Infamous young lady in Poland requires the aid of some sane people

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Infamous young lady in Poland requires the aid of some sane people

This lovely young lady may face up to two years in prison. Why? She said that she thought the Bible must've been written by someone who was either drunk, high or both.

I do hope that most people here clinked mugs with friends at the news that Lech Kaczynski killed himself and many members of his staff when he tried to force his pilot to land in the fog at Smolensk; pity his duplicate sibling wasn't also aboard the aircraft. The 'party of law & justice' has been taking a hatchet to the knees of the dear blind lady since it took power in Warsaw 5 years ago - the implementation & enforcement of these 'blasphemy laws' is just the latest carving of the flesh.

I won't stand for this sort of two-faced religious barbarism, where old men conspiring to facilitate the rape of children are free to continue to serve as the figurehead of an organized religious body, but pop singers who tell us what they really happen to think about a religious text are made to face the gavel.

Please contact the Civic Platform in Poland and let them know that you have no tolerance for blasphemy laws, and that - for the sake of honest discourse, as well as human dignity - people should be allowed to speak their opinion on matters as they please. 

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
What a glass jaw your

What a glass jaw your asshole of a god has if it cares more about people picking on him than world disease, famine, crime and war. The Polish people must have short term memories. I guess as long as you are not the one oppressed, it is ok to oppress others. It wasn't nice when the Nazis fucked your country up the ass, but it's ok to arrest someone to protect a god who is "all powerful" and doesn't need protection?

When people say, "Don't pick on my god" I get the image of a midget standing spread eagle in front of the Terminator shouting, "DONT HIT MY GOD, YOU MIGHT HURT HIM".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Link doesn't work.

Link doesn't work.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, some passages like

Well, some passages like Revelations show the narcotic influence, probably a sign of bad trip or hangover. But the article presumes that there is something bad about alcohol and ganja, which isn't. They were with us much longer than Bible and biblical characters don't seem to complain.

But what truly startled me... Poland has anti-blasphemy laws? HOLY SHIT! Everyone's here of polish origin, I live in eyesight of Poland border, but I didn't know about the laws. I know there are laws against abortion and that whole country is generally religiously fucked up. But I didn't expect theocratic laws. In religious country it's atheism that needs protection.
Personally, I'd argue that author of the book must show up personally to sue the singer.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

One would hope to find The Telegraph supported Sinead O'Connor back when she tore up a picture of the Pope and uttered something rude. Poland being largely Roman Catholic is still not discovering predatory priests.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml