I Love Fundamentalist Atheists

Fortunate_Son
TheistTroll
User is offlineOffline

They "lack belief" in God and yet when you actually try and present evidence, they do not just disagree... rather they attack it with this religious zeal and the more you try to defend your position, the angrier they get.

LOL

Is this an issue of the evidence or an issue of the existence of God actually affecting your life?

Fools!

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
I have a disdain for

I have a disdain for fundamentalist Christians.  Don't remember ever meeting one that actually lived a Christ like life.  They just like to pretend they do.  You're a perfect example.

Fortunate_Son wrote:

Fools!

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Get it right, Fortunate!

Fortunate_Son wrote:

They "lack belief" in God and yet when you actually try and present evidence, they do not just disagree... rather they attack it with this religious zeal and the more you try to defend your position, the angrier they get.

LOL

Is this an issue of the evidence or an issue of the existence of God actually affecting your life?

Fools!

We attack you with irreligious zeal. It's completely different.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

free_thinker
User is offlineOffline
Fortunate_Son wrote:They

Fortunate_Son wrote:

LOL

Fools!

I don't think you understand.  To me, at least, its not even about "atheism" as much as it is utilizing reason, logic, rationality, and evaluation of evidence (what else can we really trust) in the quest for truth.  I am open to the existence of a god, but you presenting some badly thought out argument is hardly going to cut it.  And, even if you could provide evidence for A god, why should we jump to the conclusion that is the Christian god?

As for your complaint about atheists attacking your "evidence" - I suspect they did so because they have a high regard for intellectual honesty.  As long as you continue to present fundamentally flawed arguments, we will continue to refute them - because, unlike you, we actually care about the truth.

cj
atheistRational VIP!
cj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fortunate_Son

I tried to believe for years.  Searched for evidence, took bible study classes, searched again, and couldn't find it.  So, if there is no proof, then I should have had faith, right?  I tried and tried, but the evidence was all for a god who let a five year old girl be sold by her mother to an adult man who raped and murdered the baby.  http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/north-carolina-girl-raped-and-murdered-the-day-she-was-snatched-police-say/blog-198835/  What kind of a god is that?  What kind of a god would PLAN that?

I finally came to the conclusion that I had choices:

1. god was really lazy

2. god didn't give a rat's patootie about you, me, or anyone or anything else

3. god was a figment of human beings' imaginations

4. god was a malignant thug

I choose number three as it was the least painful option.  (Number four is my husband's fave.)

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

-- I feel so much better since I stopped trying to believe.

"We are entitled to our own opinions. We're not entitled to our own facts"- Al Franken

"If death isn't sweet oblivion, I will be severely disappointed" - Ruth M.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

Fortunate_Son wrote:

LOL

Fools!

Rofl. You described every fundamentalist theist right there, but very few atheists at all. How amusing.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
You call us "zealots"

You call us "zealots" falsely.

You are acting like those in the past who passionately truely believed the earth was flat and got angry that someone dared say otherwise.

We ARE passionate about getting humans to THINK for themselves instead of blindly buying what they were sold as kids or what their cultures indoctrinate them with.

Where you are WRONG is that we are "zealots" trying to lump us in with monsters like Bin Ladin or Eric Rudoph or Stalin. You are merely dehumanizing us because that is easier than facing our challenge to look in the mirror at your own arguments. Intellectual bravery and self introspection is much harder than knee jerk reactions to being challenged.

We don't want to stick you or anyone of any religion in an oven. We dont want to kill you. We don't want to blow up anything. We are merely shouting "WAKE UP" and you are acting like a child because someone isn't blindly reacting to you saying "Isn't that pretty".

We don't know you personally. We have never met you. But on the issue of god, ANY GOD, we say "bullshit" in that there is no such thing, BY ANY NAME, as a non-material invisible brain with no brain that floats out there everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

READ THIS AND KEEP REPEATING THIS UNTIL YOU GET IT!

WE DON'T HATE YOU, WE DON'T KNOW YOU, WE HAVE NEVER MET YOU PERSONALLY.

Stop taking our bluntness and blasphemy personally. If you cant prove what you claim, we wont hate you, we simply will not adapt your position. We are not treating you any differently than anyone else of any other religion.

We are all have family members and co-workers and friends who do believe and we love them, THAT doesn't mean we love every thing that comes out of their mouths.  We are not delusional in thinking that 6 billion people will always agree on all things all the time.

If you want to stick around WE do want you here, but you are going to torture yourself if you think your claims are owed respect. Positions worth defending can withstand scrutiny and blasphemy and ARE worth testing.

However, you wont get any sympathy from any of us trying to falsely paint us as if we are cereal killers and kick puppies.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Or is it just getting tired

Or is it just getting tired of the arguments that you folk use when you're lying for Jesus, FS?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
COME ON

COME ON ATHEISTS.........KICK PUPPIES! RECORD THE NFL WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!

That, or call a duck a duck when you see a duck...........NAW..............living up to stereotypes is much more fun.

"Don't pick on my god, he is special. Don't call me on my bad use of logic. It might expose the fact that it is all in my head".

"MOMMY MOMMY THE BAD PUPPY KICKER IS GOING TO GIVE ME COOTIES.

Thank you for flying delusional airlines where the wings are made of balsa wood and the engines are hamsters spinning wheels. And their pilot is Captain Naked Assertion."

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:the engines

Brian37 wrote:

the engines are hamsters spinning wheels

... wait just a minute! when did airplanes start using server technology?

What Would Kharn Do?

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

Fortunate_Son wrote:

LOL

Fools!

Fundamentalism refers to a belief in a strict adherence to a set of basic principles (often religious in nature), sometimes as a reaction to perceived doctrinal compromises with modern social and political life.[1][2][3][4]

The term fundamentalism was originally coined to describe a narrowly defined set of beliefs that developed into a movement within the Protestant community of the United States in the early part of the 20th century, and that had its roots in theFundamentalist-Modernist Controversy of that time. Until 1950, there was no entry for fundamentalism in the Oxford English Dictionary;[5] the derivative fundamentalist was added only in its second 1989 edition.[6]

---

Do you understand why this word cannot be used to describe atheism now? Lacking belief in a god does not infer any shared principles, tenets, or doctrine. Basically, we all hold different worldviews.

To be fundamentalist, there has to be some kind of doctrine to be fundamental about. Correct language usage is very important.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline

Fortunate_Son wrote:

LOL

Fools!

Dude, when did you become a troll?

I thought you were better than that.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold

nigelTheBold wrote:

Fortunate_Son wrote:

Fools!

Dude, when did you become a troll?

The devil made him do it.

As for exactly "when"; it was at the much famed moment of truth.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

Sterculius
Sterculius's picture
User is offlineOffline

Fortunate_Son wrote:

LOL

Fools!

I hate fucking idiots.

"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such."
Homer Simpson

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sterculius wrote:I hate

Sterculius wrote:

I hate fucking idiots.

It's OK as long as you make sure to wear a condom.

Sterculius
Sterculius's picture
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:Sterculius

Marquis wrote:

Sterculius wrote:

I hate fucking idiots.

It's OK as long as you make sure to wear a condom.

Yeah I certainly don't want their genes to be selected.

Condoms : Giving Natural Selection A Hand!

"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such."
Homer Simpson

Pillowpants
atheist
Pillowpants's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Hey Fortunate Son I got a

Hey Fortunate Son I got a present for you

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
atomicdogg34 wrote:What is

atomicdogg34 wrote:

What is that image supposed to imply? That Christians should be murdered and dumped in dumpsters like trash? If you are an atheist, thanks just what atheists need, people like you posting crap like this thinking Christians wont associate us to Hitler and Bin Laden.

And don't think that just because you are an atheist that all the atheists here agree with your image. I find it horrible and sick.

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:atomicdogg34

Brian37 wrote:

atomicdogg34 wrote:

What is that image supposed to imply? That Christians should be murdered and dumped in dumpsters like trash? If you are an atheist, thanks just what atheists need, people like you posting crap like this thinking Christians wont associate us to Hitler and Bin Laden.

And don't think that just because you are an atheist that all the atheists here agree with your image. I find it horrible and sick.

its supposed to imply you need a sense of humor instead of being an indignant prick

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't find it funny at

I don't find it funny at all. Would you find it funny if some right wing nut job had posted an image of two people pretending to be dead abortion doctors dumped into a dumpster?

Blashemy is one thing, implying that others should be killed because they have beliefs you don't like is not funny.

Jefferson also said "Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unentelligable propositions"

This is not ridiculing anything, it is saying "kill Christians". If that is not your intent, then you are making a mistake because there will be people who take it that way, EVEN IF that is not your intent. If I can take it that way being an atheist, surely you can see Christians taking it  that way.

I don't think you want to bring that kind of trouble to yourself IF as what you say, "kill Christians" is not your intent. And I am quite sure this website doesn't want that implication brought onto the owners, NOR would they advocate any kind of violence.

If it is a joke, or ridicule or blasphemy, you can do far better than this, because this can and will send the wrong message, despite any intent you might have in your head. And if you didn't know, Christians, not atheists, are the majority. And even if atheists were the majority, I would never suggest or joke about killing someone over their beliefs, no matter how absurd I find them.

Just because you CAN say something, and since I am not a lawyer, I cannot address the legality of this post, DOESN'T mean it is wise. Whatever you think of my reaction you most certainly are speaking for yourself.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I don't find

Brian37 wrote:

I don't find it funny at all. Would you find it funny if some right wing nut job had posted an image of two people pretending to be dead abortion doctors dumped into a dumpster?

Blashemy is one thing, implying that others should be killed because they have beliefs you don't like is not funny.

If we're talking about implications, it should be noted that every image you see with that style (the black edge, the white text, the image) is created for the purposes of humor.  I saw it that way.  

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian, we all get it.  Most

Brian, we all get it.  Most of us got it a very long time ago.  You read deep into something intended to provoke harmless humour as a thinly veiled suggestion that, for instance*, Christians should be murdered and put into a dumpster.  That's not what it implies to anyone but you and perhaps doomy.   Honestly, your unabated overreaction to everything you could even remotely construe as violent intent is incredibly annoying.  Look at the picture and laugh, damnit.  It's supposed to be funny.  I can't imagine why you always see some deep, violent meaning in things.  I think that probably says more about you than of the image.

*Brain37 wrote:

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I don't find

Brian37 wrote:

Jefferson also said "Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unentelligable propositions"

This is not ridiculing anything, it is saying "kill Christians". If that is not your intent, then you are making a mistake because there will be people who take it that way, EVEN IF that is not your intent. If I can take it that way being an atheist, surely you can see Christians taking it  that way.

I don't think you want to bring that kind of trouble to yourself IF as what you say, "kill Christians" is not your intent. And I am quite sure this website doesn't want that implication brought onto the owners, NOR would they advocate any kind of violence.

If it is a joke, or ridicule or blasphemy, you can do far better than this, because this can and will send the wrong message, despite any intent you might have in your head. And if you didn't know, Christians, not atheists, are the majority. And even if atheists were the majority, I would never suggest or joke about killing someone over their beliefs, no matter how absurd I find them.

Just because you CAN say something, and since I am not a lawyer, I cannot address the legality of this post, DOESN'T mean it is wise. Whatever you think of my reaction you most certainly are speaking for yourself.

you'd make a perfect theist, seeing implications and connections where there are none

the picture says nothing about murder or anything remotely like it, stretching the meaning of it far beyond anything it intended, that says more about you than me

unlike alot of people im no fan of ultra political correctness, rising up in righteous indignation when someone makes on off-color remark or the like, im not easily offended by much

you must not enjoy the work of basically any comedian because the type of stuff they say is far worse than anything that picture denotes

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:Brian, we all

Thomathy wrote:

Brian, we all get it.  Most of us got it a very long time ago.  You read deep into something intended to provoke harmless humour as a thinly veiled suggestion that, for instance*, Christians should be murdered and put into a dumpster.  That's not what it implies to anyone but you and perhaps doomy.   Honestly, your unabated overreaction to everything you could even remotely construe as violent intent is incredibly annoying.  Look at the picture and laugh, damnit.  It's supposed to be funny.  I can't imagine why you always see some deep, violent meaning in things.  I think that probably says more about you than of the image.

*Brain37 wrote:

just what i was thinking

good post

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, this should prove to

Well, this should prove to believers that atheists are individuals. I am merely warning that what someone intends when they post something may not, as evidence here, be taken the way the poster intend. I think if one is going to take that kind of risk, they need to make their intent clear. If it was unclear to me I think it is reasonable that it could come across to a Christian as being more than merely offensive humor.

This is not face to face voice recognition and text and images by themselves can be taken out of context. If I can make that mistake here, I am certainly sure a Christian can.

Before anyone goes accusing me of being hyper sensitive or politically correct keep in mind I probably cuss the most on this board, am a HUGE South Park fan which incorperates violence in their humor. I am again, merely warning that if it is easy for me to make that mistake I is reasonable that others can and will.

I don't find it funny, now that the intent has been explained, I can accept it and still not find it funny and still warn against it. If I make a joke about a bomb in an airport I can scream all I want that I was just joking, but people who don't know you aren't going to take your word for it. So when you do stuff like this I simply think it is wise to ask yourself before hand if what you post could be taken the wrong way and try to incorperate something that will be obvious to all that you are joking, even if someone doesn't like the joke.

If anyone offends religion more than me on this site, I don't know who does. But there are some things that are risky and that kind of attention is not something I think we should have, not to mention we wouldnt, in reality really want to go out and kill anyone. "Atheist" still has a lot of stigma attached to it and I don't think that image helps us, even though it was intended as a joke.

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Well, this

Brian37 wrote:

Well, this should prove to believers that atheists are individuals. I am merely warning that what someone intends when they post something may not, as evidence here, be taken the way the poster intend. I think if one is going to take that kind of risk, they need to make their intent clear. If it was unclear to me I think it is reasonable that it could come across to a Christian as being more than merely offensive humor.

This is not face to face voice recognition and text and images by themselves can be taken out of context. If I can make that mistake here, I am certainly sure a Christian can.

Before anyone goes accusing me of being hyper sensitive or politically correct keep in mind I probably cuss the most on this board, am a HUGE South Park fan which incorperates violence in their humor. I am again, merely warning that if it is easy for me to make that mistake I is reasonable that others can and will.

I don't find it funny, now that the intent has been explained, I can accept it and still not find it funny and still warn against it. If I make a joke about a bomb in an airport I can scream all I want that I was just joking, but people who don't know you aren't going to take your word for it. So when you do stuff like this I simply think it is wise to ask yourself before hand if what you post could be taken the wrong way and try to incorperate something that will be obvious to all that you are joking, even if someone doesn't like the joke.

If anyone offends religion more than me on this site, I don't know who does. But there are some things that are risky and that kind of attention is not something I think we should have, not to mention we wouldnt, in reality really want to go out and kill anyone. "Atheist" still has a lot of stigma attached to it and I don't think that image helps us, even though it was intended as a joke.

hey, no harm no foul

slight misunderstanding, thats all

now.... lets get back to lambasting religion, which is far more enjoyable and satisfying

(btw, congrats on getting mike shanahan as coach, hopefully dan synder will give him more than a year to turn things around)

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:...as being

Brian37 wrote:
...as being more than merely offensive humor.
It's not even offensive humour.  Oh, whatever, Brian.  I know the next time this happens, you'll just do the same thing again.  I just wanted to point out that it's annoying and that maybe you have a problem ...

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
atomicdogg34 wrote:Brian37

atomicdogg34 wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

you'd make a perfect theist, seeing implications and connections where there are none

the picture says nothing about murder or anything remotely like it, stretching the meaning of it far beyond anything it intended, that says more about you than me

unlike alot of people im no fan of ultra political correctness, rising up in righteous indignation when someone makes on off-color remark or the like, im not easily offended by much

you must not enjoy the work of basically any comedian because the type of stuff they say is far worse than anything that picture denotes

Here is another example that "Point of view" can and is different from person to person.

Take a picture of Bush, photoshop a cross hair on it, post it while he was president. You might find it funny, but I bet while he was president the CIA was checking it out anytime someone did it.  Take a picture of OBAMA and do the same thing. Someone posting that might find it funny, but I am sure that many here would want that person checked out.

You can call it a joke all you want and finding it funny or not funny misses the point that there will be people who will take it the wrong way and some of those people may be in a position of power to do something about it.

Just because you can do something and just because you have a harmless intent in doing something does not mean all the people viewing it will take it the same way. Just be aware of that, that is all I am saying.

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
i really dont care all that

i really dont care all that much what other people think, i found it funny, and that was enough for me, if people take it as something other than what it clearly is, thats their issue, not mine

could that get me into big misunderstandings? probably, but im not all that worried about it

people just need to relax a bit and not take shit so seriously all the time

life cant be fun when you're high strung all the time

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline

Fortunate_Son wrote:

LOL

Fools!

Awww, you snapped. You poor thing. 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

atomicdogg34 wrote:

i really dont care all that much what other people think, i found it funny, and that was enough for me, if people take it as something other than what it clearly is, thats their issue, not mine

could that get me into big misunderstandings? probably, but im not all that worried about it

This is a serious thread for serious religions. 

Are you trying to make fun of Jesus, who loved America? Why do you hate America?

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

atomicdogg34
atheist
atomicdogg34's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:atomicdogg34

ClockCat wrote:

atomicdogg34 wrote:

This is a serious thread for serious religions. 

Are you trying to make fun of Jesus, who loved America? Why do you hate America?

because america is full of infidels that should be put to the sword

praise allah!

*runs and hides from the fundies*

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just noticed the light switch...

Crickey...

bpwaddell
bpwaddell's picture
User is offlineOffline

The difference between  Atheists and Theists is that we DO NOT send solar bibles to try to convert those in Haiti  or Indonesia  or Turkey or Iran,  or anywhere 
where a major natural disaster has destroyed the lives of people in  that country .
Rather,  we organize and send water , food, blankets, doctors , engineers, counsilors,  and we donate like hell...
It is out nature,  it is our humanity, It is who we are !

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:au

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

au contraire! Someone is always listening because humans love to argue. lol 

All forms of tampering with human beings, getting at them, shaping them against their will to your own pattern, all thought control and conditioning is, therefore, a denial of that in men which makes them men and their values ultimate.
Isaiah Berlin