Your favorite video games

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Your favorite video games

I just bought aliens vs. predator, I enjoyed the 1999 release of the same name immensly. It occured to me that others here might game a bit.

So in no particular order I shall name some of of my favorite games.

Star Wars: Jedi Academy

Gothic 1 and 2

The Doom series

The first Aliens Vs Predator as mentioned already.

Resident Evil 1-3

Megaman, all of the early ones.

Ghengis Khan for the old NES, I still have this, just need an old nes to play it.

The Bioshock series.

I guess I would have to say WoW since I played it for 3 years.

System Shock 1-2

The command and conquor series.

I'll think of some more later.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zanarkand wrote:Havent

Zanarkand wrote:

Havent played any soldier of fortune games. Anyway all of the games i have ever played in my life are either downloaded or pirated. HAHAHA. video games here in the philippines are downright expensive. I only earn a dollar an hour if converted on american currency on my  current retail job!

I only torrented one game, and the cd key generator that came with it had a virus attached. So I didn't do that again. Needed the cd key to play online. But I used to:

Zanarkand
Zanarkand's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:Though I

Gauche wrote:

Though I disapprove of your piracy, I will defend to the death your right to do it.

Just kidding, I don't disapprove.

My one original game is Final Fantasy VIII. other than that, all pirated purchases. I havent dreamt of wanting a playstation 3 at present, since blu ray from what i have researched is very hard to pirate. I also disapprove about piracy too. I buy original music. but foreign video games are just very expensive here. better to buy for daily rations  than original shit in a 3rd world country!

Not only can water float a boat, It can sink it also.

Zanarkand
Zanarkand's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote: I only

robj101 wrote:

I only torrented one game, and the cd key generator that came with it had a virus attached. So I didn't do that again. Needed the cd key to play online. But I used to:

i always experience something like that. thats why before i download anything i browse user comments if the file is legit. i am currently killing my time playing Empire: Total war, and it is just downloaded! Laughing out loud

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
I liked the ps2 because all

I liked the ps2 because all you needed was a swap disk. Sony can munch my crank, they are an evil corporation. With their rootkits and such, and disabling advertised features on their products after people have paid for them.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here is a moderately

Here is a moderately interesting interview on the guy that was used as a consultant, and the lead character in the soldier of fortune games.

http://archive.gamespy.com/legacy/interviews/mullins_a.shtm

I'm really suprised the first 2 are not on any top fps of all time lists. It was the first shooter that allowed you to blow arms legs and heads off, shoot people in the neck foot croth etc and they acted realisticly. It was great fun >< and they claim on wikipedia it still has a strong online gameplay following.

I really used to enjoy the simulated war games that take a week to do anything (lol) but I just don't seem to have the patience anymore. I barely got through the last command and conquer campaign. I want to play sins of a solar empire, I bought it..and never got past the tutorial /yawwwwwwn

Some games, like this aliens vs predator I got, annoy the shit out of me at the end. It's fun and all then at the very end it changes, you have to jump around like mad on some tiles surrounded by lava, shoot and jump and run, it's annoying. A lot of games do that though.

Zanarkand
Zanarkand's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Here is a

robj101 wrote:

Here is a moderately interesting interview on the guy that was used as a consultant, and the lead character in the soldier of fortune games.

I'm really suprised the first 2 are not on any top fps of all time lists. It was the first shooter that allowed you to blow arms legs and heads off, shoot people in the neck foot croth etc and they acted realisticly. It was great fun >< and they claim on wikipedia it still has a strong online gameplay following.

buy just your description i was already impressed by what that game has to offer. ill be sure to have a look at it.

robj101 wrote:

I really used to enjoy the simulated war games that take a week to do anything (lol) but I just don't seem to have the patience anymore. I barely got through the last command and conquer campaign. I want to play sins of a solar empire, I bought it..and never got past the tutorial /yawwwwwwn

have you played any total war games? i was playing the tutorial around 10 in the evening, and i was contemplating at sleeping already or just keep playing because it hooked me up. i was impressed by the strategies. you really have to think your formations.

robj101 wrote:

Some games, like this aliens vs predator I got, annoy the shit out of me at the end. It's fun and all then at the very end it changes, you have to jump around like mad on some tiles surrounded by lava, shoot and jump and run, it's annoying. A lot of games do that though.

i hate those types of games. i hate games that at the beggining you fight with humans (like onimusha) and then you fight crazy demon like counterparts. i also hate dungeon crawling games. bores the shit out of me

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zanarkand wrote:robj101

Zanarkand wrote:

robj101 wrote:

buy just your description i was already impressed by what that game has to offer. ill be sure to have a look at it.

robj101 wrote:

have you played any total war games? i was playing the tutorial around 10 in the evening, and i was contemplating at sleeping already or just keep playing because it hooked me up. i was impressed by the strategies. you really have to think your formations.

robj101 wrote:

i hate those types of games. i hate games that at the beggining you fight with humans (like onimusha) and then you fight crazy demon like counterparts. i also hate dungeon crawling games. bores the shit out of me

Well we differ on the dungeon games, I am enjoying Risen immensely. It's pretty hard to play for a rpg though, the combat is tricky. I don't know if it is really a dungeon crawl game actually, I guess it is kind of an fps rpg. But there are dungeons!

I'm hoping some others here will play apb when it comes out and we can start an atheist gang LOL. Actually it would be more fitting to play on the law enforcement side I suppose, hmm.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zanarkand wrote:robj101

Zanarkand wrote:

robj101 wrote:

SoF series singlehandedly held the title of "Most violent game... EVER" for many years.

Walk around corner, shoot enemy in his thigh, he'll drop down to the ground holding his leg and squirm.

Stand over him, shoot him in the head, blood and brains splatter all over.

Pull out your knife and begin to hack away at his corpse, peices will litterally fly off his body... not just arms and legs, but intestines, lungs, heart... everything!

Very violent game for its time.

What Would Kharn Do?

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Zanarkand wrote:

robj101 wrote:

SoF series singlehandedly held the title of "Most violent game... EVER" for many years.

Walk around corner, shoot enemy in his thigh, he'll drop down to the ground holding his leg and squirm.

Stand over him, shoot him in the head, blood and brains splatter all over.

Pull out your knife and begin to hack away at his corpse, peices will litterally fly off his body... not just arms and legs, but intestines, lungs, heart... everything!

Very violent game for its time.

Yea, the storyline wasn't all that awesome but the way it played (besides just the gore) was fun for it's time too. Shame they borked part 3, total bug fest.

I remember the long nights on goldeneye, shooting people in the feet on purpose, lol. Awesome goldeneye vid here:

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
^ I had totally forgotten

^ I had totally forgotten how good that video was.

100percentAtheist
atheist
100percentAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Maybe you have seen this one

Maybe you have seen this one already, but certainly it fits this thread.  Smiling

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2010/04/12/wal-mart-expanding-christian-games-sales

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
100percentAtheist

100percentAtheist wrote:

Maybe you have seen this one already, but certainly it fits this thread.  Smiling

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2010/04/12/wal-mart-expanding-christian-games-sales

What is a christian game? Is that a light game like, happy clean no gore kind of game or something?

Zanarkand
Zanarkand's picture
User is offlineOffline
ya hearin that funny sound @

ya hearin that funny sound @ the first page? wheres that coming from? LOL

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Zanarkand wrote:ya hearin

Zanarkand wrote:

ya hearin that funny sound @ the first page? wheres that coming from? LOL

#2 post, Gauche posted that frogger autoplay vid... thing

What Would Kharn Do?

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
I though after I posted that

I though after I posted that this thread would completely stop and everyone would just play frogger. Trying to get the high score and unlock the secret level. Instead everybody started talking about lame ass bullshit that nobody wants to play. So now we see who are the gamers and who are the...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Uh oh, what is it boy? Trouble? Trouble at the old mill?

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
I saw a frog the other day

I saw a frog the other day crossing the road, I bet it weighed two pounds, I did think of frogger. Biggest frog I have seen in a long time. Frogs like that are almost as rare as "horny toads" anymore. Used to see quite a few of them when I was a kid.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not necessarily, (Note: rant about online gaming follows)

Main Gauche wrote:
lame ass bullshit

There are many stupid games out there. Games that test 'reflexes' and (so-called) 'skill' do little else but score a player's ability to exploit and (sometimes!) even hack into the game's executable file. MMORPGS practically do the same, although instead of 'reflexes' and 'skill', they test willingness to invest time. And some actual money, meaning bids on Ebay! I don't care what Answers says about this; it is infinitely more rewarding to start a game up with all the nice toys then to simply GRIND your way there, during which you may not have the first clue wtf your doing NOR will you necessarily be having fun "grinding" your way to the top. And unless any of you have played UO (from 97-98), Dark Sun Online, NWN via AOL, or Telnet MUDs (all from mid-90s)...

...I dare suggest I have a good bit more experience with Online Gaming than most of you.

Once you get in to the competitive realms... it is STRICTLY about "e-penis" length; nothing else. (Not unlike many other things on the internet...) It caters almost EXCLUSIVELY to the 15-35 male audience with nearly every release, and the further back in chronology you go with Online Gaming... the more readily apparent this becomes. Very little effort has been made on behalf of Game Developers to keep the "prats" of Online Gaming from playing with the "non-prats".

(Props to Lum_the_mad AKA Scott Jennings for the phrases I've used previously)

This means grief players and opportunistic PKs are given broad reign over 'unsafe gaming area'. Let's also not forget how many whiners there are in online gaming, as well. Nobody's being paid to listen to everyone's BMGing, but the youngest audience of online, subscription-based players... don't seem to give a shit. NOW....

...<rant="off">

The only "fun" games for me have been of the "Sandbox" variety... open, nonlinear game environs that don't "rail" a player into 'two or three choices' at any major structural turn-point in the gameplay, and naturally, the game's design in general.

Iwbiek, B166ER, Magus and Normunglisted some interesting choices for favorite computer games.(I love the classics, myself) These games were, in fact, Sandbox type games, like:

Sim City, Caesar, Civilization, Colonization, Capitalism, Settlers, Seven Kingdoms, King's Bounty/Heroes of Might & Magic, The Sims, Masters of Orion, Galactic Civilizations, Oblivion, Second Life, Gaia Online.... and of course, SPORE are essentially  Sandbox Games. You decide how to master the challenges presented by these titles, for the most part. And for a few assorted screenies from the games I like to play:

magus wrote:
I have never played an MMO

I wish someone had been there to tell me "DON'T DO IT!" back when I got interested in playing classic Everquest. What a hurdle that game was on release... @verant.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:History, the

Tapey wrote:
History, the best story that has ever been told. Best plot as well.

All too true!

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote: There are

Kapkao wrote:

There are many stupid games out there. Games that test 'reflexes' and (so-called) 'skill' do little else but score a player's ability to exploit and (sometimes!) even hack into the game's executable file. MMORPGS practically do the same, although instead of 'reflexes' and 'skill', they test willingness to invest time. And some actual money, meaning bids on Ebay! I don't care what Answers says about this; it is infinitely more rewarding to start a game up with all the nice toys then to simply GRIND your way there, during which you may not have the first clue wtf your doing NOR will you necessarily be having fun "grinding" your way to the top. And unless any of you have played UO (from 97-98), Dark Sun Online, NWN via AOL, or Telnet MUDs (all from mid-90s)...

...<rant="off">

Spot on with  mmorpgers.  But they can be fun playing with friends, but other than that .....

Kapkao wrote:

The only "fun" games for me have been of the "Sandbox" variety... open, nonlinear game environs that don't "rail" a player into 'two or three choices' at any major structural turn-point in the gameplay, and naturally, the game's design in general.

Iwbiek, B166ER, Magus and Normunglisted some interesting choices for favorite computer games.(I love the classics, myself) These games were, in fact, Sandbox type games, like:

Sim City, Caesar, Civilization, Colonization, Capitalism, Settlers, Seven Kingdoms, King's Bounty/Heroes of Might & Magic, The Sims, Masters of Orion, Galactic Civilizations, Oblivion, Second Life, Gaia Online.... and of course, SPORE are essentially  Sandbox Games. You decide how to master the challenges presented by these titles, for the most part. And for a few assorted screenies from the games I like to play:

Im going to have to butt in here.... spore? really? Look I was expecting the world from that game and it was just a huge let down. Dancing to make friends? the hell man... what the hell. Those begining stages  needed to be better thought out. It felt like playing a kidies game until the space age and then it turned into a single player mmorpger, just grinding making and taking planets, the same procesess over and over. It could of been great but needed to be thought out more. Now if the civilisation stage had been like the actual game civilisation and the space age just as awesome. it would of won best game ever ever in my books. But it feels like 5 badly made games stuck together. But maybe its because I built it up to much in my mind that is why i didnt like it.

But for the most part I agree sandbox games generally the most fun. Although I do like a good old fashioned go there and kill everything game now and then.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's usually better to just

It's usually better to just hunt the SHIT out of the "Creature" stage. And yeah, spore plays like it was meant for the "3 and up" audience; no doubt!

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
I enjoyed leveling

I enjoyed leveling characters in WoW. To an extent it did take a bit of skill to pvp in wow. Of course some classes were easier, but try face rolling for real and see if you actually win, lol. But I will agree it is MOSTLY a timesink. I enjoyed my time playing WoW, and then I enjoyed $350.00 when I sold my account, I pretty much got all the money back I had invested and got to enjoy the game for over 2 years. I have a lvl 47 and a few lvl 30's on aion, kinda thinking about selling that, I wonder if it's worth anything ><

But as far as levelling on a mmo..the original EQ was freakin fun, well untill you got to 50, then it became a lame ass grindfest, camping a spot for hours on end killing the same mobs over and over and over .....But then again I had a couple of friends playing with me. I remember once when we were n00bs I spotted a griffon, told my friend "check this out" he gets close and asks, "will it kill us?" and about that time, smack, he died. I got a ss and laughed my ass off and torment him to this day about it. Good times. No mmo since has captured the fun and drawn me in like that one did. A few have come close, at least pvp wise, EQ pvp suk'd.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote: I have a lvl

robj101 wrote:

I have a lvl 47 and a few lvl 30's on aion, kinda thinking about selling that, I wonder if it's worth anything ><

Its not... believe me, ive checked... " Worst... MMO... EVER! (this coming from the guy who played A.O for 5years) "

What Would Kharn Do?

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

robj101 wrote:

I have a lvl 47 and a few lvl 30's on aion, kinda thinking about selling that, I wonder if it's worth anything ><

Its not... believe me, ive checked... " Worst... MMO... EVER! (this coming from the guy who played A.O for 5years) "

I played ao off an on, I had an adventurer, I think I got him to lvl 112 or some such. I still think leets were a good idea and may yet buy a stuffed one on ebay lol.

The sheer amount of stuff in ao is amazing, though I still got bored of it. Choppy laggy game even on a good system.

edit: actually I have played most of the well known mmo's, I never played daoc, prolly the biggest one I never tried. I have played them since the pre trammel days of UO.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote: I still

robj101 wrote:

I still think leets were a good idea and may yet buy a stuffed one on ebay lol.

Quite possibly one of the most entertaining enemies ever devised!

(for those who have no clue)

a "Leet" in A.O is an oversized, bug-eyed hamster that spoke only in "leet speak"

Piss one off it'll charge saying something to the affect of " Ima keel joo!!! "

It would spout taunts through the fight and generally try to piss the player off by acting like worst internet people you would encounter

Very novel idea! (especially considering it was 2001 or so)

What Would Kharn Do?

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Another words... TDS's account is linked to more than 1 individual.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hp assistant sux, I'm in the

Hp assistant sux, I'm in the middle of a firefight playin metro 2033 and it minimizes the game to do an update. Guess I'll have to figure out how to turn that crap off.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Any BIG gamers here, with

Any BIG gamers here, with expensive rigs? I'm just usin a 289$ compaq with a vid card that is almost as big as a toaster lawl it barely fits, 4 gigs of ddr3, athalon2 x2 240. Vid card is the nvidia geforce 260 o/c. The comp is cheap and I wouldn't reccomend this model, I didn't even realize it has no media slots and no jack for an extra harddrive, but I guess thats what ya get for 289$. It did come w/ windows 7 64 bit. Seems ok but I was actually happy w/ xp as far as gaming goes.

I have a friend that has a relatively new alienware, but my cheap ass comp seems to play games as good as his 1500$ thing.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Any BIG gamers

robj101 wrote:

Any BIG gamers here, with expensive rigs? I'm just usin a 289$ compaq with a vid card that is almost as big as a toaster lawl it barely fits, 4 gigs of ddr3, athalon2 x2 240. Vid card is the nvidia geforce 260 o/c. The comp is cheap and I wouldn't reccomend this model, I didn't even realize it has no media slots and no jack for an extra harddrive, but I guess thats what ya get for 289$. It did come w/ windows 7 64 bit. Seems ok but I was actually happy w/ xp as far as gaming goes.

I have a friend that has a relatively new alienware, but my cheap ass comp seems to play games as good as his 1500$ thing.

Yeah your PC kills mine.... i think, not that I know much about this stuff.

here is what im running

athalon 64 x2 dual core processor 6000+

3.01 GHz

Nvida Geforce 8600 GT

2gb ddr ram

oooh and im stilll running windows home edition.

Its about 3 years old if im remembering right and was basically the middle to bottom of the line back then

and iv yet to find a game that it cannot run... well execpt amour. Kinda at the end of its life span I think.

All animals are equal.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vista home edition? ugh I

Vista home edition? ugh I heard it was pretty bad.

It sounds like a setup I had, I ran crysis on a rig like that, it ran fine till it started snowing on the island, then it chop chop chopped out.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
The game "Portal" is free

The game "Portal" is free untill the 24th if anyone wants to play a decent game...free

kayoubi
Superfan
kayoubi's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:robj101

Tapey wrote:

robj101 wrote:

here is what im running

3.01 GHz

Nvida Geforce 8600 GT

2gb ddr ram

Its about 3 years old if im remembering right and was basically the middle to bottom of the line back then

and iv yet to find a game that it cannot run... well execpt amour. Kinda at the end of its life span I think.

Just get a couple more gigs of RAM and a new video card and you'd be set for a while IMO. Also, I'm loving Win7! And your processor is better than mine! Shocked

'Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. God wants you to go to war.'

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
kayoubi wrote:Tapey

kayoubi wrote:

Tapey wrote:

robj101 wrote:

here is what im running

3.01 GHz

Nvida Geforce 8600 GT

2gb ddr ram

Just get a couple more gigs of RAM and a new video card and you'd be set for a while IMO. Also, I'm loving Win7! And your processor is better than mine! Shocked

Years ago I built a couple of my own, but since then, with the tech they come with nowdays I just buy whatever is on sale and do just as you suggested to him. Buy more ram and a vid card and your good to go. The games they are making at this time are not pushing the envelope like they were a few years ago.

Zanarkand
Zanarkand's picture
User is offlineOffline
Im currently playing

Im currently playing assassins creed. anyone here played that?

it has an interesting plot by the way. they were talking about a "piece of eden" in which if obtained can give you anything you want.

it is said in the game that the creation story, the flood, and the bible were only believed by people because a person who once possessed a piece of eden wanted

the story to work out that way. the game had a knack on religion so it was pretty interesting. the piece of eden deludes people!

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Vista home

robj101 wrote:

Vista home edition? ugh I heard it was pretty bad.

It sounds like a setup I had, I ran crysis on a rig like that, it ran fine till it started snowing on the island, then it chop chop chopped out.

oops i see i neglected to say which windows... xp home edition. no service packs because i had some corruption in my windows files which prevented me from updating directx and windows.. i fixed it a couple days ago though. As a result i couldn't update to a newer windows as i would of had to format my hardrive.

funny story, because of my lack of service packs and new directx updates many games wouldn't install saying they needed them. so I installled the games on my labtop copied them over to my pc and cracked them and they worked perfectly without the service packs and newer versions of directx which the games claimed they needed and refused to install because i lacked them.

All animals are equal.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Zanarkand wrote:Im currently

Zanarkand wrote:

it has an interesting plot by the way. they were talking about a "piece of eden" in which if obtained can give you anything you want.

it is said in the game that the creation story, the flood, and the bible were only believed by people because a person who once possessed a piece of eden wanted

the story to work out that way. the game had a knack on religion so it was pretty interesting. the piece of eden deludes people!

... wait... assassins creed has a plot? i thought you're just supposed to run around slitting the throats of crusaders and beating the crap out of beggars o_O

What Would Kharn Do?

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
kayoubi wrote:Tapey

kayoubi wrote:

Tapey wrote:

robj101 wrote:

here is what im running

3.01 GHz

Nvida Geforce 8600 GT

2gb ddr ram

the ram I can handle, its the video card that is out of my price range atm. And realy I see no need to update quiet yet as I say there is only one game that laged and that im whiling to bet had something to do with my lack of directx, windows service packs and the fact i havent updated my graphics card drivers since the day i got the thing which was 3 years ago. the game wanted me to update all of those before it would install and i couldnt so i used a round about method discribed one post up. Next year I will probably do a big upgrade when i have more cash, thats how long i expect it to last in any case.

All animals are equal.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Zanarkand wrote:

... wait... assassins creed has a plot? i thought you're just supposed to run around slitting the throats of crusaders and beating the crap out of beggars o_O

assassins creed 2 fixes that. they make u play as an itailian that cares more about style than anything else. really what amour has flair collars and that many stylish   little extras.

assassins creed 2 to is exeilent though. assassins creed 1 one really sucks in comparsion. The first one really doesn't have that much of a story more of a go there and kill him because i said so type vibe. The second game impressed me, the length is exeilent, the story, well they did there best to rescue it from the first game and did a decent job. gameplay much the same as the first with a few improvements.

a little spioler

And my fav part in the second game you kill the pope. fantastic. except that you don't

All animals are equal.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:The Doomed Soul

Tapey wrote:

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Zanarkand wrote:

assassins creed 2 fixes that. they make u play as an itailian that cares more about style than anything else. really what amour has flair collars and that many stylish   little extras.

assassins creed 2 to is exeilent though. assassins creed 1 one really sucks in comparsion. The first one really doesn't have that much of a story more of a go there and kill him because i said so type vibe. The second game impressed me, the length is exeilent, the story, well they did there best to rescue it from the first game and did a decent job. gameplay much the same as the first with a few improvements.

a little spioler

and my fav part in the second game you kill the pope. fantastic. except that you don't

I couldn't finish the first assasins creed, I was too bored with it.

I'm waiting on bioshock 3 or fallout 4 or something >< Not much on the market that interests me right now. Im playin xeno clash off and on, it is hard and I am already getting frustrated with it. I just don't have the patience I used to have with games.

Really awaiting the release of apb because I still like fps and mmo's.

Zanarkand
Zanarkand's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Zanarkand wrote:

well yeah i found it suprising too. then i realized thats why theres this warning before you play the game that it was developed by people of different religions and beliefs to avoid angry ass criticisms about the game.

Zanarkand
Zanarkand's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:assassins creed

Tapey wrote:

a little spioler

And my fav part in the second game you kill the pope. fantastic. except that you don't

have you played the 2nd? was it better? im planning to try it.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zanarkand wrote:Tapey

Zanarkand wrote:

Tapey wrote:

a little spioler

have you played the 2nd? was it better? im planning to try it.

Trust me on this the second they fix 90% of the problems of the first game. And imo really don't create any new ones.

The gameplay in the first was always the best thing for me, but it got repetetive after abit. The rest of the game was just lame, there werent enough assassinations, you had to do random meaningless tasks between them that were boring etc etc etc. The second game makes those random meaningless tasks and makes them optional. They introduce a money system were you have to buy and upgrade weapons and amour (and don't make it so you have to spend all your time getting money). In the first game there is like 5 assassination in the third there are closer to 20 and there is more of a story., the combat is improved but still too easy and the runny jumpy climby bits are just as good. you get some really cool new weapons which spice up the gameplay. if you played the first and thought it was good i cannot see how you wouldn't love the second. I thought the first was ok but the second really impressed me.

All animals are equal.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote: I couldn't

robj101 wrote:

I couldn't finish the first assasins creed, I was too bored with it.

I'm waiting on bioshock 3 or fallout 4 or something >< Not much on the market that interests me right now. Im playin xeno clash off and on, it is hard and I am already getting frustrated with it. I just don't have the patience I used to have with games.

Really awaiting the release of apb because I still like fps and mmo's.

I hate all bioshock games.. they are always so hyped and they are so average. my expectations get built up and then when i play i cannot enjoy it because of my high expectations because they are just very average games.

Fallout though i love, cannot wait till the next one comes out.

another game i want is civalisation 5. should be out sometime soon. Iv looked over the preview and I like the changes. no more stacks of doom, one unit per tile/city should really mix up the combat. and the fact that some units can fire more than one hexigon..... o ya the squares are gone, they are now hexigons.

but other than that im gona have to play it by ear on what im gona get.

All animals are equal.

kayoubi
Superfan
kayoubi's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:Trust me on this

Tapey wrote:

Trust me on this the second they fix 90% of the problems of the first game. And imo really don't create any new ones.

The gameplay in the first was always the best thing for me, but it got repetetive after abit. The rest of the game was just lame, there werent enough assassinations, you had to do random meaningless tasks between them that were boring etc etc etc. The second game makes those random meaningless tasks and makes them optional. They introduce a money system were you have to buy and upgrade weapons and amour (and don't make it so you have to spend all your time getting money). In the first game there is like 5 assassination in the third there are closer to 20 and there is more of a story., the combat is improved but still too easy and the runny jumpy climby bits are just as good. you get some really cool new weapons which spice up the gameplay. if you played the first and thought it was good i cannot see how you wouldn't love the second. I thought the first was ok but the second really impressed me.

But why do the graphics look like first generation Xbox360? They're actually a downgrade from the first one, it makes me sad.

Besides, right now, Dragon Age: Origins is way cool. I can't get enough of it currently.

'Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition. God wants you to go to war.'

The Doomed Soul
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I got 2 games to add to the

I got 2 games to add to the list

Citizen Kabuto; Spacetraveling english midgets with jump packs, plasma guns, and rocket launchers vs Naked blue elf chicks that eat souls and cast magic vs a 150ft + tall Godzilla esq gorilla... thing

Singleplayer was down right comical, multiplayer was... well... Take AvP2, and StarSeige Tribes... with nudity and gore = PURE WIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_TNfjfQvto&feature=related

Armed and Dangerous

#1 FUNNIEST FPS of all time

#1 Most creative weapons of all time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHPvT8zVXT0

Landshark gun... never been topped!

What Would Kharn Do?

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.silvergames.com/ga

http://www.silvergames.com/game/circle-the-cat/

It's like a chess n' tetris hybrid on crack

Damned frustrating, but can sharpen the mind I say!

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
For nostalgic reason I tried

For nostalgic reason I tried to download the 14 day everquest trial. It downloaded the patches and all but wont play ><.

I tried EQ2 since it supposedly has a 14 day trial as well but it says I have to have a sub, wtf. Sony < Terrible.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
ARE YOU ON THE BALL?

robj101 wrote:

For nostalgic reason I tried to download the 14 day everquest trial. It downloaded the patches and all but wont play ><. I tried EQ2 since it supposedly has a 14 day trial as well but it says I have to have a sub, wtf. Sony < Terrible.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm downloading the free 10

I'm downloading the free 10 day trial for lotro if any want to roll on there today.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm downloading apb now,

I'm downloading apb now, anyone wanna start a gang called "rational response squad" lol

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've tried to post in this

I've tried to post in this topic a dozen odd times since it first appeared. Froze every time, and I started gaming more instead of trying again. This time it'll work because I'm not going to bother writing a novel on the awesomeness of gaming. I'm just going to post this and start gaming more.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.