Olberman bitch slappd Palin last night on the issue of the founders beliefs.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Olberman bitch slappd Palin last night on the issue of the founders beliefs.

If this link doesn't work go to the "Countdown" website on MSNBC, go to Keith's website, and look for "Palin wants to revert back to 1775"

Keith bitch slaps her with the Barbary Treaty and Jefferson's "Ridicule" and "Jupiter" quotes.

IT'S ABOUT TIME THESE QUOTES GOT THE SUNLIGHT THEY ALWAYS SHOULD HAVE!

THANK YOU KEITH!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

nkbearsnk
nkbearsnk's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:If this link

Brian37 wrote:

If this link doesn't work go to the "Countdown" website on MSNBC, go to Keith's website, and look for "Palin wants to revert back to 1775"

Keith bitch slaps her with the Barbary Treaty and Jefferson's "Ridicule" and "Jupiter" quotes.

IT'S ABOUT TIME THESE QUOTES GOT THE SUNLIGHT THEY ALWAYS SHOULD HAVE!

THANK YOU KEITH!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/

Jumped on tonight to see if this was posted......Thank you Brian37.

It is unreal how many times I have to hear that we were founded on a Christian nation at work or with the family.......I am glad someone in the News understands History......

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Also, I guess it is nice to

Also, I guess it is nice to know the AZ legislature made fools of themselves.  Not the first time.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I do however, at the risk of

I do however, at the risk of the Dumb and Dumber revisionists on the right, taking what I am about to say about in criticism of Keith's piece as "So you're saying there's a chance".

I do have a criticism of Keith's piece, he rightfully countered Palin's BS with quotes but followed it up with "believers, huh?" but he did not make a distinction which I thought he should have.

THEY DID have some sort of beliefs, a variety of such, some Freemasons, some deists, and some Christians. When Keith was saying "believers, huh" after the founder's quotes, that could falsely lead the dipshits on the right to falsely accuse Keith of claiming the founders were atheists. It was obvious to me what Keith meant was that they were not fundies bent on a theocracy.

It would have been nice for Keith to make that distinction.

The founders did have a variety of beliefs, but all of them thought that freedom of religion was best served when the government stayed neutral on the issue and left it up to the individual. Thus the Barbary Treaty and "No Religious Test" and "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of a religion".

When Keith was saying "believers, huh?" in sarcasm to Palin's asinine "Christian nation" bullshit, he was saying that they were not like you Palin, they did not want a theocracy.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
You deserve a BEER for that!

nkbearsnk wrote:

Jumped on tonight to see if this was posted......Thank you Brian37.

It is unreal how many times I have to hear that we were founded on a Christian nation at work or with the family.......I am glad someone in the News understands History......

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here the video is...

Hope you all enjoy!

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
That was great. Using the

That was great. Using the founders words against her is exactly what we need to be doing to counteract this revisionist history bullshit. Keeping god separate from government is exactly what the founders had in mind. And Palin IS an idiot!

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation