User is offlineOffline
"Oh I'm right! You'll see!"

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is there a point to

Is there a point to this?

No, your sanity failure is not a valid answer.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
"I'm the hand up Mona Lisa's skirt! I'm a surprise, Kevin"

"They don't see me coming..."

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Is there a point to this?

No, your sanity failure is not a valid answer.

Sanity failure? Who made that shit up? You did?! Meh

Nah, I was kinda waiting for you to do another "driveby post" just so I could mock ya for it. And you're right on schedule, my man! Seriously... do you realize how predictable your behavior is... or do you just not give a fuck?

I'm kinda hoping it's the latter answer, myself. But then... these driveby, heckling types... they don't strike me as all that competent, mentally or otherwise.

Now, are you done, or shall we continue to dance?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
"I'm a humanist!"

(favorite scene in the entire movie)

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Build a better bridge Kap.

Build a better bridge Kap. I might come hang out under it with you now and then.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
I love that movie, and I

I love that movie, and I love Al Pachino.  That last monologue in the movie is solid gold, gives me chills.

It doesn't hurt that I've made similar arguments against the Christian idea of God on this very forum!

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, actually...

robj101 wrote:

Build a better bridge Kap. I might come hang out under it with you now and then.

I was kinda hoping you'd keep your spear to yourself

Clockcat, on the other hand...

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:I love that

mellestad wrote:

I love that movie, and I love Al Pachino.  That last monologue in the movie is solid gold, gives me chills.

are you for real???  that movie is terrible!  al pacino is terrible in it!  that was smack in the middle of his hammy acting days.  i swear, they should never have given him an oscar for scent of a woman.  after that, he couldn't go 30 seconds in a film without shouting.  i mean, i kept expecting the devil to go "HOO-AH!" at any second, for fuck's sake.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Another heckler approaches!

Another heckler approaches! All are welcome in my threads!

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Another heckler

Kapkao wrote:

i'm not heckling you, i'm heckling mellestad.  i already accepted the fact that you have the movie tastes of a college sophomore with cinderblocks and a two-by-four four for an entertainment center.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Kapkao

iwbiek wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

i'm not heckling you, i'm heckling mellestad.  i already accepted the fact that you have the movie tastes of a college sophomore with cinderblocks and a two-by-four four for an entertainment center.

Cool. I have accepted you have not a shred of critical thinking ability within your undoubtedly base, frail mind. So uhh... run along now, Trotsky-cheerleader, and continue being unable to think critically in ANY measurable level whatsoever.

Will that be all now, Trotsky cheerleader?

robj101 wrote:

Rob... I'm starting to regret that unfortunate little publicity stunt of mine. It got some satisfying results, but apparently has drawn a great deal of undue of attention to my (SSRI-induced) behavior over the internet. Just so everyone knows

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:iwbiek

Kapkao wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

Cool. I have accepted you have not a shred of critical thinking ability within your undoubtedly base, frail mind. So uhh... run along now, Trotsky-cheerleader, and continue being unable to think critically in ANY measurable level whatsoever.

Will that be all now, Trotsky cheerleader?

did you even know who the fuck trotsky was before you ran into me?

--Hunter S. Thompson

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:did you even

iwbiek wrote:

did you even know who the fuck trotsky was before you ran into me?

Yes, I did. Exiled from Russia, killed in Mexico City (by CIA agents), right?

Why do you ask, o feebleminded one?

(uggghhh. Thread got derailed again)

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Well, from what little I got

Well, from what little I got in a quick google, it seems that ream after ream of documents exist in support of the idea that Ramon Mercarder was an NKVD tool.  So odds are that the CIA had nothing to do with that one.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:mellestad

iwbiek wrote:

mellestad wrote:

are you for real???  that movie is terrible!  al pacino is terrible in it!  that was smack in the middle of his hammy acting days.  i swear, they should never have given him an oscar for scent of a woman.  after that, he couldn't go 30 seconds in a film without shouting.  i mean, i kept expecting the devil to go "HOO-AH!" at any second, for fuck's sake.

Sad

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Well, from what little I got in a quick google, it seems that ream after ream of documents exist in support of the idea that Ramon Mercarder was an NKVD tool.  So odds are that the CIA had nothing to do with that one.

bingo.  you beat me to it.

just out of curiosity, why did you care enough to google trotsky?

--Hunter S. Thompson

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:iwbiek

mellestad wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

mellestad wrote:

Sad

I wouldn't take it personally Mellestad. Iwbiek is neither the most intellectually robust NOR the most verbally decisive individual to claim to be an 'atheist'.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
o.O

Oh, okay... well, 'heavily watered down version of Vladimir Lenin' doesn't strike me as worth an internet search. But, there isn't ANY historical discussion that doesn't get highly pedantic after a few posts, so I'll poor Trotsky alone now.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Answers in Gene

Kapkao wrote:

Oh, okay... well, 'heavily watered down version of Vladimir Lenin' doesn't strike me as worth an internet search. But, there isn't ANY historical discussion that doesn't get highly pedantic after a few posts, so I'll poor Trotsky alone now.

uh-huh.  and how much lenin have you read?

you know what, you're right.  let's can the history.  back to al pacino and keanu reeves.

--Hunter S. Thompson

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:mellestad

Kapkao wrote:

mellestad wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

mellestad wrote:

Sad

I wouldn't take it personally Mellestad. Iwbiek is neither the most intellectually robust NOR the most verbally decisive individual to claim to be an 'atheist'.

you know what, kapkao, you are full of fucking shit.  if your standard of intellect is agreeing with your taste in movies or otherwise being impressed by your cryptic insights, i'm not interested in being an intellectual.  but if you have another standard, like the standard most people go by, i'm willing to meet you halfway and allow you to devise a way to prove to me and everyone else here that you are my intellectual superior.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:you know what,

iwbiek wrote:

you know what, kapkao, you are full of fucking shit.  if your standard of intellect is agreeing with your taste in movies or otherwise being impressed by your cryptic insights, i'm not interested in being an intellectual.  but if you have another standard, like the standard most people go by, i'm willing to meet you halfway and allow you to devise a way to prove to me and everyone else here that you are my intellectual superior.

Dude, my standard is somewhere around "don't start things you aren't willing to finish"

*face twitching*

Your capacity for foresight seems to diminish everytime you and I talk... but, alas... it's hella fun pouring salt in your emotional wounds, because... well... it's too damned easy sometimes and you most certainly have it coming to you, sometimes.

Now, shall we dance, dear brother?

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline

Kapkao wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Dude, my standard is somewhere around "don't start things you aren't willing to finish"

*face twitching*

Your capacity for foresight seems to diminish everytime you and I talk... but, alas... it's hella fun pouring salt in your emotional wounds, because... well... it's too damned easy sometimes and you most certainly have it coming to you, sometimes.

Now, shall we dance, dear brother?

dance?

--Hunter S. Thompson

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
I was thinking of dropping some pervy innuendo here...BUT

iwbiek wrote:

dance?

Y'know... argue back and forth over the internet about meaningless bull, ad infinitum? You might actually win, Iwbiek, but... well, winning arguments, Special Olympics, etc.

*facial twitching*

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline

Kapkao wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

dance?

Y'know... argue back and forth over the internet about meaningless bull, ad infinitum? You might actually win, Iwbiek, but... well, winning arguments, Special Olympics, etc.

*facial twitching*

nope, 'sall yours.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
So, ummm... childish projections aside.. back to subject matter!

(apparently K.. Reeves screams too!)

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bad taste in movies eh? I

Bad taste in movies eh? I like this terrible unpolitically correct crapfest kind of stuff, good as it gets.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
fail

"Bad taste"=subjective

addendum

Rob, if you want someone to give you a good spear-chucking, maybe you should stick to whatthedeuce.  I'll stick to a primarily slutty babe/twink diet. (when I can actually be bothered to leave my pad, that is)

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Answers in Gene

iwbiek wrote:

bingo.  you beat me to it.

just out of curiosity, why did you care enough to google trotsky?

Well, I would assume by now that I happen to be an information sponge.  It seemed worth knowing, so I looked for it.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote: "Bad

Kapkao wrote:

"Bad taste"=subjective

addendum

Rob, if you want someone to give you a good spear-chucking, maybe you should stick to whatthedeuce.  I'll stick to a primarily slutty babe/twink diet. (when I can actually be bothered to leave my pad, that is)

You are a strange individual.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
At least I'm not the one with a dog's asshole for an avatar

robj101 wrote:

You are a strange individual.

TELL ME SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW, BEAR.

edit; UGH! Those smilies are a bit suggestive.... drat.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Well, I would assume by now that I happen to be an information sponge.  It seemed worth knowing, so I looked for it.

If you're an "information sponge"... I'm Lance Armstrong. *face twitches* On a more sincere note...

I, on the other hand, appear to be an Idiot Magnet. They follow me around for no explicable reason other than to repair a damaged/bruised ego.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Thats pretty bad, too bad I can't post the trailer for the movie scene I linked, too much rated R stuff.

But Terror Firmer pwns pretty much anything I have seen, as far as terrible goes while still being funny as hell if you have the sick sense of humor.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:If you're an

Kapkao wrote:
If you're an "information sponge"... I'm Lance Armstrong.

So now you are claiming that you only have one nut?  And even that does not work quite right?

Why am I not surprised?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons aka Village idiot

Kapkao wrote:
If you're an "information sponge"... I'm Lance Armstrong.

So now you are claiming that you only have one nut?  And even that does not work quite right?

I dunno, do you need a new sarcasm detector?

Or do you simply break yours on purpose?

Maybe you spare no effort imaginable to come off like a shitferbrains.

Quote:

Why am I not surprised?

Ah, so in addition to not understanding sarcasm, you fail at common sense too. Glad to hear it!

I wouldn't know, as I'm not a mind reader...

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Answers in Gene

Kapkao wrote:

If you're an "information sponge"... I'm Lance Armstrong. *face twitches* On a more sincere note...

I, on the other hand, appear to be an Idiot Magnet. They follow me around for no explicable reason other than to repair a damaged/bruised ego.

if you leave this site forever, i guarantee i for one will not follow you.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aw, you poor thing!

iwbiek wrote:

You'd like that, wouldn't you?

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:iwbiek wrote:if

Kapkao wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

You'd like that, wouldn't you?

yes, i would fucking love it.  not because you "challenge" me on some deep personal level, which you vaguely claim to do from time to time, but for the simple fact that you annoy the shit out of me. 

well, i guess if one can say a fly buzzing incessantly in my ear at 6 in the morning challenges me on some deep personal level, then perhaps you do too, but to no greater degree.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Poor little baby... just

Poor little baby... just can't get enough of me. Challenge you on some deep personal level? I don't recall saying that. I do recall taking a great deal of joy poking fun at your limitless stupidity.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Poor little

Kapkao wrote:

Poor little baby... just can't get enough of me. Challenge you on some deep personal level? I don't recall saying that. I do recall taking a great deal of joy poking fun at your limitless stupidity.

of course you do, when your idea of "stupidity" is not appreciating kapkao.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Me>Answers

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
*sigh*

iwbiek wrote:

of course you do, when your idea of "stupidity" is not appreciating kapkao.

(Why do you get so defensive anyways, Iwbiek? Put on a thicker skin already! Recognize my posts for what they are: provocative flamebait.)

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think some films are still

I think some films are still good despite having Keanu Reeves in them but I don't think that's one of them. The Matrix was good because he's believable as a clueless guy sucked into another dimension who doesn't know what's going on but can fight. In Bill and Ted's excellent adventure I assume he was playing himself. A Scanner Darkly was good for him too because he played someone who has severe brain damage. I usually pass on his films but I hear that he's doing an adaptation of Cowboy Beebop so I'll have to see how that turns out. It seems promising.  

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
And I'm still curious why

And I'm still curious why GAUCHE HAS DISABLED MESSAGING! ARRRGGHHHH

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Could it be because your PMs

Could it be because your PMs are even more pointless that what you post?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
How's this for pointless!

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't want to get pm'd,

I don't want to get pm'd, people sign up and start spamming. Look at these clips and tell me that he's not perfect for this. Imagine Reeves doing and saying these things and prepare for a full on keanu-gasm. I know it's going to be a stretch because the character has personality but they'll probably make up for it with a good story and supporting cast.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft