Q about Bob Spence

Fortunate_S
TheistTroll
User is offlineOffline
Q about Bob Spence

Bob's post are so robotic.  I mean, you read them and there is no indication that it is an actual person behind the computer typing them.  Every one of his posts is written like a 11th grade physics text book. 

Does Bob have emotions?

Does he have hobbies?

Does he have a girlfriend?

Kids?

Bob, have you ever cried over the loss of a loved one?

Just give me some indication that you are actually a human being.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:
There are such a people in the world, deal with it. I think Bob isn't the worst case of it, there are the... pro..programmers! They are really alien minds. I know about an extreme case or two of robotism. I don't know if they're like Bob, but in mature age they can mask it really well.

Wait. Wait. Wait.

Luminon, you're saying that you personally know two people who are human bodies that have been hijacked by alien intelligences?

Jesus fucking Christ. How do you still have any money to pay for an internet connection with?

Holy shit, Kevin, if you would know the guys, you'd agree with my proverbial and strictly metaphorical description.
As for the money, it has nothing to do with my or anyone else's mind, it's economic crisis and I'm in a structurally and environmentally damaged region. This means, if you could point me towards any suitable and profitable summer job abroad (preferably UK), I'd be very grateful.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:Holy shit, Kevin, if

Quote:
Holy shit, Kevin, if you would know the guys, you'd agree with my proverbial and strictly metaphorical description. 
As for the money, it has nothing to do with my or anyone else's mind, it's economic crisis and I'm in a structurally and environmentally damaged region. This means, if you could point me towards any suitable and profitable summer job abroad (preferably UK), I'd be very grateful.

Alright, apologies; it's just that I never know when you're being literal or metaphorical with stuff like that. My wonder that you have any disposable income is that someone so gullible hasn't had it all pick-pocketed by fraudsters yet.

Sorry that you're in hard times. Do you have call centers in your city? It's shitty work, but they're almost always hiring because of their turnover rate. 

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Let me just say, If bob is a

Let me just say, If bob is a robot, he is like crazy super advanced and the human race doesn't stand a chance when he decides he wants to take over.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Alright,

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Alright, apologies; it's just that I never know when you're being literal or metaphorical with stuff like that. My wonder that you have any disposable income is that someone so gullible hasn't had it all pick-pocketed by fraudsters yet.

The trick is, that my family and friends run an esoteric club. As a family member it's practically free for me, in return for some help with organization. Our people already tried everything that is on the market, after a decade or two you'll see that most of it is almost worthless. This is why we make our own products, it's very hardcore stuff, not everyone can appreciate it. People appreciate the popular but mostly useless products that feel good. We offer products that will solve people's problems, but require the person to work hard and do what we say. Thus we're focused on relatively small group of people. We don't fit into usual New Age stereotypes, that's only a superficial impression.

Kevin R Brown wrote:
Sorry that you're in hard times. Do you have call centers in your city? It's shitty work, but they're almost always hiring because of their turnover rate. 

Well, I know English language very well, decent basics of French, plus 3 native slavonic languages, so you see I have ambitions.
At the very least I can do shitty work abroad for much more money. But not conveyor belt work. It gave me savings that help me a lot, but it's a real mindfuck. 
The situation is not existentially critical, but it will be a pain in the ass if I'd end up totally dependent on parents Sad

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:Funny.... I

Rich Woods wrote:

Funny.... I read Bob's posts and I think..."I would like to have a beer with that smart motherfucker"

You imply that he's somehow smarter than you simply because of his (unquestionably vast) wealth knowledge. I would disagree: you undoubtedly have many talents that "Bob" could only dream of developing. I'm going to guess you are a master conversationalist and social commentator.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:Let me just say,

Tapey wrote:

Let me just say, If bob is a robot, he is like crazy super advanced and the human race doesn't stand a chance when he decides he wants to take over.

HAHA... too true!

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)