Quarrelsome Morons

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
Posts: 776
Joined: 2009-12-23
User is offlineOffline
Quarrelsome Morons

If I say "I believe in God" I have made a statement about myself.

It doesn't say anything about you, about the world; about truth, or science, or the holy fucking grail.

It says something about me. It says that I have chosen to believe something that is meaningful to me.

With my belief, I can feel peace. It makes all this shit make sense. It makes me a better person.

 

I personally do not believe in anything, least of all in the concept of "truth".

But I can see why people succumb to the almost irresistible pressure of terror: You are alive. You will die. You will be alone. Nobody will ever be able to understand you. Nothing really makes any sense. All people are stupid and evil. You can't trust anyone. The world is trying to break you. Love is the name for something that will rip you apart in unimaginable ways.

It hurts and it is lonesome.

And yet... I can but laugh at all this shit. Bring it on, bitch.

 

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that the first commandment of the dark lord Moron is to think of yourself as smart.

A.k.a. pride.

I really really frown at "atheists" who seem to have an agenda. You don't know anything more than the believers, you fool. You just use different names for that same old shit: "I am right and you are wrong". Well, this is not quite how this world works. You may not believe me right now, but nobody gives a shit about you and your ideas. All of "science" is so fragile that it can be completely eradicated in two generations or less. This is not a world of spirits and illumination. This is the playground of the beast. It doesn't matter what you can equate and quantify; all that matters if whether you can fight and fuck.

The dark terror of your deepest secret life is real. It is out there. And it's coming for you.

 

You fools who spend your time quarreling over this or that idea... don't you have something better to do? Don't you have a lover that you can exhaust your more intense excitements with? Can you not spread your legs and invite fingers to explore your anus? Can you not seek to find your fear of pain expressed and quantified while being savagely beaten by a sexy woman (or man) who knows what you are seeking to understand?

I look at a lot of these "discussions" and I feel only disgust. Like the feeling of repulsion that you might feel at a 40 year old man harbouring the mind and desires of a 10 year old child - and behaving accordingly. Demented!

 

There are some real political problems connected with "faith". One of them is a consequence of a political system that I most vehemently disagree with: Democracy. We are not equal. There are idiots and there are people who work to better themselves. Those are not equals. It is preposterous that a professor of philosophy have the same vote as Joe the motherfucking Plumber. It doesn't even make any sense. But it sure as shit helps to keep politics corrupted! I feel something inbetween deep grief for the human race and murderous rage whenever I watch the activities of some religious cult. Those people do not deserve the right and privelege of a political vote. Not any more than you would give your fucking dog a vote on how to run your home. And that is why they are rightly called "Christian dogs".

But there are "atheist dogs" as well.

Being an officer of The Mind Police doesn't require any special badge.

Only that you are sanctimoniously thinking that YOU are right and THEY are wrong.

 

Which kind of flies in the face of the whole purpose of atheism.

 

It is entirely justified to feel rage when confronted with a Christian dog. Or a Muslim, Jew, and whatever have you. Hare motherfucking Krishna. Because those people are the agents of what will ultimately kill us all: Stupidity thinking it is smart. Do not talk to them. Do not feed them. Do not engage in that weird exchange of mental energy that they think of as a "discussion" - because you can only lose. Just smile and nod and say certainly, sir. Whatever you say, sir. Would there be anything else, sir?

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5087
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Ummmmm

Marquis wrote:

This is the playground of the beast. It doesn't matter what you can equate and quantify; all that matters if whether you can fight and fuck.

 

It's a simplistic response to a sprawling barrage but pretty obviously humans have evolved the brains they have because it's about more than fighting and fucking. It's also about social connections, friends, communication, equating and quantifying. Brute survival in a cave might be the playground of the beast but spreading out to cover the earth on a grand scale is the achievement of homo sapiens.

 

 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3191
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
if you're so disgusted with

if you're so disgusted with the endless back-and-forth why do you keep coming?


mohammed
mohammed's picture
Posts: 119
Joined: 2008-08-20
User is offlineOffline
Science is not fragile. The

Science is not fragile. The germ theory of disease wont be turned on its head in a few decades and the science that made this website possible won't be either. maybe things will be added to our knowledge but the facts are still the facts.


Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
Posts: 776
Joined: 2009-12-23
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:
spreading out to cover the earth on a grand scale is the achievement of homo sapiens

 

I agree. But this is not "good". It's a disease.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com


Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
Posts: 776
Joined: 2009-12-23
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:if you're so

iwbiek wrote:

if you're so disgusted with the endless back-and-forth why do you keep coming?

 

Because I'm a pervert. I need to feel the bile raising and the pain hit me over the head.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com


Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
Posts: 776
Joined: 2009-12-23
User is offlineOffline
mohammed wrote:Science is

mohammed wrote:

Science is not fragile.

 

You say it isn't. I say it is. Let's hope you are right.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com


Atheistextremist
atheistSilver Member
Atheistextremist's picture
Posts: 5087
Joined: 2009-09-17
User is offlineOffline
Chuckle

 

Using the word 'science' loosely like this is a mistake. There are things that can be known and things that can't be known. Things that can be shown to exist and things that are imaginary. When you say science is fragile are you saying that human perceptions that bias/shape science are fragile? Are you saying human comprehension is fragile and all human comprehensions universally flawed?

BTW, I think you need a hug. 

 

 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck


Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
Posts: 776
Joined: 2009-12-23
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:I

Atheistextremist wrote:

I think you need a hug.  

 

I don't do "hugs". If you try to hug me I will have to kill you.

When I say "science is fragile" I mean to say that the human spirit of honesty and truth is fragile.

Look at the history of Islam! It used to be the most progressive culture of them all. But what is it now?

As for what I need...

Hmmm...

I need to cut my girl's skin and suck her blood. Then I need to bruise her ass with my kevlar cane.

Before fucking her until she cries and begs and dissolves into a putty of girly goo.

And that's just the beginning...

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com


Peppermint42
atheistSuperfan
Peppermint42's picture
Posts: 170
Joined: 2009-11-15
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:...a putty of

Marquis wrote:

...a putty of girly goo...

 

That just sounds...  awful. 


nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
Posts: 1868
Joined: 2008-01-25
User is offlineOffline
*Ahem*Marquis wrote:One of

*Ahem*

Marquis wrote:
One of them is a consequence of a political system that I most vehemently disagree with: Democracy. We are not equal. There are idiots and there are people who work to better themselves. Those are not equals. It is preposterous that a professor of philosophy have the same vote as Joe the motherfucking Plumber. It doesn't even make any sense.

Marquis wrote:
Being an officer of The Mind Police doesn't require any special badge.

Only that you are sanctimoniously thinking that YOU are right and THEY are wrong.

I'm sensing some cognitive dissonance here.

These seem to be contradictory statements. Either the professor of philosophy is better-qualified to vote than Joe the motherfucking Plumber, or who is he to think that HE is right and Joe the motherfucking Plumber is wrong? Who are you to sanctimoniously judge Joe the motherfucking Plumber? I think you owe JtMFP an apology.

So which is it? Do we have an epistemic rubric by which to judge right vs. wrong? Or do we admit right now that we have no way of knowing who is right and who is wrong, and therefore democracy is sound from an epistemic standpoint? (This glosses over the fact that democracy is based more on morality than epistemology or metaphysics.)

Quote:
All of "science" is so fragile that it can be completely eradicated in two generations or less.

Crudely put, but essentially true. It isn't so much "science" that is fragile, as our society that is fragile. The anti-science is willful ignorance. As anyone who has listened to Sarah Palin supporters knows, ignorance is a driving motivator for many in society. We'll be lucky if we don't revert to a modern dark ages within a couple of hundred years. (Assuming society survives that long.)

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3191
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Gallowsbait wrote:Marquis

Gallowsbait wrote:

Marquis wrote:

...a putty of girly goo...

 

That just sounds...  awful. 

i second that.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13405
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
mohammed wrote:Science is

mohammed wrote:

Science is not fragile. The germ theory of disease wont be turned on its head in a few decades and the science that made this website possible won't be either. maybe things will be added to our knowledge but the facts are still the facts.

Admitting to totally sidetracking this thread. I noticed your avatar, and as far as I am concerned, you have more balls than the American media and even South Park. Kudos to you. Fuck any Muslim who cant handle their god being picked on.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Zombie Jesus
Zombie Jesus's picture
Posts: 56
Joined: 2010-01-18
User is offlineOffline
Marquis wrote:I need to cut

Marquis wrote:

I need to cut my girl's skin and suck her blood. Then I need to bruise her ass with my kevlar cane.

Before fucking her until she cries and begs and dissolves into a putty of girly goo.

And that's just the beginning...

Saying such vile things, is it by means to shock or infuriate someone? If so I'm not impressed.

All forms of tampering with human beings, getting at them, shaping them against their will to your own pattern, all thought control and conditioning is, therefore, a denial of that in men which makes them men and their values ultimate.
Isaiah Berlin


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 3191
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Zombie Jesus wrote:Marquis

Zombie Jesus wrote:

Marquis wrote:

I need to cut my girl's skin and suck her blood. Then I need to bruise her ass with my kevlar cane.

Before fucking her until she cries and begs and dissolves into a putty of girly goo.

And that's just the beginning...

Saying such vile things, is it by means to shock or infuriate someone? If so I'm not impressed.

i think he's deep in a de sade phase right now, so that might explain it. 

i've read substantial excerpts and personally i never was impressed by the marquis.  i always felt he was rehashing, in a more eloquent way, the same kind of gross jokes goth kids tell to try to appear nihilistic, or every barfly or frat-boy start in on when they've had enough shots.  you know, the ones that often finish with the guy saying, with a slight touch of nervousness, "man, i'm going to hell for sayin' that shit..."  these include dead baby jokes, child rape jokes, necrophilia jokes, bukkake jokes, holocaust jokes, coprophagia jokes...meh.  camus wasn't too impressed with the marquis either and gave an excellent critique of his oeuvre in the rebel.

the only writer who's ever slightly disturbed me is h.p. lovecraft.  well, make that professional writer.  the writings that disturbed me the most were the letters of albert fish.  those make de sade sound like a chicken soup book.

"I asked my father,
I said, 'Father change my name.'
The one I'm using now it's covered up
with fear and filth and cowardice and shame."
--Leonard Cohen


Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
Posts: 776
Joined: 2009-12-23
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Zombie Jesus

iwbiek wrote:

Zombie Jesus wrote:

Marquis wrote:

I need

vile things

the letters of albert fish

 

Ahem.

This is not about "sounding vile". It is about expressing love. Perhaps not love as you imagine it, or as it is being sung abot by starry eyed hippies and perceived by the sanctimonious and fearful pricks of society at large, but love none the less. A love which is based in mutual desires and understanding. The principal point, however, is that it is happening in a setting of mutual consent. Fear, pain and humiliation are just spices which are added to the volcano of energy that you build up between you. You don't have to understand that any more than fundamentalist hillbillys have to understand why gay men might want to suck eachothers cock: You just have to accept that there are ways of expressing interpersonal love that are utterly alien to you.

As for Albert Fish, who BTW was a most heinous criminal, I recommend a comparative study with Gilles de Rais - or even Albert's (somewhat) contemporary H.H. Holmes. I personally find it interesting to consider whether ancient myths of werewolves and that sort of thing were actually based in the psychopathic anomalies of such personalities; only WAY before they had any proper clinical way of describing such phenomenons.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com


Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
Posts: 776
Joined: 2009-12-23
User is offlineOffline
nigelTheBold wrote:So which

nigelTheBold wrote:

So which is it? Do we have an epistemic rubric by which to judge right vs. wrong? Or do we admit right now that we have no way of knowing who is right and who is wrong, and therefore democracy is sound from an epistemic standpoint? (This glosses over the fact that democracy is based more on morality than epistemology or metaphysics.)

YES you are right. So smirk.

(God I hate common sense some times!)


 

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com