Atheism "old hat" according to this opinion columnist.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheism "old hat" according to this opinion columnist.

http://www.gazette.com/opinion/atheists-95335-religion-good.html

Pay close attention to the last paragraph. We, as a movement, are going nowhere.

HA HA HA HA HA HA.

This guy sounds exactly like a former boss who told me in 01 after reading my opinion in a local paper, "Brian, give up that atheist thing."

You can google "atheist" and click on "news" and somewhere in the states, or in the world, on a daily basis, we are getting heard. So what this guy is talking about makes no sense and deserves a laugh.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dubble fact check.

That writer should check his facts.  When Mother Teresa's diary and personal letters were published the world found out she was actually an atheist, she didn't believe in any god or a here after.  Her contemporarys and fellow nuns critisized her actions in life has a "cult of poverty" in spite of her foundations money she allowed nothing to improve anyones living standard.  She was a hypocrite.                                 

Has for the Nobel prize;  she won for being a Catholic nun when she wasn't  even religious.  Obama won the peace prize for being black and elected. That Nobel Prize may not be all it is cracked up to be.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline

[email protected]

Let them know atheists are not going anywhere.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37, it's just begining...

Brian37, we are going to hear more and more of this as more people open up and admit their lack of sky daddy delusion. The religious people who are so used to a life where nothing questioned their delusions will try to pretend that we are going away or that we as a movement are going to stagnate, but it's just wishful thinking on their part.

I'm just saying don't be surprised to see this more as atheists become more open about their rationalism.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
B166ER wrote:Brian37, we are

B166ER wrote:

Brian37, we are going to hear more and more of this as more people open up and admit their lack of sky daddy delusion. The religious people who are so used to a life where nothing questioned their delusions will try to pretend that we are going away or that we as a movement are going to stagnate, but it's just wishful thinking on their part.

I'm just saying don't be surprised to see this more as atheists become more open about their rationalism.

I'm not, but I do take it seriously in the sense that our voice doesn't stop at one post or one person or one website or one book, but is ongoing.

Religion has fans that think long term, and skeptics and atheists must do the same in order to stay relevant.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
I fully agree!

Brian37 wrote:
Religion has fans that think long term, and skeptics and atheists must do the same in order to stay relevant.

I fully agree! We need to think on long term timescales like the sky daddy lovers do. The reason that religion is still around is because it's adherents do just that, thinking generations in the future (usually only where their religion is concerned though). If we want to make sure that rationalism is respected into the 21st century and beyond, we have to think on timescales much longer then our own lives. And really, is it that hard. We are already used to thinking on timescales that dwarf the YEC's delusion, so lets take that understanding of time and use it for the planning of our movement's future!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!