Your parents were IRRATIONAL, and in a way, you should be thankful

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Your parents were IRRATIONAL, and in a way, you should be thankful

becuase without the reptilian/invertebrate brain, encased by the more sophisticated layers of "brain" (ego, and of course, SUPEREGO), NONE of us would be possible. You must have an OLD SYSTEM, before a NEWER, more COMPLEX one.

"What say ye"?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, that seems to be the

Well, that seems to be the general plan for chordates. However, in the nonchordate phyla, there are several arrangements for neurological structure. Some of those, octopus comes to mind) have been demonstrated to be fairly sophisticated even capable of demonstrating learned behavior.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Well, that seems to be the general plan for chordates. However, in the nonchordate phyla, there are several arrangements for neurological structure. Some of those, octopus comes to mind) have been demonstrated to be fairly sophisticated even capable of demonstrating learned behavior.

The octopus seems to have more neural-nucleic mass (sometimes called thoughts, memories, and decisions), than other creatures I can think of...

edit:speaking of molecular biology, it seems I've lost enough sleep lately  to deplete myself of electryltes. Just another... rhetorical question?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)