Cryptoarchaeology

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cryptoarchaeology

I entertain a nice, personal collection of perversions.

Among these, a fascination for conspiracy theories (CT's). What are they? Where do they come from? Why is it so important for some people that there must be a magical, or behind-the-scenes explanation to phenomenons that they themselves are too narrow minded to understand? I am not sure which is my favourite CT. I like the political one, with the reptilians from Niburu and the New World Order which will manifest as the Mayan calendar expires in 2012. That's just... awesome.

However, I have recently been looking into Zacharia Sitchkin and the Annunaki, as well as other "alien astronomer" CT's. During this study, I came across Puma Punku. Ancient stone structures hold a particular interest to me since I worked with stone masonry and concrete for 15 years. I have a very real and hands-on feel for the material. What that baby faced moron-in-a-suit in the video says is, simply put, bullshit. It seems blatantly obvious to me that the module stones of Puma Punky are made from a geopolymer concrete of sorts (see also this site). They are certainly not carved. Nor are they cut in any other way. No machinery that I am familiar with (which is just about all stone cutting machinery there is in the world) could manufacture those angles with such precision even today. A cast, however...

Anyway, here's a catalogue over anomalies of science: http://www.science-frontiers.com/cat-arch.htm...

Think of it as the circus sideshow.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
You'd have to think

many of these anomalies have a natural explanation but stuff like this can be fascinating. I can't help reading about such things without thinking about the razor as well as Hume's maxim that what happens now is the same as what happened in the past. This opens the door to natural explanations that can be as odd as the unnatural - think plate tectonics. I think people do like the excitement of a good conspiracy theory. Though some, like the World Trade Center conspiracy, are pretty tough going. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:stuff

Atheistextremist wrote:

stuff like this can be fascinating

Yep. But it isn't rational, and hardly a productive thing. That's why I call my fascination a perversion.

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
This reminded me of one

This reminded me of one Sitchin's discovery. You know Old Testament. God's glory here, God's glory over there, God's glory next to that river, God's glory on that hill, God's glory passing next to a mountain, shaken stones fall down, people hide to not get hurt.

What it is in hebrew original? It's called kabod. This word has two meanings. Either it's glory, or shiny metallic object. How interesting. There's several more of such a translation mistakes in Bible.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Do you mean disc-shaped

Luminon wrote:

Either it's glory, or shiny metallic object. How interesting. There's several more of such a translation mistakes in Bible.

shiny metallic object, Lum?

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck