Any other Doctor Who fans out there?

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Any other Doctor Who fans out there?

Just been watching the new series of Doctor Who as well as watching the entire series in chronological order (THE INTERNET BE PRAISED!), and was wondering if there are any other fans of the Doctor out there in RRSland? Or am I a lonely nerd in this respect (not so different from my existence already, so not a problem). I wasn't sure about this 11th Doctor, but so far, he's doing a really good job in my opinion.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Plus...

Plus, the new companion, "Amy Pond" ( Karen Gillian) is a SUPER FOX!!!//<\/scr' + 'ipt>'); //]]>
[drwho_docamy.jpg]

http://www.bscreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/karen-gillan.jpg

And I promise I don't feel that way simply because, as a fellow ginger, we wish to keep our kind around.

Not saying I would have a problem with helping keeping ginger-kind around with her, but...

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Indeed.I have recorded

Indeed.

I have recorded off-air, in high-definition, commercial-free, the first three episodes.

Hey, is there any significance that I am also a 'ginger'?

I have watched from the very first William Hartnell series.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
I want to be a Doctor Who

I want to be a Doctor Who fan, but I have been reluctant to begin anywhere save for the very beginning.  Where have you found the earliest episodes?

Have you seen Red Dwarf?

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote: I have

BobSpence1 wrote:
I have watched from the very first William Hartnell series.

Being 24, I obviously didn't watch them when they came out, but I found a great website that has every episode ever, even episodes which the BBC considers erased, like the first 3 Doctor's. So I have been doing a lot of catch up. When I started watching it as a kid, it was the 4th Doctor, Tom Baker, who's adventures I was watching, along with his companion "Romana" ( Richard Dawkins you lucky dog you!). I even had a Tom Baker-esque scarf which my ex-girlfriend Hilary knit for my, but it got lost in an old friends car, never to be seen again...

And just to let you know, I think the two-parter episodes 4 and 5, The Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone respectively, are awesome! YAY for the net and the ability to watch stuff right when it comes out!

I couldn't live without my Doctor Who and anime streams...

No Gods, No Masters!

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Blake wrote:
Have you seen Red Dwarf?

HAVE I SEEN RED DWARF?!?! You silly smeg head(jk), OF COURSE I've seen Red Dwarf!

Still to this day, when I play Scrabble, I make people know that the only slang word I allow is JOZXYQK!

Blake wrote:
Where have you found the earliest episodes?

Just know that you have to wade through a couple of annoying pop up adds to get to the video's, but it's WELL worth it.

www.doctorwho-episodes.com

No Gods, No Masters!

Blake
atheistScience Freak
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote:Being 24, I

B166ER wrote:

Being 24, I obviously didn't watch them when they came out, but I found a great website that has every episode ever, even episodes which the BBC considers erased, like the first 3 Doctor's.

All of this flaunting, and no link.  You, sir, are too cruel Sticking out tongue

What anime do you watch?  I haven't seen anything good since Death Note... except maybe Time of Eve.

EDIT:  Smegging thank you! ^_^

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
ahhh... anime XD

Blake wrote:
What anime do you watch?

I watch a bunch of stuff, but some of my favorites (in no particular order) are Ranma 1/2, Black Lagoon, Green Green TV, Macademi Wasshoi, FLCL, Full Metal Alchemist, Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, Jing: King of Bandits, Blood+. I'm actually more of a fan of manga, and there are quite a few things I'm reading right now.

No Gods, No Masters!

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote:Blake wrote:

B166ER wrote:

Blake wrote:
What anime do you watch?

I watch a bunch of stuff, but some of my favorites (in no particular order) are Ranma 1/2, Black Lagoon, Green Green TV, Macademi Wasshoi, FLCL, Full Metal Alchemist, Wolf's Rain, Cowboy Bebop, Jing: King of Bandits, Blood+. I'm actually more of a fan of manga, and there are quite a few things I'm reading right now.

Not a bad list. Love wolf's rain. But my all time favourite is GTO (great teacher onizuka).  Probably got alot to do with when I watched it more than the actual anime, but its stil awesome.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote: Blake wrote:

B166ER wrote:

Blake wrote:
Have you seen Red Dwarf?

HAVE I SEEN RED DWARF?!?! You silly smeg head(jk), OF COURSE I've seen Red Dwarf!

Still to this day, when I play Scrabble, I make people know that the only slang word I allow is JOZXYQK!

Cat made the entire series. 

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
YES!!!

Tapey wrote:
But my all time favourite is GTO (great teacher onizuka).

I KNEW I WAS MISSING SOME! My roommate has the entire series on DVD, I love it! Onizuka's ability to teach the kids great life lessons and at the same time be a huge perv was one of the funniest aspects of the show.

"MY CRESSIDA!" <------------ Inside GTO joke

No Gods, No Masters!

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote:I KNEW I WAS

B166ER wrote:

I KNEW I WAS MISSING SOME! My roommate has the entire series on DVD, I love it! Onizuka's ability to teach the kids great life lessons and at the same time be a huge perv was one of the funniest aspects of the show.

That and his facial expressions.

B166ER wrote:

"MY CRESSIDA!" <------------ Inside GTO joke

classic

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey, I have to agree with

Tapey, I have to agree with your opinion of Onizuka's facial expressions.

http://www.anime-planet.com/images/anime/screenshots/gto1.jpg

http://img3.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/bdc3a8f9441c6e6f8b132c05ffc6c73f1231293988_full.jpg

PRICELESS!!!