Bit Trip Runner

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bit Trip Runner

I love Bit Trip games. The new trailer just came out for the latest one, and I'm pumped! Laughing out loud

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dude, I know that you are

Dude, I know that you are not a firefox guy but even so, if that is your type of game, then you would do well to have the program on your computer.

The reason that I say that is so that you can get the “fire-nes” extension. It is like a couple hundred or so 8 bit games all at your finger tips.

Also, check out newgrounds.com for major cool stuff. Not only games there but pretty much anything flash related. I am a big fan of “Retarded Animal Babies”

It is called a dick drive but it is only for three and a half inch floppy dicks...

You also need to know that scorched earth has been open sourced, so there are lots of versions out there. You can get the classic version but I would suggest that you get a newer version like schroched3D.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Dude, I know that you are not a firefox guy but even so, if that is your type of game, then you would do well to have the program on your computer.

The reason that I say that is so that you can get the “fire-nes” extension. It is like a couple hundred or so 8 bit games all at your finger tips.

Also, check out newgrounds.com for major cool stuff. Not only games there but pretty much anything flash related. I am a big fan of “Retarded Animal Babies”

It is called a dick drive but it is only for three and a half inch floppy dicks...

You also need to know that scorched earth has been open sourced, so there are lots of versions out there. You can get the classic version but I would suggest that you get a newer version like schroched3D.

I have firefox. Fire-nes looks interesting, but I have other NES emulators. And SNES, Genesis, PSX, and other emulators. I play them on my Eee PC a lot.

I'll try fire-nes. I hardly use firefox for anything anymore though. This extension seems to come with a list of games it loads through a java applet.

Newgrounds is so old. I used to visit there a lot around 6 years ago. RAB is also really old. About as old as foamy or salad fingers. I can't say I keep up with them anymore, but I still visit newgrounds from time to time.

I love Bit Trip: Runner so much because it is the spiritual successor to Vib Ribbon (shown below). Also, Anamanaguchi is doing music for it. The other three Bit Trip games were all quality as well, so I have high expectations.

As for scorched earth, my first go was Gorillas on QBASIC. I have Worms Armageddon still too around here. There is a facebook game of it as well that I play every now and then.

I think I was 5 or 6 back when I played gorillas. It was so fun trying to calculate with the wind, then get frustrated and just fire max power in a direction nearly straight up.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
If i had a wii i'd look into

If i had a wii i'd look into it. it looks fun. love games like that. Il have to stick to my emulaters

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

Tapey wrote:

If i had a wii i'd look into it. it looks fun. love games like that. Il have to stick to my emulaters

I'd suggest buying a Wii. I use it more than my PS3 and 360.

Between Bit Trip: Beat, Bit Trip: Core, Bit Trip: Void, Bit Trip: Runner, No More Heroes, Monster Rancher Tri, Final Fantasy 4-2, Mega Man 9&10, The new Bubble Bobble, and most everything Nintendo puts out (New Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Metroid, etc) there are a lot of GOOD games to play. Oh and Sonic 4 comes out soon too.

Also, the games are considerably cheaper. Each Bit Trip game (they are WiiWare, downloadable) costs like 5-6 bucks. Compare that to a ps3/360 game that comes out at $60.

Bit Trip: Runner is supposed to have 50 levels.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:Tapey

ClockCat wrote:

Tapey wrote:

I'd suggest buying a Wii. I use it more than my PS3 and 360.

Between Bit Trip: Beat, Bit Trip: Core, Bit Trip: Void, Bit Trip: Runner, No More Heroes, Monster Rancher Tri, Final Fantasy 4-2, Mega Man 9&10, The new Bubble Bobble, and most everything Nintendo puts out (New Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Metroid, etc) there are a lot of GOOD games to play. Oh and Sonic 4 comes out soon too.

Also, the games are considerably cheaper. Each Bit Trip game (they are WiiWare, downloadable) costs like 5-6 bucks. Compare that to a ps3/360 game that comes out at $60.

Bit Trip: Runner is supposed to have 50 levels.

I would have to buy a tv first I don't have any consoles anymore since i dont have a tv any more (havent had one for 3 years now). If i were to buy one it would be the wii, im not fussed by having the latest and greatest graphics. iv played all 3 systems quite abit lately and the wii is my favourite. the 360 and the ps3 just seem to have forgotin games are ment to be fun, with all there various tones of gray in every single game and overly serious games. (not saying threre arent fun 360 and ps3 games, there are). Il be waiting for the next set of consoles to come out before i decide its time to get back into all this stuff.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.