Ricky Martin anounces that the sky is blue.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ricky Martin anounces that the sky is blue.

It's been all over the news, Latin heart throb Ricky Martin announced that he is gay, as if we didn't know.

In all seriousness though, it is sad that people still today have to feel that they need to hide it because of fear of losing their carriers.

But good for him in any case. The more people in the spotlight who do this, the less others in the future will have to worry. Good for you Ricky.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
In other non-news, The

In other non-news, The Amazing James Randi also came out this past week.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:In other

Thomathy wrote:

In other non-news, The Amazing James Randi also came out this past week.

Yea, but he's an atheist. Who cares about those people. All they do is silly things like question and ask for evidence. I'm glad I'm not an atheist.......oh wait....um......never mind.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:|

Richard Simmons is still claiming to be straight.

No, really. He is still using the story that "I just haven't had a chance to have children yet". Or get a girlfriend. At all. At any point in his life as a celebrity.

Yes, Richard. We believe you...

Save me, Neil Patrick Harris.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote: Richard

ClockCat wrote:

Richard Simmons is still claiming to be straight.

No, really. He is still using the story that "I just haven't had a chance to have children yet". Or get a girlfriend. At all. At any point in his life as a celebrity.

Yes, Richard. We believe you...

Save me, Neil Patrick Harris.

Richard Simmons gay? NOOOOOOO! It can't be. Say it ain't so.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
And in other news, Liberace

And in other news, Liberace was never gay. Despite being sued for palimony by his bodyguard and countless other suggestions. Also, he did not dies from AIDS but rather an extended session of a watermelon diet. Except that it turned out that his autopsy was done not by the pathologist who had been hired for the job but rather by some other guy who was randomly assigned to the case and he really did die from AIDS.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:In all

Brian37 wrote:

In all seriousness though, it is sad that people still today have to feel that they need to hide it because of fear of losing their carriers.

I assume you mean "career"

And I don't think Ricky Martin had to worry about that.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Brian37

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I assume you mean "career"

And I don't think Ricky Martin had to worry about that.

My spelling has nothing to do with sexuality. It just means I suck at spelling.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

I also have fear of losing my carriers.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would assume* not comming

I would assume* not comming out right off is because he is a guy and girls like guys, generally. But from what I have seen and heard, girls like gay guys too, so, the point of waiting is eluding me. Comming out in the first place might garner more fame and attention after all, or not, I am not really sure. Maybe playing it -safe- is still the way to go.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:I

robj101 wrote:

I would assume* not comming out right off is because he is a guy and girls like guys, generally. But from what I have seen and heard, girls like gay guys too, so, the point of waiting is eluding me. Comming out in the first place might garner more fame and attention after all, or not, I am not really sure. Maybe playing it -safe- is still the way to go.

Latino culture isn't known for being the most accepting of gays.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote: I also have

ClockCat wrote:

I also have fear of losing my carriers.

I am a bad speller, not an animal. If you cut me, do I not bleed?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:I would

robj101 wrote:

Remember though that he got his start in a boy band. I don't know for sure but there may be an age factor in the works here. Perhaps girls start liking gay guys only after they realize that all guys will hit on a girl who is not with a guy already, so the gay boyfriend thing make act as a buffer zone for the older girls.

Then too, when starting out a career, being openly gay might not be the best move to make. However, once someone has garnered a certain amount of success, they are more likely to be judged for what they have done prior to coming out.

Also, while I have heard lots of stuff about people being born gay, I suspect that that is only in retrospect. More probably, because straight is the default option in our culture, I would suspect that there are plenty of people who don't know what will make them happy for a long time, then when they figure it out they say later on that that is what they always were.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=