Demons have invaded the capital! - Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Tex.)

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Demons have invaded the capital! - Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Tex.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/16/texas-republican-goehmert_n_500805.html

"Speaking shortly after he riled up a crowd at Tuesday's Tea Party protest, Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Tex.) declared that "demons" - yes, demons - have invaded the capital (and likely the souls of Democrats), forcing lawmakers to mislead the public about the content of the health care bill."

"Moments earlier, the congressman energized an audience in the hundreds who had come to hear him and others protest the possibility of health care's passage. Gohmert insisted that the bill the House was set to consider would appropriate $700 million for abortions -- defying the Hyde Amendment, which prohibits federal money going to such a procedure.

"I brought an abortion to show you today," he said, hosting a copy of the health care bill in his right hand. The crowd responded with a chant of "Abort the bill!""

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
"There's a whole lot of

"There's a whole lot of demon going on", he said. He actually said that.

He should bring a water pistol filled with holy water to congress and kick demon ass.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Lol.  Funny quote, but I

Lol.  Funny quote, but I don't get the impression he really meant it literally.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:Lol.  Funny

mellestad wrote:

You're an optimist, Mel. Seriously, I just can't tell anymore if they're kidding or genuinely batshit insane.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:mellestad

Anonymouse wrote:

mellestad wrote:

You're an optimist, Mel. Seriously, I just can't tell anymore if they're kidding or genuinely batshit insane.

Nah, I just read another article that had a different slant.  Within the context of his speech it was pretty clear he was just razzing up the crowd.  Still a douche though.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
douche is as douche does

mellestad wrote:

Nah, I just read another article that had a different slant.  Within the context of his speech it was pretty clear he was just razzing up the crowd.  Still a douche though.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse

Anonymouse wrote:

...Seriously, I just can't tell anymore if they're kidding or genuinely batshit insane.

I do agree though, my irony meter doesn't work with theists any more.  Just today I was reading an article about the Vatican's chief exorcist, and I think my subconscious kept waiting for a punch line.

http://www.jesusandmo.net/?s=irony&key=transcript  <-- All 8 Jesus and Mo comics about Irony Meters.  Just hit 'next'.

It never came.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:Anonymouse

mellestad wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

...Seriously, I just can't tell anymore if they're kidding or genuinely batshit insane.

I do agree though, my irony meter doesn't work with theists any more.  Just today I was reading an article about the Vatican's chief exorcist, and I think my subconscious kept waiting for a punch line.

http://www.jesusandmo.net/?s=irony&key=transcript  <-- All 8 Jesus and Mo comics about Irony Meters.  Just hit 'next'.

It never came.

So a demon and an exorcist walk into a bar.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog