Never know what you are going to find

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Never know what you are going to find

Just working my way through Sands' "The Invention of the Jewish People" and some things I had not come across before are mentioned. I have not verified them yet but they are worth a heads up. He recites from Josephus regarding Judea's conquests after the Maccabe revolt. There were conquests? you ask. Juicy ones. How big was Judea? They conquered, forced circumcision and Yahwist cult observance upon a small provence to the south and of Galilee.

Recall the emperor Justin, aka the Apostate, refers to Christians as Galileans and of course Jesus is identified as a Galilean.

Was Jesus pissed at the Judean priesthood? Will the South rise again?

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
You just found out about

You just found out about this?

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Stosis wrote:
You just found out about this?

Regret the delay in responding. That was an incomplete post.

It goes with the account of Josephus of Judas Aristobulus, ruler of Judea conquering Galilee and forcing them to convert to the Yahweh cult. It shows the subtext of Jesus the Galilean and his contempt for the Judean priests in the gospels -- generation of vipers and all that -- is not reading more into than there is. So judging the tribes of Israel means judging those SOB Judeans. It also means Pauls and the Jesus freaks were not a successful Judean/Jewish cult but long term enemies of the Judeans.

Now I need for try to find out more about the Galileans/Itureans Josephus talks about. 

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml