A declaration of feelings

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
A declaration of feelings

There are no words for how much I hate the Christians.

I want to see them suffer torture before they die. I want their blood to colour the fields, the streets, the houses.

I want none of their kind left upon earth. No men, women or children. They are vermin. They must be destroyed.

This is irrational, but it is how I feel. I feel no compassion, much less any mercy.

I feel only a white hot hatred that is so intense it gives me a headache.

I really really really want all Christians to die in agony. I hate them. There's no leeway. They must go.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
poor baby

Consider - that which we most hate in others is what we most fear in ourselves.

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Oopsie-daisy. Somebody

Oopsie-daisy. Somebody forgot to take his medicaaaaatioooooon.

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
You guys are modern liberals

You guys are modern liberals who think there is a "right" way.

I do not.

I am conservative, quite a bit to the right of Djengis Khan.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:You guys are

Marquis wrote:

You guys are modern liberals who think there is a "right" way.

I do not.

I am conservative, quite a bit to the right of Djengis Khan.

I'm a what who what now?

free_thinker
User is offlineOffline
While the more I deal with

While the more I deal with Christians, the more contempt I have for them, the whole torturing/killing may be a little bit much... I mean after all, I used to be one of them Sad

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
free_thinker wrote:the whole

free_thinker wrote:

the whole torturing/killing may be a little bit much

Oh very well... but I'll confiscate all your twinkies and Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
smartypants wrote:I'm a what

smartypants wrote:

I'm a what who what now?

Yes, that just about sums it up.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
oh no!

Marquis wrote:

free_thinker wrote:

Oh very well... but I'll confiscate all your twinkies and Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

That is a whole nother level of depravity!  I'm not sure I can last----the-----day------------

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rosebud

cj wrote:

Marquis wrote:

free_thinker wrote:

That is a whole nother level of depravity!  I'm not sure I can last----the-----day------------

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ok, based on what happened

ok, based on what happened to MattShizzle, shouldn't a mod issue a warning here?

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ssssssh! I'm invisible...

Ssssssh! I'm invisible... but if you talk to me you'll fuck up my camoflage!

free_thinker
User is offlineOffline
Oh no!

I can all ready hear the Christians crawling to this thread to quote Marquis as proof that all atheists are awful people and want to kill Christians... "Help, I'm being persecuted!"

smartypants
Superfan
smartypants's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:smartypants

Marquis wrote:

smartypants wrote:

I'm a what who what now?

Yes, that just about sums it up.

LOL WUT

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:There are no

Marquis wrote:

I want to see them suffer torture before they die. I want their blood to colour the fields, the streets, the houses.

I want none of their kind left upon earth. No men, women or children. They are vermin. They must be destroyed.

This is irrational, but it is how I feel. I feel no compassion, much less any mercy.

I really really really want all Christians to die in agony. I hate them. There's no leeway. They must go.

Quote:

Hate is a NORMAL emotion and violence is mostly a result of bottling up emotions. BUT, I doubt if you met my Christian Catholic mother or my Christian co-workers you'd hate them. I think it is reasonable to hate ANY CLAIM that has no evidence. I think it is OK to hate individuals. But it is irrational to expect 6 billion people to ascribe to your position.

It would be reasonable for Galileo to hate the mass belief that the earth was flat. But if he didn't have friends in powerful places, none of his works would have survived, and his punishment wouldn't have stopped at house arrest.

No one should ask you to like the bible or never challenge it. But, you have to understand that humans, even atheists, are flawed, and 6 billion people will not always agree, even if we were all atheists.

I agree with "hate" in the ability to bitch. I agree with "hate" in judgment of a claim that has no evidence. But I do not see "hate" in terms of entire labels based on nationality or race or label or politics.

I understand your frustration with popular belief. I agree with your blasphemy against god claims. But I will not lump a natural human flaw in "getting it wrong" as making me superior to those who hold absurd beliefs. All it means is that they got it wrong.

I hate that my mother, WHOM I LOVE, and my co--workers believe in absurdity, but that doesn't make me super human.

Quote:

You fall into the same "us vs them" trap. You don't think there aren't some Christians or Muslims don't want atheists to "die in agony"?

There are no words to describe the irrational hate you ascribe to which has nothing to do with pragmatic use of emotions. YOUR HATE is as ignorant as their hate and you do atheists a disservice by using the same 'kill em all" attitude believers have.

Your solution to the rightful hate of absurd claims is to use the same childish tribal alpha male gang mentality believers use?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:blah blah

Brian37 wrote:

blah blah blah

Gah! Are you ever the fucking Dalai Lama or what?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:Brian37

Marquis wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

blah blah blah

Gah! Are you ever the fucking Dalai Lama or what?

I am sorry, I guess the atheist's goal should be to commit the same asinine acts of violence to win the day that dumb ass Muslims and Christians do?

What makes you think I don't have a problem with the superstitions of Buddhists? Ask anyone here, I am a huge critic of Sam Harris whom is an atheist and has a fixation for Buddhism.

YOU seem to fall for the same compartmentalization of those you say you "hate".

All I told you is there is a way to DEAL with your emotions without contributing to the same dogmatic tribalism EVEN I HATE!

I am not suggesting a fucking dick sucking love fest with absurd claims. CHALLENGE THEM! I am saying that there are 6 billion people on this planet and FORCE hasn't worked for them. What makes you think you'll get a liberator's welcome if you force yourself on others via gunpoint?

I am not selling a fucking Hallmark card here. I am saying "hate" is normal, but HOW we deal with it AND accept reality that 6 billion people will never be clones of each other IS important.

I will not apologize for loving my mother who is a Catholic. I will not apologize for loving my co-workers and friends who do believe. That doesn't mean I don't hate the bullshit that comes out of their mouths. It just means that we are all human.

What are you suggesting? The same Jesus crap "I bring not peace, but a sword".  You want the same dogmatic bullshit that piece of crap work would suggest?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline

Marquis wrote:

I thought we already went over this the first time you posted this kind of crap. Did you have a relapse or something?

Your hate is misplaced. Saying "but it is how I feel" is no excuse. Feelings are not valid reasons for advocating killing people. For crying out loud, I can't believe I have to explain this basic, simple idea to you!

The simple fact is that feelings can be -- and often *are* -- mistaken. That's the whole reason we reject emotional reasons for religion. And it's the same reason we should reject Hitler-esque rantings like yours. I really wish that comparing you to Hitler counted as a Godwin, but unfortunately, it doesn't. You're literally calling for extermination of 'vermin' Christians, men, women, and children. Exactly how is that different than calling for the extermination of Jews or homosexuals or anybody else? It's the same fucking thing, asshole! Jeez!

If you feel hate, fine, but fucking deal with that with a qualified mental health professional. Don't go spewing your hate as if it's justified merely because "it is how I feel". Fuck that.

You hate Christians, presumably because they believe ridiculous things for emotional reasons. Well, you're doing the same fucking thing, believing they must die simply because of an emotional reason: your hate. If you can't see the hypocrisy in that, you need to take a step back and re-evaluate your mental health. Seriously. I'm not joking. You are seriously delusional.

Here's the deal: People and ideas are two *different* things. A Christian is a *person* who believes a particular kind of *idea*. If a kid goes to church one day and walks into the church not believing in Jesus, and walks out of the church believing, then what has changed? It's the same kid, but his beliefs have changed. According to your delusion, the kid who walked into the church is fine, but the kid who walks out deserves torture and death! That's just fucking crazy, and I can't think of any simpler way to say it.

You are confusing ideas with people. To you, the word 'Christian' represents a particular kind of *person* instead of a belief in a particular kind of *idea*.

Ideas are the problem here. Ideas like Christianity can and will infect people, and they will influence people's behaviour. Now, ironically, you yourself are infected with a particular idea: The idea that a person *is* their beliefs, and some beliefs must be exterminated, therefore we should exterminate the people who hold those beliefs.

You are infected with the genocide meme. Before you go shooting your mouth off about how people infected with the Jesus meme should be killed, take a look at your own damn self and cure your own infection first.

Genocide is irrational, it doesn't work, it has never worked, it has never solved conflict, only made conflict worse. It has never alleviated suffering, only aggravated it. You are advocating a much worse idea than most Christians are advocating. You are sicker than they are. Cure yourself first.

Here's how I recommend you cure yourself. It's the exact same method to cure theism: Ask yourself, "How do I really know that?" Repeat, over and over again, until you either have a *rational* justification, or else realize that you *don't* have a justification, and you're just plain wrong. Then apply Occam's Razor and abandon your irrational belief, and the hate you feel will disappear, or at least shift onto a more appropriate target. I know it sounds corny, but: Hate the belief, not the believer.

How do you know that Christians are 'vermin'? Do you really know that? How do you really know that? Could you possibly be wrong?

How do you know that 'vermin' must be destroyed? How do you know that torture and suffering will make the world a better place? How do you know that your own personal feelings on the matter make any sense at all? How do you know you aren't suffering from a serious mental disorder yourself?

Imagine you had your way and could bring about this torture, suffering, and death you think you want. Do you think Hitler was a cool guy that you think of as a role model? No? Why do you think that future generations would look back on you as any different than Hitler? Is that the legacy you would want to leave? "That Marquis guy was *actually* worse than Hitler." We would have to make up a new Godwin's Law because everyone would be comparing insane and dangerous people to you instead of to Hitler.

We seriously need a facepalm smiley for this forum. I can't understand how someone could type the words in the OP and think, "Yep, this is the message I want to send to the world," and then click the Post button. Seriously, Marquis, your genocide belief is worse than 99.99% of the beliefs held by Christians. By your own logic, you should exterminate yourself. (And I don't mean that literally. I mean that as a way to point out the absurdity of your belief.)

You've already admitted previously that your hate propaganda over-stepped a line. What makes you think this time is any different? Wake up, Marquis! Despite this being an internet site, you are not interacting with a fantasy world. You're interacting with a real world, and in the real world, there are real people, and they have feelings just as real as the feelings you feel. Their suffering is as real -- if not *more* real -- as your hate. When you post a message here calling for the suffering of real people, you are crossing an ethical line. Do you understand that, or are you living in a fantasy world? Is your delusion really that bad? I think you should seek professional help.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

mellestad
User is offlineOffline

Marquis wrote:

...uh-huh.  If you really feel that way, you might want to seek some counseling.  Are you off your meds or something?

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

NoMoreCrazyPeople
atheistSuperfan
NoMoreCrazyPeople's picture
User is offlineOffline

Marquis wrote:

This is rediculous, and counterproductive to my cause perhaps not to yours I assume.  I would never wish death on any good person,and their are alote of good christians, we need to kill christianity not christians. 

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
NoMoreCrazyPeople

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

Marquis wrote:

This is rediculous, and counterproductive to my cause perhaps not to yours I assume.  I would never wish death on any good person,and their are alote of good christians, we need to kill christianity not christians. 

Yea, it is nice that he wants to water the earth with my parent's blood.  I would rather live in a tolerant theistic world than an intolerant secular world.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
... i never get this type of

... i never get this type of reception when talking about mass slaughter... *sniffle*

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:... i

The Doomed Soul wrote:

... i never get this type of reception when talking about mass slaughter... *sniffle*

i guess you're just not convincing. 

we all know you're talkin' out your ass, you pussy!

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Paisley
Theist
Paisley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:This is

Marquis wrote:

This is irrational, but it is how I feel.

Agreed. You're irrational. Hopefully, you will find the help you so desperately need.

"Scientists animated by the purpose of proving they are purposeless constitute an interesting subject for study." - Alfred North Whitehead

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marque,Atheists often get

Marque,

Atheists often get accused FALSELY of considering themselves god, The theists argument is that atheists think that humans are god. No, if atheists don't believe in the supernatural, then we ourselves cannot consider ourselves god/s either.

Human beings in the past, long before modern monotheism up until today and will in the future, believe absurd things. Do not mistake your rightful hate of absurd claims as being license to do the same inhumane fucked up garbage theism and their holy texts promote. That attitude is exactly what gives theocrats the excuse to gloss over the violence in their own holy text and use their label as justification to call their violence "self defense".

I hate claims of virgin births and zombie gods and magical harems in the sky and multiple armed dieties. But I am not incapable of loving people who believe these claims. You are going to eat yourself alive and isolate yourself trying to force mundane human behavior to fit your utopia. Utopias are what theism sell, I don't think you need to sell your own version in order to "fight back".

I am fighting back myself, but what I won't do is to think government force or acts of violence are a good tactic in "fighting back". Nor should we lose, as a species, compassion for those we disagree with.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Paisley wrote:Marquis

Paisley wrote:

Marquis wrote:

This is irrational, but it is how I feel.

Agreed. You're irrational. Hopefully, you will find the help you so desperately need.

Perfect example. I hate what Paisley claims. I hate all claims of disembodied beings by any label. I think people who make up gods and believe them to be fact are full of shit.

Paisley has been around here for a while, and most certainly has had atheists reading his posts pulling their hair out wanting to scream at Paisley and call him every name in the book. BUT, that "hate" is not aimed at Paisley as a person, nor should anyone want to physically harm Paisley, merely because we think he is full of shit.

I am also quite sure outside the issue of theism vs atheism, Paisley and I could find common ground on issues of entertainment, sports, movies, politics, ect ect ect.

You have to accept "hate" as a normal emotion, but put it in the proper context that there is a difference between a person, and what a person claims, on any given issue. But in all this, beyond labels, both Paisley and I would agree, or should agree that neither of us would want to be physically harmed as a result of being offended or offending others.

I make no bones about saying Paisley's god claim is bullshit like any other in human history. But that would not give him or me the right to physically harm each other. Nor if I met him in person, would mean that I couldn't like him personally.

Paisley
Theist
Paisley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: I am also

Brian37 wrote:

I am also quite sure outside the issue of theism vs atheism, Paisley and I could find common ground on issues of entertainment, sports, movies, politics, ect ect ect.

Well, I think we can find common ground (at least partially) on Sam Harris' brand of atheism. I don't have a problem with his Buddhism or his beliefs in spirituality/mysticism, psi phenomena, morphic resonance, reincarnation and  xenoglossy per se, but I simply don't consider these as beliefs compatible with atheism and I would argue that the general public does not either.

Brian37 wrote:

What makes you think I don't have a problem with the superstitions of Buddhists? Ask anyone here, I am a huge critic of Sam Harris whom is an atheist and has a fixation for Buddhism.

"Scientists animated by the purpose of proving they are purposeless constitute an interesting subject for study." - Alfred North Whitehead

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Paisley wrote:Brian37

Paisley wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Well, I think we can find common ground (at least partially) on Sam Harris' brand of atheism. I don't have a problem with his Buddhism or his beliefs in spirituality/mysticism, psi phenomena, morphic resonance, reincarnation and  xenoglossy per se, but I simply don't consider these as beliefs compatible with atheism and I would argue that the general public does not either.

Brian37 wrote:

DAMN YOU! You took the one atheist punching bag I have and agreed with him, all be it partially. How much more slack do I have to give you before my rope breaks? Are you looking for an oven to be stuck in?

I love Harris, but I will always have a problem with him and his giving Buddhism a blow job as if it is less of a superstition. He is a modern version of Jefferson to me. I love Jefferson's attitude on religion and government and his rightful defense of skepticism which Harris has as well. But as much as I love both of them, I still have issues with both.