"Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

funknotik
atheist
funknotik's picture
Posts: 157
Joined: 2007-12-10
User is offlineOffline
"Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

LOL!!! 311 is on it's way!!! LMFAO!!! 

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=313170

"Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

Came about due to a southpark episode. Funny to think that comedy will end up being the way we finally stop the taboos, sacred cows, and bullshit of religion.

 


nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
Posts: 399
Joined: 2008-04-06
User is offlineOffline
I love living in the

I love living in the Northwest. I'm on board.


Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
Posts: 938
Joined: 2008-07-15
User is offlineOffline
I love jumping on

I love jumping on bandwagons, here we go:

Obviously the terrible art is ironic


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3391
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is onlineOnline
funknotik wrote:LOL!!! 311

funknotik wrote:

LOL!!! 311 is on it's way!!! LMFAO!!! 

http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=313170

"Everybody Draw Mohammed Day"

Came about due to a southpark episode. Funny to think that comedy will end up being the way we finally stop the taboos, sacred cows, and bullshit of religion.

 

311 is on its way????

FUCK YEAH!!!!

i didn't know you could get them to stop off in your town just by drawing muhammad!  where're my colored pencils...

 

btw, it's no surprise to me about comedy stopping bullshit.  look at lenny bruce and george carlin.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
This has Potential...

This has Potential...


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
EPIC M.S.paint skillz Jorm!

EPIC M.S.paint skillz Jorm!


Bahana
atheist
Bahana's picture
Posts: 79
Joined: 2006-08-04
User is offlineOffline
  I would be very

 

 

I would be very entertained by a Mohammed art contest.

 

 


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
"LMAO, burnt!"

"LMAO, burnt!"

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
Posts: 321
Joined: 2009-12-26
User is offlineOffline
LOLgreat ideai cant draw for

LOL

great idea

i cant draw for shit (always wished i was better at drawing) so instead ill post the picture that sorta started the firestorm

 

 

Proof FDR was a tyrant and a POS: Executive Order 9066

Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
-Ron Paul


Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
Posts: 938
Joined: 2008-07-15
User is offlineOffline
atomicdogg34 wrote:LOLgreat

atomicdogg34 wrote:

LOL

great idea

i cant draw for shit (always wished i was better at drawing)

Paint.net and MS Paint don't judge.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India


Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
Posts: 868
Joined: 2008-02-06
User is offlineOffline
We did 20 minutes or so

We did 20 minutes or so about this on the show last night... It was kinda fun...


atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
Posts: 321
Joined: 2009-12-26
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander

Jormungander wrote:

atomicdogg34 wrote:

LOL

great idea

i cant draw for shit (always wished i was better at drawing)

Paint.net and MS Paint don't judge.

 

after i post my drawing:

"is that supposed to be mohammed or some sort of half shark half elephant thing?"

Proof FDR was a tyrant and a POS: Executive Order 9066

Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
-Ron Paul


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
muahehehehehehe

Rich Woods wrote:

This has Potential...

Anyone willing to take a picture of a stuffed pig wearing a turban and having (fake) C4 explosives shoved into it's mouth? (w/ explosives in place of the traditional apple)

(I can't pull this off for logistical reasons, but still...)

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Mahaco
Posts: 58
Joined: 2010-04-30
User is offlineOffline
drawing mohammed

I've always wanted to draw an epic picture of Mohammed, Jesus, Buddha, Satan, and others having a gay orgy.  Unfortunately, I'm not a very good artist.


Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
Posts: 938
Joined: 2008-07-15
User is offlineOffline
Mahaco wrote:I've always

Mahaco wrote:

I've always wanted to draw an epic picture of Mohammed, Jesus, Buddha, Satan, and others having a gay orgy. 

Unfortunately, I'm not a very good artist.

"Good artist"? Come on. It is even better when you are intentionally terrible.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India


Mahaco
Posts: 58
Joined: 2010-04-30
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:Mahaco

Jormungander wrote:

Mahaco wrote:

I've always wanted to draw an epic picture of Mohammed, Jesus, Buddha, Satan, and others having a gay orgy.  Unfortunately, I'm not a very good artist.

"Good artist"? Come on. It is even better when you are intentionally terrible.

Wow, that's pretty funny!  Yeah, it's certainly funnier if you draw it like South Park or Cyanide and Happiness, lol.  But, I guess the main reason I'd want to draw something well is so there would be no mistakes in recognizing that yes, that is supposed to be Jesus/Mohammed/Satan/Buddha without labels. 


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
Well, since this started

Well, since this started from South Park, I changed my avatar to the image of Mohammad from the episode “Super Best Friends”.

 

BTW: southparkstudios.com has disabled internal links to that episode and external links are redirected to “cripple fight”. I had to get the episode from megavideo.

 

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


NoDeity
Bronze Member
NoDeity's picture
Posts: 268
Joined: 2009-10-13
User is offlineOffline
Do the Twisted Prophet Twist!

 

Here's my video for Everybody Draw Muhammad Day.


It's the dance sensation that is sweeping the nation! Come on and learn to do the Twisted Prophet Twist and you can dance along with Muhammad!

Reality is the graveyard of the gods.


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
Use freedom or lose it!

We need to show all those who would oppose human freedom in the names of "decency" or "tolerance" or "respect" that we value freedom of speech higher then their "freedom" to try to force us to live in the dark ages. I felt like adding my rendition of the "prophet" Muhammad. I hope you all enjoy!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7523
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
 Anyone see my facebook

 Anyone see my facebook wall in which a friend posted his incredible drawing....

 

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1132602386&ref=profile#!/photo.php?pid=4219718&id=652603128

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good find, sapient!

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
RAD!!

That's a rad find Sapient! I hope you don't mind me copying it and saving it... 'Cause I'm going to. XD

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote:That's a rad

B166ER wrote:

That's a rad find Sapient! I hope you don't mind me copying it and saving it... 'Cause I'm going to. XD

I'm still trying to pick my jaw up off of the floor....

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


mellestad
Moderator
Posts: 2927
Joined: 2009-08-19
User is offlineOffline
Wow. 

Wow.

 

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.


NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
Posts: 969
Joined: 2009-10-14
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Anyone see

Sapient wrote:

 Anyone see my facebook wall in which a friend posted his incredible drawing....

 

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1132602386&ref=profile#!/photo.php?pid=4219718&id=652603128

 

That's dope, maybe I should try one.

 

Edit:  Isn't that a hindu style turban?


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13667
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Draw Muhammad every day.

Draw Muhammad every day. Draw him in a skirt. Draw him with a leather collar with studs. Draw him with a red ball mouth gag. Draw him screwing a pig. Draw a woman with a burka spanking him. Draw him on the bottom of a shoe( having the sole of a shoe touch you is an insult for many in Islam.

NOW once again to any Muslim reading this. This is not aimed at non-violent Muslims(although we think all god claims don't make sense, not just yours) This blasphemy is aimed at the childish self centered brats who use violence  merely because they got offended.

If you want us to view your hero as a vindictive childish tyrant throwing a tantrum like a baby, this is how we treat tyrants, we make fun of them because tyrants deserve ridicule.

Freud once said, "The first person to hurl an insult instead of a rock started civilization".

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
Posts: 628
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
 My favorite so far as it

 

My favorite so far as it neatly encapsulates the fuckheadedness of the moslem psyche.


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote: My

Abu Lahab wrote:

 

My favorite so far as it neatly encapsulates the fuckheadedness of the moslem psyche.

 

 

OK, you win some kind of prize. I am not sure what but rest assured, a winnar is you.

 

Did anyone see what Thunderf00t did? Like six different videos, all featuring pedobear as Muhammad.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
Posts: 628
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
<><

I certainly can't claim the prize but I also have no idea who drew this awesomeness. I just found it on another site I haunt.

 

www.jihadwatch.org

 

Come for the hatred of islam, stay for the xtian baiting. I'm reviled there because I use their idiotic arguments against islam against their deity of choice.

 

Still I currently hate islam and moslems far more.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais


Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
Posts: 938
Joined: 2008-07-15
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)


shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
Posts: 1859
Joined: 2006-12-26
User is offlineOffline
Re: 311Many countries in

Re: 311

Many countries in Europe don't dial 911... 311 is the prefix for the police department.


funknotik
atheist
funknotik's picture
Posts: 157
Joined: 2007-12-10
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Abu Lahab wrote:

 

My favorite so far as it neatly encapsulates the fuckheadedness of the moslem psyche.

 

 

OK, you win some kind of prize. I am not sure what but rest assured, a winnar is you.

 

Did anyone see what Thunderf00t did? Like six different videos, all featuring pedobear as Muhammad.

 

This is def the best one! What happened to the face book page did it get taken down?


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13667
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:I certainly

Abu Lahab wrote:

I certainly can't claim the prize but I also have no idea who drew this awesomeness. I just found it on another site I haunt.

 

www.jihadwatch.org

 

Come for the hatred of islam, stay for the xtian baiting. I'm reviled there because I use their idiotic arguments against islam against their deity of choice.

 

Still I currently hate islam and moslems far more.

Hate is A NORMAL emotion, but please understand you are misplacing your rightful emotion which should be aimed at ALL naked assertions without hating individuals who may hold claims you find absurd.

I can hate a claim and I can hate the affects a popular claim can have on any given society, but I cannot bring myself to hate all people of any given label merely because they hold that label.

I can also hate an individual without wanting to kill them. I can also like and love an individual who may have claims I hate.

I hate the current state of the middle east and I hate placating the emotions of ANY individual of any religion who would seek to set up government taboos protecting their religion form being offended. Christians do this too.

Christians were once like the Muslims in the Middle East, and the only thing that keeps them from being like the middle east is 200 years of enlightenment and pluralism through secular governments.

I cant rationally hate all 4 billion Muslims because I haven't met all of them as individuals even if I hate the claims they make. I also hate that Christians claim that the God of Jesus is real AS A CLAIM even though I don't hate all Christians.

But I am with you if you want to hate someone who would kill you merely because you offended them.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

 

Took me over an hour to do this but it was worth every minute.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1474
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
My fav cartoon maker zapiro

My fav cartoon maker zapiro drew a cartoon of mohammed for draw mohammed day.  Rather gentle but meh whatever only one in the country that did. (for a newspaper)

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1474
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
and this was the officitial

and this was the officitial response

 

Quote:
The Muslim Community takes this opportunity to express the deep hurt it feels at the caricaturing
of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the M&G of last night. Given recent history around the
Danish caricatures of the Prophet (pbuh), the religious sensibilities of Muslims in this regard are
public knowledge; thereby adding insult to injury at this time. At that time, the South African
Muslim leadership exerted every effort to channel the outrage felt by ordinary Muslims in a
responsible fashion. The invite to the Danish Ambassador to visit the MJC to discuss the
sensitive issue comes to mind.


Muslims in South Africa have struggled and sacrificed side by side with its fellow citizens to work
for a free and democratic society based on the values of human dignity and honor to its entire
people. It is therefore extremely disappointing that the Mail & Guardian adopts this deplorable
policy of complete disregard for the religious sensibilities of Muslims, a significant faith
community of our country and likely a sizeable segment of the readership of the paper.
The Muslims remain cognizant of the right of any individual of the freedom to express their
opinion, but certainly it must be in the interest of this diverse nation that no one should abuse
this right in a reckless and irresponsible manner by showing disrespect to the religious beliefs or
the revered figures of others.


The Muslim Leadership appeals to all Muslims to express their condemnation and disapproval of
this latest insult on the Muslim community in a responsible and dignified manner
. The issue is
under discussion by all the Ulama religious authorities in the country and further notices will be
issued during the next few days.
END

 

all seems pretty moderate to me. To me if this was what happened with the danish cartoons really i wouldn't care. Its the death threats which make me support all this draw muhammed stuff.

 

bold is mine

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Draw Muhammad

Brian37 wrote:

Draw Muhammad every day. Draw him in a skirt. Draw him with a leather collar with studs. Draw him with a red ball mouth gag. Draw him screwing a pig. Draw a woman with a burka spanking him. Draw him on the bottom of a shoe( having the sole of a shoe touch you is an insult for many in Islam.

NOW once again to any Muslim reading this. This is not aimed at non-violent Muslims(although we think all god claims don't make sense, not just yours) This blasphemy is aimed at the childish self centered brats who use violence  merely because they got offended.

If you want us to view your hero as a vindictive childish tyrant throwing a tantrum like a baby, this is how we treat tyrants, we make fun of them because tyrants deserve ridicule.

Freud once said, "The first person to hurl an insult instead of a rock started civilization".

Kess Emak

(hint: it's like saying "Your mother is a whore", "You are an illegitimate bastard", and "You have no father" all in one tidy package.)

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13667
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Brian37

Kapkao wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Draw Muhammad every day. Draw him in a skirt. Draw him with a leather collar with studs. Draw him with a red ball mouth gag. Draw him screwing a pig. Draw a woman with a burka spanking him. Draw him on the bottom of a shoe( having the sole of a shoe touch you is an insult for many in Islam.

NOW once again to any Muslim reading this. This is not aimed at non-violent Muslims(although we think all god claims don't make sense, not just yours) This blasphemy is aimed at the childish self centered brats who use violence  merely because they got offended.

If you want us to view your hero as a vindictive childish tyrant throwing a tantrum like a baby, this is how we treat tyrants, we make fun of them because tyrants deserve ridicule.

Freud once said, "The first person to hurl an insult instead of a rock started civilization".

Kess Emak

(hint: it's like saying "Your mother is a whore", "You are an illegitimate bastard", and "You have no father" all in one tidy package.)

Yea and so what? I think it is stupid to kill someone over name calling. Understanding having a reaction to what someone says doesn't mean you shouldn't control yourself when you hear it. One can expect a physical reaction from children and teenagers. But when you are an adult you have no excuse. Some one calls you a name as an adult, you have no right to harm them.

I can't stand Rush Limbaugh, and he says lots of ignorant shit about people he doesn't know personally and makes blanket hateful statements about people all the time. But I would have no right to physically harm him merely because I think he is an asshole.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Kapkao

Brian37 wrote:
Kapkao wrote:

Kess Emak

 

(hint: it's like saying "Your mother is a whore", "You are an illegitimate bastard", and "You have no father" all in one tidy package.)

Yea and so what?


I like showing off the useless bits of trivia I have picked up over the years?

Brian37 wrote:
I think it is stupid to kill someone over name calling.

Another reason why it helps to carry a 9mil with you regardless of what end of the political spectrum you hail from (getting OT here, but justifiably so)

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13667
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Brian37 wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

Brian37 wrote:
Kapkao wrote:

Kess Emak

 

(hint: it's like saying "Your mother is a whore", "You are an illegitimate bastard", and "You have no father" all in one tidy package.)

Yea and so what?

 

I like showing off the useless bits of trivia I have picked up over the years?

Brian37 wrote:
I think it is stupid to kill someone over name calling.


Another reason why it helps to carry a 9mil with you regardless of what end of the political spectrum you hail from (getting OT here, but justifiably so)

Why do I need a gun? Humans are no different than any other species. If someone wants me that badly they are going to sneak up on me, just like a lion on a antelope or a shark on a seal. I might get lucky a minority of the time, but most of the time it doesn't matter.

You are talking politics and religion but the same applies to crime. SOMETIMES  a robber does get thwarted by someone with a gun, but most of the time the "drop" on the mark is so quick they don't have enough time to react.

I am not going to become a paranoid bunker builder when my smoking is more likely to kill me.

Weapons are needed. I agree because everyone of every label in human history has used them for survival. But it is also our default position as a species rather than our common ground of wanting to live.

I am more likely to die in a car crash or disease than I am an act of terrorism.  I don't want a gun, personally, and that is just me. But arming yourself to the teeth because you fear, or don't like another group, is something our species fails to see as harmful LONG TERM, to all of us.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
Posts: 938
Joined: 2008-07-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Why do I need

Brian37 wrote:

Why do I need a gun? Humans are no different than any other species. If someone wants me that badly they are going to sneak up on me, just like a lion on a antelope or a shark on a seal. I might get lucky a minority of the time, but most of the time it doesn't matter.

You are talking politics and religion but the same applies to crime. SOMETIMES  a robber does get thwarted by someone with a gun, but most of the time the "drop" on the mark is so quick they don't have enough time to react.

Baseless speculation.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13667
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:Brian37

Jormungander wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Why do I need a gun? Humans are no different than any other species. If someone wants me that badly they are going to sneak up on me, just like a lion on a antelope or a shark on a seal. I might get lucky a minority of the time, but most of the time it doesn't matter.

You are talking politics and religion but the same applies to crime. SOMETIMES  a robber does get thwarted by someone with a gun, but most of the time the "drop" on the mark is so quick they don't have enough time to react.

Baseless speculation.

How is this baseless?

GUNS are needed, when did I deny that? If our species never held a weapon our species would have gone extinct.

I am saying no matter what country you live in in the world you have more of a risk of dying from things that have nothing to do with politics or religion.

I am saying that self defense IS  a natural instinct which is why humans on a personal level and a national level have weapons.

MY PROBLEM is that far more gets us killed as a species that has nothing to do with war. Far more people die from famine and disease and domestic crime IN EVERY COUNTRY, than all our human wars combined.

I UNDERSTAND wanting to own a gun. But I am not going to fear what someone might do to me when my death is more likely going to happen from mundane things, like the fact that I smoke, or some dip shit driver ran a red light and t-boned me.

9/11 sucked. But far more people died that year from OTHER THINGS, such as disease and domestic crime.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
I changed my mind, on this

I changed my mind, on this one issue:

I *WASN'T* justified on derailing the thread...

Just my $0.02 and all.

 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)