Yay! New neice has arrived!

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yay! New neice has arrived!

My sister just had a little girl. Pretty cool. It's amazing, actually. It's hard for it to sink in, the reality of it. A new person in the world.

Unfortunately, my sister's in a different city, but she's got a great husband who's supporting her, and she herself is well-prepared, so I'm sure she and the baby will be fine.

We're having a little celebration here. Taught my mom how to use text messaging so she could get news from the husband without being too 'intrusive'. Smiling

I think they're going to call her Devon. That's a pretty cool name. I like it.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Good news, Natural.

Pleased to hear it. My little sis is about 4 months in.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Congratulations

Congratulations Natural!

Having little kids in a family is great.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Congrats from another uncle!

Send our regards to your sister! I can tell you from personal experience that being a positive part of a child's life is one of the most rewarding things you can do. I was a full time babysitter for my niece from the time I was 12 to about 18. My niece Rhohannon is 11 now and we are very close because of it and I couldn't be happier about it.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Woo! Moar wimmenz! Best

Woo! Moar wimmenz!

Best regards to your sister, natural. 

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Congrats Uncle Natural!  

Congrats Uncle Natural!   Eye-wink

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sincere congrats! 

Sincere congrats!

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology