ad campaign encouraging atheist activists to join forum [please donate]

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
ad campaign encouraging atheist activists to join forum [please donate]

We have a new google ad up and running designed to find more atheist activists to join us on our website.  You can donate to keep this ad up.  I'll provide a screenshot later to show that the expenses met the donation amounts just like in our last advertising campaign.  The ad looks like this:

Donations can be made via paypal here.

We will be advertising on the following websites, and any other atheist frequented site we can find with google ads.

atheistnexus.org

friendlyatheist.com
skepticsannotatedbible.com
scienceblogs.com
atheistmedia.com
atheistempire.com
wordpress.com::Religion posts,Top center
wordpress.com::Science posts,Top center
celebatheists.com
infidelguy.com
atheism.about.com
freethoughtpedia.com
examiner.com::Religion,Multiple locations
atheistmovies.blogspot.com
thenakedscientists.com
debatingchristianity.com
sciencedaily.com
livescience.com
sciencenews.org
lifewithoutfaith.com
anatheist.net
discovermagazine.com
sciencewithme.com
sciencestage.com
biology-online.org
redheadedskeptic.com
science.howstuffworks.com
skepdic.com
religioustolerance.org
wired.com
science.slashdot.org
AND MORE!!

This is a great opportunity for you to help the RRS and help other atheist sites out as well.  It is important for us to support the rational and scientific websites.  Ads keep these sites up and running!  If you want to advertise on our site, simply set up a google ads account and then set up a targeted placement and bid for the ad on google adwords.  

int_massEntropy
int_massEntropy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Matched...

...mostly because I could not think of a witty number. Laughing out loud

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Two donors of $6.66.

Two donors of $6.66.  Thanks!  Today I put $8 on that campaign and $11 total.  I'd like to spend at least $10 per day for as long as possible.  Keep in mind that about 78% of the money will get kept by the atheist sites were advertising on!  

smpaudio
User is offlineOffline
campaign

Just contributed $30.  

FWIW I do like the proposed banner, but I don't love it.  I think CoR's billboard campaign ( "Are you good without God?  Millions are" )  is probably one of the best examples of positive atheism this movement has had.  Also Free Thought Florida's billboards in Fort Lauderdale ( "Don't believe in God/ You are not alone " ) stand out.        Example:       http://bit.ly/bcNusO

Phrasing the message as a question automatically gets people thinking about their own beliefs.  The brilliance, I think, is that these campaigns don't even contain the slightest call to action, they are simple questions. They are respectful and polite, while simultaneously forcing anyone- for just a moment- to be alone with their own beliefs, and really examine them.  

I've always looked at this as an appeal to the thoughts of people who only know judgment.   Freeing people from the shackles of thought-crime and being granted the 'permission' to think, without any imaginary judgment, is the true message of this movement.  Plus, I think it has the added benefit of being impossible to frame as an "attack" on christianity, without appearing intolerant and backward.

Not that the current banner is in any way bad, it just doesn't pack any punch.  And I know from experience that ads are insanely expensive, and every pixel- every word- has to count.  This isn't just an means to bring existing atheists to this site, but an opportunity to help a few new people to see the light.  If they sense that RRS is their friend, by letting them think, they just might- just might-  keep researching.

The best case for rational thought can be made by making people think rationally, and letting them see for themselves how it feels.  I would've been haunted by a message like the CoR billboards back in my god-fearing days.  Which is just plain awesome, IMHO

We only need to give 'em the rope, they're perfectly capable of hanging themselves.  

I've supported you guys since the Cameron/Comfort interview, this is just my 2 cents.

Thanks,

God: life viewed through the prism of fear.

pmichael
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:We have a new

Sapient wrote:

We have a new google ad up and running designed to find more atheist activists to join us on our website.  You can donate to keep this ad up.  I'll provide a screenshot later to show that the expenses met the donation amounts just like in our last advertising campaign.  The ad looks like this:

Donations can be made via paypal here.

We will be advertising on the following websites, and any other atheist frequented site we can find with google ads.

atheistnexus.org

friendlyatheist.comskepticsannotatedbible.comscienceblogs.comatheistmedia.comatheistempire.comwordpress.com::Religion posts,Top centerwordpress.com::Science posts,Top centercelebatheists.cominfidelguy.comatheism.about.comfreethoughtpedia.comexaminer.com::Religion,Multiple locationsatheistmovies.blogspot.comthenakedscientists.comdebatingchristianity.comsciencedaily.comlivescience.comsciencenews.orglifewithoutfaith.comanatheist.netdiscovermagazine.comsciencewithme.comsciencestage.combiology-online.orgredheadedskeptic.comscience.howstuffworks.comskepdic.comreligioustolerance.orgwired.comscience.slashdot.orgAND MORE!! 

This is a great opportunity for you to help the RRS and help other atheist sites out as well.  It is important for us to support the rational and scientific websites.  Ads keep these sites up and running!  If you want to advertise on our site, simply set up a google ads account and then set up a targeted placement and bid for the ad on google adwords.  

Romans 1:20 NIV: "For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse."

The greatest single cause of atheism today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips and walk out the door and deny him with their life style. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.
--Brennan Murphy

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have to actually have

I have to actually have money to be able to donate. But don't worry...  when I do eventually get a job, I will make a point to save up enough money for a USD donation... hopefully one in the 5-digit range!

(as I've said before... I'm grandiose)

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)