ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:ah, childhood

ah, childhood indoctrination.

i can still remember as a young kid my parents feeling guilt-ridden enough once every couple of months to force us to go to church.  i remember being herded downstairs for "junior church," where we would watch shit like this.  i never saw this particular gentleman, but i do remember watching cartoons where kids would go back in time into the bible stories.  one of them was called "super book," and i remember it being anime.  i also remember thinking, even at that young age, "are you people fucking serious!?"

my folks never tried the indoctrination shit at home and, like i said, we only went to church when the residual guilt piled up, so i never took junior church seriously.  i spent most of the lessons being yelled at for talking to my cousin.

OH FUCK, i just remembered the most hilarious thing a church teacher ever said to me!

i remember we had a lesson on gideon in the book of judges and i actually thought it was a really interesting story, so after we finished reading the verses for the lesson i kept reading.  after about 5 minutes i was aware that the teacher was asking me a question.  i looked up and said "huh?" and the teacher said, "chris!  stop reading the bible and listen to me!"

i remember thinking that was seriously fucked up.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ah, here's super book:i

ah, here's super book:

i guess that looks pretty fuckin' cool for a fundy brainwashing cartoon.  if anybody can make bible story time fun, the japanese can.

couldn't be any worse than wicked city.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
Did anyone else notice the

Did anyone else notice the sexual undertones of them singing a song about obedience when the guy grabs the bird by the back of the head and the bird opens its mouth as if to say "Oh yes. This is what I want."?

Fucking hypocrites.

"Faith, Faith is an island in the setting sun,
but proof, proof is the bottom line for everyone."
Proof, Paul Simon

Nothing this hard should taste so beefy.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah Nut

My first thought was that it was not so much the message that was disturbing but that polo-shirted prig's unnatural relationship with the puppet.

Nice message for kids. Don't think. Believe.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Redrum...

Redrum...

EDIT: Fucking hell... seriously... it would REALLY make me happy if I could fucking KILL a guy like that, every day, with my axe, slowly working my way back to the source of this repulsive infection of  a mind virus. And that's how any healthy, non-pedophile parent would feel about the matter.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis

Marquis wrote:

Redrum...

EDIT: Fucking hell... seriously... it would REALLY make me happy if I could fucking KILL a guy like that, every day, with my axe, slowly working my way back to the source of this repulsive infection of  a mind virus. And that's how any healthy, non-pedophile parent would feel about the matter.

Agreed. You would think anyone who spends as much time accusing homosexuals of predatory behavior would be more on guard than that. Pretty sick.

Proof, Paul Simon

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
gag me

I am the person who deliberately left the word "obey" out of our marriage vows.  I could not watch that video, you are cruel clockcat.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:D!!!

cj wrote:

I am the person who deliberately left the word "obey" out of our marriage vows. I could not watch that video, you are cruel clockcat.

:3

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sword of the Spirit! 

In the game you get to kill various nefarious liberals, the end goal being the "Wacky Protestor" that uses the evils of technology. To protest. Which is bad. Thats why you have to kill him.

Infidelis
Superfan
Infidelis's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:   Sword of

ClockCat wrote:

Sword of the Spirit! 

In the game you get to kill various nefarious liberals, the end goal being the "Wacky Protestor" that uses the evils of technology. To protest. Which is bad. Thats why you have to kill him.

THE FUCK?
Sad thing is, i can't even tell if its a joke or not.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:o

No, I assure you this is real.

The anti-intellectualism is very strong in the evangelical places in America.

The short time I went to a protestant school I was informed all catholics were going to hell, dancing was a sin, watching movies was a sin, and if anyone caught you doing either of the last two you were expelled from the school. One of the most important subjects of school was bible verses. In later studies, which I didn't continue my education there after two years of it, there were classes on how to convert people. Welcome to a "private school".

Also, the statue of David had a photoshopped diaper on it in my art book. Amid all the other things most people consider normal that live there.

Oh yes, and before I went to that school I went to a catholic one. So it was great being informed my first year at the new school that all my old friends were going to hell.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote: Oh yes, and

ClockCat wrote:

Oh yes, and before I went to that school I went to a catholic one. So it was great being informed my first year at the new school that all my old friends were going to hell.

awww, man! at least catholic schoolgirls are hot.  nothin' worse than a frigid protestant schoolgirl with jesus bangs, no make-up, and a long denim skirt.

i dated a former catholic schoolgirl in college.  she assured me that everything said about them is true, but that her school, sacred heart, was the most virtuous catholic girls' school in louisville.

...because the girls at all the other schools went all the way, while they only gave blowjobs.

btw, why the switch?  did your parents go from catholic to protestant?

--Hunter S. Thompson

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:   Sword of

ClockCat wrote:

Sword of the Spirit! 

that looks kind of like a shittier (though graphically superior) version of the old NES game "the immortal."  and that was a pretty shitty game to begin with.

--Hunter S. Thompson

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:o

iwbiek wrote:

btw, why the switch?  did your parents go from catholic to protestant?

I'm pretty sure they didn't understand the difference between the two. Also, catholic school does something to people.

I don't know if it is the uniform or what, but everyone that went to my catholic school I know is a sexual deviant. There is honestly a lot of truth in that.

Maybe it is everything becoming so ritualized, you need things to break up monotony. I mean, you get used to saying the lords prayer several times a day in unison, and it is like everything is designed to make people feel both part of a group and isolated at the same time

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:the statue of

ClockCat wrote:
the statue of David had a photoshopped diaper on it in my art book

This cracked me up. I have decided to snicker at that idea for the rest of this day.

Do these morons not understand that the "dirt" is entirely in their minds?

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

Waiting for Oblivion
Waiting for Oblivion's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:ah, here's

iwbiek wrote:

ah, here's super book:

Fuck, I used to love that show. I didn't even know it was about the bible and my parents didn't seem to mind me and my sisters watching it (my dad's a deist and mom a LaVeyan  satanist)

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

bpwaddell
bpwaddell's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Where were you bastards then ?"

Thank you for posting the video...
I have to admit that  the whole thing about obeying, God and Jesus was painful to watch, 
and he obviously forgot to mention the Spanish Inquisition... AGAIN.

Here is Rowan Atkinson delivering what I can only describe as the "real thing".. especially if you are Catholic..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpNIwx32F30

Smiling

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Obey the fist

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
v4ultingbassist's picture
User is offlineOffline
hahaha, was that invader

hahaha, was that invader zim?  or just a similar animation style?

Strafio
Strafio's picture
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:i remember we

iwbiek wrote:
i remember we had a lesson on gideon in the book of judges and i actually thought it was a really interesting story, so after we finished reading the verses for the lesson i kept reading.

It's a classic, isn't it.
If Christians ever wanted their own 300 movie, this would be it.
"Israelite, what is your profession??"
"Trumpeter!!"

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline

v4ultingbassist wrote:

Absolutely Vasquez.

Peppermint42
atheistSuperfan
Peppermint42's picture
User is offlineOffline
OMG I <3 ZIM!!!  Dude... 

OMG I <3 ZIM!!! 

Dude...  the obey video dude had a beautiful voice.  Such a waste using it to sing about being God's puppets...  omg is that why there's a bird puppet in the vid?  O.o

I'm pretty sure the first song my mum ever taught me was "Jesus Loves Me".  I was...  two???  Yes, even before I was in kindergarten Jesus was a part of my life.

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat

ClockCat wrote:

v4ultingbassist wrote:

Absolutely Vasquez.

I wasn't sure because I didn't see this fella:

Quite possibly my favorite cartoon character ever.  Though Archer is pretty hilarious too.

Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
User is offlineOffline
v4ultingbassist

v4ultingbassist wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

v4ultingbassist wrote:

Absolutely Vasquez.

I wasn't sure because I didn't see this fella:

Quite possibly my favorite cartoon character ever.  Though Archer is pretty hilarious too.

O.o Zim The Invader  is awesomeness! I have all the episodes, the show ended incomplete.

All forms of tampering with human beings, getting at them, shaping them against their will to your own pattern, all thought control and conditioning is, therefore, a denial of that in men which makes them men and their values ultimate.
Isaiah Berlin

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Obey the minimoose!

Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
User is offlineOffline
I see your Bibleman armor

I see your Bibleman armor sequence and raise you a Venture Brothers Bibleman armor sequence:

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
But Gallows how fucken annoying was

Gallowsbait wrote:

OMG I <3 ZIM!!! 

Dude...  the obey video dude had a beautiful voice.  Such a waste using it to sing about being God's puppets...  omg is that why there's a bird puppet in the vid?  O.o

I'm pretty sure the first song my mum ever taught me was "Jesus Loves Me".  I was...  two???  Yes, even before I was in kindergarten Jesus was a part of my life.

The puppet's voice?? I could have wrung the puppet's neck. The way it said "OOBEEEEEY" and its big eyes, too. Yikes.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lessons learned from all

Lessons learned from all these videos---obey your masters, fight for your faith with armor, and size does matter!

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jormungander wrote:I see

Jormungander wrote:

I see your Bibleman armor sequence and raise you a Venture Brothers Bibleman armor sequence:

The fucking Venture Bros. rule. Zim is great and everything, but the Venture Bros. are fucking epic.

Proof, Paul Simon

Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
User is offlineOffline
nutxaq wrote:Jormungander

nutxaq wrote:

Jormungander wrote:

The fucking Venture Bros. rule. Zim is great and everything, but the Venture Bros. are fucking epic.

You people had all the fun watching awesome toons while I was stuck watching DBZ and Ren & Stimpy.

All forms of tampering with human beings, getting at them, shaping them against their will to your own pattern, all thought control and conditioning is, therefore, a denial of that in men which makes them men and their values ultimate.
Isaiah Berlin

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You people had all the

Quote:

You people had all the fun watching awesome toons while I was stuck watching DBZ and Ren & Stimpy.

Hey now, don't be raggin on DBZ, that show was the shit to almost any male around the age of 12.  lol

But SWAT Cats was better.  Anyone else see that show?

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
v4ultingbassist

v4ultingbassist wrote:

Quote:

Hey now, don't be raggin on DBZ, that show was the shit to almost any male around the age of 12.  lol

Yes. And Pirates of Dark Water, the first season of Gargoyles, Rocko's Modern Life, Eek the Cat, Freakazoid, Animaniacs, and a host of many other things. :3

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat

ClockCat wrote:

v4ultingbassist wrote:

Quote:

Yes. And Pirates of Dark Water, the first season of Gargoyles, Rocko's Modern Life, Eek the Cat, Freakazoid, Animaniacs, and a host of many other things. :3

What was DBZ? And the Venture Bros. is currently running on Adult Swim and the first two or three seasons are available on DVD.

And amen to Rocko, Eek, and the Animaniacs. Those were hysterically weird and ballsy for kids cartoons.

Proof, Paul Simon

Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol I loved watching all

lol I loved watching all shows mentioned above including Dinosaurs and The Tick. <3 Some consider it unnatural for a 23 year old woman like me to be fascinated by animation, mais regarde!! many others like em too.

Isaiah Berlin

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zombie Jesus wrote: lol I

Zombie Jesus wrote:

lol I loved watching all shows mentioned above including Dinosaurs and The Tick. <3 Some consider it unnatural for a 23 year old woman like me to be fascinated by animation, mais regarde!! many others like em too.

Nope. It's hot. I love me a woman that doesn't take things so seriously that they can't enjoy a little silliness. Besides animation is a great art form.

Proof, Paul Simon

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
nutxaq wrote:What was

nutxaq wrote:

What was DBZ?

Dragon Ball Z.  It was an anime show, where the dudes would get super muscly, their hair would stand up and become bright yellow when they powered up.

I grew up without cable or satellite until I was 11 or 12, so I missed some of those shows, because I could only see them at grandma's.

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Besides animation is a

Quote:

Besides animation is a great art form.

Agreed.  Things like Avatar should make new cinematic movies incredible, too.

Anyone watch FX's new show, Archer?  It is outrageously funny.

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
v4ultingbassist wrote:nutxaq

v4ultingbassist wrote:

nutxaq wrote:

What was DBZ?

Dragon Ball Z.  It was an anime show, where the dudes would get super muscly, their hair would stand up and become bright yellow when they powered up.

I grew up without cable or satellite until I was 11 or 12, so I missed some of those shows, because I could only see them at grandma's.

Oh. I can't get into most of those because the plots are too convoluted and not in a good way like Memento or other mind benders. The only one I ever really liked was Ninja Scroll and I was always good fucked up when I watched it.

Proof, Paul Simon

v4ultingbassist
Science Freak
User is offlineOffline
nutxaq wrote:Oh. I can't get

nutxaq wrote:

Oh. I can't get into most of those because the plots are too convoluted and not in a good way like Memento or other mind benders. The only one I ever really liked was Ninja Scroll and I was always good fucked up when I watched it.

Well I mean that I watched them when I was a kid, and don't any more.  But Archer is an adult show; I recommend it to all.

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zombie Jesus wrote:You

Zombie Jesus wrote:

Hey! Ren & Stimpy is awesome!

Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
User is offlineOffline
KSMB wrote:Zombie Jesus

KSMB wrote:

Zombie Jesus wrote:

Hey! Ren & Stimpy is awesome!

I was in love with both as a child. I watched R&S the other day and it's quite disturbing lol I don't remember it being so bizarre.The "Ren's Toothache" episode makes my teeth ache!

Isaiah Berlin