Heya all

Antecessor
Antecessor's picture
User is offlineOffline
Heya all

I'm Antecessor, a dual Australian US citizen, I have a background in Anthropology (yes I know, a "soft"science). I am a "devout" Atheist LOLLOL.

I like to write anti-creationist articles on a user created content site called hubpages http://hubpages.com/_1wlw8xh0a8bxm/

One of my best articles outlines a way to combat the spread of creationist sites by adding no follow to urls that link to them from your content so as not to contribute to their google rating. (no follow tells google not to count the link) I know that many skeptics link to creationist sites to debunk them, but please remember to add "no follow" to the link. And tell everyone else you know to do this as well.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Ways-to-Combat-Creationist-Miss-information-Sites-as-Content-Producer

Another way to combat the spread of these sites is to google search terms like evolution, darwin, creation, then you will see that beside the organic search results (unpaid) there are paid search ads which the creationists pay for. Click on these ads and google charges the creationists for every click. Dont click on any ads inside a creationist site though, this gives the creationist money. Tell all your friends to do this too, I am trying to spread this around but am only one person, help me.

Obviously I hate creationism with a passion. LOL.

Creationists "hear no evidence" "see no evidence" "spout bible verses until the evidence goes away".

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi ante

fellow aussie/creation hater over here. Nice to meet you!

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

You'll find meny other Aussies and Kiwi's on site. btw that was great idea about dealing with creationist, i"ll give it a try.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome!

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome to the RSS forums from another newbie! Oh and thanks for the advice on how to work towards bankrupting Creanderthals! My lazy days are packed now.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Antecessor wrote:   I'm

Antecessor wrote:

I'm Antecessor, a dual Australian US citizen, I have a background in Anthropology (yes I know, a "soft"science). I am a "devout" Atheist LOLLOL.

Well, welcome to the forums.

Personally, I am a psychiatric social worker, so your disclaimer about soft science, well...

Actually, as someone who has experience in anthropology, I want to ask you if you feel that you “believe in Darwinism”. I would imagine that not many people can lay a verifiable claim to having held the Lucy skull in their hands but you are a bit closer than most.

Really, even if you only have a BS, you must have had some contact with evidence for evolution, right?

There is a large chasm between believing and knowing. With your background, perhaps you have held actual proof in your hands. Whatever it was, that you have done, I would love to hear the story.

BTW: I was in DC over the weekend and I touched a piece of the moon (it is right neat the entrance to the Air and Space Museum).

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome!

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:

Tapey wrote: