Science > Religion

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Science > Religion

Science saves lives. Science cures disease. Science has extended our lifespans. Science fixes "god's" mistakes (conjoined twins etc.)

Prayer has been shown to do absolutely nothing, it's not even a good placebo effect.

Science has taken us to the moon. Science has given us air conditioning. Science has given us an automobile. Science has given us means to travel around the world quickly. Science has given us internet and so many things you could not list them all. Without science we would still live in hovels bowing and worshipping that which can't be seen.

Best of all science does not require daily worship, nor is it a lofty "jealous" god. You need not have faith in science, you can see it in action daily from the time you roll out of your bed that was manufactured by machines.

So what exactly has religion done for us and why?

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
A lot actually

robj101 wrote:

It has given us so much horrible... wait, you mean GOOD things, don't you. Well yeah, if your asking for good things it has done, I'm at a loss.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101...but!!!!

Religion has given us the excuse to hate anything that we do not agree with,  religion has given us the 'holey book'with that we do not need anything else,  not even science.  Religion has given us any easy  'out' in history, geography and science class tests;  "Goddidit!!" and with that you get straight  Á's.

Religion has given us slavery (Damn that atheist Lincoln), segragation, apartied, and a lot of other good valid excuses to behave like an asshole and not feel guilty about it   After all who needs health insurence when I can pray for a cure and send my money to Benny Hinn.

Thank you Lord Jesus!!!!  Thanks to you I don't have to think at all { it gives me headaches anyways}.  Thanks to religion we don't have to be realistic or sane or normal!!!  Reality SUCKS!! SCREW SANITY: Let's be religious.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Whatthedeuce
atheist
Whatthedeuce's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Science saves

robj101 wrote:

Science saves lives. Science cures disease. Science has extended our lifespans. Science fixes "god's" mistakes (conjoined twins etc.)

Prayer has been shown to do absolutely nothing, it's not even a good placebo effect.

Science has taken us to the moon. Science has given us air conditioning. Science has given us an automobile. Science has given us means to travel around the world quickly. Science has given us internet and so many things you could not list them all. Without science we would still live in hovels bowing and worshipping that which can't be seen.

Best of all science does not require daily worship, nor is it a lofty "jealous" god. You need not have faith in science, you can see it in action daily from the time you roll out of your bed that was manufactured by machines.

IMO religion has provided one useful thing to humanity.

Religion has provided a way of helping to maintain the structure of societies. Throughout history, various governments were justified by religion, and various nations were unified by it. IMO, this has been beneficial in many cases, however, it doesn't have any relevance to our current society.

I don't understand why the Christians I meet find it so confusing that I care about the fact that they are wasting huge amounts of time and resources playing with their imaginary friend. Even non-confrontational religion hurts atheists because we live in a society which is constantly wasting resources and rejecting rational thinking.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wolf>Sheepkthx  

Wolf>Sheep

kthx