

Ps:  You might want to quit it with the "you people" shit and such comments, you aupologized and "us people" are trying very hard ot give you chance, you don't want to start the slippery slope back to your old ways, right! 

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai

Aidenkai wrote:

Visual_Paradox wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

While I agree with you that many ancient people believed many different things, the Sumerians are set apart from them simply because modern archeology and astronomy and science are now beginning to determine things that the Sumerians told us in there tablets about 6000 years ago. That is what you people are forgetting. I am not claiming this one civilization is right, JUST because they wrote it down (FIRST), they are varifying things today that tell exactly what they knew thousands of years ago. Do you understand what I mean? I hope so. Don't ask, go research it for yourself. I don't have enough time or energy to relay EVERYTHING to you. Knowledge is power, get some. Instead you don't and make fantastic claims. It seems you do know a little bit about the Sumerians, but do you actually know some of the stuff that has been varified and re-learned in today's age that came from them, that I will now say THEY COULD NOT HAVE KNOWN without outside intervention. You put a lot into evolution, but if you look at the neanderthals for instance, they were a much older, and lasted much longer than homo-sapiens, yet in the 400,000 year evolution of the neanderthal did they ever get smart all of the sudden, yet for homo-sapiens, we got smart, in terms of evolution, PRACTICALLY OVERNIGHT! That does not happen, no matter how many theories you want to come up with. Scientists try and come up with and are PAID to come up with theories to justify a terrestrial explanation, because its the norm and people can deal with it, anything outside the box, would never be supported because it doesn't fit the norm of society. People aren't ready to hear that "god" was an alien, that the earth was created because of an alien planet being pulled into our system. This would throw the world into chaos. So it is kept a secret. Wake up.

To compare the Sumerians with any other culture of that time, is like comparing our modern technology with those of the tribes around the world that are disconnected from us, people who still live in huts and live like our indian ancestors of 700 years ago. There is no comparison. Sumerians, invented the Wheel. Invented Astronomy. Astrology. Agriculture. Government. Religion. Science. Schools. Roads. The first writing system. The first people to record history. How do you compare them to other cultures? That is idiotic. Nice try though. Much better than " Its All Bullshit" theory that others tried.

Aiden

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

I think the conversation is coming to an end, not beginning again? I am not sure what more I can say without spending hours upon hours, researching this information again to justify my AAT theories. I will also admit that I have enough knowledge to know know this information is viable in the "where did man come from" discussion, but I myself am still learning. By admitting I am still learning, does not mean, despite what you think, I have no knowledge of this stuff. But I am can only answer your questions to the level of my knowledge, but that doesn't mean its not true, or not out there for you to find out for yourself. I have been posed many questions in regards to things I have brought to this forum, however, like I said, I cannot answer them all, BUT that doesn't mean you won, that means, I don't honestly know, but the answer does exist.

Aiden

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

Ps:  You might want to quit it with the "you people" shit and such comments, you aupologized and "us people" are trying very hard ot give you chance, you don't want to start the slippery slope back to your old ways, right! 

How would you like me to state who I am talking too? Clearly we are different.

hmmmm

my old ways, i can admit when I step out of bounds, Can anyone else? Clearly I am not the only one who has done that here. However, I am the same person. I have not changed.

Aiden

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:Aidenkai

mellestad wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

Visual_Paradox wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

Aiden

While this is kinda funny, you can clearly see how it does not show respect. Not that I have earned it yet, or even that I am trying, but still come on, this is like third grade. But clearly funny if it wasn't about me.

Aiden

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:While this is

Aidenkai wrote:

While this is kinda funny, you can clearly see how it does not denote respect. Not that I have earned it yet, or even that I am trying, but still come on, this is like third grade. But clearly funny if it wasn't about me.

Aiden

I posted that because you just made a string of factual claims without even linking to a wiki article, much less linking to authoritative sources for your claims.  You didn't even explain in detail what your claims were, you just said, "Assert, assert, assert, assert, I'm right."

I wouldn't normally care but you are making a habit of claiming something is true without backing it up.  That isn't good enough.  You are making very specific and monumental claims about reality but you seem unable or unwilling to even cite authoritative sources, much less defend your belief personally.

If you are going to make claims like this you need to know enough information to defend them.  If you don't know enough to defend them, how can you possibly justify your belief that they are true?  Past that, you've given limited reason for me to respect your truth claims.  I don't care (much) that you think something is true, I don't hold you as an intellectual authority...so you need to show evidence.  You've been asked very specific questions by others in this thread, you might start by answering them and thereby gain some respect.

If you can't answer the questions maybe you should do some soul searching as to why you believe in such an extraordinary claim.

Sinphanius
Sinphanius's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hmmm....

So, as you refuse to cite your sources or provide even basic links to where this information can be provided, it is probably safe to assume you didn't actually come here to exchange knowledge, or if you did, you are doing a pretty poor job of it.

If you came here to argue your point, you are also doing a pretty poor job of that, mostly stemming from your problems stated above.

So why are you here?

I look forward to a calm and collected response with reasoned arguments for why my above points are incorrect.

P.S. That little drawing on the tablet which is supposedly the brilliantly advanced representation of our solar system is about as accurate as This Medieval Map of the World.  We are not given  any indication of what each circle is meant to represent, they are not in the correct number, order or proportion such that the larger 'planet's are closer to the sun, all of the circles which you claim are planets are both far too close to the central circle and far too close to each other, many of them drawn such that they share the same orbital path, and there are no measurements associated with them.  I thus fail to see how this is at all impressive.  Plus, why is the 'sun' on a six pointed star?  To me, it looks like a picture of the Earth on a six pointed star pedestal with the lights of the sky arranged around it.

When you say it like that you make it sound so Sinister...

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Ok i'm sorry i just

Ok i'm sorry i just completely give up, I don't understand at all I think this guy is completely incoherant, can anyone make any sense of this reply to me???  I say these 2 things:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

And

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

And your response was:

Aidenkai wrote:

I think the conversation is coming to an end, not beginning again? I am not sure what more I can say without spending hours upon hours, researching this information again to justify my AAT theories. I will also admit that I have enough knowledge to know know this information is viable in the "where did man come from" discussion, but I myself am still learning. By admitting I am still learning, does not mean, despite what you think, I have no knowledge of this stuff. But I am can only answer your questions to the level of my knowledge, but that doesn't mean its not true, or not out there for you to find out for yourself. I have been posed many questions in regards to things I have brought to this forum, however, like I said, I cannot answer them all, BUT that doesn't mean you won, that means, I don't honestly know, but the answer does exist.

WTF??? Ok you definetly no speaka-englash.  I just don't understand you atall, you are either doing this on purpose or you are really spaced out dude.  Your just ranting for absolutely no reason.  I except your aupology, and ask you 1 question because I found the claim interesting, and this is what you write, this is just wierd!!!  I'm just asking and your acting like some frantic and anxious conspiracy theorist, which is all your painting yourself out be.  Just calm the f*** down, awnser peoples questions who don't know as much as you on the issue, isn't that what your here for.  You know, forget it you'll just write some chicken little message back that had absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote.  Lata 

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:Ok

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Ok i'm sorry i just completely give up, I don't understand at all I think this guy is completely incoherant, can anyone make any sense of this reply to me???  I say these 2 things:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

And

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

And your response was:

Aidenkai wrote:

WTF??? Ok you definetly no speaka-englash.  I just don't understand you atall, you are either doing this on purpose or you are really spaced out dude.  Your just ranting for absolutely no reason.  I except your aupology, and ask you 1 question because I found the claim interesting, and this is what you write, this is just wierd!!!  I'm just asking and your acting like some frantic and anxious conspiracy theorist, which is all your painting yourself out be.  Just calm the f*** down, awnser peoples questions who don't know as much as you on the issue, isn't that what your here for.  You know, forget it you'll just write some chicken little message back that had absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote.  Lata 

Besides, if I believed in "AAT" I would hope I'd be perfectly willing to spend 'hours' researching the theories.  I hope I'd be willing to spend that time before someone asked me a question. 

"that means, I don't honestly know, but the answer does exist."  <-- If this isn't faith, I don't know what is.

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sinphanius wrote:So, as you

Sinphanius wrote:

So, as you refuse to cite your sources or provide even basic links to where this information can be provided, it is probably safe to assume you didn't actually come here to exchange knowledge, or if you did, you are doing a pretty poor job of it.

If you came here to argue your point, you are also doing a pretty poor job of that, mostly stemming from your problems stated above.

So why are you here?

I look forward to a calm and collected response with reasoned arguments for why my above points are incorrect.

P.S. That little drawing on the tablet which is supposedly the brilliantly advanced representation of our solar system is about as accurate as This Medieval Map of the World.  We are not given  any indication of what each circle is meant to represent, they are not in the correct number, order or proportion such that the larger 'planet's are closer to the sun, all of the circles which you claim are planets are both far too close to the central circle and far too close to each other, many of them drawn such that they share the same orbital path, and there are no measurements associated with them.  I thus fail to see how this is at all impressive.  Plus, why is the 'sun' on a six pointed star?  To me, it looks like a picture of the Earth on a six pointed star pedestal with the lights of the sky arranged around it.

Alright why dont we do this. Ask me a question. I will research it and try to find the best answer. You have to realize. No matter what information I find for you. There is always going to be an opposing theory. So it is in the end up to what you think and believe it is, based on both opposing sides.

Starting over: First question please?

Aiden

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote: Starting

Aidenkai wrote:

Aiden

Is there any record of the American army taking secret sumarian artifacts out of Iraq soon after occupation?

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

Aiden

Is there any record of the American army taking secret sumarian artifacts out of Iraq soon after occupation?

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=United+States+Army+taking+Ancient+Artifacts+from+Iraq&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatnews/7322965/US-returns-historical-artifacts-to-Iraq.html

I have to say I havent had time to find exactly what you are wanting, but these 3 sites, do justify that ALOT of artifacts were stolen. But these have to do with them being given back, I don't expect to still find what I read about a year ago in regards to US stealing them specifically, but the fact that I have found these 2 sites, confirms that it DID happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq_5CLHuwZs&feature=player_embedded#!

Aiden

Ps. I will try and find more. Maybe you could look as well. Narrow the search if more people look for it. But I doubt we will find something that our government has done in a bad light.

Next question?

100percentAtheist
atheist
100percentAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Aiden, Please stop

Aiden,

Please stop bossing everyone on this forum and produce just one bloody citation!!!

100%

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
100percentAtheist

100percentAtheist wrote:

Aiden,

Please stop bossing everyone on this forum and produce just one bloody citation!!!

100%

DUDE!

Maybe you should scroll up and read. I am not bossing anyone around. We are starting over. I can't answer multiple questions at once, so I am doing one question at a time. CHILL!

Aiden

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:Next

Aidenkai wrote:

Next question?

Aiden,

You did not answer the question nor produced any citation to support your claim that American army purposely and secretly stolen Sumerian artifacts after the Irag invasion.  

Unless you completely made up your statement, you should have received it from some source.  WHAT IS YOUR SOURCE?

100%

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai

So I read the main articles and watched the video.  As the story goes it was local looters that took the artifacts and vandalized the museum.  Over 15000 artifacts were stolen.  A few of these looters were caught by us officials trying to smuggle some of the artifacts and a few thousand were returned to the proper Iraqi authoroties.  Most of the artifacts had nothing to do with the sumerians or anything related and ofcourse the other 90% of the stolen artifacts are out their on the street bought by private collectors and such.  So if what you are saying is true the american government would have to be in cahoots with the dozens of local looters that stole the artifacts.   

Aidenkai wrote:

I don't expect to still find what I read about a year ago in regards to US stealing them specifically, but the fact that I have found these 2 sites, confirms that it DID happen.

No it does not, all it proves is that a bunch of local looters vandalized and robbed the museum, some of the loot was then recovered by the us governement and returned, that's it.  Keep looking I would like to see something more conclusive about your claim, this shows nothing. 

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

So I read the main articles and watched the video.  As the story goes it was local looters that took the artifacts and vandalized the museum.  Over 15000 artifacts were stolen.  A few of these looters were caught by us officials trying to smuggle some of the artifacts and a few thousand were returned to the proper Iraqi authoroties.  Most of the artifacts had nothing to do with sumeria or anything related and ofcourse the other 90% of the stolen artifacts are out their on the street bought by private collectors and such.  So if what you are saying is true the american government would have to be in cahoots with the dozens of local looters that stole the artifacts.   

Aidenkai wrote:

I don't expect to still find what I read about a year ago in regards to US stealing them specifically, but the fact that I have found these 2 sites, confirms that it DID happen.

No it does not, all it proves is that a bunch of local looters vandalized and robbed the museum, some of the loot was then recovered by the us governement and returned, that's it.  Keep looking I would like to see something more conclusive about your claim, this shows nothing. 

While I would agree with you, my claim is this, and once again your going to ask me to conclusively prove something I can't without knowing government confidential reports. Let me ask you something, do you believe your government on EVERYTHING they tell you? DO you really believe that they COULDN'T steal this stuff secretly for a reason? Do you really think that they would come out with this information to the public if they did? Do you believe they have the power to hush it?

The fact that I found something on it at all, and it WAS in US hands, should be enough proof in itself. But there is that % thing again, nothing I put forth is going to be 100% concrete. So it is based on what you believe. I believe that we got what we got, and gave back what was not important.

Aiden

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:While I would

Aidenkai wrote:

While I would agree with you, my claim is this, and once again your going to ask me to conclusively prove something I can't without knowing government confidential reports. Let me ask you something, do you believe your government on EVERYTHING they tell you? DO you really believe that they COULDN'T steal this stuff secretly for a reason? Do you really think that they would come out with this information to the public if they did? Do you believe they have the power to hush it?

The fact that I found something on it at all, and it WAS in US hands, should be enough proof in itself. But there is that % thing again, nothing I put forth is going to be 100% concrete. So it is based on what you believe. I believe that we got what we got, and gave back what was not important.

Aiden

So you admit that you completely made up your story.  BTW, I didn't get it, why should we believe YOU more than anybody else???  

100%

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
100percentAtheist

100percentAtheist wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

Next question?

Aiden,

You did not answer the question nor produced any citation to support your claim that American army purposely and secretly stolen Sumerian artifacts after the Irag invasion.  

Unless you completely made up your statement, you should have received it from some source.  WHAT IS YOUR SOURCE?

100%

Like I said, this was something I read about a year or 2 back, while at the time I didn't really think about it, I met someone also like minded about Sumerians and such, and he actually brought this up too me, without me hinting or saying ANYTHING about it. Once again, 100% proof is not gonna be there, there are always variables when talking about the US government. Unless your completely nieve about what things we are told being true or false, you would be able to see past the actual statement and defer to the possibility that it did happen simply because of the three sites confirming 2 things 1. artifacts were stolen, at the same time of the invasion. and 2. The US was involved and did have possession of the items.

Aiden

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
100percentAtheist

100percentAtheist wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

Aiden

So you admit that you completely made up your story.  BTW, I didn't get it, why should we believe YOU more than anybody else???  

100%

NO I did not make this story up. WHy would I. How would that justify in any way, my theories. I could easily justify more important factual evidence to support my claims.

Aiden

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:While I would

Aidenkai wrote:

Ofcourse they could, ofcourse the government conceils all kinds of things, but in such cases I suspend my judgement untill solid evidence is given or else I have to believe every governement cover-up conspiracy theory, and there are oodles of them, far too many to research into.  So YOU are here claiming what you say is true.  Does the thought not cross your mind that when you so arrogantly start a sentence with "You people may not know this"  followed by a very specific claim we jjjjjjjust might ask you to prove what you are saying is true?  Did that not occure to you at all?

Aidenkai wrote:

Aiden

Right you BELEIVE it, for what seems to be no other good reason that it fits in your consiracy theory.  I'm not saying it's not true, but there is obviously no solid evidence for what you have claimed here, I don't see anything at all pointing to what you are claiming.  If you are going to represent this claim as true based on the information available you should in theory believe about a million other government conspiracy theories many with much more substancial evidence to support them than this.   

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
OMFG, why do I even care to

OMFG, why do I even care to try and bring some knowledge of our true history if no one will listen unless an it plops down right in front of your face. I will say it again, there is never going to be absolutes when discussing these topics. You have to speculate at some point in time. When the obvious is the best answer, you go with that, until it is proven wrong. THAT IS EXACTLY what your so called scientists do every day. You believe in theories based on evolution, but there is NO actual 100% proof that thats the way it happened.

I will catch up with all of this tomorrow this is once again giving me a headache, and I am starting to realize exactly what the people from my other forum said. You don't claim to need 100% proof of your own theories to believe them, but with anyone else you expect 100% absolutes and there are always gonna be variables to any situation that doesn't. I have now said this a few times, do you not read this or something?

On many different things I have claimed, I have shown circumstantial proof that would hold up in any court of law, whether you choose to believe it or not, is up to you, but once again I get the ole, U CAN'T PROVE IT, so its not true.

Aiden

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:NO I did not

Aidenkai wrote:

NO I did not make this story up. WHy would I. How would that justify in any way, my theories. I could easily justify more important factual evidence to support my claims.

Aiden

Aiden,

None of us (i think) expects 100% solid facts.  But you are not referring to 50% or even 25% of facts when you are presenting your theories.  If you do so and you are admitting that they are your theories, we DO need "important factual evidence" to conclude that you are not just making them up.

Also, please do not ask me to believe you more than any other person or a group of people of your choice (like the government).

100% 

Edit:  Actually, I believe government more than you.  Also, I will NOT speculate about government, I know very well (unfortunately) how the government can make your life miserable.

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:OMFG, why do

Aidenkai wrote:

OMFG, why do I even care to try and bring some knowledge of our true history if no one will listen unless an it plops down right in front of your face. I will say it again, there is never going to be absolutes when discussing these topics. You have to speculate at some point in time. When the obvious is the best answer, you go with that, until it is proven wrong. THAT IS EXACTLY what your so called scientists do every day. You believe in theories based on evolution, but there is NO actual 100% proof that thats the way it happened.

I will catch up with all of this tomorrow this is once again giving me a headache, and I am starting to realize exactly what the people from my other forum said. You don't claim to need 100% proof of your own theories to believe them, but with anyone else you expect 100% absolutes and there are always gonna be variables to any situation that doesn't. I have now said this a few times, do you not read this or something?

Aiden

In our entire converstion I have asked you only 1 question to give some form of evidence for and there was none.  Now if we had had or go on to have a conversation in which you show me MANY of your claims are substanciated by evidence THEN we can speculate on the others.  I'm trying here, I was really hoping there was atleast some suspiscion about the us' invovlement with the stolen artifacts like there is suspiscion of the us goverment covering up events in roswell, or the jfk assasination etc...  Atleast with these conspiracy theories there are bountiful amounts of information, insider stories and all kinds of fun stuff we can look at.  Here there is nothing.  I don't expect 100% evidence to consider the truth of claims, I do however expect SOME evidence pointing me to SOMETHING, we can then investigate further, but at first it has to make sense and have some solid base in facts.  And your right, scientist are big speculators, but they speculate with a base of information and fact, then they move forward.  They don't just make things up, if a scientist says "You people might not know this but" and then makes a colourful claim, the scientific community and the public then demand evidence of his claim or alteast some base facts that would lead us to believe it is true, or would lead others to discover for themselves it is true.  

I've told you once and I'll tell you again, I can easily entertain the idea you are right about alien intervention.  This is me entertaining the thought, I'm asking questions about your claims, and so far you haven't presented anything other than a clip about some looters.    

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
While the Sumerian cuneiform

While the Sumerian cuneiform script is generally acknowledged to be the earliest form of true writing, Egyptian hieroglyphs were not much later, and there is no clear evidence they were strongly influenced by the Sumerians. It is thought that Chinese and Meso-Americans (Olmecs) developed forms of writing independently. They are all fairly different.

There was certainly some interchange between cultures across the world, which would explain why once one culture hit on any early form of writing, or just symbols, the idea was taken up in local variants over a relatively short period in geological time. Individual signs, 'pre-writing', appeared in China and Europe 8000-9000 years ago, may have been used for 'labelling' the pots on which some of it was found. The development of ideas is a form of cultural evolution, not dependent on DNA changes, apart from the slow increase of capability that was probably still proceeding under selection pressure. Cultural evolution can proceed far faster than genetic evolution, but it is dependent on an effective mechanism for passing on new ideas, which writing itself provides.

These things frequently involve a threshhold, a minimum level of raw capability below which nothing is ever likely to happen, but above which possibilities multiply. So arguments that Neanderthals never developed such skills do not prove that we needed something external simply aren't very strong, since we know they were significantly different from us in enough details to account for the fact that they didn't reach that discovery. Although it does appear now that they were sufficiently close to us genetically to successfully interbreed, according to new genetic studies.

There is no need to posit alien intervention to explain why Sumerian civilization 'suddenly' developed these capabilities. It was the invention of writing itself which dramatically assisted the development of all the other things you quote. We no longer had to rely on our memory to pass things on and record new knowledge, so it could build far more effectively from generation to generation.

To repeat, there were earlier signs of the precursors to writing, in widely different locations. So it didn't really emerge as suddenly as you claim. But once it did, things really started to happen.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:OMFG, why do

Aidenkai wrote:

On many different things I have claimed, I have shown circumstantial proof that would hold up in any court of law, whether you choose to believe it or not, is up to you, but once again I get the ole, U CAN'T PROVE IT, so its not true.

Aiden

Quote:
I have shown circumstantial proof that would hold up in any court of law,

Is this a carry over argument from your Christian days? We've gotten that from Christians too.

"The Bible would hold up in a court of law"

Yea, you'd both be right if it were a kangaroo court and the jury and lawyers and judge were all pulled from your conspiracy camp.

I can prove invisible  pink unicorns are real if I load the court with it's fans. Doesn't make invisible pink unicorns real.

No one is being mean to you here, we are merely being blunt. Your sources are no different to us that the sources Christians use to prop up their pseudo science or when Muslims try the same thing. Universally accepted science is not myth based or conspiracy based. If you really had something, why isn't it being taught in science labs in universities?

I'll tell you why. Just like believers in Jesus, you merely latched onto something because it sounded good to you. That is all that is going on here.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:While I agree

Aidenkai wrote:
While I agree with you that many ancient people believed many different things, the Sumerians are set apart from them simply because modern archeology and astronomy and science are now beginning to determine things that the Sumerians told us in there tablets about 6000 years ago. That is what you people are forgetting. I am not claiming this one civilization is right, JUST because they wrote it down (FIRST), they are varifying things today that tell exactly what they knew thousands of years ago. Do you understand what I mean? I hope so. Don't ask, go research it for yourself. I don't have enough time or energy to relay EVERYTHING to you. Knowledge is power, get some. Instead you don't and make fantastic claims. It seems you do know a little bit about the Sumerians, but do you actually know some of the stuff that has been varified and re-learned in today's age that came from them, that I will now say THEY COULD NOT HAVE KNOWN without outside intervention.

About nine years ago, I had a crisis of faith that led to the complete collapse of my entire worldview. Afterward, I read anything and everything I could get my hands on: texts on Buddhism, ufology, atheism, particle physics, Theosophy, climatology, astral projection, archaeology, cryptozoology — you name it, I have probably read a good amount about it. I know about the supposed feats of the Sumerians as argued for by the so-called alternative archaeologists. Their arguments tend to be inelegant, unparsimonious, built on counter-factuals, and derived from fallacy. I was unimpressed and I remain unimpressed.

You seem to have plenty of time and energy to craft lengthy responses to tell me that you don't have the time or energy to craft lengthy responses, so color me skeptical in that regard as well. In your response, there is an utter lack of specificity: "determine things", "verifying things", "some of the stuff". This is not a debate about whether I should clean my room or not, where it would be appropriate to talk about things and stuff. If you want to hash out an argument about the proper interpretation of archeological data, then be specific — express clearly what your conclusion is, what your premises are, what steps of reasoning were used to go from the premises to the conclusion, and cite whatever materials would be relevant to the argument. Tell me one thing they knew that could not have been known without outside intervention and tell me how you know they knew that — cite the tablets, cite the translation methodology, cite whatever you need to cite to substantiate your claim.

Aidenkai wrote:
You put a lot into evolution, but if you look at the neanderthals for instance, they were a much older, and lasted much longer than homo-sapiens, yet in the 400,000 year evolution of the neanderthal did they ever get smart all of the sudden, yet for homo-sapiens, we got smart, in terms of evolution, PRACTICALLY OVERNIGHT! That does not happen, no matter how many theories you want to come up with.

You cannot compare technologies as though they are pure indicators of intelligence without contradicting common sense. Intelligence is necessary but insufficient. Other factors come into play as well, such as sociality, language, leisure time, and more. These factors can greatly outweigh the influence of the slightly lower computational abilities. For example, suppose we have two cultures with the same population size in which the first culture has an average IQ of 100 but had three times as much leisure time as the other culture with an average IQ of 110. The first culture will almost certainly produce greater technological achievements. Your simplistic analysis of Neanderthals would have us conclude here that the first culture is smarter than the second, which is false.

Technology is not a pure indicator of intelligence. You need to put the technological achievements in their historical context. The technological achievements of neanderthals and primitive humans were much the same for the whole time they existed together. If you compare their tools, the Neanderthal tools were just as efficient in the use of resources to make the tools and just as efficient in doing the job they were made to do. Their tools were a bit better, actually. They even invented blades — our ancestors copied them. In the same historical context, the neanderthals are shown to possess an intelligence about equal with the intelligence of our ancestors.

The reason for the rapid rise of human technology is also related to historical context. There was technological stagnation in both humans and neanderthals due to the scarcity of resources produced by the cold climate as well as their competition against eachother for those resources. Neither species had much leisure time with which to put their intellects to greater use. Because the neanderthals went extinct near the end of the last ice age, we never got to see what they were truly capable of. If they lived today, it wouldn't surprise me at all that many of them would become scientists and mathematicians. Anyhow, when the struggle between the species ended and the ice age was coming to an end, the plants and animals became more and more abundant. The need for humans to live a nomadic lifestyle with near-constant hunting greatly diminished, which means a great increase in leisure time with which to put their intellects to greater use. With the invention of the very basic concepts of written language and mathematics, both of which centered around farming, and the invention of the wheel, which also centered around the trade of the food being grown, the leisure time increased even more, so their intellects could be put to even greater use. This repeating cycle produced a snowball effect that led to exponential increases in technology, hence the reason the technology seems to just pop into existence from thin air.

Humans did not get smart all of a sudden. There was no evolution at the end of the last ice age that greatly increased human smartness. Humans had the smarts long before then. The change of climate and the extinction of neanderthals simply allowed them to apply their smartness all of a sudden. The standard picture of archeology makes perfect sense of the technological advancement. The assumption of an intervening intelligence is not required by the data. Your proposal is unparsimonious and inelegant.

Aidenkai wrote:
Scientists try and come up with and are PAID to come up with theories to justify a terrestrial explanation, because its the norm and people can deal with it, anything outside the box, would never be supported because it doesn't fit the norm of society. People aren't ready to hear that "god" was an alien, that the earth was created because of an alien planet being pulled into our system. This would throw the world into chaos. So it is kept a secret. Wake up.

This sounds exactly like the conspiratorial garbage that racists peddle — you know what I mean, the kind that ends with "wake up white people!" When you start sounding like a conservative racist retard, it is time to make an appointment with a mental health professional. (For anyone else who would appreciate some mental health advice: beware of virgins bearing pamphlets.)

Aidenkai wrote:

There is no evidence that they invented astrology. Because earlier cultures did not have writing systems, we cannot say for certain whether they had astrological ideas as well. Your argument is based on the well-known fallacy of arguing that an absence of evidence is evidence of absence. In other words, you are using an argument from ignorance. Besides, attributing astrology to them does not help your argument.

Whether they invented religion depends on how you define religion. We know that there was a widely accepted form of shamanism in Botswana about 70,000 years ago that worshiped the python as a sacred animal. They even carved a large rock into a python with scales and everything that seemed to move when the light from fires danced upon its surface. There is a small entrenchment behind it where a shaman could hide himself and make it appear as though the snake itself were talking, and this entrenchment had a tunnel running through the hills behind the python, allowing the shaman to quietly sneak out. Over 13,000 artifacts have been recovered from the site. The indigenous people of Botswana, sometimes called bushmen, still consider the python a sacred animal. In fact, their creation myth depicts humankind as the children of the great python. It does not seem unreasonable to suspect that the people who engaged in rituals at the carved python also had the same idea. That would explain why the modern indigenous people have that belief and to explain why nearly all the religions from that hemisphere of the planet regard snakes as sly, cunning, wise, discerning, and so on.

I can quibble a bit more, but I am willing to let Sumeria have the honor for the rest of the things you mentioned. Nonetheless, it was completely natural from the standard view of archeology that they would be the ones to develop them because they lived in the fertile valley where farming was excellent as a result of the topography of the land in combination with the ending of the last ice age. All of these various lines of thought follow from the snowball effect I mentioned earlier.

But how can I compare them to other cultures? Exactly as I did compare them. It does not matter whether they were the first to come up with primitive ideas about astronomy, agriculture, and so on. None of that invalidates my objection. Examine their hymns and myths for yourself and you will see that my objection carries considerable weight. Here is how they conceived of the cosmos. In the beginning, there was the primeval sea (a notion echoed in Genesis 1). Within it, the heaven and earth were formed. The earth was a flat disk. The boundary between the heaven and the earth was a solid vault that was shaped like an upside-down bowl which rested on the earth. Between the boundary and the earth, there was wind (called "lil", hence "Enlil" was the God of Wind). The brighter portions of that wind made up the stars in addition to (1) the sun, (2) the moon, and (3-7) the five planets they knew about. These seven heavenly bodies is what give rise to the later notion of seven heavens, which depicted the firmament as being seven see-through vaults that spun various ways to make the heavenly bodies move about the atmosphere, which is what Ezekiel meant by wheels within wheels. (That's right, Ezekiel was not talking about aliens and he wasn't just spewing crazy-talk. He merely poeticized what was legitimate astronomy in his time.) They depicted the sun god (which was the sun itself) as passing through gates one on side of the horizon to enter the sky and then passing through gates on the other side of the horizon to enter the underworld, and these gates were guarded by people who were half-human and half-scorpion. Their writings make it abundantly clear that they were typical geocentrists who didn't have a clue as to how the world actually came about.

Sorry.

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I spent literally two

I spent literally two sleepless nights on my days off a long time ago when a Christian posted and elaborate post full of bible quotes to prop up his pseudo science. His claim was that the bible matched up with modern science. There was absolutely no method or formulas to back up anything he had claimed and on top of that his own bible quotes contradicted known science.

Being fooled by an elaborate argument is quite common all over the world. It is what got people to buy snake oil off of horse buggies. It is what allows tv preachers to sell holy water. It is what allows people to get credit cards with absurd interest rates. Pragmatism to be sure something is true by testing it often loses out to emotional appeal in our species. The "it sounds good, so it must be true" is a powerful draw and easy to fall prey to.

You simply fell for slick marketing. Would you believe a Scientologist with their claims if they couldn't replicate or faslify their claims and have them independently varified?

You have failed to SHOW your methodology and mechanisms and are solely basing it on the word of fans. Things that can be proven to be true don't need fans and those who value empirical testing don't get upset when the tires are kicked and their starting points are based on mountains of data and not myth.

You really are not doing anything different than we have seen from Christian or Muslim apologists. You simply have your own pet whim you are trying to protect. The truth is not protected, it is tested and verified.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
Visual_Paradox

Visual_Paradox wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:
While I agree with you that many ancient people believed many different things, the Sumerians are set apart from them simply because modern archeology and astronomy and science are now beginning to determine things that the Sumerians told us in there tablets about 6000 years ago. That is what you people are forgetting. I am not claiming this one civilization is right, JUST because they wrote it down (FIRST), they are varifying things today that tell exactly what they knew thousands of years ago. Do you understand what I mean? I hope so. Don't ask, go research it for yourself. I don't have enough time or energy to relay EVERYTHING to you. Knowledge is power, get some. Instead you don't and make fantastic claims. It seems you do know a little bit about the Sumerians, but do you actually know some of the stuff that has been varified and re-learned in today's age that came from them, that I will now say THEY COULD NOT HAVE KNOWN without outside intervention.

About nine years ago, I had a crisis of faith that led to the complete collapse of my entire worldview. Afterward, I read anything and everything I could get my hands on: texts on Buddhism, ufology, atheism, particle physics, Theosophy, climatology, astral projection, archaeology, cryptozoology — you name it, I have probably read a good amount about it. I know about the supposed feats of the Sumerians as argued for by the so-called alternative archaeologists. Their arguments tend to be inelegant, unparsimonious, built on counter-factuals, and derived from fallacy. I was unimpressed and I remain unimpressed.

You seem to have plenty of time and energy to craft lengthy responses to tell me that you don't have the time or energy to craft lengthy responses, so color me skeptical in that regard as well. In your response, there is an utter lack of specificity: "determine things", "verifying things", "some of the stuff". This is not a debate about whether I should clean my room or not, where it would be appropriate to talk about things and stuff. If you want to hash out an argument about the proper interpretation of archeological data, then be specific — express clearly what your conclusion is, what your premises are, what steps of reasoning were used to go from the premises to the conclusion, and cite whatever materials would be relevant to the argument. Tell me one thing they knew that could not have been known without outside intervention and tell me how you know they knew that — cite the tablets, cite the translation methodology, cite whatever you need to cite to substantiate your claim.

Aidenkai wrote:
You put a lot into evolution, but if you look at the neanderthals for instance, they were a much older, and lasted much longer than homo-sapiens, yet in the 400,000 year evolution of the neanderthal did they ever get smart all of the sudden, yet for homo-sapiens, we got smart, in terms of evolution, PRACTICALLY OVERNIGHT! That does not happen, no matter how many theories you want to come up with.

You cannot compare technologies as though they are pure indicators of intelligence without contradicting common sense. Intelligence is necessary but insufficient. Other factors come into play as well, such as sociality, language, leisure time, and more. These factors can greatly outweigh the influence of the slightly lower computational abilities. For example, suppose we have two cultures with the same population size in which the first culture has an average IQ of 100 but had three times as much leisure time as the other culture with an average IQ of 110. The first culture will almost certainly produce greater technological achievements. Your simplistic analysis of Neanderthals would have us conclude here that the first culture is smarter than the second, which is false.

Technology is not a pure indicator of intelligence. You need to put the technological achievements in their historical context. The technological achievements of neanderthals and primitive humans were much the same for the whole time they existed together. If you compare their tools, the Neanderthal tools were just as efficient in the use of resources to make the tools and just as efficient in doing the job they were made to do. Their tools were a bit better, actually. They even invented blades — our ancestors copied them. In the same historical context, the neanderthals are shown to possess an intelligence about equal with the intelligence of our ancestors.

The reason for the rapid rise of human technology is also related to historical context. There was technological stagnation in both humans and neanderthals due to the scarcity of resources produced by the cold climate as well as their competition against eachother for those resources. Neither species had much leisure time with which to put their intellects to greater use. Because the neanderthals went extinct near the end of the last ice age, we never got to see what they were truly capable of. If they lived today, it wouldn't surprise me at all that many of them would become scientists and mathematicians. Anyhow, when the struggle between the species ended and the ice age was coming to an end, the plants and animals became more and more abundant. The need for humans to live a nomadic lifestyle with near-constant hunting greatly diminished, which means a great increase in leisure time with which to put their intellects to greater use. With the invention of the very basic concepts of written language and mathematics, both of which centered around farming, and the invention of the wheel, which also centered around the trade of the food being grown, the leisure time increased even more, so their intellects could be put to even greater use. This repeating cycle produced a snowball effect that led to exponential increases in technology, hence the reason the technology seems to just pop into existence from thin air.

Humans did not get smart all of a sudden. There was no evolution at the end of the last ice age that greatly increased human smartness. Humans had the smarts long before then. The change of climate and the extinction of neanderthals simply allowed them to apply their smartness all of a sudden. The standard picture of archeology makes perfect sense of the technological advancement. The assumption of an intervening intelligence is not required by the data. Your proposal is unparsimonious and inelegant.

Aidenkai wrote:
Scientists try and come up with and are PAID to come up with theories to justify a terrestrial explanation, because its the norm and people can deal with it, anything outside the box, would never be supported because it doesn't fit the norm of society. People aren't ready to hear that "god" was an alien, that the earth was created because of an alien planet being pulled into our system. This would throw the world into chaos. So it is kept a secret. Wake up.

This sounds exactly like the conspiratorial garbage that racists peddle — you know what I mean, the kind that ends with "wake up white people!" When you start sounding like a conservative racist retard, it is time to make an appointment with a mental health professional. (For anyone else who would appreciate some mental health advice: beware of virgins bearing pamphlets.)

Aidenkai wrote:

There is no evidence that they invented astrology. Because earlier cultures did not have writing systems, we cannot say for certain whether they had astrological ideas as well. Your argument is based on the well-known fallacy of arguing that an absence of evidence is evidence of absence. In other words, you are using an argument from ignorance. Besides, attributing astrology to them does not help your argument.

Whether they invented religion depends on how you define religion. We know that there was a widely accepted form of shamanism in Botswana about 70,000 years ago that worshiped the python as a sacred animal. They even carved a large rock into a python with scales and everything that seemed to move when the light from fires danced upon its surface. There is a small entrenchment behind it where a shaman could hide himself and make it appear as though the snake itself were talking, and this entrenchment had a tunnel running through the hills behind the python, allowing the shaman to quietly sneak out. Over 13,000 artifacts have been recovered from the site. The indigenous people of Botswana, sometimes called bushmen, still consider the python a sacred animal. In fact, their creation myth depicts humankind as the children of the great python. It does not seem unreasonable to suspect that the people who engaged in rituals at the carved python also had the same idea. That would explain why the modern indigenous people have that belief and to explain why nearly all the religions from that hemisphere of the planet regard snakes as sly, cunning, wise, discerning, and so on.

I can quibble a bit more, but I am willing to let Sumeria have the honor for the rest of the things you mentioned. Nonetheless, it was completely natural from the standard view of archeology that they would be the ones to develop them because they lived in the fertile valley where farming was excellent as a result of the topography of the land in combination with the ending of the last ice age. All of these various lines of thought follow from the snowball effect I mentioned earlier.

But how can I compare them to other cultures? Exactly as I did compare them. It does not matter whether they were the first to come up with primitive ideas about astronomy, agriculture, and so on. None of that invalidates my objection. Examine their hymns and myths for yourself and you will see that my objection carries considerable weight. Here is how they conceived of the cosmos. In the beginning, there was the primeval sea (a notion echoed in Genesis 1). Within it, the heaven and earth were formed. The earth was a flat disk. The boundary between the heaven and the earth was a solid vault that was shaped like an upside-down bowl which rested on the earth. Between the boundary and the earth, there was wind (called "lil", hence "Enlil" was the God of Wind). The brighter portions of that wind made up the stars in addition to (1) the sun, (2) the moon, and (3-7) the five planets they knew about. These seven heavenly bodies is what give rise to the later notion of seven heavens, which depicted the firmament as being seven see-through vaults that spun various ways to make the heavenly bodies move about the atmosphere, which is what Ezekiel meant by wheels within wheels. (That's right, Ezekiel was not talking about aliens and he wasn't just spewing crazy-talk. He merely poeticized what was legitimate astronomy in his time.) They depicted the sun god (which was the sun itself) as passing through gates one on side of the horizon to enter the sky and then passing through gates on the other side of the horizon to enter the underworld, and these gates were guarded by people who were half-human and half-scorpion. Their writings make it abundantly clear that they were typical geocentrists who didn't have a clue as to how the world actually came about.

Sorry.

You did nothing different here, but do the same exact thing that I have been doing, where is your proof? Plus you never answered why things that the Sumerians talked about has been and is still being confirmed by modern science and archeology, astronomy. BTW, you can infer from the writing of Ezekial anyway way you want, but it is known that the same person who built the landing pod for the first moon mission, came up with the design directly from the chariot of Ezekial. Most, that know anything, will readily admit that Ezekials chariot is an actual machine, not as you say, poetized the legitimate astronomy of his time. Like I have said before, YOU DON'T now your assertions are any more true than mine. Both sides have valuable points that could make them true.

Have any of you viewed the opinions of the opposite side, to see if they even hold weight? Watch Ancient Aliens. Read EVD's books. Listen to people that actually do study Sitchin's work with an open mind?

Like I have said before, this is pointless for me to sit here and explain my theories. NO matter what I show, there is always going to be another side to oppose what I say.

Aiden

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:... things

Aidenkai wrote:

... things that the Sumerians talked about has been and is still being confirmed by modern science and archeology, astronomy. 

Aiden

Aiden,

This claim must be followed by a reference to a peer-reviewed publication.  No web sites, no magazine articles.  Peer-reviewed journals ONLY please.  Until then I will tentatively consider your statement as incorrect.

100%

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai

Aidenkai wrote:

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

Aiden

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=United+States+Army+taking+Ancient+Artifacts+from+Iraq&ei=UTF-8&fr=moz35

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/expatnews/7322965/US-returns-historical-artifacts-to-Iraq.html

I have to say I havent had time to find exactly what you are wanting, but these 3 sites, do justify that ALOT of artifacts were stolen. But these have to do with them being given back, I don't expect to still find what I read about a year ago in regards to US stealing them specifically, but the fact that I have found these 2 sites, confirms that it DID happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq_5CLHuwZs&feature=player_embedded#!

Aiden

Ps. I will try and find more. Maybe you could look as well. Narrow the search if more people look for it. But I doubt we will find something that our government has done in a bad light.

Next question?

I'm confused, none of these mention the U.S. military stealing artifacts, all they mention is the U.S. government caught looters and/or recovered artifacts they found and returned them to the museum.  These links aren't even circumstantial proof, they don't even support your assertion.  In fact this is the opposite of proof to your claim, since the U.S. actually *returned* artifacts and tablets that had been stolen by third parties, and did so publicly.

Do you have a source that actually says, "U.S. military personal stole artifacts from the museum."?

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
100percentAtheist

100percentAtheist wrote:

Aiden,

This claim must be followed by a reference to a peer-reviewed publication.  No web sites, no magazine articles.  Peer-reviewed journals ONLY please.  Until then I will tentatively consider your statement as incorrect.

100%

Sorry, that is a bullshit criterion.  Articles can have both integrity and validity without being peer reviewed- you just have to do a little more work to figure out if they are worth reading.

Peer reviewed journals are only particularly easy for a university student to cite- the rest of us don't have time to go to libraries for forum posts (and some of us live in non-English speaking countries where it's even more difficult).

"Incorrect" until demonstrated by peer reviewed journals?  Sorry, your standards are pretty screwed up. 

Any news article from an even vaguely reputable news source should suffice here to at least be uncertain rather than assume the claim false.

CNN, BBC, even CCTV, or hell, even FOX or an Iranian news outlet.

Articles across multiple nationally controlled and private news organizations should go beyond that to suggest the default position is "probably true" pending more evidence.

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Listen Folks... Aiden is

Listen Folks... Aiden is right... I just came back from Walmart... There is NO WAY the shoppers there are of this Earth

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Blake

Blake wrote:

100percentAtheist wrote:

Aiden,

100%

Sorry, that is a bullshit criterion.  Articles can have both integrity and validity without being peer reviewed- you just have to do a little more work to figure out if they are worth reading.

Peer reviewed journals are only particularly easy for a university student to cite- the rest of us don't have time to go to libraries for forum posts (and some of us live in non-English speaking countries where it's even more difficult).

"Incorrect" until demonstrated by peer reviewed journals?  Sorry, your standards are pretty screwed up. 

Any news article from an even vaguely reputable news source should suffice here to at least be uncertain rather than assume the claim false.

CNN, BBC, even CCTV, or hell, even FOX or an Iranian news outlet.

Articles across multiple nationally controlled and private news organizations should go beyond that to suggest the default position is "probably true" pending more evidence.

Blake,

I have referred to Aiden statement that some Sumerian "things" (as some descriptions of the planets in our system)  have been proven scientifically.  It is totally fine and great if he can produce a link to a CNN/FOX/Al Jazeera  materials.  Note that all trustable news referring to "scientifically proven things" alway come with a statement like "These findings have been published [will be published] in Science/Nature/RRS astrophysics letters etc."  

If I claim that it has been proven scientifically that Mayans have developed a working anti-gravitation engine, and if I give you a link to something like "UFO magazine" or "Onion", would you consider my claim to be correct? Smiling

The news agency statement like "this is probably true pending more evidence" not following by "more evidence" within a few days is called misinformation. 

100%

Edit:  Imagine CNN breaking news saying "the new planet Nibiru has been proven to exist scientifically" with NO references to scientists nor to their peer-reviewed publications.  I disagree with you that this is a screwed up standard to have an access to the verifiable source.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:Listen

Rich Woods wrote:

Listen Folks... Aiden is right... I just came back from Walmart... There is NO WAY the shoppers there are of this Earth

It would also explain Detroit.

HOLLY UFO BATMAN, THE SUMERIANS WERE RIGHT! Independence Day is a fucking documentary!

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:Listen

Rich Woods wrote:

Actually, we have an invasion of aliens from several planets!  ... compare humanoids in Walmart and Whole Foods.  

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have taken some time to

I have taken some time to read through all of the opposing arguments posed too me in this discussion. And while I still think that there are many things that can not be explained unless you insert alien intervention, I could not call myself an open-minded person or an atheist, if I didn't take your arguments seriously and reevaluate my previous position on this topic. Over the last couple of days, I have taken everything you guys have said, with a grain of salt, and find myself utterly confused, both sides too me make very good sense. So I guess I am at a crossing. I do understand that like religion, some of my thoughts about AAT does take a level of belief, because in essence, nothing can be proven 100% without an actual alien race coming down and telling us they created intelligent humans, nor your position of pre-humans telling us they invented it themselves. I do not understand a lot of the AAT theory, but I also do not understand the opposing side, whether its religious or scientific. Your position, while posing many theories backed up by modern day science, is always evolving. So something that scientists thought was true 100 years ago, might not be true today, because of further advancement in technology and knowledge thereof. I still believe calling EVD and Sitchin hacks, is wrong, they have dedicated there life to discovering a different way of looking at our history, whether this was motivated to make money from there books, or for pure knowledge is irrevellant. Many people, much smarter than me, would, I am sure, be able to come on this site and explain in detail, what I have lacked to do. Clearly the intelligence on this site, is much greater than I expected, I did not expect the opposition that I encountered, nor did I expect to here such intelligent opposing arguments. One thing I ask is this, there were many explanations on your side, very consicely thought out, but where is the proof to back up what you are saying? You wanted it from me, yet when you do it, you don't back it up with anything either( even though it was done more intelligently)? If I were too completely change my views to your side, wouldn't that be as bad as just believing in AAT without the 100% proof to back it up? Many things today that are taught as fact in our schools, like how the pyramids were built are in fact just theories, many have been debunked by modern day engineers/architects that say it could not be done today, nor do we have the capacity of building something to that scale that would last the test of time, or that could have been done in the time that the ancients say it was done. How could people on different places around the earth build similar types of pyramids, with exacting precision to each other( Great Pyramid of Giza, has same base dimensions as teotihuacan), without sea travel to get to these places? Or a map that is depicted with land mass that has been under ice for the last 10k years( Piri Reis map)? Or different megalithic structures depicting our solar system found 2 places around the world ( Stonehenge, Avenue of the dead at Teotihuacan).

BTW, most of these civilizations, when telling us why and how they built these impossible structures, say they were instructed (and taught how to do so) by THERE GODS. So either they were gods, or they were aliens, which would you prefer to believe? I will take aliens over supernatural every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Puma Punku is said be to one of the oldest structures on the earth, there is such precise cuts into stone that it only could have been done with diamond tipped tools, which scientists and archeologists say they didn't have. These megalithic blocks were fit together like a puzzle, yet the people who supposedly built them, didn't have any writing system at all. Would you concede to this, you would HAVE to have at least a system of writing and mathematics to accomplish such a megalithic task? Lord Pacal's tombstone in Palenque is said to be a depiction of an Ancient Alien. The people of Pacal's day, tell us that he looked nothing like the people, they saw him as a god that came out of the sky. Anyways the point I am trying to make, I guess, is that there is circumstantial proof that AAT is valid. Just because I was not able to convey that with my limited knowledge, doesn't mean someone else with more knowledge could not have explained in greater detail than I, or that it isn't true( I would say check out the Documentary "Ancient Aliens", it is pretty convincing, at least to the possiblities). Your points are strongly valued, I am conceding that either side could be true. But why not both? Maybe there was a level of intelligence in pre-humans or neanderthals, maybe thats why the Aliens picked us vs. (clearly) other species on the planet that also possessed a level of intelligence? I am taking this all in and trying to figure it all out. But like I said, prove your opinions that you have clearly stated, like you posed too me. Otherwise, its all conjecture and makes you know better than I ( even if you sound like it makes more sense and is backed up). I am willing to look at the evidence. I am renewed and inspired to question the topics I have stated are fact, which from what you have explained is not.

Aiden

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
I recently read a post on my

I recently read a post on my other forum, I would like to hear some views on your behalf.

The post is entitled:

Pyramid Builders

Original poster:

"Today (March, 3 2010), I’ve been watching on TV “National Geographic Channel”, the document concerning The Big Pyramid in Gizeh. Archaeologists say about how to build the pyramids and the recitals, which were guided by the Chephren and Cheops (Chufu), choosing to build them. The main reason for Cheops had decided to build a pyramid, was the desire to overcome his father, in the performance of construction and the desire to reach of a eternal life – the pharaoh’s spirit had to fly to the stars, and more specifically - toward the constellation Orion, as the glass outlet, were tracked in this particular constellation.
How the builders of the pyramid could carry the heavy stones? The scientists say, the Egyptians used the tracks – no wooden rolls, no sleighs, no ramp. In fact, this tack which had two big wheels, could be pulled by four, fife man with one block of the stone. If it’s true, the huge army of the workers would not be needed. But how the builders created the interior of the pyramid? First of all the Big Gallery, Chambers? Why no one inscription appears at the walls? How the light was delivered?"

Another commented:

"Well, I am surprised these posts and replies are even on the site! The answer to who built the Great Pyramid of Giza and when has been fully answered by Dr. Zecharia Sitchin in his ten books, starting with THE 12TH PLANET. In 1875 an archeologist Dr. George Smith was exploring the ruins of Ninevah an ancient city. He discovered countless clay tablets using Cuneiform writing which is made with a wedge like stylus pressed into wet clay to form words, etc. then fired for it to last.
When the unbelievably difficult cuneiform writing was at last deciphered the findings were stunning beyond imagination. THEY WERE THE ORIGINAL STORIES OF THE BIBLE, ONLY FAR FAR MORE IN DETAIL AND CLEARLY FAR TRUER AND MORE AUTHENTIC. In addition there was the
ENUMA ELISH the original story of creation. The Bible is only a shortened
and highly truncated version of the originals.
WHY WAS THIS INFORMATION SUPRESSED FOR OVER 165 YEARS? The reason is the information on the tablets is HIGHLY credible with info about our solar system way way beyond what anyone knew until very recently.
They knew the ACTUAL FORMATION OF OUR SOLAR SYSTEM!!! So the reason the archeologists SYSTEMATICALLY SUPPRESSED the information was huge pressure from religions, the Pope, the protestants, the Egyptians, etc. etc. who did not want their apple cart upended!!! So they have kept us in IGNORANCE FOR A CENTURY AND A HALF until Dr.
Zecharia Sitchin (who can read and speak the cuneiform writing) wrote
his ten books, blowing the whistle on the whole shooting match. No one
can deny the validity of the cuneiform writings also because of the many
"smoking guns" lying around all over the planet.

To be blunt the tablets tell of Noah's arc, the Tower of Babyl story, the creation of Adam and Eve, Gilgamesh, and all other old testament tales.
They tell of Extraterrestrials (The Anunnaki - "Those who from heaven to earth came&quotEye-wink who arrived here when an astronaut former king named
ALALU journeyed here, shot his way with lasers across the asteroid belt and landed on earth finding Gold. Gold was desperately needed by this planet to patch a big hole in their atmosphere which was going to destroy life on the planet. This was 450,000 years ago. (His face is the face found on Mars where he lived his last days) So they started mining but the miners were unused to the hard labor and mutinied facing death.
But one of the "gods" Enki said "Oh I can get a worker for you to do the
hard labor" and he fashioned Adam by genetically engineering him from
the Homo Erectus who roamed the savannahs....this was Adam. But it was a hybrid and it was too much work to reproduce them so he made it possible for them to procreate. Thus they got kicked out of the garden of Eden which was like a Zoo where they were taken care of. This Enki also
gave them more intelligence and thus we have Homo Sapiens. No modern
scientist can explain how Homo Sapiens SUDDENLY appeared. But the Bible says it all "We shall make man after our own image after our own likeness we will make him." So why suddenly is it WE when the whole Bible is about the "one" God? Well, other places DOES use the plural in
the form of ELOHIM. This is a plural of god.
So they started having babies and the astronauts found the girls cute and started making out with them, also having babies etc. etc. which ticked off
one of the "gods" who decided to drown them all out. A huge ice berg
atop the south pole was ready to break loose. So they kept this info
from everyone. But Enki would not let it happen and secretly told Noah
to build the arc which saved a great many of humans to procreate.
Make a long story short they went all over the world "creating" Homo
Sapiens to help them. All creation stories say the same thing that the
first TWO PEOPLE suddenly arrived. Well this was when they would
genetically reproduce them from ape men. Finally, in Peru, the flood loosened lots of the enormous tons of gold and they finally had enough. So the Nasca lines are lines where the great rocket ships TOOK OFF to fly the tons of gold back to the planet NIBIRU which is the 12th planet in our solar system with a 3,600 year orbit.
So the Great Pyramid was built 15,000 years ago. Everyone says it was
built 5000 years ago which has been proven wrong sixteen times over.
plus, saying it was built by Cheops (Khufu) is totally and completely false
and is due to a certain Col. Vyse FALSIFYING CHEOPS CARTOUCHE on the stones in the pyramid. All of this totally verified and well known, but
the Egyptian government would die rather than admit ETs built the pyramid! There is astronomical PROOF POSITIVE that the Sphinx is
15000 years old. There is ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF WHATSOEVER that
Khufu built it. He built his own tomb NEXT TO THE PYRAMID to get some of the reflected glory that's all. The Sphinx is the image of THOTH the great genius who deisgned and built it. They used huge flying saucers
(whirlwinds they called them) with incredible POWER to lift the stones
and they had cutting tools that could cut through granite like butter,
literally. At Puma Punka stones have been cut precisely from DIORITE which is nearly has hard as diamonds!! Anyway...very very fascinating.
most sincerely Dr. Nathan Louis AA BA MA - Dr.of Div.
author of SCIENCE and the UNITY of CONSIOUSNESS...How Science
verifies the existence of God and spiritual truths confirm discoveries of
science."

Please give your opposing theories please.

P.S.- I said the same thing to this one, that you all have said to me, back it up with supporting evidence. So we can wait and see how he responds, maybe his will be better than mine.

Aiden

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:1) One thing

Aidenkai wrote:

1) One thing I ask is this, there were many explanations on your side, very consicely thought out, but where is the proof to back up what you are saying? You wanted it from me, yet when you do it, you don't back it up with anything either

2) Or different megalithic structures depicting our solar system found 2 places around the world ( Stonehenge, Avenue of the dead at Teotihuacan).

Aiden

Aiden,

1) Probably it is because you are the one who makes the claims.  So the burden of proof is on you.

2) I would like to show you something specifically related to this topic:

Here is the website that shows two diagrams: one is the diagram of the avenue of the dead, and the other one is the diagram of the "solar system" .  Apparently they are almost the same.  And even the planet Pluto is precisely at the "right position".  Bang, you lost non-believers!   http://sshlb97.tripod.com/aliensite/teo.htm

Now, please have a look at the REAL diagram of the solar system 

http://www.solar-system.name/solar-system/layout-and-structure.html

There is very little in common between the real diagram and the "diagram" used on the first site. 

I think you have enough intellect to make conclusions for yourself.

100%

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
One more thing. I would love

One more thing.

I would love to hear your theories in regards to the Nazca lines in Peru? Tops of mountains missing, with Miles and Miles of lines. The contents of the Summits NOT found in any of the valleys around the area. The Different depictions of Animals and such, only possible of being seen from thousands of feet in the air. Which as we know, they didn't have the technology of flight.

What about the Vimana's in India's ancient writings, they clearly tell us that there "gods" flew in these ships in the sky. We even have blueprints of these machines. I am sorry, I will try and find evidence of this. But from this point on, I am not claiming any of this as fact, until I find corroberation.

Aiden

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:One more

Aidenkai wrote:

One more thing.

I would love to hear your theories in regards to the Nazca lines in Peru? Tops of mountains missing, with Miles and Miles of lines. The contents of the Summits NOT found in any of the valleys around the area. The Different depictions of Animals and such, only possible of being seen from thousands of feet in the air. Which as we know, they didn't have the technology of flight.

What about the Vimana's in India's ancient writings, they clearly tell us that there "gods" flew in these ships in the sky. We even have blueprints of these machines. I am sorry, I will try and find evidence of this. But from this point on, I am not claiming any of this as fact, until I find corroberation.

Aiden

Aiden,

Please structure your questions because I am not exactly sure what you are talking about in some particular cases. For example, I have no clue what you are talking about here: "Tops of mountains missing, with Miles and Miles of lines."

100%

Aidenkai
Aidenkai's picture
User is offlineOffline
100percentAtheist

100percentAtheist wrote:

Aidenkai wrote:

1) One thing I ask is this, there were many explanations on your side, very consicely thought out, but where is the proof to back up what you are saying? You wanted it from me, yet when you do it, you don't back it up with anything either

2) Or different megalithic structures depicting our solar system found 2 places around the world ( Stonehenge, Avenue of the dead at Teotihuacan).

Aiden

Aiden,

1) Probably it is because you are the one who makes the claims.  So the burden of proof is on you.

2) I would like to show you something specifically related to this topic:

Here is the website that shows two diagrams: one is the diagram of the avenue of the dead, and the other one is the diagram of the "solar system" .  Apparently they are almost the same.  And even the planet Pluto is precisely at the "right position".  Bang, you lost non-believers!   http://sshlb97.tripod.com/aliensite/teo.htm

Now, please have a look at the REAL diagram of the solar system 

http://www.solar-system.name/solar-system/layout-and-structure.html

There is very little in common between the real diagram and the "diagram" used on the first site. 

I think you have enough intellect to make conclusions for yourself.

100%

I guess I don't, because they both look similar at least. If you are claiming that Teotihuacan, isn't a representation at least in a small way, to our solar system, I haven't found it. Show me a site that "clearly says" this site "doesnt represent our solar system. Why didn't you look something up opposing Stonehenge as well? Curious.

Aiden

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just to touch on one

Just to touch on one subject, the Pyramids of Giza, which I have actually touched, FWIW - it is useful to actually see these things up close with your own eyes.

My impression, from various documentaries, is that they really aren't that great a mystery. The vast bulk of the structures is not closely fitted, carefully shaped stonework.

The Great Pyramid of Giza is 755.81 feet on each side, and 480.57 feet high.

The Pyramid of the Sun in Teotihuacán is 733.2 feet on each side, and 233.5 feet high.

Where is the 'exacting precision' here? One is less than half the height of the other, and 3% smaller on a side. 

The Egyptian pyramids taper smoothly to a point. The Aztec ones go up in very big steps, and have climbable steps to the top, the Egyptians don't.

The only thing they have in common is a square base and they get smaller as they go up.

Square bases are the simplest shapes to make the bases of such structures. 

The limitations of building techniques and materials in those cultures meant that in all large structure each layer had to be smaller that the one below, because otherwise the lower parts of the structure would not be able to support the weight of the upper parts of  the structure.

We could certainly build pyramids, give the time and motivation they had. Whereas they could not build even the smaller 'skyscrapers' of New York.

The reduction in size as they rise was forced on both cultures due to the limitations of their construction techniques, the opposite of them having access to advanced construction assistance. The Empire State and the WTC would be beyond their wildest fantasies, whereas one would expect such constructs to be trivial to an advanced space-faring culture.

Pyramids of some sort were the only large structures they were capable of building, because of the limitations of their construction abilities. It is evidence against alien technology being involved.

All the plain evidence points away from alien technology.

And I don't claim Sitchin was a scam, just way too attached to his pet theory. EVD probably believed his stuff too, he just wasn't really trained adequately in the area, so made many claims which were easily shown to be simply wrong, like that the Eqyptians had no access to enough wood to make rollers and other things to help them get the stones moved.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

100percentAtheist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Aidenkai wrote:I would love

Aidenkai wrote:

I would love to hear your theories in regards to the Nazca lines in Peru? 

Start here: http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=1V-BIdlc9YEC&pg=PA6&dq=joe+nickell+nazca+lines&cd=1#v=onepage&q=nazca&f=false

As to the purpose of the figures:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazca_Lines#cite_note-1

"In 1985, the archaeologist Johan Reinhard published archaeological, ethnographic, and historical data demonstrating that worship of mountains and

other water sources predominated in Nazca religion and economy from ancient to recent times. He theorized that the lines and figures were part of

religious practices involving the worship of deities associated with the availability of water, which directly related to the success and productivity of crops.

He interpreted the lines as sacred paths leading to places where these deities could be worshiped. The figures were symbols representing animals and

objects meant to invoke the gods' aid in supplying water. But, the precise meanings of many of the individual geoglyphs remain unsolved as of 2010."

Frankly, I don't think there is something that remotely requires ET to explain this case.

100%