ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
As much as I'd like to

As much as I'd like to assume my own vindication regarding the value of left politics.... the Y axis says "Jobs Lost" and I would normally assume that translates into:

-30000 jobs lost = 30000 jobs gained.

Can you post the source to clarify?

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
So, that is a chart made by

So, that is a chart made by Satan's human form, Nancy Pelosi, in order to make us think that the Stimulus Package was a success.

Here is what that chart is showing a two-year period from:

So the unemployment rate dropped under Bush's second term until 2007, then it shot up to 7.4%. Then under Obama's watch it shot up to 10%. Then Nancy Pelosi had MiniTru make a chart for her about this. And everyone conveniently ignores Obama's promise that unemployment would never go over 8%. In fact that's one of the goals behind the Stimulus Package: less than 8% unemployment. It's been holding at over 9.5% since last August. At the moment it is 9.7%.

Here is what Obama, told us:

Uh oh, things are way worse than the worse case senario that they predicted in the absense of a Stimulus Package. Their chicken little 'the sky is falling' senario of what would happen to us if we didn't pass the Stimulus Package is far better than what has actually happened with the package.

So, what are we to think here? Was the Stimulus Package a success because unemployment is no longer increasing, or was it a failure because unemployment has increased and held steady at levels FAR in excess of Obama's economic team's predictions?

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
Eloise wrote:Can you post

Eloise wrote:

Can you post the source to clarify?

It was made by Nanci Pelosi's aids. The vertical axis is just titled incorectly. Ignore the double negative and it makes sense.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's difficult to point to

It's difficult to point to anything the administration has done to stop the massive job losses of 2008-09. Both Bush and Obama supported the bailouts. The stimulus spending could have had some benefits, but the massive debt it creates may do more harm than good in the long run. A lot of economists would just say this is just the business cycle, a rebound in demand after lower spending. If Obama has had any positive effect, it was to give middle class people more confidence to spend, not any policy or bill that was passed.

What we can conclude is that neither the leftists or conservative political systems are sustainable. We have a continuous cycles of boom and bust. Even if you believe either leftist or conservative policies bring prosperity, this prosperity then brings problems as a natural consequence of overpopulation and over demand for natural resources and jobs.

I live in California. What happens when we have prosperity? People move here from all over the world to get in a piece of the action, then we get over demand for government services and too much competition for resources like housing and jobs.

Will California become America's first failed state?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen