Gays in the military, Obama to review and hopefully end "dont ask dont tell".

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gays in the military, Obama to review and hopefully end "dont ask dont tell".

I am quite sure the first thing a fagot is thinking about while bullets wiz over their heads is sucking their fellow soldiers dick.

"Dude, these missles blowing up around me make me think of dick"

Meanwhile, we normal hetero's go out into non military life every day, to work, to public transports, and bars and beaches and undress women with our eyes every day, even if we don't touch them. I think a fagot is not capable of controling themselves, even though there are more hetero rapists than gay rapists in prison. Not that rape is a sexual issue in any case.

God did such a great job with our body design that he couldn't magically make a dick limp if someone tried to go anal. NAW, we need to keep our homophobia. We need to ignore that all other mamalian species display a similar ratio. We need to demonize them and seat them at the back of the bus where they belong. Who cares that they risks their lives so we could fuck women?

WHOSE WITH ME!

(Note to self: Did I think that, or type it?)

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
It took me a second to

It took me a second to realize that it was the onion!

I can't remember which comedian was in support of gay marriage, but he said, why shouldn't they have the opportunity to be as miserable as married couples?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
No! ..... I say NO!

Gays in the military might get killed in action.    Who would be left to tell us how to dress, stage our plays, teach us to dance, decorate our interiors and our houses!  N0 -  NO for the sake of good taste and design;  gays cannot be risked in combat.  Life would be too too too bland without them; take straights only,   who needs their plaid shirts and ankle high shorts.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
On a related note, and

On a related note, and perhaps interestingly; the boys that founded what has later been known as The Old Guard in the leather-and-discipline fraction of the homosexual sadomasochist subculture, were WW1 veterans... so, clearly, something must have been going on in those trenches that didn't include any wenches. Myself, I can't quite see WTF your sexuality has got to do with anything related to your military service. Or anything else, for that matter, outside of the (hopefully) narrow circle of those for whom it might concern, i.e. your partner(s).

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

Gays in the military might get killed in action.    Who would be left to tell us how to dress, stage our plays, teach us to dance, decorate our interiors and our houses!  N0 -  NO for the sake of good taste and design;  gays cannot be risked in combat.  Life would be too too too bland without them; take straights only,   who needs their plaid shirts and ankle high shorts.

FUCK! That would explain my lack of fashion sense.

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote: Myself, I

Marquis wrote:

Myself, I can't quite see WTF your sexuality has got to do with anything related to your military service. 

Dude, it's all about fear.  The military is supposed to be about 'brotherhood.'  Some of them react in a similar way to how Brian jokingly reacted.  I find it pathetic.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
v4ultingbassist wrote:Dude,

v4ultingbassist wrote:

Dude, it's all about fear. 

Then again, being an islamic insurgent and being captured by a total queen of a marine, must be terrify'ing indeed

What Would Kharn Do?

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul wrote:a

The Doomed Soul wrote:

a total queen of a marine

Oh god... the navy... down in a sub for months at a time... with all that seme *ahem* seamen...

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
v4ultingbassist wrote:I find

v4ultingbassist wrote:
I find it pathetic.

What's really pathetic is that 99% of all straight men hold no attraction to gays at all.

So their fears are, to put it mildly, quite without any foundation in reality.

But I can see how it is fun to mess with their heads never the less...

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
here's my thoughts on the

here's my thoughts on the dont ask, dont tell policy:

overall i think it's a decent policy, the problem is with the way its used

i dont think its important for the militray to know if a potential soldier is gay or straight, as an employer they wouldnt want to know nor would they need to as its none of their business, i mean when someone goes to apply for a job they dont say "hey im here to apply for (insert job title here) and btw im gay", it has no bearing on how well they can do their job

the problem is the way the policy is being used, people are being booted for simply being gay, which is wrong, what should matter is conduct and ability, if there is homosexual conduct that is disruptive it should be dealt with, just like if there is heterosexual conduct that is disruptive

i dont understand what "serving openly" even means, in my opinion its giving away something very important and giving it away almost enthusiastically, and thats your personal privacy

it seems to me that declaring whether or not your gay or straight when you go to join the military (or run for office as a recently elected mayor did) seems almost counterproductive, it opens you up to being labelled (as the mayor now is) as "the first openly gay mayor" or something else, which puts the focus on the sexual orientation and not their abilities

i dont care what someone is (black, white, woman, man, gay, straight), i care who they are

just my 2 pennies

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
No it is not a "decent

No it is not a "decent policy". You don't have to go up to people when you are heterosexual and tell everyone you are hetero, people usually figure that out long term. You call a girlfriend and someone overhears it. You call your wife and someone overhears it. But if a gay soldier calls their partner in front of others they can get kicked out.

It forces them to hide their homosexuality. Why would it be ok for a heterosexual to make a phone call to their partner, at the office, or wherever, where others can hear it, but a gay soldier has to hide from everyone?

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:No it is not a

Brian37 wrote:

No it is not a "decent policy". You don't have to go up to people when you are heterosexual and tell everyone you are hetero, people usually figure that out long term. You call a girlfriend and someone overhears it. You call your wife and someone overhears it. But if a gay soldier calls their partner in front of others they can get kicked out.

It forces them to hide their homosexuality. Why would it be ok for a heterosexual to make a phone call to their partner, at the office, or wherever, where others can hear it, but a gay soldier has to hide from everyone?

apparently you can't read that well

maybe re-read what i actually wrote, not what you think i wrote, and you'll see that the issue you have has already been dealt with in my answer

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
atomicdogg34 wrote:Brian37

atomicdogg34 wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

maybe re-read what i actually wrote, not what you think i wrote, and you'll see that the issue you have has already been dealt with in my answer

Quote:

No, the problem is that it was written at all.

How about this policy?

If someone is willing to put their life at risk for you, why should asking or telling be a qualification or disqualification for service? How about service only being related to ability?

Would you feel the same way if the policy were aimed at heterosexuals?

What if the world were 90 percent homosexual and all military around the world had that same "Don't ask don't tell" policy?

What if you could only serve as a heterosexual if you kept your mouth shut and no on asked you about your heterosexuality?

Personally, I think your sexuality or religious beliefs fly out the window when bullets are buzzing over your head.

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:atomicdogg34

Brian37 wrote:

atomicdogg34 wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Quote:

No, the problem is that it was written at all.

How about this policy?

If someone is willing to put their life at risk for you, why should asking or telling be a qualification or disqualification for service? How about service only being related to ability?

Would you feel the same way if the policy were aimed at heterosexuals?

What if the world were 90 percent homosexual and all military around the world had that same "Don't ask don't tell" policy?

What if you could only serve as a heterosexual if you kept your mouth shut and no on asked you about your heterosexuality?

Personally, I think your sexuality or religious beliefs fly out the window when bullets are buzzing over your head.

nevermind, apparently you're too stupid to read what i actually wrote and not what you think i wrote, even though i clearly stated that kicking someone out for just being gay is wrong

you really are a sensitive bitch aren't you, first the outrage over a stupid picture now this

get some help, seriously

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
This stuff is all a ball of

This stuff is all a ball of emotion.

Have there been any studies on unit cohesion both during and out of combat?  You would think it would be a fairly straight (haha) forward thing to analyze.  Do openly gay members of a unit cause harm to effectiveness?

Are there other, active military forces that accept openly gay members?  I doubt Russia or China does but the UK is open.... http://www.palmcenter.org/publications/dadt/british_soldier_motivation

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:This stuff

mellestad wrote:

This stuff is all a ball of emotion.

Have there been any studies on unit cohesion both during and out of combat?  You would think it would be a fairly straight (haha) forward thing to analyze.  Do openly gay members of a unit cause harm to effectiveness?

Are there other, active military forces that accept openly gay members?  I doubt Russia or China does but the UK is open.... http://www.palmcenter.org/publications/dadt/british_soldier_motivation

Awesome article. In lots of ways I am embarrassed to be an American because we are so far behind on equality.