Hello All

Kevin Wilslef
Kevin Wilslef's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello All

Hi, the names Kevin, soon to be living in Minnesota. I have been an atheist my entire life. 

I grew up in small town Illinois, listen to heavy metal, play console rpgs (love Final Fantasy), read a lot of horror fiction, watch quite a few movies, typical everyday stuff.

I never was religious and never believed in god. My parents (though religious in their own way) never brought up god or forced me and my sister to go to church. 

I hope to have some great conversations with you all

Peace

Kevin

All that I know, there was no god for me - Fear Factory - Resurrection
http://theoracleofjames.wordpress.com/

atheist6in6a6foxhole
atheist6in6a6foxhole's picture
User is offlineOffline
 heavy metal is awesome,

heavy metal is awesome, the final fantasy games suck, and atheism is badass. nice to meet you.

"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." -George Bush, Sr.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Final Fantasy is inarguably

Final Fantasy is inarguably the greatest series of games in human history. Nothing else is remotely as good. The worst FF is still better than any other video game.

Welcome! Laughing out loud

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Kevin Wilslef
Kevin Wilslef's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Thank you for the welcome.

Thank you for the welcome. Glad to meet another Final Fantasy fan.

I'm hoping for great things with XIII (only reason that I bought a ps3)

Kevin Wilslef
Kevin Wilslef's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Glad to meet you back.

Glad to meet you back.  Gotta love the metal,  , makes the world more fun.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Kevin!I live in

Welcome Kevin!

I live in Illinois and love heavy metal music. What is Final Fantasy?   (jk)

~ love horror books ~ they offer me a reprieve from the real horrors of life  Eye-wink

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello Kevin and welcomeFinal

Hello Kevin and welcome

Final Fantasy VII is my favorite, FF movies too. Hope you like it here. Smiling

Unrepentant_Elitist
Science FreakGold Member
Unrepentant_Elitist's picture
User is offlineOffline
While the extent of my

While the extent of my gaming is limited to chess, I live in Minnesota- which ought to count for something!

Are you coming here for work or for the balmy climate?

Regards,

UE

Kevin Wilslef
Kevin Wilslef's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry for the long lay-over lol

It's been awhile, when I signed up I was a couple days out from a move from Illinois to Minnesota. Now having all my stuff settled here and everything relatively calm, I have time to participate. 

The reason behind the move is that my fiancee's mother was diagnosed with lung cancer middle of last year, and she wanted to move here and help her.  We didn't have the money at the time for a place, and everybody knew the end was coming soon, so she lived in her mom's apartment and took care of her while I came up with the extra money.  Sadly, I couldn't come up with the money until after her mom died, but we kept the apartment so that she can have her memories around her.  It is a place I'm trying to get used to coming from a rural part of Illinois and now living near Minneapolis, it's a lot more hectic than I'm used to.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
God is going to smite you

God is going to smite you for not believing in him, and so will Mickey Mouse.

Welcome, and please leave your barbecue kitten on the pot luck table at the door, pony up to the free bar and have some goats blood on the house.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Kevin Wilslef
Kevin Wilslef's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:God is going

Brian37 wrote:

God is going to smite you for not believing in him, and so will Mickey Mouse.

Welcome, and please leave your barbecue kitten on the pot luck table at the door, pony up to the free bar and have some goats blood on the house.

I don't have to worry about mickey mouse, he doesn't believe in even himself now that I took him to a Slayer show.  His moshing during Disciple was epic.

I brought plenty of barbecue kittens to spread the love around, and in the immortal words of Dethklok's Nathan Explosion

"Goats blood, BRUTAL!"

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
welcome!!!!

Well were have you been for the last 10 months?   It's about time you got back to us.   You can comment on other posts as  well yeah know.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Kevin Wilslef
Kevin Wilslef's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick

Jeffrick wrote:

Well were have you been for the last 10 months?   It's about time you got back to us.   You can comment on other posts as  well yeah know.

Saving up money so that I could put up the deposit on this apartment, and spending some time getting acclimated.  I grew up my whole life in small town(900 people) America, so it's been something getting used to being in a more urban setting. Between saving up money, moving, and all the crap that came along with my fiancee's mothers death, it's been a pretty hectic life.  Things have finally started to calm down so I have time to use the computer and relax.

I've posted in a couple of other posts, just working my way in.