Where's your evidence?

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Where's your evidence?

To all theists: If you feel you have evidence for your, in my opinion, insane claims, please tell me. I would like to know what constitutes evidence to you and how you came about finding it. You can even quote your religious text if you want, just know to begin with that it isn't evidence and we will laugh at you for it.

So, what's your evidence?

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote:To all theists:

B166ER wrote:

To all theists: If you feel you have evidence for your, in my opinion, insane claims, please tell me. I would like to know what constitutes evidence to you and how you came about finding it. You can even quote your religious text if you want, just know to begin with that it isn't evidence and we will laugh at you for it.

So, what's your evidence?

I'd suggest you wittle that loaded question down a bit because you have left the door wide open.

I can answer for them:

"The bible"

"His love"

"Look around you, isn't nature pretty"

"All powerful, he can do what he wants"

"So many people who do believe cant be wrong"

"Why would people die for a lie>"

"The bible says"

"You can't prove there isn't a god"

"I have faith"

"I've seen miracles"

"I used to be an atheist"

"These smart people also believe"

"Energy cannot be created or destroyed so therefor my magical invisible super brain with no brain exists"

If you want to spend eons wading through the convoluted clap trap they will answer with, leave your question as is. Otherwise narrow your scope.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Actually...

I expected those kinds of answers, and if people actually use those as "evidence", it just shows the vacuous nature of their reasoning.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just skip the questions

I just skip the questions and go with a statement which is FACT,

If we are talking about the Christian god, the two most important claims of that book are about the birth and death of Jesus, which must be believed in order to buy the myth, without them there is no reason to buy anything the book says.

AND GUESS WHAT THE FACTS ARE

It takes TWO sets of DNA  to manifest into a zygote and then onto a baby thus making the godsperm theory bullshit. Then the other end of the myth has Jesus bleeding out, left with no blood or oxygen to his brain or vital organs and any leftover blood settling to the lowest point of gravity and goes on to suffer rigor mortis only to magically "poof" become a zombie god three days later.

BUT even before we get to these stories or even open the first page of the bible, one has to buy into a generic concept of a disembodied magical super brain that has no brain or physical location that is everywhere and nowhere at the same time whose only goal is to gain fan members for himself.

NOW, this is where you challenge them to replicate and falsify ANY of those claims and get them independently verified. Ask them what evidence outside the naked assertion of "poof" can they show the mechanisms of HOW these things happened, supposedly.

This direction forces them to face their personal bias and gives you the focus to call them on it.

They can't independently have their claims tested anymore than I could prove that I could fart a Lamborghini out of my ass.

I hope I didn't spoil your fun, but that is what it boils down to. I would love to hear a theists response myself, but I have yet to see anything but retrofiting, back peddling, and Apologetics.

Religion is "defended" whereas science is tested and verified. Superior use of logic requires testing and verification. Religions are merely social clubs were people come together to convince themselves of the absurd.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Speaking of evidence

I've been reading some stuff about Sumeria lately and what a fascinating thing it is. The idea the bible is ancient history is patently false. There's so much stuff going on long before and identical in most its forms to more modern ideas of god. Equally interesting is that like the Mayans and co, Sumeria collapsed because environmental abuse led to salinity in soil and the failure of crops. Something to think about peter garrett, you dozy fucker.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck