An Atheist Faith

free_thinker
Posts: 49
Joined: 2009-11-11
User is offlineOffline
An Atheist Faith

Ron Sutterfield,

"TO THE ATHEISTS who have written letters lately stating, "There is no God:""

None of the letters have stated this.

"Their position takes a lot more faith than believing in God.  To believe that the complexity of a human being evolved from primeval mud."

Evolution explains the diversity of life, not the origin. Please have an understanding of a concept before trying to ridicule it.

"To believe that the universe evolved accidentally. To believe that our planet just accidentally turns to provide tides and day and night."

All of this is governed by the laws of physics.

"To believe that it is positioned a perfect distance from the sun so it supports life and provides our seasons."

In a universe so vast, it is inevitable that some planets will have the proper conditions for life.

"The faith it takes to believe these are random is beyond belief."

Lucky it's not random then.

"To these atheists I would like to ask one question: What complex item was ever made that didn't have a maker?"

This 'argument' shoots itself right in the foot. You say "Life is too complex to start on its own,  therefore something infinitely more complex must have started from nothing in order to explain it.

"If you piled all the material for the Sears Tower on a work site, you would have to believe that accidentally the Sears Tower would arise out of the ground. What faith that requires. How much more complex is any life form than the Sears Tower?"

That is a fundamentally flawed analogy: the Sears Tower is a not a reproducing system.

“There is not enough time or random chance in the world for life to happen accidentally. Math equations have proven that for life to have begun by time and random chance is impossible.”

It is not chance, the origin of life would have been governed by the laws of chemistry.

“We have a creator; his name is God.”

Prove it.

“Psalm 53 says, "The fool has said in his heart, there is no God."”

Matthew 5:22 “22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother[a]will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,[b]' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. *****But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.*****”

Ironic, isn’t it.

 


KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
Posts: 702
Joined: 2006-08-03
User is offlineOffline
free_thinker wrote:

free_thinker wrote:

"Math equations have proven blah blah"

Jesus fucking christ, typical language from people who understand neither mathematics nor the concept of evidence.

 


JonathanBC
Posts: 139
Joined: 2010-01-28
User is offlineOffline
The misconceptions of the

The misconceptions of the fundamental facts of evolution is staggering. Who ever told these people that the universe itself evolved? More importantly, how did they graduate high school?


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3139
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
free_thinker

free_thinker wrote:

“Psalm 53 says, "The fool has said in his heart, there is no God."”

Matthew 5:22 “22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother[a]will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,[b]' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. *****But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.*****”

Ironic, isn’t it.

 

God must be a politician, he exempts himself from his own rules.

“Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.” Seneca


Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
Posts: 56
Joined: 2010-01-18
User is offlineOffline
free_thinker

free_thinker wrote:

“Psalm 53 says, "The fool has said in his heart, there is no God."”

Matthew 5:22 “22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother[a]will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,[b]' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. *****But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.*****”

Ironic, isn’t it.

-----------------------------------------------

ah y vuelve el burro al trigo!  My book says so therefore it's real and nothing else is.If you were to say any different then you are going to hell, again because my book says so.

All forms of tampering with human beings, getting at them, shaping them against their will to your own pattern, all thought control and conditioning is, therefore, a denial of that in men which makes them men and their values ultimate.
Isaiah Berlin


Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
Posts: 776
Joined: 2009-12-23
User is offlineOffline
free_thinker wrote:

free_thinker wrote:

Their position takes a lot more faith than believing in God.

 

I'll wager that this is actually a correct assessment.

It takes a lot more faith and a lot more courage to not give in to the urge for jumping at conclusions.

In fact it takes a real spine and a set of solid state brass balls to admit that God - even if there is such a thing - is unknowable.

All you have is your body and mind and a very short time to live your life in this world as best you can.

In my opinion - and I am as hard nosed an atheist as they come - all the 'believers' of this world, whatver name they give themselves and whichever scriptures they lose their mind into, are yellow bellied cowards who berate and insult their own God by behaving like swine while claiming to be righteous. A more honourable position to adapt would be that of giving praise by relating to reality - or Creation, if you like - at face value, seeking own improvement through own understanding, rather than acting like a snivelling piece of shit who begs for mercy where there clearly is none to be had. It seems to me a dubious position to adapt when you are in judgment of Creation, thinking yourself to be an agent of God, with the right to speak on his behalf, seeking to 'improve' the world that he created by frightening and harrassing oher people, even little children!

I do not hate Christians, I despise them.

You are a disgusting lot.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com