Your favorite video games

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Your favorite video games

I just bought aliens vs. predator, I enjoyed the 1999 release of the same name immensly. It occured to me that others here might game a bit.

So in no particular order I shall name some of of my favorite games.

 

Star Wars: Jedi Academy

Gothic 1 and 2

The Doom series

The first Aliens Vs Predator as mentioned already.

Resident Evil 1-3

Megaman, all of the early ones.

Ghengis Khan for the old NES, I still have this, just need an old nes to play it.

The Bioshock series.

I guess I would have to say WoW since I played it for 3 years.

System Shock 1-2

The command and conquor series.

I'll think of some more later.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
OK, let me play.   First up

OK, let me play.

 

First up are MMOs

 

The very best game ever made:

 

Eve-Online.

 

A whole galaxy running on a single server. Tens of thousands of players minimum at any time. The skill tree would take a hundred years to learn fully so every player character simply must be customized. Full customization of your ships (assuming that you can afford what you want and have learned the skills to use it).

 

I would assume that someone somewhere is selling game stuff for real cash but the game dynamics make it not really worthwhile as a spin off industry. If you really get into the game, then you can buy game time for in game cash, called ISK, thus you can theoretically play for free.

 

Fun to play and free of monthly charges MMO:

 

Guild Wars.

 

Base characters are a combination of two professions that you can swap around in the tutorial to find what you like. Once yo go into the real game, you have to lock in a combo. However, you are not locked past that. You have 8 spell slots and once you have more than 8 spells, you can swap them around for new custom builds as often as you wish.

 

Good for a couple of years but horribly mishandled by the devs:

 

Star Wars Galaxies.

 

I got in in what anyone would call the free very early beta stage (we were paying to play even then). Once it actually got to be good, the devs started rebalancing the professions with every patch, so you could not know from week to week which one would beat another. The one thing that I can say about this time was that the formula to get Jedi was both secret and hard to finish, so there were never more than a few per planet (which is how star wars should be).

 

Then the big update happened and the whole game went to shit. None of the professions were any good any more and the unlock for Jedi became so simple that there were a hundred or more in every city.

 

Free to download and to play (and actually fun to play):

 

Silk Road Online.

 

You play in ancient China. All the critters to battle were from Chinese folklore. The only nit was that there was a pay to play option and at times, the servers would be filled by paying players.

 

As for WOW, I tried the free trial and did not last to where I would have to pay for it. Too damned cartoon like for my taste.

 

Semi-online game

 

Best ever:

 

Diablo 2 LOD.

 

It is like ten years old but it is still so popular that you can buy the full game in any good department store.

 

Runner uo to the above:

 

Quake 2.

 

If you don't know it, you are living in a cave.

 

Single player games

 

Complete waste of time but still fun as hell:

 

Spore.

 

Designed by Sid Meier, the guy behind the Sim City franchise. You get to mess with the genetics of your life form and evolve him to whatever suits you.

 

Best use of the Doom3 engine:

 

Prey.

 

FPS based on American Indian culture. The twist being that you are a reservation Indian abducted by an unknown alien and you have to fight your way through a ship the size of a small moon.

 

Best puzzle game:

 

Portal.

 

Based in the Source engine. You can make two portals that connect to each other. If you make a new one, the previous end point goes away and the new one connects to the last end point. Only by following the rules for portals can you solve the puzzles. You do not get to know the rules for portals, you have to work them out as you go along.

 

Since this is the Source engine, it is trivial to bring the portal gun into Half Life 2 for even more fun.

 

Best free FPS:

 

F.E.A.R. Combat.

 

One continuous frag fest. Sort of like Team Fortress 2 but with realistic graphics. Well realistic for a couple of years ago but still good. Most of the servers don't have a map timer set, so you can just go in there and kill and be killed for as long as you want to.

 

Best flight sim (it happens to be a free download but that is just gravy):

 

Orbiter.

 

Did I say flight sim? Well, yes, you can DL aircraft. However, the main idea is that it is a space flight sim. The guy who started it is a real rocket scientist, so the orbital flight dynamics are very real and full unlike the rules for atmospheric flight.

 

Once you get close enough to the ISS to see it, don't even think of lining up on it and moving in. Space flight just does not work that way. In fact, aiming for where it will be when you get there is unrealistic and the game enforces that. Any change that you make to your orbit will change your orbit. So you need to change your orbit so that it will be where your target will be when you get there.

 

OK that is kind of obtuse, I admit it. Just get the game and mess around with it. You will see what I mean.

 

Also, do not try to launch a space shuttle with the fuel set to infinite. If you do that, you will not deplete the mass of the shuttle as you go and you simply will not have enough fuel to get into orbit. However, once you do get comfortable with the shuttle, you can try landing it on full manual control. This is actually possible and in real life, NASA once let someone do it just to prove that it could be done.

 

You can also play with ever real space craft that has ever existed. For you, MIR is still in orbit. If you have the balls to try it, you can bring a Mercury or Gemini capsule there (it ain't easy BTW).

 

 

 

 

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
I like that game frogger

I like that game frogger because I wanted the frog to get away but if he didn't it didn't seem like that big of a deal. Video games usually make it too personal like space invaders. They come from space and try to destroy the planet. You're too emotionally invested. At least with frogger if he got hit by the car you could say well, it's just a frog.

 

 

 

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Eve-Online.

 

The skill tree would take a hundred years to learn fully 

 

*cough* 6months *cough*

What Would Kharn Do?


Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
Posts: 592
Joined: 2007-04-11
User is offlineOffline
I am a game developer so

I am a game developer so this list might get pretty long as games are a integral part of my life

Chrono Trigger  (Great characters, awesome story, New Game+)

Final Fantasy IV  (Best Final Fantasy Story)

Final Fantasy VI  (Lots of interesting characters)

Secret of Mana (Back in the day RTRPG)

Elder Scrolls: Morrowind  ( The open world and level system)

Super Mario 64 (Super Mario 64)

The Legend of Zelda (All of them are pretty good)

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Alucard = Dracula backwards lol)

Katamari Damacy (Make a big ball of stuff and screaming people)

Warcraft II (First RTS)

Left 4 Dead (Multiplayer)

Left 4 Dead 2 (Multiplayer)

Halo & Halo 3 (Multiplayer)

Star Wars the Force Unleashed (well mostly the DMM physics stuff)

Bomberman (Blow those blocks up, blow those weird creatures up = win)

Worms ( Blow everything up, fun multiplayer)

Romance of the Three Kingdoms *most of the series

Metroid I, II, Super, Fusion (Never played the FPS's)

Goldeneye 64

Grand Theft Auto *the series

Disgaea

Tactics Ogre

Final Fantasy Tactics

Diablo

Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart 64

Fallout 3

Gears of War (I & II)

Super Mario World

Tenchu Stealth Assassin

 

 

That's all I could think of at the moment.

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Yea I forgot goldeneye on

Yea I forgot goldeneye on the 64, 3 friends and I would play that for 12 hours or more straight regularly along with the occasional round of Hexen. Back then a friend had a sizable tv, and we had a square of plywood we set in the middle of the screen and played teams.

I forgot star wars galaxies, pre nge that was so fun, the pvp was awesome.

You listed Tenchu, I liked that one as well, real shame I haven't seen a similair title for the pc that really compared to the fun of that one.

As far as mmo's I have played most of them from UO to Aion. I have a lifetime sub to Star Trek, but it's boring and I have yet to load it on this comp. I think the biggest shame in mmo's has been Vanguard. I had such High hopes for that one, now it is an ok game but it's no fun because it is pretty much empty of players. The next one I plan to try is APB.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
My nerd senses are tingling...

Before I list off my favorite games, one correction:

Answers In Gene Simmons wrote:
Spore.

Designed by Sid Meier, the guy behind the Sim City franchise. You get to mess with the genetics of your life form and evolve him to whatever suits you.

It's from Maxis, which is the Sim City creator Will Wright.

Now for my favorite games: 

1. Master of Orion 2

2. Final Fantasy Tactics

3. Ascendancy (with AI patch)

4. Fallout 2

5. Vagrant Story

6. Chrono Trigger

7. Medieval 2: Total War

8. StarCraft

9. Sim City 2000

10. EarthBound

There are more that I have loved through the years, but these are my top favorite games.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3436
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
i'm all about emulators. 

i'm all about emulators.  it really boggles my mind that all the $50 games i had to wait SO LONG between christmas and b-days to get, just DREAMING away, obsessively reading nintendo power and imagining what the games must be like, are pretty much all at my fingertips now for free.  i really do live in 10 year-old me heaven.  right now i'm playing through zelda oracle of seasons on my laptop.  it was one of the games i never got because it came out right at the time i was entering college and my interest in video games began to wain slightly.  that is, until my junior year when i got my ps2 and played the shit out of vice city, dynasty warriors, and samurai warriors.

but in my heart of hearts i was raised nintendo and i'll die nintendo.  here are my favorites:

1. zelda ocarina of time (and, to a lesser degree, majora's mask)

2. zelda link's awakening (i remember being surprised how enormous a game boy game could be; i'm fairly certain it was bigger than a link to the past)

3. zelda a link to the past

4. mario 64

5. mario rpg

6. crystalis (anybody remember this one?)

7. final fantasy mystic quest

8. dragon warrior

9. super castlevania 4

10. symphony of the night and all its GBA clones (harmony of dissonance, aria of sorrow, circle of the moon)

11. ninja gaiden 1 and 2 (3 was ridiculously hard)

12. double dragon 1 and 2 (3 had the same problem as ninja gaiden 3)

13. clash at demonhead (a little-known game that was very innovative for its time)

14. shadowgate

15. ducktales (you heard me right)

16. street fighter 2 in all its incarnations

 

and now for PC:

1. TIE fighter (best game EVER)

2. the 7th guest and the 11th hour

3. the entire doom series (haven't played the newest one though)

4. heretic and hexen (never played any of the later installments)

5. star wars rebel assault

6. return to zork

7. myst and riven (never played any of the other sequels)

8. wolfenstein 3D

9. age of empires

10. sid meier's gettysburg

11. torin's passage (one of the great old sierra games)

12. the lord of the rings volume 1 (yes, the snes version sucked ass, but i think interplay did a good job with the old PC version.  it was RPG rather than adventure and had an enormously expanded plot with tons of side-quests.  i loved it, despite the very primitive graphics.)

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

 

Best use of the Doom3 engine:

 

Prey.

 

FPS based on American Indian culture. The twist being that you are a reservation Indian abducted by an unknown alien and you have to fight your way through a ship the size of a small moon.

 

 

I liked that game, but I beat it in a day on the setting above normal. I always play fps on whatever setting is above normal. Anyway, it just didn't last long enough.

I'll also mention that I very much enjoyed mass effect 2, (never played the first one)

Aion is a beautiful mmo, the game play is fun enough as well, but it is a terrible grindfest, and aerial pvp is not really suited for some classes. I played age of conan as well, great graphics but at launch but it was plagued with bugs and some of the worst class balance I have ever seen. But the graphics were nice, pretty realistic and it had boobies, lol.

I recently downloaded the dungeons and dragons online game, it is free to play, but lately I just haven't been able to get into gaming much.

As an aside, I would not reccomend the new avp, it is not nearly as fun as the 1999 release. There is nothing I have ever played that tripped me out like playing an alien, starting out you actually have to claw your way out of a guys chest. That is just an amazingly epic moment. The sound and dark moody atmosphere of it, playing a marine especially can actually make you afraid, I remember cutting it off once..it actually makes you fear for your characters life. Nothing had scared me in a game or movie since the dog scene in "the thing" and I was a kid when I saw that.

 

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
To robj101

robj101 wrote:
I recently downloaded the dungeons and dragons online game, it is free to play, but lately I just haven't been able to get into gaming much.

What is your char's name? I play and I have two char's:

Truthseeker the Atheist (chaotic good elf wizard)

Durruti Sparklighter (chaotic good dwarf ranger)

Next time your playing look me up!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!


cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
Posts: 3330
Joined: 2007-01-05
User is offlineOffline
don't play video games

And I don't like to play on line.  Too many years of dial up and I'm too impatient.  I now have a fast connection, but I'm too far behind the curve to get interested.

My youngest son played PacMan -  I forget which console it was on - and he could make the sounds so you couldn't tell if the sound was turned on or if it was off and he was making the noises.

I like hidden object/puzzle flash games.

Penny Dreadfuls: Sweeny Todd.  Great graphics, music, fun commentary but the puzzles are easy.

Mystery Case Files series.  Madame Fate is my favorite.  Really tricky Rube Goldberg style puzzles.  I like the weird carnies as well.

Dream Chronicles series.  Just beautiful and hard to quit.

 

Some sims games - but I like them to have a twist and I don't like the ones where you set it up and then they just run.  I play these when I just want to zone.

Build-a-Lot 4: Power Source.  You have to mind your power loads.

My Kingdom for the Princess.  Okay, I don't know why I like this one.

County Fair.  Rides, games, maintenance, security, nurses, janitors, gate receipts.  Busy.

Ranch Rush.  Once I figured out the optimal layout, it did get a little boring. 

Jane's Realty.  Power and water requirements as well as all the building.

 

Some time management games are interesting to replay.

Beach Party Craze.

Fitness Dash.  It's the S&M of the whole gym thing.

Diner Dash - the first couple were fun, then they went overboard and it got too difficult.

 

I play to relax.  The game should be challenging enough to hold my interest, but not so challenging that it is too much work to win.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote:   Before I

B166ER wrote:

 

Before I list off my favorite games, one correction:

 

Answers In Gene Simmons wrote:
Spore.

 

Designed by Sid Meier, the guy behind the Sim City franchise. You get to mess with the genetics of your life form and evolve him to whatever suits you.

 

It's from Maxis, which is the Sim City creator Will Wright.

 

Well, I must have done a Homer. I clearly heard the pitcher say DOH!

 

Also, add another vote for Medieval 2.

 

@robj101:

 

I have heard good things about Aion. However, I have also heard that the devs are even more out of control than was the case with SWG. Perhaps you could shed some light on the matter?

 

One issue that has come up is that they seem to think that they can tell when you are running an AFK macro. One moment, you will be running across a field and the next moment, you will be put back to where the devs think you would have been before you went AFK. If you were not really AFK, that is not their problem.

 

Another issue centers on account deletion. Apparently, the devs have a problem with OOG gold selling. I can sort of agree with them on that. It kind of sucks when you find a noob who is packing a few million in game currency. However, I have heard that the devs delete accounts not only for that but even on the suspicion that you might have done that.

 

Also, I have heard that they delete accounts that are inactive because they have been hacked. Apparently, you can go do something else for a couple of months and when you try to come back, you can't get in. Then when you file a ticket, the devs will say that you did bad things. The fact that the bad thing they are pissed about came from an ip address in China is a secret to you and you are not allowed back in the game no matter what.

 

How true do you think any of this really is?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
Posts: 557
Joined: 2010-03-01
User is offlineOffline
Hey Answers In Gene Simmons?

Answers In Gene Simmons wrote:
Eve-Online.

 

A whole galaxy running on a single server. Tens of thousands of players minimum at any time. The skill tree would take a hundred years to learn fully so every player character simply must be customized. Full customization of your ships (assuming that you can afford what you want and have learned the skills to use it).

 

I would assume that someone somewhere is selling game stuff for real cash but the game dynamics make it not really worthwhile as a spin off industry. If you really get into the game, then you can buy game time for in game cash, called ISK, thus you can theoretically play for free.

As someone who really wants to play Eve but is a total cheapskate, I am intrigued at this theoretically free thing. Could you elaborate? If there is some way I can play it without shelling out a ton of money, I would love to hear it!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

B166ER wrote:

 

Before I list off my favorite games, one correction:

 

Answers In Gene Simmons wrote:
Spore.

 

Designed by Sid Meier, the guy behind the Sim City franchise. You get to mess with the genetics of your life form and evolve him to whatever suits you.

 

It's from Maxis, which is the Sim City creator Will Wright.

 

Well, I must have done a Homer. I clearly heard the pitcher say DOH!

 

Also, add another vote for Medieval 2.

 

@robj101:

 

I have heard good things about Aion. However, I have also heard that the devs are even more out of control than was the case with SWG. Perhaps you could shed some light on the matter?

 

One issue that has come up is that they seem to think that they can tell when you are running an AFK macro. One moment, you will be running across a field and the next moment, you will be put back to where the devs think you would have been before you went AFK. If you were not really AFK, that is not their problem.

 

Another issue centers on account deletion. Apparently, the devs have a problem with OOG gold selling. I can sort of agree with them on that. It kind of sucks when you find a noob who is packing a few million in game currency. However, I have heard that the devs delete accounts not only for that but even on the suspicion that you might have done that.

 

Also, I have heard that they delete accounts that are inactive because they have been hacked. Apparently, you can go do something else for a couple of months and when you try to come back, you can't get in. Then when you file a ticket, the devs will say that you did bad things. The fact that the bad thing they are pissed about came from an ip address in China is a secret to you and you are not allowed back in the game no matter what.

 

How true do you think any of this really is?

 

I haven't played in a while, but the bots and gold spamming was the worst I have seen in a game. A lot of people were actually leaving because of the bots. I remember many area's I would have a quest in and it would take all day to try and KS the bots. They had the bots down well, 3 in a group or so and they heal each other and all. very freakin bad.

Gold selling can also kill a game, when people can actually buy some of the best gear with real money, it turns people off, like myself. They can track gold, they can look back at all of your ingame mails and see if you have been sending millions of "kinah" to other players. Pretty good way to catch them. I never had any problems while I was playing, but I got sick of the grind, I made it to lvl 47 on my rogue. Trying to pvp in the abyss vs any ranged class and clerics, especially clerics, blew nads. I had a 26 ranger that could get way more kills and do so much better than the rogue, and again the rogue was 47 lol.

The bot's and gold spam were indeed very very bad. I figure at the point when I left, if they are really finally banning accounts and doing something, it's about time.

If I hear about them fixing aerial combat, and upping quest xp like it should be, I might be inclined to play it again. Like I said the graphics are freakin awesome, and the game play is pretty fun.

The dev's on swg were out of control in a different area. I had 2 accounts on swg and I think you already stated that there was a flavor of the week each week on there. I still remember the biggest load of carp when everyone wanted to be a rifleman and head shot you to death so quickly. There was also the throwing poison through walls thing lol. I played a tk/pistoleer almost the entire time and kicked plenty of ass. I quit with the jedi patch. But I liked the way you harvested different minerals etc, of different qualities, and could atually produce different gear. Some of the players that had been around longer could make better this n that because they had gotten to some high quality stuff you don't have access to..yet. My weaponsmith had the best laser rifles on the server..lol, too bad they were not a popular weapon. If they could roll back swg to pre jedi patch, I would be all over trying to reactivate my accounts.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote:robj101 wrote:

B166ER wrote:

robj101 wrote:
I recently downloaded the dungeons and dragons online game, it is free to play, but lately I just haven't been able to get into gaming much.

What is your char's name? I play and I have two char's:

Truthseeker the Atheist (chaotic good elf wizard)

Durruti Sparklighter (chaotic good dwarf ranger)

Next time your playing look me up!

Hmm, I'll do that, might log in tonight just for you. My guys name is Drillen (nostalgia from my EQ shadowknight), he is a paladin. The game play is throwing me a little, it is quite different, seems a bit like auto assault, you have to actually stay pointed at your target to do basic damage and then you have your special skills. I have a vent server as well, don't know why I have kept it up, but I may download vent on this comp if you have a headset.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Here is probably the best

Here is probably the best recording of my gaming career. For some reason you can't hear me talking but at the end I was laughing my azz off. You can hear my druid buddy bitching throughout though.

My druid buddy, who I know irl dropped early and I was against a paladin and hunter..a team that should kill a warrior without a healer ..

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
Posts: 938
Joined: 2008-07-15
User is offlineOffline
Fallout 1 and 2Kingdom of

Fallout 1 and 2

Kingdom of Loathing

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Doom 2

Neverwinter Nights

Morrowind

 

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
"Bashing Robj101 over the

"Bashing Robj101 over the head with a metal dildo"

 

and the sequel;

"Can I have a troll tag now?"

 

edit; troll badge, even

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:"Bashing

Kapkao wrote:

"Bashing Robj101 over the head with a metal dildo"

 

and the sequel;

"Can I have a troll tag now?"

 

edit; troll badge, even

Afraid you will have to work harder than that.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
.........You say something?

.........

You say something?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:.........You

Kapkao wrote:

.........

You say something?

Nothing relevant, you?


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Kapkao

robj101 wrote:

Kapkao wrote:

.........

You say something?

Nothing relevant, you?

If you believe the western sun is fallin' down on everyone
If ya'll break it free and the mornin's come
If you would know your time has come
If you believe the western sun is fallin' down on everyone
And you feel it burn!, Don't try to run
And you feel it burn!, You're time has come

I feel it!

You all feel another energy...and I feel a power growin'
You all feel another energy...and I feel a power growin'
You all feel another energy...and I feel a power growin'

If you believe the western sun is fallin' down on everyone
If ya'll break it free and the mornin's come
If you would know your time has come
If you believe the western sun is fallin' down on everyone
And you feel it burn!, Don't try and run
And you feel it burn!, Your time has come

I feel it!

You all feel another energy...and I feel a power growin'
You all feel another energy...and I feel a power growin'

You all feel another energy...and I feel a power growin'

Om Namah Narayana [x18]

Yeah' I feel it...
Yeah' I feel it...
Yeah' I feel it...
Yeah' I feel another energy...

You all feel another energy...and I feel a power growin'
You all feel another energy...and I feel a power growin'

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
Posts: 592
Joined: 2007-04-11
User is offlineOffline
Wow I forgot to put Super

Wow I forgot to put Super Mario RPG

Forgot Blackthorne too.

Ah Crystalis thanks for the reminder.

The 7th Saga (SNES)

Ogre Battle

 

 

I worked on Hellgate: London so I guess that should be in my list too.

 I have never played an MMO

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Magus wrote:Wow I forgot to

Magus wrote:

Wow I forgot to put Super Mario RPG

Forgot Blackthorne too.

Ah Crystalis thanks for the reminder.

The 7th Saga (SNES)

Ogre Battle

 

 

I worked on Hellgate: London so I guess that should be in my list too.

 I have never played an MMO

I have hellgate london on my shelf, shame about that whole debacle. Simple game but entertaining in a relaxed easy to play way.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
Posts: 601
Joined: 2009-12-04
User is offlineOffline
Minesweeper.

Minesweeper.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Eve-Online.

 

The skill tree would take a hundred years to learn fully 

 

 

 

*cough* 6months *cough*

Yeah, but with the obsession on T2-centric pvp, any "6months" is kinda wasted

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
Posts: 4214
Joined: 2008-11-11
User is offlineOffline
v4ultingbassist

v4ultingbassist wrote:

Minesweeper.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
A real minesweeper: These

A real minesweeper: These are legal again in the US but, I have 2 small dogs, so, I wont be getting one.

 

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote:robj101 wrote:

B166ER wrote:

robj101 wrote:
I recently downloaded the dungeons and dragons online game, it is free to play, but lately I just haven't been able to get into gaming much.

What is your char's name? I play and I have two char's:

Truthseeker the Atheist (chaotic good elf wizard)

Durruti Sparklighter (chaotic good dwarf ranger)

Next time your playing look me up!

I'm on orion server btw. Drillen which is again a paladin, and I made a wizard named "Creationist Crusader" lol

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
Posts: 702
Joined: 2006-08-03
User is offlineOffline
Bubble Bobble on my old

Bubble Bobble on my old C64.

North & South for Amiga.

Quake 2 Capture The Flag <- best game ever!!

Warcraft 2 & 3

Age of Empires

Settlers 3 & 4

Civilization 3 & 4

Commandos 2

and lately: Empire Total War


v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
Posts: 601
Joined: 2009-12-04
User is offlineOffline
I love that video,

I love that video, AiGS.

 

"Why are you here, soldier?  I'm here because I'm bored!"


nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
Posts: 1868
Joined: 2008-01-25
User is offlineOffline
1. Nethack2. Ratchet &

1. Nethack

2. Ratchet & Clank

3. Wolf3D

4. Zuma

5. Ratchet & Clank

6. C&C Red Alert

7. C&C Generals & Zero Hour

8. Ratchet & Clank

9. Doom 1 & 2

10. Metal Gear Solid 4 online

11. Super Mario Bros (the first platformer I ever finished)

12. Uncharted 2

13. Ratchet & Clank

 

EDIT addendum:

I am nigelTheBold on PSN, and originalNTB on XBox Live. Just in case.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers


Moralknave
Moralknave's picture
Posts: 19
Joined: 2010-04-13
User is offlineOffline
Battlefield Heroes

Battlefield Heroes Online

Tiger Woods Pro Tour Online

 

BIBLE FIGHT!  http://www.kongregate.com/games/AdultSwimGames/bible-fight?acomplete=bible+fight

Stephen King"The beauty of religious mania is that it has the power to explain everything. Once God (or Satan) is accepted as the first cause of everything which happens in the mortal world, nothing is left to chance...logic can be happily tossed out the window." -Stephen King


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3436
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:3.

nigelTheBold wrote:

3. Wolf3D

awwww shit, i'm havin' flashbacks.  here i go....

 

C:\>cd wolf3d_

C:\WOLF3D>wolf3d_

 

anyone else here ever used to play the wolfendoom WADs for doom II?  i fuckin' loved 'em!

 

 

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
Posts: 601
Joined: 2009-12-04
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:6. C&C

nigelTheBold wrote:

6. C&C Red Alert

 

 

One of the first games I ever played, and still one of my favorites.


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Nigel knows where the fun is!

nigelTheBold wrote:

1. Nethack

2. Ratchet & Clank

3. Wolf3D

4. Zuma

5. Ratchet & Clank

6. C&C Red Alert

7. C&C Generals & Zero Hour

8. Ratchet & Clank

9. Doom 1 & 2

10. Metal Gear Solid 4 online

11. Super Mario Bros (the first platformer I ever finished)

12. Uncharted 2

13. Ratchet & Clank

 

EDIT addendum:

I am nigelTheBold on PSN, and originalNTB on XBox Live. Just in case.

Save for the console-related bits Sad

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Fuck ya!

iwbiek wrote:

nigelTheBold wrote:

3. Wolf3D

awwww shit, i'm havin' flashbacks.  here i go....

 

C:\>cd wolf3d_

C:\WOLF3D>wolf3d_

 

anyone else here ever used to play the wolfendoom WADs for doom II?  i fuckin' loved 'em! 

I made my own WADs Sticking out tongue

And I LOVED Wolfenstein... back when Game Design was a lot less production value-obsessed than it is now...

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
I made my own zork

I made my own zork adventures!

Ok, so it's not that fun to play text based games that you made yourself, lol.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
>:)

robj101 wrote:

I made my own zork adventures!

Ok, so it's not that fun to play text based games that you made yourself, lol.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
I picked up "Risen" I didn't

I picked up "Risen" I didn't know the guys that made gothic had made this.  Good storyline so far, though disturbingly similair to gothic 1, which I loved so it's ok.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
"IF I GO DOWN I'M TAKING YOU WITH ME!"

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


Kapkao
atheistSuperfanBronze Member
Kapkao's picture
Posts: 4121
Joined: 2010-01-12
User is offlineOffline
Magus wrote:Wow I forgot to

Magus wrote:

Wow I forgot to put Super Mario RPG

Forgot Blackthorne too.

Ah Crystalis thanks for the reminder.

The 7th Saga (SNES)

Ogre Battle

I'm ashamed to say I never played any of the 'deep' console games when they came out (kinda young, back then). Enjoyed them later on in life, though Smiling

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)


WhiteMagicRaven
Posts: 1
Joined: 2010-05-01
User is offlineOffline
I am love all Heretic,

I am love all Heretic, HeXen, HeXen II, Heretic II games. Try it too and you like it.

And i am waiting for new HeXen =) 


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1474
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
My all time favourite game

My all time favourite game is... Final Fantasy 8. Not really because in inlove with anything about the game but its just got sentimental value to me.

 

other games I like

 

age of empires 2 - speaks for itself really

Freelancer - finished this game more times than i care to admit. duno what it is about it, but i can play it 24/7

Operation Flaspoint - dragon rising. - just finished it and I loved it

Warcraft 3 - just because of the amount of time i spent playing it online

Metal gear solid series - i like movies and talking to much

Guild wars - no monthly fees, only reason its here

Lufia 1 & 2 - no comment

Breath of fire 1& 2 - just awesome

summon night 1 & 2 - Just because I get bored alot

Super Mario rpg - Not what I was expecting from a mario game.

crono trigger - if you don't know then, i have no hope for you

Final Fantasy 6 - same as above

Paper Mario - annoys me but i cannot stay away

kknd crossfire - probably was crap but i have good memories

command and conquer generals - because building 5000 defense towers is fun

Duke Nukem 3d - I was young ok and yes I do want another one

Civilisation series - to much of awesomeness.  You are basically god.. theres no one sexier than god

Battle Realms - more stratagy, im lazy, you can automate your base. I liked it.

 

Lots more but these are what come to mind when I think of my fav games...im not proud of some of them

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.


Zanarkand
Zanarkand's picture
Posts: 57
Joined: 2010-04-02
User is offlineOffline
i mostly learn history from

i mostly learn history from video games. it was one of my inspirations on why i love the field of interest so much.

heres my list:

10. RAN Online

9. Resident and Silent Hill Series - i cant finish re4 it scares the shit out of me! i havent played 5

8. Legend of Legaia - trusty old playstation!

7. Kingdom Hearts Series

6. Total War Series - because of history!!!

5. Call of Duty Series - history again!

4. Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII - havent played XIII yet, im just a poor lil bastard >.<

3. Sid Meiers Civilization II - i was a kid when i played this. i was in awe because of the history.

2. Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI (ps2/pc) - chinese history!!

1. Dynasty Warriors 5 ( PlayStation 2) - i became interested in history because of this

Not only can water float a boat, It can sink it also.


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Zanarkand wrote:i mostly

Zanarkand wrote:

i mostly learn history from video games. it was one of my inspirations on why i love the field of interest so much.

heres my list:

10. RAN Online

9. Resident and Silent Hill Series - i cant finish re4 it scares the shit out of me! i havent played 5

8. Legend of Legaia - trusty old playstation!

7. Kingdom Hearts Series

6. Total War Series - because of history!!!

5. Call of Duty Series - history again!

4. Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII - havent played XIII yet, im just a poor lil bastard >.<

3. Sid Meiers Civilization II - i was a kid when i played this. i was in awe because of the history.

2. Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI (ps2/pc) - chinese history!!

1. Dynasty Warriors 5 ( PlayStation 2) - i became interested in history because of this

Don't put too much faith in games as far as history. For the most part they are quite good, but when a point does not fit the game plot they change it. One thing I enjoy about some of the shooter games is how they do a pretty fair job overall on the guns, as in the models and overall realism usually right down to clip size and general stability/accuracy of the real things.

Is anyone else waiting for APB to come out by the way?

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
Posts: 1474
Joined: 2009-01-23
User is offlineOffline
Zanarkand wrote:i mostly

Zanarkand wrote:

i mostly learn history from video games. it was one of my inspirations on why i love the field of interest so much.

History, the best story that has ever been told. Best plot as well.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.


Zanarkand
Zanarkand's picture
Posts: 57
Joined: 2010-04-02
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Don't put too

robj101 wrote:

Don't put too much faith in games as far as history. For the most part they are quite good, but when a point does not fit the game plot they change it.

well yeah they exaggerate it in games. just like what they do in movies. i like it as a form of source. when i play history games i then go to the internet to read what really happened.

The one thing i liked in shooter games is when they have additives in it. like say, a video interview of a real war veteran as he tells a story about his experience in war. thats some good stuff. first hand accounts of what happened unlike the... gospels?

 

Not only can water float a boat, It can sink it also.


robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
Posts: 2481
Joined: 2010-02-20
User is offlineOffline
Zanarkand wrote:robj101

Zanarkand wrote:

robj101 wrote:

Don't put too much faith in games as far as history. For the most part they are quite good, but when a point does not fit the game plot they change it.

well yeah they exaggerate it in games. just like what they do in movies. i like it as a form of source. when i play history games i then go to the internet to read what really happened.

The one thing i liked in shooter games is when they have additives in it. like say, a video interview of a real war veteran as he tells a story about his experience in war. thats some good stuff. first hand accounts of what happened unlike the... gospels?

 

There was a shooter game that was pretty good parshally I think because the writers used a guy who was actually a spy for the cia or some such to help write it. I'll think of the name, but the game was again, pretty good. There were 3 of them, the first 2 were really good but the third one totally flopped.

Edit: Soldier of Fortune

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin


Zanarkand
Zanarkand's picture
Posts: 57
Joined: 2010-04-02
User is offlineOffline
Havent played any soldier of

Havent played any soldier of fortune games. Anyway all of the games i have ever played in my life are either downloaded or pirated. HAHAHA. video games here in the philippines are downright expensive. I only earn a dollar an hour if converted on american currency on my  current retail job!

Not only can water float a boat, It can sink it also.


Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
Posts: 1565
Joined: 2007-01-18
User is offlineOffline
Zanarkand wrote:Havent

Zanarkand wrote:

Havent played any soldier of fortune games. Anyway all of the games i have ever played in my life are either downloaded or pirated. HAHAHA. video games here in the philippines are downright expensive. I only earn a dollar an hour if converted on american currency on my  current retail job!

Though I disapprove of your piracy, I will defend to the death your right to do it.

 

Just kidding, I don't disapprove.

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft