Teabaggers used "faggot" and racial epithets as insults

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Teabaggers used "faggot" and racial epithets as insults

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/2010/03/menacing.php#more?ref=fpblg

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/88041-cbc-member-says-health-bill-protesters-called-rep-lewis-the-n-word

---

Just after Frank rounded a corner to leave the building, an older protestor yelled "Barney, you faggot." The surrounding crowd of protestors then erupted in laughter.

---

Rep. Andre Carson (D-Ind.) said Saturday that healthcare protesters at the Capitol directed racial epithets at him and Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.) as they walked outside. 

Lewis was one of the leaders of the civil rights movement alongside Martin Luther King. Jr. 

Asked if racial epithets were yelled at him, Lewis responded, "Yes, but it's OK. I've heard this before in the '60s. A lot of this is just downright hate."

---

Sadly, this seems par for the course for them. 

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well Brian, I suspect that

Well Brian, I suspect that you missed the point that I was trying to make.

Clockcat decries hate in all of it's form, except for those people whom he happens to hate. Then he is fine with hate speech.

So some douchebag called Barney Frank a fag. Well, let it be known that Barney Frank is open about the fact that he prefers the company of gentlemen. So on some level, it was a statement of fact. This does not change the fact that the person who called him that is a douchebag.

However, every time that clockcat starts a thread about those horrible teabaggers, he is making the fallacy of association. Really, he is no different than the people who say shit about other people because they can be identified with a group.

All fags rape young boys because of the “secret agenda” to recruit more people to homosexuality.

All niggers steal shit and rape white women.

All chinks are opium addicts.

All teabaggers are, well, umm, the guy who called Barney Frank a fag.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mob rule!=democratic nation

Mob rule!=democratic nation

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

However, every time that clockcat starts a thread about those horrible teabaggers, he is making the fallacy of association. Really, he is no different than the people who say shit about other people because they can be identified with a group.

All fags rape young boys because of the “secret agenda” to recruit more people to homosexuality.

All niggers steal shit and rape white women.

All chinks are opium addicts.

All teabaggers are, well, umm, the guy who called Barney Frank a fag.

As much as I want to disagree with some of this.... dead-on!

(I can, for better or for worse, see both sides of the argument here except the 'extremes')

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)